PDA

View Full Version : Music Sounds Worse On 360

Blackjaw x
09-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Note: I have a small, standard television. It's not HD and I don't have surround sound.

I've noticed that when I play music on my 360, a lot of the background instrumentation and vocals are completely cut out.
It's sounds the same as if you only had either the left or right speaker plugged in to your computer.

My guesses are that one of the following is causing it:
1. I don't have/can't have the red part of the AV cable plugged in.
2. My tv is busted and only outputs one speaker's worth of sound.
3. The XBox itself is causing it.

Anyone else noticed this?

Pukgandi
09-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Eh I cant agree with 3. I don't have a NEW tv either but music sounds real nice.

Clipse 2
09-15-2007, 12:09 AM
It's sounds the same as if you only had either the left or right speaker plugged in to your computer.

This right here is where the issue lies. Most tvs dont have great audio output thats why people buy surroundsound systems. When you take that audio signal from the console to the tv its only coming out of two speakers... right and left. If you want it to sound better you'll have to get better audio equipment, namely a surroundsound or other external audio solutions.

antilucid
09-15-2007, 03:00 AM
My guesses are that one of the following is causing it:
1. I don't have/can't have the red part of the AV cable plugged in.
2. My tv is busted and only outputs one speaker's worth of sound.
3. The XBox itself is causing it.

Anyone else noticed this? Umm... hello? The red and right cables are for stereo. Each one represents a different side. So yeah, it's gonna sound like crap and in mono. Two, if your tv is busted, then why the need for guesswork. It sounds like your have your own answers in front of ya.

Skillet
09-15-2007, 04:14 AM
The 360 is fine...mine sounded a lot better than my old Xbox. It's the fact that you're only plugging in the White (left) speaker cable. You could always buy a splitter that would allow you to plug both cables into the same AV jack...this will give you slightly improved sound...not much but slightly.

The best bet would be to invest in a surround sound system or even go to a few garage sales and buy a stereo reciever/amplifier. That way, you could use the yellow AV jack for video and plug the red and white cables into the reciever to produce nice, stereo quality sound.

PerpetualHeaven
09-15-2007, 04:46 AM
It may be something wrong with your input area of your TV. My older TV has had PS2, Gamecube, and xbox 360 cables added and removed it from so many times it's just basically ruined. The audio sounds treacherous when I'm watching DVDs. I think it's just your TV or maybe sometimes I only put two cables into my TV.

JoeCool7835
09-16-2007, 12:18 AM
Mine plays the music just fine, and mine is an old SDTV. Maybe it has something to do with the settings you have locked in. I don't think it's a hardware malfunction.

Blackjaw x
10-02-2007, 11:56 PM
You could always buy a splitter that would allow you to plug both cables into the same AV jack...this will give you slightly improved sound...not much but slightly.

Yeah, that worked. Thanks.