PDA

View Full Version : Pimon and Tumbaa

Ceromorth
09-28-2012, 03:46 PM
These guys are getting annoying, having a challenge to kill 2 named rare mobs that spawn independently of each other within 10 seconds is MADNESS! Now I know its not a required challenge but I have all Area challenge complete upto and including Wildlife Exploitation Preserve so I wanted to get this one done before continuing the story.

Has anyone else had better luck with seeing them BOTH spawn?

I have spent nearly 8 hours on this. :mad: Tumbaa spawns far more often for me in 150 in or so runs seen him about 20 times but seen Pimon only TWICE.

Sometimes I hate having this necessity to have everything done in a game :(

BBowles
09-28-2012, 04:47 PM
:D I thought I was the only stuck at this point, refusing to enter Thousand Cuts until I finished this one last area challenge that I need lol

If it makes you feel any better, I'm at about 5 hours and I've NEVER seen Pimon....

Although I did acquire an orange gun from Tuumba and one of the several Chubbies I've fought in the meantime.

Does Pimon spawn in the same batch as Tuumba?

Edit: This is apparently my punishment for finding Jimmy Jenkins on my first visit to the Wildlife Preserve >_< I just want to kill my childhood heros, is that so wrong?

Ceromorth
09-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Yeah when Pimon decides to spawn he is in the same area that Tumbaa spawns with the other skags, stalkers and rakk

XxStuartxX 1990
09-28-2012, 04:58 PM
I've never seen either of them, I don't even know what creature they are, Skag? Stalker? Rakk? I have no idea what so ever.

BBowles
09-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Pimon is a stalker, and Tuumba is a skag :)

At least I'm looking in the right area apparently lol....back to the grind. THANK GOD for the Natural Selection Annex dlc.....or this would really suck.

BBowles
09-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Make that 2 of the same Orange weapon from Tuumba now....

Vindicator51
09-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Funny that when you replace the first letters of each one, it reminds me of The Lion King.

ColdSpider72
09-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Funny that when you replace the first letters of each one, it reminds me of The Lion King.

That was the point. It was obviously done on purpose. Almost everything in this game is a reference or Easter egg to something else.

Ceromorth
09-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Supplies of beer and crisps now dangerously low, searching the Wildlife exploitation preserve going badly, unable to find the 2 mobs spawned together. Losing my mind, been a full day of gaming and no sign of Timon with Pumbaa or Pumbaa with Timon.

If you find this message send help or some beer. Actually prioritize the beer!

Dreage
09-29-2012, 01:52 AM
Yeah i seen them both spawn in tvh. Sadly i was 3 levels lower than them so it took me a good 5 minutes to actually kill pimon alone. Her shields were insanely high, but yes i have seen them both spawn at once.

xCHICKEN DIXx
09-29-2012, 03:04 AM
Funny that when you replace the first letters of each one, it reminds me of The Lion King. you havent notice the ninja turtles with splinter that are in the game there is a pizza box in moxxi's on the table use your phone to read the code on it to get some tmnt video i think

IC3 L3G3ND
09-29-2012, 03:09 AM
same here,i have the 1000g already but want to do every challenge and only time i see them together is when i was lower level than them and it took what felt like a lifetime to kill them

GuidoNGR
09-29-2012, 03:43 AM
I actually just got this challenge doing the WLR quest trying to get Jenkins and they showed up half the time, I was on True Vault Hunter too. When I was in Normal mode they'd never show up.

BBowles
09-29-2012, 05:02 AM
....and, knowing my luck, area challenges are reset upon starting TVH mode? Or not? Might be something I save for later if I don't have to redo other challenges....

GuidoNGR
09-29-2012, 06:15 AM
....and, knowing my luck, area challenges are reset upon starting TVH mode? Or not? Might be something I save for later if I don't have to redo other challenges....

they don't reset and even if they did, you have the choice of going back to your "Normal" Playthrough at anytime.

BBowles
09-29-2012, 06:22 AM
they don't reset and even if they did, you have the choice of going back to your "Normal" Playthrough at anytime.

Good. It just sounds like they appear more often in TVHM, but if the area challenges reset then I'd have to track all of them down again in TVHM, which I wouldn't want to do lol. Might try a bit longer (waiting for the shift code anyways) before I move on. Thanks for the info.

UberPirateNinja
09-29-2012, 12:44 PM
That was the point. It was obviously done on purpose. Almost everything in this game is a reference or Easter egg to something else.

Thanks for pointing that out Captain Obvious! ;)

OhJuggernaut
10-02-2012, 02:58 AM
I have seen Tumbaa many times while quitting and going back into the annex on TVH. I haven't ever seen Pimon. EVER. I was wondering if anyone is doing something specific to see him or what because I am a level 50 trying to do all the challenges and this is the last one I need for the areas.

Ceromorth
10-02-2012, 04:51 AM
I gave up and moved on with the story after a full days play wasted reloading the area, and seeing Pimon just twice and without Tumbaa for backup both times grr. I lost track of how many reloads it was in the end.

My current theory is he has a high chance of bugging and spawning outside or under the level. Sometimes when its just Tumbaa left (after I massacred everything else hoping to find Pimon), I can hear a stalker but cant see it visibly or on minimap and my turret cant target it.

E vee dub
10-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Well, here's a video of a guy that actually met them.
I see they're 4 levels higher than he is.

