PDA

View Full Version : are you an angered monkey?

|oneyedNewb|
09-13-2007, 07:29 PM
hi all,

was just wondering, after i finished smashing my tv up lol
if any of you ever get frustrated when going for a certain achievement or if you die at a vital point in the game.

i know, i have lost my rag plenty of times, manly with finsing certain things, let's just say surf's up isn't my friend at the minute lol.

Th3 Apache Dog
09-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Yes. All the time, especially when going for an FC or new high score in GH2:mad:

|oneyedNewb|
09-13-2007, 07:31 PM
added a poll.

and i fell your plain apache when going for 300k on guitar hero.

Cold Rival
09-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Yes. All the time, especially when going for an FC or new high score in GH2:mad:

I hear what you're saying. I've tried so many times with my lil bro to get GH2 coop achievements, but he's crap! I play with the controller and he uses the guitar. I've often gotten 100% on some songs on Medium, but my score won't rack up because he breaks the combo too often! :(

Th3 Apache Dog
09-13-2007, 07:34 PM
added a poll.

and i fell your plain apache when going for 300k on guitar hero. Lol...fell your plain:pActually I was going for an FC on Shout at the Devil and obviously the solo always screwed me up, but for some reason I ALWAYS messed up the end in one form or another:rant:I almost broke my guitar:p

|oneyedNewb|
09-13-2007, 07:37 PM
yeah, have been doing kurt caban moves with the guitar all the time and that's not riffs mainly smashing the guitar up lol.

jonnyhallsworth
09-13-2007, 07:53 PM
i used to be. the amount of megadrive pads i went through was silly but not so much anymore, i just have to turn it off before i get to that stage

JesusBread
09-13-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm a very angry monkey when I die in multiplayer matches because of bullshit. By bullshit I mean a grenade bouncing off the wall and landing right in front me me. Did I mention the wall was 100 feet away? Didn't know a grenade can bounce that far...

veritas347
09-13-2007, 08:31 PM
There is nothing more frustrating than when your going for one of those really hard achievements and screw up or when someone walks in front of the screen at the exact wrong time and screw you over so I would have to say I do get furiously mad sometimes but not all the time

09-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Two of them just sent me over the limit:

Call of Duty 2: Clearing out the mansions. By the time it's all said and done it'll take two hours to do the first objective.

Robotron 2084: Wave 10. Seriously, something was about another retry away from getting brutally murdered. Not kidding.

BlaZiN cdn
09-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Only when I know I shouldn't have died, like in MOH Airborne when I was in a room with no enemies and my guy drops dead all of a sudden. Or when I'm playing online and I headshot a guy 3 times and he shoots & misses and I die.

Avelena
09-13-2007, 08:46 PM
It really depends on the game and how much time I put into it.

Rainbow Six Vegas- completing the single player story mode on Realistic

I am sure if someone was watching me die during a long level, they would have laughed at me. I would never hurt my new TV but I would find myself cursing at it. :)

UltraAmoeba
09-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Many things make me an anger monkey lol :

1. Blue Dragon Button Mashing Achievements!
2. Blue Dragon Perfect Run Achievements!
3. Blue Dragon Leveling Up Achievements!

Scrap That!

1. Blue Dragon!!!!!!

Xterm1n8or
09-13-2007, 10:05 PM
I like to think i'm quite patient, i get determined rather than angry ;)

For example tonight i was trying to get a gold medal on the last beat the bomb event in carnage mode on flatout ultimate carnage. It is really hard if you are good at the game and i'm not that good at the game. So i sit there for three hours, restarting every 30 seconds because i mess up, yes it is frustrating but all the time i believe it will happen and 3 hours after starting i complete it and it feels ever so sweet :woop: The funny thing is once you do it you find you can do it every time :p

Games can get annoying yes but whats the point in getting angry it just gives you unnecessary stress, but i guess everybody's different.

Hyperion89
09-13-2007, 10:07 PM
CoD 2 made me lose my mind a couple of times. That thing was cheap as hell at times.

pongsifu
09-14-2007, 03:02 AM
CoD 2 made me lose my mind a couple of times. That thing was cheap as hell at times.

same here :P

Th3 Apache Dog
09-14-2007, 03:06 AM
CoD 2 made me lose my mind a couple of times. That thing was cheap as hell at times. I wonder how i could forget about that game.:( Some levels took me HOURS to beat...nonetheless i almost broke my knee, chair, tv, and controller when going for the 1000/1000 in that game:p

Krueger
09-14-2007, 03:07 AM
spider man 2 i threw my tv clicker at the wall it broke and i couldn't change the channels last time im ever doing that

Mr Hey
09-14-2007, 03:39 AM
The fact I cant get the 500 k achievement, and going for Guitarmaggedon. DAMN PSYCHOBILLIES, FUCKIN ASSMUNCHERS. And Institutionilized (i know i speleed it wrong-who gives a fuck). EERGGG, getting so much better at this game within the last 2 days, and starting to have a lot more fun with it. <3 Guitar Hero 2.

In the past, Dead Rising drove me a tiny mad a couple of times. 1000 was worth it.

