PDA

View Full Version : Boss Guide

Khaos
09-15-2007, 09:26 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/302/+fvFlA==.jpgHong Kong Marketplace: Golden Suit guy

Normal: Just take out the henchmen as they come out, and then use precision shot on him with the golden guns

Hard-Boiled: First off, it helps a lot if you have a full Tequila bomb gauge. As soon as the fight starts, precision aim him until you are out of Tequila bomb, then run to the top floor and take cover behind a pole. He will follow you up the stairs. As soon as he is in range, peek out from behind the pole and shoot the crap out of him while in Tequila
Time. This should take him out quickly.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/302/-bnW-g==.jpgThe Mega Restaurant: Lok

Normal: Through running around, you can collect 3 paper cranes. This will be enough to get 2 rounds of barrage into him. After that, run around behind and shoot the legs on both of the tall statues. They will fall on him, and the fight is over.

Hard-Boiled:
Phase 1:
Hide behind the stairs and shoot the statues in the legs to make them
fall on him. After that, quickly make your way onto the stairs and stop and
crouch about half way up. From this vantage point, you can shoot him, but he
can't shoot you. Shoot him until...

Phase 2:
He will start to come after you. Get all the way upstairs, and grab an
assault rifle, if you don't already have one. Crouch and wait by the stairs,
and when he is near you, barrage him in the head with the assault rifle. Try
to make every shot hit him right between the eyes. Then...

Phase 3:
He will start using grenades. If you did phase 2 correctly, he will
still be right in front of you, so barrage him in the head one more time,
and he should go down.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/302/-5jfSw==.jpgZakarov's Penthouse: Vlad

Normal: When you see Vlad, take just a few shots at him, and he'll run away. Follow him, take out the guards with him, and repeat the process. You'll also notice that as Vlad moves from one location to the other, a row of lasers will go up behind you, blocking a retreat. After you've made a loop back to the stairs, you will notice that Vlad runs away from you, and you can see where he's perched in the background behind some windows. Resist the urge to shoot him. If you do, as was before mentioned, he will move, and the lasers will go up blocking your retreat. The only problem is you're not up by him, so it will in effect block your path, and you'll have to restart. After chasing him, he'll jump in a helicopter. Pull out the Golden Guns, precision shoot him 3 times in the head, then a few random ones on his person to finish him off, and you're done.

Hard-Boiled: Phase 1:
Just follow Vlad through the path of lasers that he makes for you
while killing any thugs you encounter along the way. When Vlad stops, just
shoot him in the head a few times, and he will move on. Make sure you get
pretty close to Vlad when he stops because if you shoot him from too far
away, he will move on and activate the next set of lasers, which could trap
you. This happened to me a couple of times. Just keep following him until…

Phase 2:
Vlad now has a rocket launcher and is hanging outside a helicopter
with machine guns. As soon as the fight starts, run up the stairs to your
left, and follow the path to the right to pick up the heavy machine gun.
Then, run all the way back down to where you started and take cover behind a
pole. These poles are nice because they are indestructible. When Vlad's
chopper is directly in front of you, peek out from behind the pole and heavy
machine gun him in the head in Tequila Time. Repeat this, switching poles
when necessary, until there are only 1 or 2 rounds left in the HMG. At this
point, Vlad should be at half health, or maybe a little more. Now, wait for
him to be in front of you again, step out from behind the pole and barrage
him with the HMG. If you aim very well, then he might go down, but more than
likely, he will still have a little health left. To finish him off, go grab
the golden pistols on the back wall, to the right of where you started, and
hide behind the pole and shoot him in the head a few more times while in
Tequila Time.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/302/+jo0sg==.jpgChicago History Museum: Damon Zakarov
Normal: To beat him all you have to do is run around while saving cranes for when you absolutely need them, and unloading barrages onto him with any gun really...the other enemies should be rather easy as well

As soon as the fight starts, start running around the perimeter of the
bottom floor, taking out thugs as you go. Once they are all dead, and Damon
is the only one left shooting at you from the top, grab a shotgun from one
of the dead thugs. Get under Damon, but make sure he is still visible.
Dodge his crazy cannon bullet, and pump a few shells into him. Repeat this
until he drops the walkway letting you go to the second floor.