Borderlands 2 - Pimon & Tumbaa Battle (Timon & Pumbaa Easter Egg) - YouTube

Flibbity Floid
10-04-2012, 04:17 PM
you havent notice the ninja turtles with splinter that are in the game there is a pizza box in moxxi's on the table use your phone to read the code on it to get some tmnt video i think

The entire game is a tongue in cheek poke at all pop-culture. The game itself is technically a Fallout spoof. In the first game, Maurice has the Vault Bobblehead in his van.

v SnOwMaN v
10-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Same boat always finding Tummba never Pimon.

Sucks

If I EVER come across them I will try and invite 2 people to get the challenge.

Jak_G_93
10-04-2012, 05:52 PM
I've only ever found them together, I took the easy option and just used a rocket launcher for the challenge, but I have never seen one spawn without the other.

Guess it was just pot luck, if I find them again I'll open my game up for whoever needs them to join.

Flibbity Floid
10-04-2012, 06:11 PM
There's a bunch of these "Random Spawners"

Michael Mamaril
Donkey Mong
Jimmy Jenkins

I couldn't find Mamaril for the life of me. Went in and out of Sanctuary about a total of 25 times. A buddy found him in his game and invited me.

v SnOwMaN v
10-04-2012, 06:34 PM
There's a bunch of these "Random Spawners"

Michael Mamaril
Donkey Mong
Jimmy Jenkins

I couldn't find Mamaril for the life of me. Went in and out of Sanctuary about a total of 25 times. A buddy found him in his game and invited me.

Michael is like in 7 different spots in Sanctuary and Donkey takes like 5 quit and saves to usually get him to spawn. Jimmy is EVIL.

Flibbity Floid
10-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Michael is like in 7 different spots in Sanctuary and Donkey takes like 5 quit and saves to usually get him to spawn. Jimmy is EVIL.

They all random spawn though according to every "guide" I've seen.

Mamaril, from what I heard, never stays in one spot too long and he will sometimes even "leave town". I can almost confirm this b/c I had 3 other people running around Sanctuary with me.

I've not even discovered the existance of Pimon and Tumbaa yet but Jimmy I found two of 'em on my first shot. Someone mentioned it but you'll find him easiest in the Wildlife Preserve during the story mission based there. I was looking for the Skag samples and there was 2 in the 4 crates in one of the rooms.

BestGamer
01-29-2013, 08:36 PM
I've seen pimon once and only once. I have never seen Tumbaa at all and with jimmy i killed him at least four times. This is the last challenge i have left to do and then i will have completed every challenge. And this is my last offline achievement. I don't have xbox live yet. Dont make enough

TriRock
01-29-2013, 09:28 PM

Michael is supposed to alternate between 10 locations in Sanctuary. After the patch, he has become a rare sight. I'm considering wiping my cache and trying my luck offline.

RBmaster9345
01-29-2013, 10:33 PM
The only time I've ever seen either is when they both spawned at once and attacked me and my friend. Soooooooo many other creatures and we were under leveled so it was a long fight.

dieredsparowes
02-01-2013, 10:01 AM
If you complete the main story mission in Wildlife Preserve and also complete the "animal rights" side quest, it is very common to glitch the spawn. It's a known issue and happens routinely. If you keep spawning Tumba and never see Pimon, you won't ever get them to spawn on your current playthrough.

The easiest remedy is actually to do an entirely new character. I had to do this just the other day. I had literally every challenge done in the game, including all dlc challenges, but I forgot to get Pimon and Tumba and had them glitch. If you really care about the challenge that much, your best bet is to split screen with another profile and playing through the story up until the Bloodwing section.

I just ran through the main story with my level 50 character while my new account sat there. The good thing is that Pimon and Tumba are guaranteed to spawn together when you first go through the area, so once I got to that point in the story I was done. It took me about 2 and a half hours I'd say, and you could work on a weapons challenge while doing it.

Luppers
02-03-2013, 02:36 PM
If you complete the main story mission in Wildlife Preserve and also complete the "animal rights" side quest, it is very common to glitch the spawn. It's a known issue and happens routinely. If you keep spawning Tumba and never see Pimon, you won't ever get them to spawn on your current playthrough.

The easiest remedy is actually to do an entirely new character. I had to do this just the other day. I had literally every challenge done in the game, including all dlc challenges, but I forgot to get Pimon and Tumba and had them glitch. If you really care about the challenge that much, your best bet is to split screen with another profile and playing through the story up until the Bloodwing section.

I just ran through the main story with my level 50 character while my new account sat there. The good thing is that Pimon and Tumba are guaranteed to spawn together when you first go through the area, so once I got to that point in the story I was done. It took me about 2 and a half hours I'd say, and you could work on a weapons challenge while doing it.Thanks a LOT for sharing this. Seems like a great idea for Jenkins too if for some reason you're like me and finished Dr's Orders

neb86
02-04-2013, 10:18 AM
This is the only location based challenge I have left. Anyone want to try and tackle it sometime?

IIDXholic
02-15-2013, 02:43 PM
I have a level 50 Commando and 32 Mancer. Lately I've been trying to level up my Mancer via matchmaking and currently at the Wildlife preserve, sometimes that area pisses me off so I leave the game and get my commando. I obviously tear everything apart and seem to always run into the pair Pimon and Tuumba. Also when I pick up the echo device in the host game for "Doctors Orders", I usually end up seeing Jenkins too.