PDA

View Full Version : Help with lok

Don Manolo
09-15-2007, 11:01 AM
he's driving me crazy! i had no problem with him on normal but now he's driving me crazy on hard boiled! i wanted to check the boss guide but now it's gone.. can someone please tell me how he did it?? i'm sorry if i did something wrong this is my first post:Bounce:

http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/don+manolito.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/don+manolito)

Khaos
09-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Our boss guide was deleted due to last night's drama,

I've only whacked him on normal, but he dropped pretty quick. Also, I don't know what you're doing, so maybe my advice will help you, just check out the new boss guide, and if you have any input it'd be great!!!

Don Manolo
09-15-2007, 06:53 PM
euhm what i do is first i go to the right of the room pick up the assault rifle and press LB so tequila stand against the pillar behind the staircase ( he can't hit you there) until he goes into his second mode then he starts moving. And there's where i'm stuck, i tried using barrage but it doesn't kill him and if I use it twice i don't know what to do when he goes into his third phase. I'm pretty desperate. Mostly he kills me right away in his second phase when i'm trying to run for health... because you only have 2 medkits downstairs and the other ones including 1 extra crane are upstairs...

Khaos
09-15-2007, 07:09 PM
What I did is just run around the perimeter and grab the 2 cranes there. Thats enough for a barrage. Run in, and barrage him with the assault rifle (or golden guns if you have them). While in there you can grab the 3rd crane, and he'll enter the 2nd phase. Now with the extra crane you should have enough to do another barrage. He'll then enter the 3rd phase. Now run around behind him and shoot out the legs of the giant stone statues. They'll fall on him, crushing him, and ending the fight.

Hope it helps there buddy

Don Manolo
09-15-2007, 07:20 PM
the problem is on hard boiled a barrage isn't enough, you still have to shoot him... if the barrage would do the trick it wouldn't be that hard.. maybe if i try barraging him twice in the second phase and then shooting the statues... I'll give that a try and let you know if it worked. Thx anyway.

Edit : I've beaten him, I explained how it worked for me in a reply in the Boss Guide thread

Khaos
09-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Yeah, totally let me know what works the best in the Sticky so I can add in a Hard-Boiled strategy for the Boss Guide

xfrearsx
09-26-2007, 05:16 AM
if you take the statue out first you should take his energy down past half way. And as for the crane thats behind him. stay behind the pillow until he re-loads and then go for it, double back on yourself behind the concrete wall behind him to collect the second crane. now stand behind the stairs and do the statue trick and you will (if you can make your barrage headshots), take him down very easily. The hardest part is getting the cranes close to him first.

theGUNNman
09-27-2007, 11:54 PM
TWO WORDS: GOLDEN PISTOLS

You should be able to kick his ass using the following method. This is not my idea this is what I read someone else did. I tried it and got it first try. Just for the record I was stuck on LOK for a couple hours until I read the new way to do it.

First you want to back out to the main menu. Go to chapter select and pick the scene right before LOK. It is the one where you must protect the band in the lounge. Enter that scene and paly it on casual. Blow away everyone easily and just before you get ready to get on the elevator go to where the band is and shoot at the circular fixture surrounding the band near the ceiling. On each side there is a Golden Pistol. Get both of those and any other weapon of choice and enter the elevator. Wait for the LOK level to load and go through its cutscenes. After that is done quit out and go back to the main menu. Then go to continue. It will ask you difficulty, just pick hard boiled. Then you will load into the level with LOK on hard boiled and you will have Golden Pistols.

Just use the same methods as stated before in the guides. Don't use the golden pistols until you have him over half way gone. I would use them with your barrages.