Phase 2:
Damon will drop a catwalk for you to use to get to the second floor.
Don't take it! Instead, stay on the bottom floor and keep shooting him from
there. If you have grenades, use them, and make every one count. Use all of
the ammo that the thugs dropped on the bottom floor, but make sure to keep
a few rounds in an assault rifle. Take a look at Damon's health, and if he
only has about 1/4 left, precision aim him a couple of times, and he's dead.
If you do run out of ammo, or you think that you are going to before the
fight ends, you can make a quick trip to the second floor, kills some thugs,
take their guns, and slide back down the catwalk. If you stay up there too
long, or get too close to Damon, you will probably die.

Jerry
Normal: There are cranes scattered around. It took 2 sets of barrage, 1 precision head shot, and just a couple of extra bullets and he's down for the count. Chasing him was much harder than actually fighting him.

As soon as the fight starts, quickly lob all of your grenades at him.
He is right in front of you, so this is pretty easy. After he leaves, kill
all of the thugs as you would normally.

Phase 2:
When you get to him the second time, take cover and wait for him to
get close. When he is near you, use barrage with the heavy machine gun and
aim for his head at close range. This should just about kill him. For his
remaining health, just shoot and/or throw grenades at him, and he will go
down quickly.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/302/-uHeFw==.jpgWong's Estate: Chopper

Normal:

Hard-Boiled: You should have a heavy machine gun with full ammo at the start of this fight.
This is easy to accomplish, since a bunch of the guys you just killed outside
Wong’s Estate had them. Also, you should have a rocket launcher. There is
one of these in the building on the left when you go up the stairs towards the
house, and you also have one at the start of the level. This boss is actually
very easy if you know what to do. If you don’t have all of the necessary
equipment, run around and grab it while dodging the chopper’s machine gun
fire. Now, get close to the chopper, and barrage it with the rocket launcher.
If you get a direct hit with every rocket, the helicopter should be below half
health. Immediately following the barrage, turn on Tequila Time, and shoot it
with all of the rockets you have left. If it doesn’t go down, it will only
have a smidgen of health left that is easily taken care of with the heavy
machine gun.

Dupang & WongNormal:Pick up the golden guns down stairs, go upstairs and give the sniper (the boss) 2 precision shots. you will get a checkpoint and Dupang jumps down. just unload a barrage onto him and he will be dead. then just kill some henchmen to get tequila bomb so you can give the boss some more precision shots and just finish him of with golden guns

Hard-Boiled: Ok, I've found a couple of strategies for this one, so I'll list them all

#1: Much easier for me to just plow through with the assault rifle (DONT USE ANY CRANES) and hit (the spoiler boss) with it when he was open or you got Tequila power from killing people. Then when I got up to Dapang doing that I just blitzed all of them with barrages from the cranes.

#2: Phase 1:
As soon as the fight starts, run to one of the corners on the bottom
floor next to the stairs, and face away from the wall. Shoot the incoming
enemies in Tequila Time with the heavy machine gun. The HMG will kill most of
them with one shot, so just aim and tap the fire button. When they are all
dead, swap you HMG for a shotgun that the thugs dropped, but remember where you
left the HMG. Now, run over to where Wong is, grab the nearby golden guns, and
get underneath Wong. Slowly back up until you get the red crosshairs when
aiming at Wong. He can’t hit you, but you can hit him, so shotgun him until
you are out of ammo. Keep doing this until he runs to the left, then run back
to where you dropped your HMG and pick it back up to deal with the thugs again.
Rinse and repeat until…

Phase 2:
The bodyguard comes down to play. One barrage to the head with the
HMG will take care of this fat idiot.

Phase 3:
After the bodyguard bites it, run back to one of the corners like you
did in phase 1, and kill more thugs in Tequila Time, but this time use the
golden pistols and save your HMG ammo. When your Tequila Bomb gauge is up to
Barrage, then run up the stairs to the left of Wong, switch to the HMG, and
barrage him in the head. Rinse and repeat. He should go down after about two
of these.

