PDA

View Full Version : Weird.

Bullet2theface
09-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Couple of days ago I was an achievement whore, trying to get achievements, so then I signed up for Gameznflix and used the coupon code emmys and got $13 a month for 3 games out, I get the games and I don't even feel like playing, the point I'm trying to get at here is do any of you guys have days where
achievements don't even matter to you much? :confused:

Sanction
09-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah, I just don't play my 360 for days at a time, mainly because I'm lazy.

Bullet2theface
09-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Ya. I'm thinking of canceling my Gameznflix subscription because who knows how long I'm gana play that for. :confused:

Clipse 2
09-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Yes, any day I'm laying a game that isn't going towards the GSL. Three (?) weeks remaining of it and 4500 points later I'll be relaxing, taking my time with games and just going with the flow. I can't wait, its rough being an achievement whore even for friendly competition.

Lek Wee Eh
09-15-2007, 06:41 PM

My laziness is the sole reason I have a 360. I dont play for achievements that often, I find when I try really hard for achievements I end up getting sick of the game and needing a break, so I will switch up games for a bit.

veritas347
09-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Sometimes I'll just be like...how about I just play Halo 2 and want the arrival of Halo 3 to come sooner and be like screw achievements I want to just have fun

Bullet2theface
09-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Sometimes I'll just be like...how about I just play Halo 2 and want the arrival of Halo 3 to come sooner and be like screw achievements I want to just have fun
Ya, I'm a big Halo fan, so I play Halo 2 and watch trailers/teasers until Halo 3 comes out. :)

Honkymagoo
09-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Well if they're games that you rent solely for easy achievements and you know they're going to be bad you probably don't want to play them. Trust me I've played my share of games for achievements and not all of them were easy. If it's a game that I really like I go for achievements sure but I get more out of just playing the game because I love the game.

Bullet2theface
09-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Well if they're games that you rent solely for easy achievements and you know they're going to be bad you probably don't want to play them. Trust me I've played my share of games for achievements and not all of them were easy. If it's a game that I really like I go for achievements sure but I get more out of just playing the game because I love the game.
The problem with me is that I don't like a lot of games, for example, I hated the Call of Duty games, and I also disliked most shooters, so its very hard for me to find a game I would actually play for fun and not achievements, the only games I played for fun and not for achievements would probably be Gears of War and Halo 2 :(

Honkymagoo
09-15-2007, 07:24 PM
The problem with me is that I don't like a lot of games, for example, I hated the Call of Duty games, and I also disliked most shooters, so its very hard for me to find a game I would actually play for fun and not achievements, the only games I played for fun and not for achievements would probably be Gears of War and Halo 2 :(

Sounds like you need to try some other games. Do you like RPG, Adventure, Racing? There's tons of good games, maybe you just haven't found the ones you like in an attempt to whore as many points as possible.

Lek Wee Eh
09-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Yes, sometimes I do play games for the reason they were developed and not for a minimal increase in a meaningless number that has zero significance in the real world.

Youre at the wrong place then.

Cyrex
09-15-2007, 08:14 PM
bullet take a look at kaens 100,000 list and thank you thread and you will see that people who are achievement whores have off days. I have days where i really don't want to play a certain game that i have from gameznflix's but i just force myself to put the game in and once i get the game in a start it up then i will get back into my grove. Try it out and you will realize that you are fine and just having an off day

Oldeez
09-15-2007, 09:19 PM
ya this is y i dont do things like gamefly

Bullet2theface
09-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Sounds like you need to try some other games. Do you like RPG, Adventure, Racing? There's tons of good games, maybe you just haven't found the ones you like in an attempt to whore as many points as possible.
Some RPG are fun, others are not, I do enjoy some of them but thats like 1 out of 5, and they have no replay value, I also hate racing games and some sports, such as basketball and baseball(only basketball I enjoyed is NBA street homecourt because of the impossible dunks and stuff)

Turbo VDuB 44
09-16-2007, 12:01 AM
I agree with Clipse...being in the GSL really takes up your time as a gamer and you can't really play for fun...you are playing shitty games you don't like to whore points....

I have been part of Gamefly for 5 months now and love it but i'm slowly starting to fade and as much as i love achievements....i'm starting to get bored haha

everyone goes through that phase....set the games down for a week, then pick them up and your interest should be renewed...

