PDA

View Full Version : EA Online, terrible or?

bosInFusioN
09-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Just curious if anyone else is having the same issues as I have been with the game freezing or lagging so bad that it is unplayable online. Seems like every game I join online has some serious issues.

In one case, I was 1.8 seconds away from claiming a 4-3 victory when the game locked up and I was credited with a loss.

Lek Wee Eh
09-14-2007, 05:21 PM
EA is awful.

Fullawka14
09-14-2007, 09:58 PM
No but i am getting this game tomorrow so ill maybe post up if it sucks or not.

CovertDog
09-14-2007, 10:48 PM
I'am having issues. I didn't know if it was me, the servers or my disc. Played 6 games and it frooze up on me 5 of the times. Have a record of 0-5 and I was leading in 4 of the ones it frooze up on.:mad: Also it keeps jumping back to a faceoff and adding more time on to the clock.

cravenmoorhead5
09-15-2007, 12:46 AM
Yes some online games are messed up but im not having as bad of a percentage ive played 16 online games and only 2 of them froze on me so im recorded as 10-4 instead of 12-4.

nickhopkinz
09-15-2007, 06:14 AM
i'm 12-7-2, 3 of those losses were due to my game freezing when i was leading, so 12-4-2

bosInFusioN
09-15-2007, 01:33 PM
I've pretty much given up. Hopefully they'll patch it because I hate restarting my xbox everytime the game freezes like that.

Lek Wee Eh
09-15-2007, 07:09 PM
I dont even bother doing the versus. I just do the shootout, its quick and if it fails, oh well. Its annoying to continuely download roster updates as it doesnt save even if you choose save. Aswell, Covert, NHL07 did that alot, I would remember somone scoring on me then it would reset at a faceoff and the goal didnt register. It was my savior!

Capocci 007
09-15-2007, 10:15 PM
ea online blows its tewrrible. i have a record of 28-4 , i should be 28-2. i was up 7-0 and the game ended so igo check my record and i see it says i loss 3-0. also im up 4-0 in the other game and as soon as the 3rd period starrs it starts lagging crazy.
im in a game right this moment where it keeps repeating the same faceoff , after me or this guy wins the draw a second later it goes right back to it. this pisses me off badly because i thought it was my connection though my connection is never ever a problem and when i lose i get real pissed.

CovertDog
09-15-2007, 10:25 PM
I guess it's not anyone, it's just EA. I am wondering if anyone elses console sounds awful well playing this? Mine whines and grinds, but when I play anything else it sounds fine.

Turbo VDuB 44
09-16-2007, 12:42 AM
My console actually is quite during this game. Every time i click team game it loads up fine, then as soon as the national anthem starts to play and they show the overhead view of the teams, it says connection to opponents was lost.....9 straight times. And if i just try single player games, it simply freezes during the loading screens. all i can say is FUCK YOU EA

bosInFusioN
09-16-2007, 03:14 AM
I've had about 8 back to back games where I've had no problems, what I think might be helping is I always pause the game during the anthem. (instead of trying to skip it with he A button) Wait 5-10 seconds for lag to settle then resume the game.

Maybe it's luck, but it's worked everytime thus far.

BThumme
09-16-2007, 03:19 AM
0/27 on Team Play games...I've tried over the course of seven hours...I just want to play ONE game...just ONE

Fullawka14
09-16-2007, 05:29 AM
I can't stress enough how fucking pissed off i am at these fucking servers. i have tried like 30 games to get into then as soon as it sings the national anthem it says you have lost connection. EA fucking sucks dick. I just want to play at least one game sometime soon. They better fix this or something.:mad::rant:

Im sorry but really this is making me mad, and they have to fix it.

BThumme
09-16-2007, 06:40 PM
I've only found one home-made remedy: Everyone in the room has to clear there system cache (dashboard > memory> highlight hard drive press y > xx LB RB xx > yes).

I finally got my first game after that...but everyone in the room has to have done that.

Fullawka14
09-16-2007, 07:14 PM
It was better today, i actually got to play like 6 shootouts but then after that i went into any kind game and it kept on freezing and said connection lost again.

Krueger
09-16-2007, 11:06 PM
ea screws up again these servers are so bad does anyone know when a patch is coming

bosInFusioN
09-16-2007, 11:58 PM
Unable to play any versus games today at all, shootouts seem to be working however.

Turbo VDuB 44
09-17-2007, 09:57 PM
the first day i got this game when it came out i played 25 straight shootouts without a problem and a few team plays....someone told me to clear the cache which was mentioned earlier in here.....what exactly does it do when you clear the cache?

bosInFusioN
09-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Wow. I can't even play a game without having the issue where it resets at a faceoff whenever I touch the puck anymore. Fuck EA for screwing this up so bad.

Bobtroid
09-19-2007, 10:01 PM
I've only found one home-made remedy: Everyone in the room has to clear there system cache (dashboard > memory> highlight hard drive press y > xx LB RB xx > yes).

I finally got my first game after that...but everyone in the room has to have done that.

Why do you have to do that? What does it do?

cravenmoorhead5
09-20-2007, 03:57 AM
Yep Im getting a lock of disc unreadable lately and I can never get into a team game so that achievement will be held off for a while. Uhh I hate this the one game I care about where I rank on the leaderboard has horrible online problems.

EDIT: Also what is with this having to download rosters before every game. Its really pissing me off all my opponents leave before that stupid thing downloads. AHH what is wrong with this game. WE NEED A PATCH! DONT BE LIKE 2K!!! PLEASE!!!

cravenmoorhead5
10-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Ok I figured it out if anyone else has to download rosters before every game its because of if u messed up the regular rosters from created teams or players, so just delete the roster settings and your good to go now more waiting over a minute to do the dumb download everytime.

Bas #36
10-08-2007, 08:57 AM
I dont know why Ea is so terrible every single game they release has the same problems dont they look at a game they release and get feedback from users? I dont know. It still is the best hockey game if you ask me. ;-)

Bas #36
10-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Ok I figured it out if anyone else has to download rosters before every game its because of if u messed up the regular rosters from created teams or players, so just delete the roster settings and your good to go now more waiting over a minute to do the dumb download everytime.

I tried this and did not work for me. I still need to download the roster every time. What am I doing wrong I deleted every single save file in my NHL.