PDA

View Full Version : Multipayer Impressions

Fenrir767
09-12-2007, 10:00 PM
I haven't got a chance to check out the multiplayer to busy trying to get a large chunk of the singe payer achievements I was wondering how it was

Mr Hey
09-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Surprisingly better than I was told and thought. Spin Attack anhilatingly rapes everyone, which is fun, and its pretty fun to play.

Senor
09-13-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm not really a fan of it. If they got rid of the heal bomb power then I would like it so much more.

MrHarribalsonya
09-13-2007, 10:46 PM
Everyone keeps saying they're mad about the loading time and lag. I haven't experienced lag once and I've played well over 200 maps without hosting. The loading may take a few minutes but it's worth it. This is a really fun multi-player game. There's just a few things that stop it short of having strong re-playability.

Fenrir767
09-16-2007, 06:36 PM
I tried like one or two games I think I need to sit down and give it some more time to really seehow I like it I was just gettng owned for the longest time.

Steelhead
09-16-2007, 06:47 PM
I tried to find a game yesterday and came up empty. There must not be many people playing.

Khaos
09-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Yeah, there aren't that many people out there playing it. You're best bet is trying to get a group of people from here together and all play together.

Don Manolo
09-16-2007, 07:15 PM
yep something like that because it's like the people playing it are also hosting to get their achievements...

Conker Rules All
09-16-2007, 07:24 PM
i've always wanted to hear about the multiplayer because i just bought a brand new copy off ebay and im probably gonna recieve it on wendsday so i can't wait

Tom19
09-16-2007, 09:03 PM
I havent played on multiplayer yet. I started a game and no one joined for like 10 minutes. Does anyone actually play this game online much?

Vaako
09-16-2007, 11:09 PM
It took me about 40 minutes to join a match:mad: and honestly if it wasn't for the achievements i wouldn't play this game online.

been training dogs
09-16-2007, 11:29 PM
It is really fun online but a bit annoying when it takes about 50 bullets to kill someone. Hope there's an update soon to sort out some of the lag.

The shotgun barrage kicks arse.

RavenBlackthorn
09-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Having played numerous other shooters online, I have to say that I was really disappointed with Stranglehold Online. The load times are pretty lengthy and the gameplay online is not nearly that seen in the single player. The Tequila Time in Single Player is great. It adds a really interesting aspect to the game. Tequila Time in Multiplayer however... different story. In single player the game slows--ok, that makes sense. In multiplayer, it slows for you but how does that work out for the other players if they are running all over the map. I played for awhile last night and was pretty disappointed. The amount of health you have is ridiculous and the amount of health packs throughout the levels make it seamingly impossible to kill someone. Most of my kills happened after I unloaded both weapons and switched to fists. That shouldn't happen. To balance this issue I think they should reduce the health bars in multiplayer so you can actually kill someone without completely running out of ammo. Tequila Bombs kills pretty quickly but the entire game should "require" that you do so. Online players should die in the same amount of time it takes to kill some of the stronger AI on the harder levels--in other words 3 or 4 shotgun blasts max?? Not 12 shotty rounds and 100 rounds of Assault Rifle. :)

Zee
09-29-2007, 06:43 AM
People just take a long time to kill with the basic weapons, it's not lag all the time. Not to say it's never lagging and is taking longer the usual.
Not to say there isn't lag, Sometimes I start a game and don't have any weapons and can't pick any up, or people going all over the place.
Overall it's fun online but it wasn't the main focus. It's still a blast to play in a non laggy server though.

Bear
10-02-2007, 05:22 PM
someone told me the online play sucks because it takes to long to kill someone

Shaun Cee
10-20-2007, 10:17 PM
i was playing online in this game once and it took 2 grenades and 2 rounds of assaukt rifle to kill a guy!!!! this has kinda put me off playing this game online but single player is AMAZING!!! lol

xGodDogx
12-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Man i thought the multiplayer on this was really good. Im thinking of going out and buying the game once i give this game back to my friend. But ya the multiplayer seems to be goood when you get used to it.