Don Manolo
09-15-2007, 11:16 AM
i know for the first boss it's pretty much the same on hard boiled as any other difficulty because he's real easy. just take out his henchmen and then use precision shot with golden guns on him.

Khaos
09-15-2007, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the help buddy, I added it in

Don Manolo
09-15-2007, 06:24 PM
I also remember how to defeat the last boss on normal not sure if it works on hard boiled.. pick up the golden guns down stairs, go upstairs and give the sniper (wong) 2 precision shots. you will get a checkpoint and the big guy jumps down. just unload a barrage onto him and he will be dead. then just kill some henchmen to get tequila bomb so you can give wong some more precision shots and just finish him of with golden guns

http://card.mygamercard.net/don+manolito.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/don+manolito)

Khaos
09-15-2007, 06:30 PM
--Added--

Thanks man

Also, if you guys just know the bosses name it'd be great, that way if people are search (as they should be) they can find this easier

Th3 Apache Dog
09-16-2007, 04:28 AM
I think you should edit out the chicago museum boss, and the wong's estate boss so that you don't give any spoilers. Other than that nice job:)

Khaos
09-16-2007, 06:44 AM
K, all fixed :D

Don Manolo
09-16-2007, 12:07 PM
has the guide on lok on hard boiled been confirmed because it seems like i already tried that and failed... but anyway i'm turning my xbox360 on as we speak and going to try it.. thx anyway looks like a good boss guide!!!:Bounce:

Don Manolo
09-16-2007, 12:27 PM
YES FINALLY! I got him, and i have to say that the guide didn't actually work for me. i actually got him because i had him pinned upstairs (phase 2) behind a pillar where he couldn't move and i could still get a shot of. then when he went into his third phase i onloaded two barrages on him and he still didn't die so i went back downstairs grabbed an assault rifle use tequile time to dodge his grenades and shot him meanwhile and that's how I got him. and also people : don't forget to pick up the three cranes downstairs before going upstairs to take you fourth crane. It was the stairs on the left if you start and with a little luck you can get him stuck there too... just get him all the way up top, crouch and move left right a little on the pillar until you see he's stuck... worked like a charm for me!!! I hope it helps out any if you guys if you're also stuck on this even with the help from the boss guide and if you don't understand what i'm saying just message me GT : don manolito

xfrearsx
09-20-2007, 04:46 PM
That lok guy was a bitch to take down but this guide helped loads. If when your your shooting the statue from behind the stairs to injure him, make sure to shoot the front foot (the nearest to him), otherwise it will fall the wrong way and before goin into both sets of barrage (in his face) make sure the cross hair is on his head as you go into it and you'll hit every shot. Nearly halfway there............

Meakio
09-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Thanks This Helps Alot WOOOHOOO!

Asaemon
09-24-2007, 04:44 PM
I found an easier method to take out the final boss on Hard Boiled, once Dupang appears you can collect 4 cranes from the top level before you barrage Dupang with the golden pistols (aim for the chin/throat at close range and you should kill him in one), and then barrage W. once before going back to the ground floor. The thugs appear in waves of about 5-8?, and as long as one is still alive the next wave doesn't get spawned, so leave the last thug alive as long as you can. There should be plenty of grenades around and if you throw them against the two pillars on the left and right of where W. stands, you can get them to bounce down onto him. Just aim for the pillar on the opposite side to where you're standing.

All the rest were definitely helpful, thanks very much.

Vista
09-24-2007, 09:25 PM
To defeat Dupang on Casual-Hard chuck all the grenades right at him... A few Tequila time shots or a precision should do the trick for him...

xfrearsx
09-25-2007, 08:01 AM
I found a little way to get Vlad to kill himself (on hardboiled), basically after killing all the enemies on the first level (with Vlad 1 level above you), go back to the door you first entered the room from, face away from the door and go around the right hand side pathway and stand behind the first pillar. Vlad will now (still above you), be directly behind the pillar opposite and starting to throw grenades (do not shoot him!) After throwing 2 grenades your way the third will explode on the pillar damaging him. Just leave it until hes dead. The grenades he throws your way will not hit you.

