PDA

View Full Version : A Look at "Abandon" map and Flood mode

LickableLemons7
10-02-2012, 07:15 PM
HEY YOU GUUUUUUYS!
Check out these 2 videos, free of campaign-erific spoilers.

Here's the Abandon multiplayer map:
Halo 4 "Abandon" Multiplayer Map Walkthrough With 343i - YouTube

Halo4Follower's analysis:
Halo 4 News - Abandon Map, Analysis, & Details! (Reuploaded) - YouTube

And some Flood mode on Solace:
Halo 4 Flood Multiplayer Mode Walkthrough - YouTube

Mad props to IGN for uploading these.

Thoughts on Flood mode? It's the same as Infection, but with a Flood Infection form skin on an infected player. Better.

Thoughts on Abandon? It looks like crap. The wost map I've seen so far in the game.

Speaking of maps, so far we have:
Abandon (See above)
Adrift (The one with the mech in the middle)
Complex (Only seen pictures of this one, looks similar to Highlands)
Exile (Big valley-like map)
Haven (Like Narrows from Halo 3)
Longbow (Snowy)
Ragnarok (Valhalla remake)
Solace (See above)

That leaves us 2 more on disc maps yet to be revealed, and the 9 DLC maps with the War Games season pass.

BiggD
10-02-2012, 07:54 PM
I thought the new map looks pretty decent to be honest, and the new game mode to be sweet now the the infected actually look...infected lol. let's see what others have to say.

Also, the 'claw' on the infected players looks pretty awesome, as well as the blurred vision for those who are infected.

Scheebs221
10-02-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm excited for the new flood mode..There are some great additions I'm starting to see for this game

RBmaster9345
10-02-2012, 09:50 PM
I like the idea of Flood mode, but Ive said so in other threads, I REALLY hope its a toggle option and that you dont have to look that derpy for all those gametypes. And I think the Flood-arm sword is cool too but can you change that? Some of the best custom Infection games I remember playing were with gun-zombies on wacky settings on a wacky map. I will not be happy if you cant toggle the flood arm and flood textures off.

Frozenghost001
10-02-2012, 10:29 PM
didnt the say there would be 3 forge world-like maps on disk? im pretty sure they said something like that at RTX when the first demo'd forge in H4. cause if this is true, one of the 8 already revealed maps is part of one of the new "forge world" maps :O

ReverendSID
10-02-2012, 10:53 PM
I hate the 3rd person switch for the thruster pack. Other than that it's looking pretty cool.

RBmaster9345
10-03-2012, 12:20 AM
I hate the 3rd person switch for the thruster pack. Other than that it's looking pretty cool.

That shit's like Evade on Steroids though. I expect to have to major fun with that.

DEG23
10-03-2012, 12:32 AM
What happened to your Halo 4 blackout Lemons:p

Flood mode looks great, different enough, but still similar. I like how in these show off videos, those playing always try to rush the guy with the shotgun, Halo noob 101

ReverendSID
10-03-2012, 03:00 AM
That shit's like Evade on Steroids though. I expect to have to major fun with that.
I would agree if it left me in first person. I don't need to see how cool the thrusters look in the middle of my game. I can check it out in theater later if I give a damn.

gig
10-03-2012, 03:13 AM
I hope we get to be our custom color we made for flood not that highlight yellow

theNomad
10-03-2012, 07:10 AM

hehe I was thinking the same the other day when he posted 15 minutes of level 3 campaign footage (something I didn't watch). I don't mind seeing the multiplayer maps. Lemons is dead right about Abandon, looks substandard sort of like powerhouse set in shreks swamp. Exile is looking like my map of choice so far, very traditional looking BTB/CTF halo map.

