PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 Difficulty

Rose Knight789
09-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Hi I was wondering what people's thoughts were about what they expect in the difficulty of the legendary campaign and single player modes. I was wondering if people figured it will be harder than Halo Reach, Halo 3 and Halo CE. Where does everyone think Halo 4 will fall?

LickableLemons7
09-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Nobody nose but 343i.

I fgiure taht the cpmgian wlil be hrad as hlel cusae Hlao 3 was fnikcug isanne yo. And dn'ot get me straetd with Asnvinerary. Hlao Raceh was a ttoal bcith. So ta'ths why I blivee Hlao 4 wlil be czray siht man

Oh yaeh why Hlao 2 no on hree man taht was the wuuuurssssttt:eek:

RBmaster9345
09-25-2012, 11:21 PM
I'd say it depends on how adaptive the Prometheans really fight. Too soon to know of course

DEG23
09-25-2012, 11:59 PM
Nobody nose but 343i.

I fgiure taht the cpmgian wlil be hrad as hlel cusae Hlao 3 was fnikcug isanne yo. And dn'ot get me straetd with Asnvinerary. Hlao Raceh was a ttoal bcith. So ta'ths why I blivee Hlao 4 wlil be czray siht man

Oh yaeh why Hlao 2 no on hree man taht was the wuuuurssssttt:eek:

My brain hurts after trying to read this:p

As far as i'm concerned no Halo is too hard as i have completed them all solo on legendary, (although after Reach softened me up, CE:A almost broke me;))

LickableLemons7
09-26-2012, 03:21 AM
My brain hurts after trying to read this:p

Glad to see somebody tried to take the time and read that.

There's no way of knowing how tough the campaign will be until we play it for ourselves, and even then, many of us will disagree upon its level of difficulty. Quite a lot of us think Halo 2 is the worst of the worst on legendary, while another lot think CE is brain blustering(is that really a word?)

I personally hope it'll be more of a challenge than ODST was, at least up to par with Halo 3/Reach, if not more difficult than that. There were a few challenging segments from those 2 (Coratana and LNoS respectively). And I believe 343i would want to make the campaign for Halo 4 somewhat easier to ease in a new wave of Halo players.

N7 Shadow
09-26-2012, 06:39 AM
Some of you might want to put spoiler tags upon mentioning the pro's (Click on the spoiler tag to know what I mean.).

Prometheans

OT: I'm thinking it'll be on par with Halo 3, or at least near it. It's difficult to say, since we had an idea of who, and what the enemy were capable of (Covenant/Flood.) with a few additions throughout each game. So playing even on Legendary wasn't that much different (Still pretty tough though.). Now we have the Prometheans who are completely unknown to us and have a different arsenal of weapons and forms. I'm probably gonna have some trouble playing it on Legendary that almost rivals Halo 2's.

And that's from a veteran's perspective, the other part of me says Bring It On! :p

Firefly2
11-05-2012, 02:19 PM
I think Legendary on Halo 4 will be the hardest of the series

Damoss
11-05-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm not finding it too difficult at the moment.. The only problem is the bloody knights!

LickableLemons7
11-05-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm not finding it too difficult at the moment.. The only problem is the bloody knights!

I figured as much. It seem as if you really have to focus on destroying Watchers ASAP before taking on the Knights in higher difficulties.

Do you use the old noob combo often? And does it work effectively on the Prometheans? On second thought, scratch that last question. I want to find out for myself. :p

O0mix0O
11-05-2012, 05:50 PM
I found CE surprisingly hard, Halo 3 and Reach weren't that bad but I couldn't get over how much CE kicked my ass.
I ended dropping to heroic, then to normal because as much as I love a challenge I can only have my ass handed to me a certain amount of times before I start to cut myself.

Vendetta
11-05-2012, 05:53 PM
I hope they made it harder than Reach. Not that Reach was that much of a challenge on solo legendary but it was the "hardest" of the Halo series.

Bahroo3
11-05-2012, 05:59 PM
They need to make an achievement for beating Legendary Campaign will all skulls on. That is where the real fun is.

LickableLemons7
11-05-2012, 06:04 PM
I hope they made it harder than Reach. Not that Reach was that much of a challenge on solo legendary but it was the "hardest" of the Halo series.

No way man, Halo 2 was the worst!

Hardest-
Halo 2
Halo CE
Halo Reach
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
-Easiest

BiggD
11-05-2012, 06:07 PM
No way man, Halo 2 was the worst!