Hexa6oN
10-07-2007, 12:29 AM
Don't even waste your Tequila Bombs on Dupang. All you need to do is:

As soon as the checkpoint occurs (DaPang jumps down to you), run straight ahead and shoot the bottom right of the dragon statue. Almost always the statue will fall, killing DaPang instantly. You have to be quick at this stage, especially on the higher difficulties. As soon as DaPang is dead, you will have a few seconds to pick up the two Paper Cranes which fell after you destroyed the statue.

I found the success rate of this trick to be higher when I walked straight up to the front right of the base of the statue; it keeps Dupang close to where the pieces of the statue fall down.

Those two cranes that fall from the statue really help on the last boss too.

jackanape
10-12-2007, 08:16 AM
You don't even need to fight the last boss on any difficulty but Casual. Just fight him on Casual as normal which should be a piece of cake and then watch the credits etc. Then on the main menu just go to 'Continue' and select Hard Boiled as your difficulty - it will show you the ending cut scene again BUT it will also count as if you beat the last boss on the hardest difficulty.

So when you play through the game on Hard Boiled as soon as the last boss battle starts your completion achievements will pop. Easy as that.

Petey247
10-23-2007, 02:56 AM
This guide was great. Much appreciated.

tmg100
10-28-2007, 07:35 PM
You don't even need to fight the last boss on any difficulty but Casual. Just fight him on Casual as normal which should be a piece of cake and then watch the credits etc. Then on the main menu just go to 'Continue' and select Hard Boiled as your difficulty - it will show you the ending cut scene again BUT it will also count as if you beat the last boss on the hardest difficulty.

So when you play through the game on Hard Boiled as soon as the last boss battle starts your completion achievements will pop. Easy as that.

OMFG I WISH I HAD READ THIS SO MUCH SSONER! I WOULD HAVE 100 LESS HEAD ACHES AND I COULD HAVE GOT MY ASS HANDED TO ME ONLINE SOONER! THANKS!

LAGRIFFE2007
11-23-2007, 12:37 AM
OMFG I WISH I HAD READ THIS SO MUCH SSONER! I WOULD HAVE 100 LESS HEAD ACHES AND I COULD HAVE GOT MY ASS HANDED TO ME ONLINE SOONER! THANKS!

well actually same thing to me!!thx for the tip i ll have it hard boiled and btw this guide rocksssss!

LAGRIFFE2007
11-23-2007, 06:56 PM
was about to destroy my pad when i red the hint to kill vlad freakin brother in chicago the staydown and unload everything u got on him was the key since theres none to bother us actually i restarted like more than 10 times was on fire got out to smoke and came back cold kickin his ass! sadly didnt remember it wasnt last boss of chapter anyways again this guide ROCKSSSSSS!!!X360A 4 LIFE

LAGRIFFE2007
11-24-2007, 12:08 AM

last missing last boss but achievement didnt pop out how to do this? step by step!thx

cooldude7011
12-12-2007, 09:32 PM
thnx guys i might try facing lok again on hardboiled hes one pain in the a$$ if you know what i mean

Sandman1000
12-26-2007, 07:48 PM
The last two boss are very easy to beat actually.

Jackel2556
01-01-2008, 03:42 AM
Is normal the same for hard?

BIGFLY7
01-19-2008, 03:32 AM
Just a quick add on for beating Loc. Once you have him throwing genades, if you can get him coming down the steps and you are able to get under those steps before he's down, he will turn towards you with the steps between you and keep throwing grenades until he kills himself. :)

Jack_x2yz
04-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Quick one for Dupang & 'Other guy'

Do as you said untill stage 3 then hang around the golden gun case, when there are no enimies for a second back up and in that slow motion time throw all of your granades at the 'other guy', do this one or two times it's very easy. Just remembur to hang around the wall near the golden guns right under the 'other guy' as this is the safest place, you can not get surounded and 'Other guy' can not hit you. Pick up more granades from dead guards

eXtremeWiso
07-19-2008, 04:37 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you.I thought id be stuck at these two for ages, but thanks to you I just finished the game on hard boiled. :woop:

domn8rdom
12-27-2008, 09:55 AM

Is this still possible? i tried it but didnt work. Was this before the patch? I will try that

xDr3adNaughtx
01-29-2009, 03:53 AM
Lok is actually one of the easiest bosses. Seriously!
on casual do the scene where you defend the band. just before the final wave of bad guys, shoot down the GOLDEN PISTOLS from the circular fixture above the band. Pick up the pistols kill the guys who come out the elevator.