1st I'd seen of that Flood detecting promethean vision, I'm getting old and my reaction times arnt the best for infection mode so that should help me.

theNomad
10-03-2012, 07:24 AM
didnt the say there would be 3 forge world-like maps on disk? im pretty sure they said something like that at RTX when the first demo'd forge in H4. cause if this is true, one of the 8 already revealed maps is part of one of the new "forge world" maps :O

Yeah they mentioned that forgeworld is split into 3 segments this time, one they've shown so far Ravine looks amazing, a forerunner instalation in a valley thats full of waterfalls and cliffs. Exile looks pretty similair, possible its based on it.

lifeexpectancy
10-03-2012, 02:30 PM
I lol'd when he mentioned it's an asymmetric map around 1:20 or so. Anyone who watched that video that couldn't tell it was asymmetric needs a refresher course in symmetry. That said, the map looks very promising and I have high hopes for it as a 4v4 map.

MixMaker1
10-03-2012, 05:05 PM
I lol'd when he mentioned it's an asymmetric map around 1:20 or so. Anyone who watched that video that couldn't tell it was asymmetric needs a refresher course in symmetry. That said, the map looks very promising and I have high hopes for it as a 4v4 map.
It's different than what I would expect. There are a lot of narrow pathways and interesting design choices. That being said, could be a fun SLAYER map. The visuals are definitely something that is welcome. That map has more color than all of Reach's maps combined!

Frozenghost001
10-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Yeah they mentioned that forgeworld is split into 3 segments this time, one they've shown so far Ravine looks amazing, a forerunner instalation in a valley thats full of waterfalls and cliffs. Exile looks pretty similair, possible its based on it.
well actually i read that there's gonna be 10 multiplayer maps and then 3 additional forge environments similar to forge world, so that makes 13 on-disk maps technically.

so 2 multiplayer maps aren't shown yet and 2 forge environments.

LickableLemons7
10-03-2012, 09:31 PM

I guess I just decided I would stay away from more campaign stuff. Multiplayer maps won't phase me.
But if I see something that hasn't been posted here, I'll just upload it for the good of the Halo 4 forums. Like with the Forerunner mission from the campaign. I managed to not press play, so I'm happy.

The main reason I'm upset with this map is that it gives off such a Backwash vibe, like the commentator said, but Abandon isn't the Backwash remake everyone knew I was hoping for. One could imagine my disappointment when I discovered the remake was of Valhalla(which I have a love/hate relationship with). And then they showed Abandon. Hmph. So close!

As for the 3 forge environments or whatever, did 343i say that the forge stuff is separate from the 10 multiplayer maps? And that they would upload some of the best community-forged maps into the matchmaking playlists after a month or so?

CMCX360
10-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Anyone else get a little bit of a Guardian vibe from this map?

lifeexpectancy
10-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Anyone else get a little bit of a Guardian vibe from this map?

Kinda, but the main tiered playspace that should see the most action is in the center of the map rather than being at one end/edge of it, which should lead to a faster pace and make it more difficult for a team to hold it indefinately.

LickableLemons7
10-06-2012, 05:08 PM
I was just wondering, wouldn't it be a nifty idea to have a Spartan morph into an infection form right on the spot(after being infected)? Show the little animation, and boom. Non-infected spartans could kill the player in animation, and have him respawn elsewhere.

RBmaster9345
10-06-2012, 05:56 PM
I was just wondering, wouldn't it be a nifty idea to have a Spartan morph into an infection form right on the spot(after being infected)? Show the little animation, and boom. Non-infected spartans could kill the player in animation, and have him respawn elsewhere.

Cept anyone on their toes would see it and have a free kill. Cool idea, like the mode as a whole but would need a toggle feature (which im still praying the model has)

LickableLemons7
10-07-2012, 05:29 PM
I've uploaded a second Abandon video to the original post, this is Halo4Follower's analysis of the map. Something else to watch.

RBmaster9345
10-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Does anyone even know yet about the customization options for Flood Mode? I just saw a vid by 343 where they mention changing the armor load outs but not weapons or even that ugly ass character model. I swear to god if we cant customize Infection like we have in the past.......

Frozenghost001
10-14-2012, 08:27 PM
oh guys btw if you watch the new infinity multiplayer vidoc, it confirms only 9 multiplayer maps on disk and not 10 like they originally stated. that kinda sucks, cause i was getting my hopes up for another map but i guess not...