Hardest-
Halo 2
Halo CE
Halo Reach
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
-Easiest

Agreed 1000%. I don't know why nobody gives Halo 2 any thought when discussing difficult Campaigns. While Halo 2 is easily my favorite in the franchise, it was a tough battle to beat it on Legendary.

If anyone thinks Halo 3 was hard - at all! - then I feel bad for you. Halo 3 didn't even have us up against Elites, which made it terribly easy. The AI Brutes were incredibly unintelligent.

ecto69
11-05-2012, 06:58 PM
I plan to play it at the easiest difficulty so no a clue. I am really only a casual player, more interested in story then in the difficulty level. I have been playing Reach at normal in campaign mode and had to drop it to easy for mission 6 or 7 (Exodus?).

Nevander
11-05-2012, 08:29 PM
I plan to play it at the easiest difficulty so no a clue. I am really only a casual player, more interested in story then in the difficulty level. I have been playing Reach at normal in campaign mode and had to drop it to easy for mission 6 or 7 (Exodus?).

I know what you mean, but the lure of the achievement for Legendary is too much to not go after. :p

XperimntNterror
11-05-2012, 09:35 PM
I dunno. For me, Reach was a pretty good challenge on Legendary, Solo. Probably because it was the first Halo I even attempted Legendary on (of course, now I'm going back to the earlier ones and re-playing them on Legendary, solo).

I think CE is easier than Reach, mostly because of having use of the Bandanna skull for unlimited ammo and Boom to increase their radius, so you can spam plasma grenades all day long. I didn't use this skull when going for A Monument To All Your Sins in Reach, though.

Hopefully, Halo 4 is a FAIR challenge and doesn't employ cheap AI tactics to up the difficulty ante.

xTGMx INF3RNO
11-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Was about to make a thread an moan. Finished every halo solo no problem at all. This one i started on heroic and get owned so went to normal first. Even on NORMAL enemies and insanely accurate as in the never miss and always hit me even when moving. And i die i 3-4 hits on NORMAL. solo legendary will kill me......

LickableLemons7
11-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Was about to make a thread an moan. Finished every halo solo no problem at all. This one i started on heroic and get owned so went to normal first. Even on NORMAL enemies and insanely accurate as in the never miss and always hit me even when moving. And i die i 3-4 hits on NORMAL. solo legendary will kill me......

Strafe behind those rocks and funky Forerunner structures as you wait for your shield to recharge. And always resort to using the noob combo. NEVER FORGET TO USE THE NOOB COMBOOOOO

Halo 101.

xTGMx INF3RNO
11-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Strafe behind those rocks and funky Forerunner structures as you wait for your shield to recharge. And always resort to using the noob combo. NEVER FORGET TO USE THE NOOB COMBOOOOO

Halo 101.

Looks like i will have to! Just pick them off slowly and wait for checkpoints. NOOB COMBO FTW

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
11-05-2012, 10:31 PM
They need to make an achievement for beating Legendary Campaign will all skulls on. That is where the real fun is.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcy9idUvpw1rcn555o1_500.jpg

Vendetta
11-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Agreed 1000%. I don't know why nobody gives Halo 2 any thought when discussing difficult Campaigns. While Halo 2 is easily my favorite in the franchise, it was a tough battle to beat it on Legendary.

If anyone thinks Halo 3 was hard - at all! - then I feel bad for you. Halo 3 didn't even have us up against Elites, which made it terribly easy. The AI Brutes were incredibly unintelligent.

Minus the jackals with the snipers having uncanny aim, I had zero issue with Halo 2.

Gackt
11-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Minus the jackals with the snipers having uncanny aim, I had zero issue with Halo 2.

This ^^
Jackals were the only annoyance.

Steelhead
11-05-2012, 11:30 PM
I didn't have too much trouble with H2 either, but that was 8 years ago back when I was a youngin at the feisty age of 32. Now I'm an old bastard, so I'm lucky to remember where the hell I put my controller, much less be nimble with it http://www.leadslingersgaming.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/oldfart.gif http://www.leadslingersgaming.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/old.gif

Games aren't getting harder, I'm just getting slower.

Bahroo3
11-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Games aren't getting harder, I'm just getting slower.

I like this quote.

BiggD
11-05-2012, 11:54 PM

This ^^
Jackals were the only annoyance.

I can agree with that, and while they were probably the only annoyance, Halo 2 still stands as the hardest Campaign.

Remadee
11-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Breezed through the first couple of missions, thought, this is fairly easy.