Seriously... makes me want to eat a midget, have played that game for probably (maybe havent, but its felt like it) 100s of hours and only 4 k kills!

Rant over.

Most Frantic
09-14-2007, 03:42 AM
I am usually a calm, cool and collected monkey. It takes a LOT of frustration to turn me into an angry monkey.

Mr Hey
09-14-2007, 03:45 AM
Will trade virginity for someone 5 star Psychobilly please..???

DoM cAbAn
09-14-2007, 04:04 AM
Oh yes, I am an "angered monkey". :p Call of Duty 2 on Veteran mode turns me insane. I start kicking all my furniture, swearing, throwing things at the wall... I mean, sometimes I'll be stuck on one objective for hours, and sometimes days (beginning of D-Day)!

Also, Guitar Hero 2 gets me frustrated plenty of times. Right now, I'm stuck on Freebird on the Hard Tour (last song I have to beat to get the Achievement). Whenever I try to beat Freebird, I fail at around 87-88% which pisses me off so badly because it takes up so much of my time.

Those two games are pretty much the only ones that I get really upset about; nothing else really ever does. I really want to get the full 1,000 in Call of Duty 2 as quickly as possible so I'm finished with it. I only need to beat three more levels and I'm done. :)

T FUNK 1984
09-14-2007, 06:47 AM
I know what you all mean. I feel 'the rage' more than I should at times!

One of my controllers has a split in the side from being bounced off the wall after playing on DOA4. grrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

M7.Ninja
09-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Not really. The most frustrating times are when I toss my joystick on the table and just walk away.

Kallion
09-14-2007, 11:04 AM
I am one very angry monkey sometimes. ><
But I try to keep my cool a lot. Some games like Ninety-Nine nights are really frustrating because some of the missions take forever and should you die on the final boss, you get to do the whole mission over, losing the xp you made / items found / weapons found / etc. ><

Multiplayer FPS games get me riled up too. I wish they didn't because I really don't like getting mad.

The one thing I can't stand are angry monkeys who react harshly to other people just because they're mad. Like, say normally you'd ask your friend "Hey bro, want to come over and chill?" He'd be like "Hell yeah let's go!" but when you ask him after he gets owned in CoD or something he's like "No man screw you!" lol

kragore138
09-14-2007, 01:03 PM
I get serious rage when gaming, so often i have wanted to throw my 360 pad through my tv or 360 out the window. For that second it would feel great but then you would be left with no tv or 360, so i just punch the floor instead. Some company needs to make a gamer rage punch bag thats the way forward me thinks.

Vampire x360a
09-14-2007, 01:18 PM
i think i am most defo a angered monkey, if i feel i shouldnt have died in a game of gears or rainbow my whole street will know about, i have also gone thorugh 2 mikes because of anoying kids one of which being my brother he anyoed me so much i took off my mike and threw it at the wall, oh and when someone beats me down twice with a sniper i flip aswell, oh and in shadowrun when im about to keep someon and they teleport inside, and when ive banned myself from playing crackdown caz i swear the orbs are invisible on my screen !!!

Justicezero
09-14-2007, 01:47 PM
I'd say sometimes, i haven't broke anything...but I've screamed obscenities before when games will glitch out and turn off/freeze up or when my console says "Unplayable Disc". oh and modders on h2...that was a angry monkey time. :uzi::mad:

Legends xExilex
09-14-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm not gonna lie I definatly get pissed, but I have not broken anything yet.

NBplaya41
09-14-2007, 03:09 PM
I usually dont throw my controller threw a window like my friend did.:D But i get pissed alot when i cant beat something ( call of duty 2) and i usually take my anger out on someone else( dog :) ).

ZiM1021
09-14-2007, 03:22 PM
I definitely have some rage when it comes to video games but I've held back a lot when it comes to my 360. The fact that the controller is wireless helps me not chuck it against a nearby wall because it would go flying and it's just too pretty to break. The worst pain it feels is when I slam it into my bed. I haven't had much rage lately but it's mainly come from MLB 2K7 freezing when I finish a game in Franchise mode. It's happened three times and it feels like an hour wasted, especially when I play a good game.

When it comes to PS2, however, I've broken one of my controllers R2 buttons when I slammed it against a dresser that my TV and PS2 are on, forcing it to pop out of its socket. Also, the same dresser has black marks all over the edge from the same controller being slammed against it but never breaking until the R2 button incident. This all occurs when I played Madden and gave up interceptions.

oVo Pandora oVo
09-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Not sure I like being described as an angry monkey lol
I definately get pissed at games just ask my friends who have to hear me :p lol CoD2 really got me boiling a few times and surprisingly these stupid "kiddie" games like Shrek and Ratatoutille as well. I may get pissed and curse but would never throw my controller or anything else that could break. Don't want to buy a new one lol If I really just get so annoyed the games gets tossed back in the mail or I get the "oh you ain't gonna beat me you stupid piece of crap game" and push on :) My hubby though has broken several pc controllers playing his games.