DO NOT ENTER THE ELEVATOR!
(MAKE SURE IT AUTOSAVES)

quit to the main menu, press continue and select hardboiled. You will be at the part with Lok.

now then. Stand behind the stairs on the left side. shoot at his head (he cant hit you). SAVE AT LEAST A COUPLE SHOTS IN THE GOLDEN GUNS until he starts to run around (phase 2) then pick up the rest of the cranes. barrage his sorry ass with the golden guns. when phase 3 (grenades) triggers just barrage him again. He's dead enjoy.

Full Metal COS
03-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know, there is a much easier way of beating Damon Zakarov on Hardboiled, first up kill the five or so thugs that attack you, then grab an assault rifle and stand in the "pit" type area (with the soldier statues) if you get close enough to him he can't hit you and you can unload your rifle into him, listen out for him shouting for more reinforcements so you can take them out with tequila time and grab more ammo!
Then when he drops the beam (second phase) he will run to the rear of the platform so you can't see him anymore, for this bit just watch for his shadow on the ceiling and stand in the "pit" as close to him as you can, at this point he will start throwing grenades,most of which will hit and damage him! Then all you need to dois stay near his shadow and let him kill himself!
Hope this helps.
Peace.

Barad
05-29-2009, 11:30 AM
great guide, cheers! :)

A 2rue boofer
07-01-2009, 03:47 AM
Wongs Estate was such a bitch :)

Pwnedbyspas
08-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know, there is a much easier way of beating Damon Zakarov on Hardboiled, first up kill the five or so thugs that attack you, then grab an assault rifle and stand in the "pit" type area (with the soldier statues) if you get close enough to him he can't hit you and you can unload your rifle into him, listen out for him shouting for more reinforcements so you can take them out with tequila time and grab more ammo!
Then when he drops the beam (second phase) he will run to the rear of the platform so you can't see him anymore, for this bit just watch for his shadow on the ceiling and stand in the "pit" as close to him as you can, at this point he will start throwing grenades,most of which will hit and damage him! Then all you need to dois stay near his shadow and let him kill himself!
Hope this helps.
Peace.

Nice dude thank you So much , it actually works , this helped me watch damon commit suicide with his own grenades- he did all the work for me lol.

Blademrk
08-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Is this still possible? i tried it but didnt work. Was this before the patch? I will try that

Didn't work for me, although Old school did unlock.

martdude16
08-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Dupang & WongNormal:Pick up the golden guns down stairs, go upstairs and give the sniper (the boss) 2 precision shots. you will get a checkpoint and Dupang jumps down. just unload a barrage onto him and he will be dead. then just kill some henchmen to get tequila bomb so you can give the boss some more precision shots and just finish him of with golden guns

Hard-Boiled: Ok, I've found a couple of strategies for this one, so I'll list them all

#1: Much easier for me to just plow through with the assault rifle (DONT USE ANY CRANES) and hit (the spoiler boss) with it when he was open or you got Tequila power from killing people. Then when I got up to Dapang doing that I just blitzed all of them with barrages from the cranes.

#2: Phase 1:
As soon as the fight starts, run to one of the corners on the bottom
floor next to the stairs, and face away from the wall. Shoot the incoming
enemies in Tequila Time with the heavy machine gun. The HMG will kill most of
them with one shot, so just aim and tap the fire button. When they are all
dead, swap you HMG for a shotgun that the thugs dropped, but remember where you
left the HMG. Now, run over to where Wong is, grab the nearby golden guns, and
get underneath Wong. Slowly back up until you get the red crosshairs when
aiming at Wong. He can’t hit you, but you can hit him, so shotgun him until
you are out of ammo. Keep doing this until he runs to the left, then run back
to where you dropped your HMG and pick it back up to deal with the thugs again.
Rinse and repeat until…

Phase 2:
The bodyguard comes down to play. One barrage to the head with the
HMG will take care of this fat idiot.