Then I encountered the Knights. :(

Barad
11-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Looks to be the hardest Halo yet, even more kickass.

Jakez123
11-06-2012, 01:27 AM
Hi I was wondering what people's thoughts were about what they expect in the difficulty of the legendary campaign and single player modes. I was wondering if people figured it will be harder than Halo Reach, Halo 3 and Halo CE. Where does everyone think Halo 4 will fall?

The campaign is easy on legendary.

quocviet0908
11-06-2012, 02:38 AM
I can agree with that, and while they were probably the only annoyance, Halo 2 still stands as the hardest Campaign.

You think only the Jackals are most annoying? Hell man you forget about the god damn Buggy, especially on Delta Halo.

BiggD
11-06-2012, 02:44 AM
You think only the Jackals are most annoying? Hell man you forget about the god damn Buggy, especially on Delta Halo.

They're pretty annoying, there's no denying that, but I always found using the Shotgun on that Gondola ride to ease the tension of that encounter!

Damoss
11-06-2012, 03:10 AM
Just finished legendary. Last part is a pain in the ass, you'll know what I mean when your there.

TIP: Keep the autosentry!!!!

610/1000 Not bad so far.

quocviet0908
11-06-2012, 03:15 AM
Just finished legendary. Last part is a pain in the ass, you'll know what I mean when your there.

TIP: Keep the autosentry!!!!

610/1000 Not bad so far.

Do you mean there are a lot of homo-enemies at the end of the game? Damn time for preparing my ass. :p

lifeexpectancy
11-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Should've had an option for "roughly the same". It really feels about equal to Halo CE, Halo 3, ODST, and Reach. The only Halo harder than the others was Halo 2 on legendary. The jackal snipers one-shot killed you if you even poked your head out a LITTLE.

theEchness
11-07-2012, 06:51 PM
I think this one is easily the hardest. i am always running low on ammo. Then I gotta scavange to find some. Damn hard for me anyways.

burnsito108
01-30-2013, 01:44 AM
Honestly I think now that Halo 4 is out and I've had time to play through it a few times, I don't think it's as hard as Halo: Reach, the last level just was so hard and took me quite a long time. So I think Halo 4 will not be as hard as Reach, but is around the difficulty oh Halo 3, just because Promethean knights are a bitch and the flood was a huge pain in H3

Snoop QC
01-30-2013, 02:38 AM
Halo 4 is not the hardest really, if you've beaten Halo 2 on legendary you can beat any other Halo game. I did it, this is why I had some challenging parts in Halo 4 but it's not a pain in the ass to complete.

gabwe
01-31-2013, 04:46 PM
Just finished the campaign on Normal and found it pretty hard at times, already! Mainly because of the Promethean knights. Last part of the last mission was a nightmare, I was always low on ammo and kept being killed when trying to scavenge for some. So I think that I won't even try Legendary (which I never managed to beat in any Halo games anyway, I'm an average Halo player).

Silicon Iceman
01-31-2013, 09:58 PM
The three people that voted for Halo 4 being "more difficult than Halo 3" are smoking crack.

... like "Al-Pachino-shoving-his-face-in-a-hill-of-cocaine-on-his-desk-and-snorting-it-until-his-eyeballs-bleed" crack.

-M

bLaKgRaVy
01-31-2013, 10:07 PM
I dunno. For me, Reach was a pretty good challenge on Legendary, Solo. Probably because it was the first Halo I even attempted Legendary on (of course, now I'm going back to the earlier ones and re-playing them on Legendary, solo).

I think CE is easier than Reach, mostly because of having use of the Bandanna skull for unlimited ammo and Boom to increase their radius, so you can spam plasma grenades all day long. I didn't use this skull when going for A Monument To All Your Sins in Reach, though.

Hopefully, Halo 4 is a FAIR challenge and doesn't employ cheap AI tactics to up the difficulty ante.

That's because the Bandanna skull wasn't in Reach... unfortunately...

lifeexpectancy
02-01-2013, 06:12 AM
I think its about average. I played through all the Halo titles leading up to Halo 4 and the only one "harder" was halo 2. The rest are all aboit the same level of difficulty, about a 5 or 6/10 on the difficulty scale.

drexsack
02-01-2013, 12:37 PM
I think it's average, too. I played each one (except Halo Wars) on legendary with my buddy, none made bigger problems. Reach and Halo 4 also solo legendary for the achievo, but that's also not that difficult. Overall, Halo would be a 6-7/10 for me.