Clipse 2
09-14-2007, 03:48 PM
I try to remain level headed during my gaming sessions. At times I'll get frustrated enough to yell out a few choice words. I have broken a controller but it wasn't thrown. After Oscar Dela Hoya beat me in Fight Night I tossed my controller up into the air and missed the catch. It hit just right on the right analog stick causing it to break; now it won't click it just stays depressed. Since then I won't even toss a controller lightly on to the floor, desk, bed, or otherwise.

antilucid
09-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Mmhmm.... My wife tries to remind me it's just a game and that never helps. :eek:

Games usually don't get me all riled up but when they do, I am easily excited and irritable for awhile.

Danny Dibo
09-14-2007, 07:23 PM
I think the worst thing that could ever have happened to me, (with my temper) is to discover the best buy replacement plan.
Now if something pisses me off, I am very quick to chuck a controller, or in one extreme case, a 360, at the closest, hardest structure.
I have been through 4 controllers and broken one system. I just go back in and get a new one with the same excuse,,,
"Yaa, uhh, it fell off of my stand again."

Bax x360a
09-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Sometimes for me... What really gets me is when you spawn in a multiplayer match of something and get killed straight away, you havent got a chance :mad: Out comes the naughty language :p

Pez
09-14-2007, 09:00 PM
I have to admit, sometimes I do if I've had a bad day or whatever.

Most the time though, say on Live, I just laugh at my mistakes and misfortunes, like most the people I play on Live with, then I just laugh at their mistakes and misfortunes too! :)

~SS

|oneyedNewb|
09-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Sometimes for me... What really gets me is when you spawn in a multiplayer match of something and get killed straight away, you havent got a chance :mad: Out comes the naughty language :p
I would stay away from medal of honour:airbourne then, those lil sniping bastards are always getting you lol

da voodoo child
09-14-2007, 11:43 PM
ya whenever i play rainbow six and i get glitched

Mr Hey
09-15-2007, 03:13 AM
I spat on my HDTV several times during GH2 today...pretty immature.

Skillet
09-15-2007, 04:25 AM
Play Ninja Gaiden...if you don't lose your temper at least once, you're a friggin' monk or something.

Th3 Apache Dog
09-15-2007, 04:28 AM
Play Ninja Gaiden...if you don't lose your temper at least once, you're a friggin' monk or something. I remember that game....i went crazy on some parts:p

Skillet
09-15-2007, 04:30 AM
I remember that game....i went crazy on some parts:p

Yeah. I've beaten in three times in the last month. It's not as hard after you've already beaten it but there's still those little moments that make you want to chuck a controller out a window and put your foot in your tv.

Like when a simple soldier breaks your guard and slits your throat.

Fonkey Monkey
09-15-2007, 04:31 AM
not really. im never mad until i just explode one day, those days always suck:p

but i am known to get rather 'fonkey', if you will, at times.

Th3 Apache Dog
09-15-2007, 04:35 AM
Yeah. I've beaten in three times in the last month. It's not as hard after you've already beaten it but there's still those little moments that make you want to chuck a controller out a window and put your foot in your tv.

Like when a simple soldier breaks your guard and slits your throat. I have never beat it. A couple of years ago(5 or so)I beat Doku and then got stuck on those dumb platforms(I had no clue at what i had to do)i got back to it about a year later and passed that one part, but by then my interest was gone and my skill was lacking so i quit it for good:Bounce:

09-15-2007, 04:37 AM
Play Ninja Gaiden...if you don't lose your temper at least once, you're a friggin' monk or something.I think a couple tries at Shinobi would greatly change your opinion about the difficulty of the game.

Skillet
09-15-2007, 04:42 AM
I think a couple tries at Shinobi would greatly change your opinion about the difficulty of the game.

You seem to missunderstand my statement...it's not hard. Not hard by any means. More like...annoying.

I can just get finished kicking a boss' ass then turn around and get killed by a Soldier who's normally down in three slashes.

Th3 Apache Dog
09-15-2007, 04:50 AM
You seem to missunderstand my statement...it's not hard. Not hard by any means. More like...annoying.

I can just get finished kicking a boss' ass then turn around and get killed by a Soldier who's normally down in three slashes. If I remember correctly Alma was a pain in the ass as well. She made me want to hurt myself by hitting my TV.

Skillet
09-15-2007, 04:53 AM
If I remember correctly Alma was a pain in the ass as well. She made me want to hurt myself by hitting my TV.

Got her in three tries. The only thing that makes the bosses hard the first time is getting to know their patterns. Also, "farming" for essence helps. There are several places where enemies respawn. You take an hour or so to kill them and collect the yellow essence and then you go to Muramasa's shop to buy Elixers of Spiritual Life and some Talisman's of Rebirth.

antnie
09-15-2007, 04:57 AM
One word HEXIC rhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lek Wee Eh
09-15-2007, 05:32 PM
Frustration is my downfall. Many moons ago when I would indulge in massive amounts of SOCOM2, and play competitivly through gamebattles.com, I was going through atleast two ps2 controllers a month. Thank god I had a friend who worked at EB and would exchange the controllers for free!

Jdm
09-16-2007, 01:49 AM
I voted for Sometimes.:mad:

Just recently, TMNT got the best of me.

I can't even remember how many times I died at the final battle.

joehill91
09-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Yeh i always do most while playing Pro Evo.