PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Quality Depreciation

RBmaster9345
09-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Has anyone noticed the armor aesthetic quality has only dropped since custom armor became an option in Halo 3? Halo 3 had Rouge, Hayabusa, Recon just to name an epic few and Reach had maybe one or two good looking helms and now from what Ive seen from this game even less.

Anyone else put off by the trend of bad armors recently?

Ty-Rex
09-21-2012, 03:04 AM
Rogue was ugly as all hell, Hayabusa looked cool and Recon looked like a diaper. The only cool helmet was Security.

Most helmets in Reach looked pretty cool to me. Halo 4's all look pretty weird, but I think some of them look neato. At least there's a lot more helmets in general, so it's pretty hard to be mad that there's more variety now.

The Elite Elite
09-21-2012, 05:01 AM
Well, for Halo 3 the only helmets I really like are the CQB, Mark V, and Mark VI. I think the Hayabusa, EVA, and Security helmets are ugly. The rest I just find kind of meh. For Reach, I like the CQB, CQC, Mark V, Mark VI, EOD, Gungnir, and Operator helmets. Still hate the EVA helmet, but I have no particular feelings about the others. For Halo 4, yeah there are a lot of weird looking helmets, but there are some rather good looking ones too. I do like the look of the Warrior, Recruit, Operator, Mark VI, Gungnir, and EOD helmets. The rest I either find ugly, or haven't seen a good enough picture of to make a judgment on yet. So overall, I find myself liking the new options we've been getting since Halo 3.

Wallbanger
09-21-2012, 11:19 AM
I like the look of the locus helmet, enough so that I changed my preorder to hmv.
http://www.halopedia.org/images/6/60/LOCUS_Helmet.jpg

Joker0fLife
09-21-2012, 06:14 PM
There's been a handful in each game that has appealed to me. To say they've gotten worse is completely opinionated.

Halo 3 had Rogue, CQB, Hayabusa, EOD, and Security. Not to mention the Elite helms too.

I'd go as far as to say in Reach that all of the helmets (with the right attachments) look good besides Military Officer, which just sucked overall.

The helmets do look different in Halo 4, but that's not to say they don't look awesome in their own right. The ones that stick out to me are Gungnir, Infiltrator, Mark VII, Oceanic, Orbital, Venator, Deadeye, Aviator, Defender, Vanguard, and Protector helmets look cool.

The Bum-Mobile
09-22-2012, 02:02 PM
I've loved the EVA helmet most since 3, and it seems that'll also be in 4, so I'm satisfied. But I know what you mean; some of the new designs for 4 just look terrible. I actually I forgot, I used GUNGNIR for awhile, liked that too. Hope that's in the game.

Der Fuhrer
09-22-2012, 10:28 PM
I really liked the Mark V in Halo Reach, but then I did not like it at all in Halo 3. Halo 3 had some good ones, but in general I preferred the Reach helmets and armor to the Halo 3 helmets and armor. I am sure Halo 4 will continue the trend, seeing as 343i already have a ton of designs to work with from what Bungie did.

i fist brown i
09-23-2012, 09:54 PM
everybody has different tastes.. whats ugly to you might be neat to somebody else..