PDA

View Full Version : Will Arbiter return in Halo 4?

RippinTags
09-26-2012, 02:11 AM
I'm just wondering if arbiter will be returning or not. Also who will the other players play as when in co-op. Will it just be other master chiefs or will it be like reach were your play as your multiplayer spartan.

Son of Kyuss
09-26-2012, 03:06 AM
I seriously doubt the Arbiter will return seeing as the focus is on Master Chief and as far as the Arbiter knows, Chief died.

Frankie confirmed that players will all play as Master Chief just like in Halo and Halo 2 because of continuity.

RBmaster9345
09-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Wouldnt be surprised if we see him or at least a reference to him in the later 2 games.

The Bum-Mobile
09-26-2012, 03:27 PM
He'd fucking better

niko da bos
09-26-2012, 04:07 PM
I seriously doubt the Arbiter will return seeing as the focus is on Master Chief and as far as the Arbiter knows, Chief died.

Frankie confirmed that players will all play as Master Chief just like in Halo and Halo 2 because of continuity.

*confused*
at the conclusion of halo3, wasnt chief + arbiter together and safe after that hog ride? never read the novels, so maybe i could be missing some event that took place after the game?

i personally would love arbiter to make a return, even if its for only one mission. interesting that they are going back to the 4-master chiefs layout lol. i always thought that shit was awkward, on halo3 i thought it was funny to have 1 master chief and 3 dinos:p. Reach had a great concept in my opinion, the multiplayer spartan into the campaign was awesome. however, since this is about chief thats not going to happen.

Son of Kyuss
09-26-2012, 04:54 PM
*confused*
at the conclusion of halo3, wasnt chief + arbiter together and safe after that hog ride? never read the novels, so maybe i could be missing some event that took place after the game?

Arbiter made it into the front half of the FUD, the one that made it back to Earth, before the slipspace portal severed it in half with Chief and Cortana in the back.

Then again the Arbiter doesn't seem to fully believe that Chief is dead due to his tenacity and luck during the war. Who knows, he may show up briefly, be referenced at some point or he may actually show up to help Chief kick some Forerunner ass in the sequels.

Vectorman953
09-26-2012, 05:41 PM
I can't see him taking place in the campaign, since explaining how the Arbiter got into a random shield planet the location of which unknown (compared to earth, or sanghelli space).

He will probably at least be mentioned or show up later on in the trilogy (I'm betting that Halo 6 will feature whatever enemy it is trying to attack earth, since the last in a trilogy usually features this to seemingly escalte the threat)

Why I think the Arbiter will be mentioned might be a spoiler maybe?
In the Karen Travis books, it features a storyline that details the Elite's civil war. Those who believe humanity should be left alone, siding with the arbiter - and those who want to exterminate us once and for all. Pretty sure the remenants of the covanent we fight in the game will be those seperatists.

ZingZitang
09-26-2012, 08:43 PM
I can't see him taking place in the campaign, since explaining how the Arbiter got into a random shield planet the location of which unknown (compared to earth, or sanghelli space).
[/spoiler]

Requiem is not that Unknown.

After all an Entire Covenant Fleet(Belonging to The Servants of Abiding Truth is my guess, they're enemies of the Arbiter) is there, along with the Infinity.

ReverendSID
09-26-2012, 09:57 PM
i personally would love arbiter to make a return, even if its for only one mission. interesting that they are going back to the 4-master chiefs layout lol. i always thought that shit was awkward, on halo3 i thought it was funny to have 1 master chief and 3 dinos:p. Reach had a great concept in my opinion, the multiplayer spartan into the campaign was awesome. however, since this is about chief thats not going to happen.
But in Reach, that multiplayer Spartan was still technically Nobel 6. So in Co-op campaign you had multiple Nobel 6's, which makes 3 the only one where you weren't all the game's main character.

As for the Arbiter, I'd like to see him return at some point simply because I love pretty much any game character voiced by Keith David. :)

niko da bos
09-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Arbiter made it into the front half of the FUD, the one that made it back to Earth, before the slipspace portal severed it in half with Chief and Cortana in the back.

oops, i forgot about that part lol.

As for the Arbiter, I'd like to see him return at some point simply because I love pretty much any game character voiced by Keith David. :)

:)
"were it so easy"

BiggD
09-27-2012, 06:08 PM
I have my hopes that he will make an appearance near the end of the game maybe. perhaps...with Rtas 'Vadum, the ultimate badass.

sanctusmortis
09-28-2012, 09:43 PM
I think there'll be ties to get him back in - maybe leading the "reformed" Covenant against these zealous ones. But, I really doubt he'll go to Requiem...

xXmyxxmastaXx
09-29-2012, 08:04 AM
he is on the elite homeworld Shanghelios

DarkReign2021
09-29-2012, 03:38 PM
I can't say for certain whether the Arbiter will be in Halo 4 or not. It's possible, but we'll have to see what happens in The Thursday War. For all we know the Arbiter could be assassinated before the events of Halo 4 even take place. He sure seems to have a lot of enemies. As for the enemies being the Servants of Abiding Truth, I'm not certain we'll be fighting them. They seem to be Sangheili extremists and I notice we're still fighting pockets of Unggoy, Kigyar, and Lekgolo as well. Unfortunately no word yet on the return of Jiralhanae or Yanme'e.