Phase 3:
After the bodyguard bites it, run back to one of the corners like you
did in phase 1, and kill more thugs in Tequila Time, but this time use the
golden pistols and save your HMG ammo. When your Tequila Bomb gauge is up to
Barrage, then run up the stairs to the left of Wong, switch to the HMG, and
barrage him in the head. Rinse and repeat. He should go down after about two
of these.

Thanks for the help with this but I am getting so frustrated! Why the fuck is there no checkpoint after Phase 2 but there is after Phase 1?

I don't have a HMG with me, so the only way I can take down the fat guy is with barrage golden pistols which sometimes take 2 attempts, and I don't have any tequila time or golden pistols from the checkpoint. Then after finally killing him I have to finish Wong (Phase 3) without a fucking checkpoint!?! So when i die I have to do Phase 2 again just to get to Phase 3! FFS this is shit.

Is the start of phase 2 the start of a chapter in the mission? If so I could get the guns I need on casual, save. Then switch back to Hard-Boiled for the fight with the guns, it would make thing alot easier.

Any help/advice is appreciated!

Also does that "continue game" trick after the credits still work? As I am tempted to do that, if I try however it will mess up my hard-earned checkpoint.

deathreaper99
10-01-2009, 06:18 AM
hey mart well here is the thing get to first checkpoint( dupang jumps down) die and quit continue the level and instead of choosing hard boiled choose normal, play like normal and finish the game. I know after the credits you dont get anything, however go back to continue game and select hard boiled and there ya go. Unless you didn't play all the games on hard boiled you won't get it.

Facial La Fleur
02-13-2010, 04:11 AM
I haven't played this game since a few months after it came out and decided to finish up the last few achievements. After probably close to 70 attempts at trying all the various techniques people recommended with no luck, I finally just decided to drop the statues on him straight away and though they didn't do too much damage he was trapped there for the remainder of the fight. I just stayed behind the stairs until Phase 3 and then I collected all the cranes and killed him with 2 sets of the barrage attack. I had some trouble on missions prior but nothing like this and hopefully nothing too bad after either.

Bjernagris
05-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Just wanted to say thank you for an awesome guide! Saved me a lot of headaches... :)

B8TINGU
08-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Hope this helps.
Peace.

Thanks! THis really worked.. took me a few times to get the position right ... I was on the stairsand hewas in a corner, at first it looked as though he wasn't taking any damge from his grenades, but I jsut waited and about 30 seconds he starts throwing a bit faster thus making his grenades blow up sooner and damaging him.. so I jsut sat there and about three minutes later.. DEAD!

Sonic230584
09-01-2010, 07:23 PM
the guide for the boss lok is a load of shit i have tried and tried using them statues myself and it never hits him properly so guide sucks ass

xboxmorgan91
09-21-2010, 12:17 AM
I used the Lok guide and it works great. If it isn't making sense YouTube it. Once you see it done it is a lot easier to understand what the guide is talking about.

luuwat
04-08-2011, 05:33 PM
I found a little way to get Vlad to kill himself (on hardboiled), basically after killing all the enemies on the first level (with Vlad 1 level above you), go back to the door you first entered the room from, face away from the door and go around the right hand side pathway and stand behind the first pillar. Vlad will now (still above you), be directly behind the pillar opposite and starting to throw grenades (do not shoot him!) After throwing 2 grenades your way the third will explode on the pillar damaging him. Just leave it until hes dead. The grenades he throws your way will not hit you.

can you explain this? because i dont see a pillar , and i have no idea what you are talking about

luuwat
04-09-2011, 12:00 AM

So when you play through the game on Hard Boiled as soon as the last boss battle starts your completion achievements will pop. Easy as that.thanks man, this helped alot. :drunk:drunk:drunk:drunk

pined5551
02-07-2013, 03:49 PM
I just got damn lucky on my hard boiled playthough!! Lok managed to kill HIMSELF with his grenades!