PDA

View Full Version : Online Play - Problem with random maps

Dooode
09-14-2007, 07:49 AM
hey there,

been playing online yesterday for the first time and made a server. maps set to random and we only played 3 maps... over and over again. how come? I can see many maps for selection, but random chooses the same 3 maps over and over again. has this something to do with the number of players, because there were only 3 of us, so maybe other maps wouldn't make sense because of their size.

Clipse 2
09-14-2007, 01:14 PM
hey there,

been playing online yesterday for the first time and made a server. maps set to random and we only played 3 maps... over and over again. how come? I can see many maps for selection, but random chooses the same 3 maps over and over again. has this something to do with the number of players, because there were only 3 of us, so maybe other maps wouldn't make sense because of their size.

You might have answered your own question at the end there. Its been quite a while since I played Lost Planet online but my first thought would be the game type you were in. To test it just switch to another game type to see if the other maps come into play. Another thought I'm having is if its a coding issue thats not allowing the other maps to be included in the random drawing.