Also, last time I checked the Kigyar kind of went their separate way from the rest of the covenant factions after Halo 3 and some of them are even working with the Human Insurrectionists. Not sure why they would be fighting for the Sangheili at this point. I also remember there were pockets of Jiralhanae and Unggoy on Sanghelios that remain loyal (or at least docile) to the Sangheili, but I don't think they're numbers ranked high enough to even consider military action. Might explain why they don't return in this game if that's the case, but if you remember from the short story "Stomping on the Heels of a Fuss" there are still Jiralhanae contingents of decent size out there. It would be interesting to see them come back and fighting with you, the Sangheili forces, and the Ecumene (and later the flood.) 5-way war for the win!

Darth Grif55
09-29-2012, 11:24 PM
I hope Arbiter returns in the future. He's my favorite Halo character, it'd be a shame to never see him again.

DarkReign2021
09-30-2012, 12:44 PM
I hope Arbiter returns in the future. He's my favorite Halo character, it'd be a shame to never see him again.

I dunno. He was kind of shafted in Halo 3. Halo 2 was great because he had a starring role and it got us into a lot of the politics and dealings of the Covenant. In Halo 3 he was a co-op driven lap-dog with no story of his own and next to no actual dialog. With Halo 4 focused so closely on the chief, maybe the Arbiter should hang back until Halo 5. I would like the opportunity for him to become an important character again. Especially now that he's in charge of the biggest remnant of the Covenant fleet.

Emfulz
09-30-2012, 03:40 PM
I liked how they did it in Halo 3 where everyone was a different character. You never know though, the Arbiter could return in one of Halo's new trilogy installments.

LickableLemons7
09-30-2012, 04:14 PM
I think Halo 4's ending would be great if Chief destroys Requiem and escapes in a longsword and then Cortana would be all like: "Requiem...it's finished." Then Chief would say, "No, I think we're just getting started." Then Cortana would notice some of those tear-drop shaped covenant carriers and would say "MOAR COVENANT INBOUND!" and Chief would jump up and be like "HOLY SHIT YOU CAN'T BE SRS." But the Arbiter would be in one of the carriers and he transmits some sort of signal and exclaims "YO CHIEF I'M BACK BITCH!" And to top it off they'd meet up and greet each other just like Arnold Schwarzenegger and the one black dude from the first Predator movie.

ArnieĀ“s handshake - YouTube

ReverendSID
09-30-2012, 10:15 PM
I think Halo 4's ending would be great if Chief destroys Requiem and escapes in a longsword and then Cortana would be all like: "Requiem...it's finished." Then Chief would say, "No, I think we're just getting started." Then Cortana would notice some of those tear-drop shaped covenant carriers and would say "MOAR COVENANT INBOUND!" and Chief would jump up and be like "HOLY SHIT YOU CAN'T BE SRS." But the Arbiter would be in one of the carriers and he transmits some sort of signal and exclaims "YO CHIEF I'M BACK BITCH!" And to top it off they'd meet up and greet each other just like Arnold Schwarzenegger and the one black dude from the first Predator movie.

You made me click the button in your signature, you bastage! :p

onyxguard11
09-30-2012, 11:28 PM
i doubt hell be in halo 4 ;/.but it be awesome if at some point in halo 5 or 6 the prometheans and didact go to earth and the arbiter shows up with a massive elite army :D

BiggD
10-01-2012, 12:56 AM
I think Halo 4's ending would be great if Chief destroys Requiem and escapes in a longsword and then Cortana would be all like: "Requiem...it's finished." Then Chief would say, "No, I think we're just getting started."

LOLOLOL!!! If every Halo game ended like this, I'm not sure if it would be cool, or really really uncreative-ly annoying lol.

jon30111993
10-01-2012, 12:58 AM
hope he does return would be awsome

Kaiyo
10-01-2012, 02:33 AM
It be awesome if he comes back in Halo 4 via Campaign or Spartan Ops.

ZingZitang
10-01-2012, 06:53 PM
It would be interesting to see them come back and fighting with you, the Sangheili forces, and the Ecumene (and later the flood.) 5-way war for the win!Battle of the Five Armies - In Space!(A reference to The Hobbit, for those who haven't read it)

Especially now that he's in charge of the biggest remnant of the Covenant fleet.
This. I really can't see him not being included in some way considering he's the Boss of the Covenant now.

We'll have new information tomorrow with the Release of The Thursday War!

RottenApp1eCore
10-11-2012, 12:56 PM
I hope he pops up at some point, even in reference.