PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 Campaign Footage B-Roll!

MixMaker1
09-24-2012, 03:17 AM
You can finally see the B-Roll sent out to the media last Friday. This includes all the natural in-game audio! If you're staying dark about the campaign - don't watch. But if you're ready to see a sneak peak at the greatest Halo yet, click that PLAY button!

Halo 4 - Campaign Footage B-Roll - YouTube

Here's some War Games B-Roll!

Halo 4 - War Games Gameplay (Solace and Dominion) - YouTube

* Clueless *
09-24-2012, 03:39 AM
Loved this! Thanks for posting.

Cheers! ;)

Ty-Rex
09-24-2012, 04:05 AM
Looks really cool. That assassination on that Promethian was pretty awesome.

* Clueless *
09-24-2012, 04:31 AM
Looks really cool. That assassination on that Promethian was pretty awesome.

Yeah I know, also the core animation was pretty well done - looked heavy.

I liked the cartwheeling/front flipping Elite :p

The black ghost looked sleek, and the banshee control/view looked more like H2/H3 :D

theNomad
09-24-2012, 02:40 PM
love the neon pimped up look of the ghost, only seen day footage of it previously

MixMaker1
09-24-2012, 05:33 PM
This looks amazing. I can't believe we'll be getting 5 NEW missions per week with Cinematics! Check out some of the B-Roll that went out last week!

Halo 4 - Spartan Ops Gameplay B-Roll - YouTube

oozero
09-24-2012, 06:16 PM
im really diggin the sound effects of the weapons

* Clueless *
09-24-2012, 09:08 PM
@MixMaker1: I know right!? The episodes are Free. And the gameplay amount is said to be equal to that of the Campaign. It will just be released slowly/weekly to have a cliffhanger effect.

Meaning the full 1000 :gsicon: will be unobtainable until the final Spartan Ops Episode 5 is released.

There will be many complaints about how short the Campaign is. I think the Spartan Ops is a good remedy.

But in reality, I can't tell you how many times I played through the H3 campaign with friends basically enjoying the heck out of it.

MixMaker1
09-24-2012, 09:52 PM
@MixMaker1: I know right!? The episodes are Free. And the gameplay amount is said to be equal to that of the Campaign. It will just be released slowly/weekly to have a cliffhanger effect.

Meaning the full 1000 :gsicon: will be unobtainable until the final Spartan Ops Episode 5 is released.

There will be many complaints about how short the Campaign is. I think the Spartan Ops is a good remedy.

But in reality, I can't tell you how many times I played through the H3 campaign with friends basically enjoying the heck out of it.
Yup same here. I LOVE Halo 3 - Halo 4 looks to surpass even that! I can't wait. Spartan Ops is looking and sounding great!

DEG23
09-24-2012, 11:35 PM

I might be one of those complainers:p

I was under the impression Spartan Ops was an additional mode on top of a full campaign but it seems like some time and resources have been taken away from the campaign. Having said that i have a feeling i will probably spend more time with Spartan Ops anyway, it looks much more enjoyable.

MixMaker1
09-25-2012, 12:00 AM
They said the 1st level on Heroic took them 45 minutes. And the 3rd level took them over an hour!

theNomad
09-25-2012, 09:49 AM
It does look good and sure 5 eps per week for a few months or so is cool (and possible future seasons after 1) but I'm still a bit pissed that they've dropped Firefight for Spartan Ops.

So far everything I've seen about Halo 4 I've liked, other than it seems like they've added far too many man cannons in the 4v4 maps and they've axed ff.

Sometimes I'm not in a competetive mood and like to drop back to firefight just to blow the shit out covenant. I don't see how we'll get spree medals now in Halo 4, and I bet theres zero chance of consecutive kill medals like killapocalypses.

LickableLemons7
09-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Shit, I knew I shouldn't have watched the campaign B-roll. Now i can easily piece together the campaign. Going on blackout right now.

sanctusmortis
09-26-2012, 01:07 PM
That's missions 1 and 3. You know that, right? And the original E3 demo is mission 4. There's no way to get the rest of the plot from that!

LickableLemons7
09-26-2012, 06:20 PM
That's missions 1 and 3. You know that, right? And the original E3 demo is mission 4. There's no way to get the rest of the plot from that!

Yeah but some dialogue I overheard practically gave away what Chief is trying to do throughout mission 3. That spoils the mission for me, since I know what the whole of it is about. And I can piece together what I've seen from E3, the books, etc. to sum up an ending. Of course, it may not be right, but what I have in mind right now is pretty open and has the potential to branch off into sequels.

ReverendSID
09-26-2012, 08:00 PM

There are 10 Episodes to the first season of Spartan Ops. So the full 1000g will be obtainable halfway through the season.

BiggD
09-27-2012, 06:12 PM
everything about this is amazing. the assassinations, the sound effects on the assault rifle, the scattershot...I simply cannot wait.

OceanH
09-28-2012, 07:12 AM
GameSpot and Giantbomb played for an entire day

Halo 4 - Your Questions Answered - YouTube

Eurogamer Expo 2012: Halo 4 Developer Session with Frank O'Connor - YouTube