Jdm
09-16-2007, 01:31 AM
I honestly think that being an Achievement/Gamerscore whore or being in the GSL, you will HAVE to play the crappier games whether you like it or not.

Take me for example. My "Prime" year was last year in 2006. I was seriously in the hunt. Now I've slowed down a lot. Just 2 Thursdays ago, I broke the 40K mark with TMNT(Retail Game). I'm a fan of TMNT and just because I knew it was an easy 1K game, I played it just for the achievements and not for the enjoyment of the game. Well, the game kind of sucked anyways.:p

I'm also a member of GameFly. I've been with them for almost a year and I've played so many crappy games that it blows my mind!:eek: But hey, it's for the Points right?

Well my point is that, at times Unlocking Achievements matter, depending on your situation. Other times, I just like to Enjoy a game without thinking about achievements. But it's HARD not too!:p

Bullet2theface
09-16-2007, 02:46 AM
I honestly think that being an Achievement/Gamerscore whore or being in the GSL, you will HAVE to play the crappier games whether you like it or not.

Take me for example. My "Prime" year was last year in 2006. I was seriously in the hunt. Now I've slowed down a lot. Just 2 Thursdays ago, I broke the 40K mark with TMNT(Retail Game). I'm a fan of TMNT and just because I knew it was an easy 1K game, I played it just for the achievements and not for the enjoyment of the game. Well, the game kind of sucked anyways.:p

I'm also a member of GameFly. I've been with them for almost a year and I've played so many crappy games that it blows my mind!:eek: But hey, it's for the Points right?

Well my point is that, at times Unlocking Achievements matter, depending on your situation. Other times, I just like to Enjoy a game without thinking about achievements. But it's HARD not too!:p
Yea, I'm probably going to be getting halo 3 achievements that I hate, for example like Campaign, everybody knows theres no replay value there. :eek:

Krueger
09-16-2007, 03:09 AM
some days during the gsl i didnt want to play any more crappy games

Brighton X
09-16-2007, 03:41 AM
Yesterday was really boring going for my last BioShock achievement, beat the game on Hard. I just got it like an hour ago & now it feels great to finally have 1000 in it.

Bullet2theface
09-16-2007, 04:02 AM
Yesterday was really boring going for my last BioShock achievement, beat the game on Hard. I just got it like an hour ago & now it feels great to finally have 1000 in it.
I have yet to play bioshock, I did not like the demo also...

willcrazyiii
09-16-2007, 05:03 AM
I always try to go for achievements in the games that I play, but I will not play a game for the achievements. I see all these people with perfect scores in Ratatouille, Cars, Fight Night, and Open Season, but I have no interest in playing that kind of game. I love to go for achievements, but the game is what matters to me.

PhantomNemesis
09-16-2007, 09:19 AM
I go for Achievements when I'm playing a game, but I mainly play the game just to have fun and compete. The only game I could say that was partly for Gamerscore was TMNT, granted it's not a very good game, but it was fun and so the gamerscore wasn't what I was in it for.

Bullet2theface
09-16-2007, 01:43 PM
I always try to go for achievements in the games that I play, but I will not play a game for the achievements. I see all these people with perfect scores in Ratatouille, Cars, Fight Night, and Open Season, but I have no interest in playing that kind of game. I love to go for achievements, but the game is what matters to me.
True, I haven't plaed a game after a movie yet other then TMNT but that was a fun game, Also I rented Fantastic Four, game sucks ass, didn't even finish it only got 80G in it.

Rewmac
09-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Since I got my 360 I don't really like playing other consoles because the others I have don't have achievment system achievements give something other platforms don't I don't really like to play without achievements but I'm not an achievement whore :D

Cold Rival
09-16-2007, 02:46 PM
I know what you're saying, Rewmac. I was playing my DS the other day, and it didn't feel right because I wasn't getting anything back from it. (Well, nothing I can show off to others.)

Bullet2theface
09-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Since I got my 360 I don't really like playing other consoles because the others I have don't have achievment system achievements give something other platforms don't I don't really like to play without achievements but I'm not an achievement whore :D
Only game I play for no achievements would be Halo 2 :)