PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mom, Look At Me!

j9292
10-07-2012, 06:00 AM
Kill me now, Please.

Let's just make this the hardest achievement ever. Really though it's really hard I have 490/500 and I think I will forever. I'm not bad I have 400 medals and counting but this... This is impossible. Please anyone that has a video of them doing this I would love to watch to prove it can be done. So if anyone has done this please post a video and or any tips that can help me beat this before I dive down my stairs.

Edit: I got the achievement today after trying for awhile and finally got it here is a video for for any tips that I might have not been able to up into words.

Sorry for the bad quality this is the only way I can record footage.

Hey Mom, Look At Me! Trials Evo Achievement - YouTube

Bum Commando
10-07-2012, 08:40 AM
So getting gold on every track isnt as hard as doing a wheelie through the nuthouse? o.O

Damoss
10-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Are you using the Gecko?

Don Jose
10-07-2012, 02:39 PM
I can gold all the tracks, hell I even have a good chunk of platinums.

This wheelie shit, though? I agree with the OP, it's the hardest achievement for me.

j9292
10-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Are you using the Gecko?

Yes i've tried over 100 times with different bikes too.

Nevander
10-07-2012, 06:01 PM
I have... pretty much given up on this achievement. For now at least.

It's impossible for me. I've tried three bikes (Phoenix, Gecko, even Scorpion) and they all have failed me. Phoenix and Gecko look to be the best choice though.

Farthest I've got is at the last plywood piece right in front of the finish and somehow my front wheel skimmed it and the clown faces or w/e thought he would laugh his ass off at my misfortune.

"You're gonna die clown!"

Made me think of this haha...

Happy Gilmore Clown Smash - YouTube

thoseAREmySHOES
10-07-2012, 06:15 PM
After over 6000 total faults, I managed it with the Gecko. I wish I could give any sort of tip or hint, but it's really just persistence. I don't think I ever held down right trigger, I was feathering it the whole run.

Barklund
10-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Took me well over 1000 tries to get this pain in the ass achievement.

I first tried with the Scorpion, but I found it quite stiff. After 500 tries or so I changed to the Phoenix. After another 500 tries I got the achievement.

The only tip I can give is to feather the the throttle rather then going att full speed. Gives you more control over the rider.

Good luck!

MartyMcFal
10-07-2012, 06:44 PM
For me the wheelie one wasn't too bad, took me several attempts but i spent no more than half an hour on it. Just need to gold the extreme tracks which are a pain in the backside, i would say i am fairly good at trials so these should hopefully come soon enough.

RickyMcG
10-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Two complete runs of 500, and about 300 extra totalling about 1.3k faults before I finally managed it, and it was far from flawless. At first I felt I wouldn't manage it, and I even messaged a friend saying it was worse than Marathon. Now I have it, I'm certainly not on a level currently to complete those final 3 extreme tracks to Gold standard.

Goodbye Trials Evolution completion. :(

tugboatman
10-08-2012, 07:05 AM
I did it after about 25/30 tries or so I found it best to use the Gecko and go hell for leather up the first ramp then from the top of the ramp take it easy making sure to use your break if you think your going to fall. Don't forget to do the "back wheel bunny hop aswell" this helped me in getting down the "steps" towards the end....

Hope something in here helps you guys

ZedChuva
10-08-2012, 08:39 AM
I know I can't do it, so I won't even try. The extreme tracks too... not even going to attempt them. Tried the first one (for the cheeve) and got to the barrel jump and just exited to dashboard... fuck that shit. You can do it, that's great, but I can't. I could do it with a real bike easier.

Trendin
10-08-2012, 01:38 PM
That was very amusing. The funniest thing probably was you editing it and telling everyone you got it.

Nutmeg
10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
I don't get why this achievement causes so much trouble. I got it in 750 tries.

On the other hand, "All is Gold" is just impossible. It took me 1300 tries just to get bronze on the first of extreme tracks. I thought "Demon on Wheels II" was very difficult but getting gold on 3 extreme tracks is impossible with my skills. I can't even get silver, let alone gold. So I give up, bye-bye 100% in Trials: Evolution.

j9292
10-08-2012, 03:45 PM
That was very amusing. The funniest thing probably was you editing it and telling everyone you got it.

I don't mean to start to throw tissy fit but feel free to add me and compare game and/or check me on the leaderboards. After you have done that tell me so I can remove you.

Trendin
10-08-2012, 04:45 PM
I don't mean to start to throw tissy fit but feel free to add me and compare game and/or check me on the leaderboards. After you have done that tell me so I can remove you.

I wasn't stating that I didn't believe you got the achievement. I was stating that I found it funny that you said it was extremely hard and then later that day you got the achievement. Sorry you misunderstood my post.

Evo Kazz
10-08-2012, 05:00 PM
This achievement makes me want to sit in a corner and cry myself to sleep. Anyone care to join me?

j9292
10-08-2012, 07:04 PM
I wasn't stating that I didn't believe you got the achievement. I was stating that I found it funny that you said it was extremely hard and then later that day you got the achievement. Sorry you misunderstood my post.

Oh it's fine sorry for being such a debbie downer about it man. I guess i got it with a bit a of luck.

Drewbles
10-09-2012, 01:35 PM
I've not got to that yet, been busy playing other games.

Im doing the hard tracks, i now need 135 medals, so far 101, I got no chance of unlocking the rest of the game as im the type of person who struggles like hell to get gold even on easy tracks.

I preferred the system they used with the 1st game, pass enough tracks and it unlocks more and i managed to finish some of the extreme. Though i didnt like the one where i had to do a tourament to unlock a bike cuz 4 the life of me i cant stop faulting.

thisispreston
10-09-2012, 02:32 PM
This achievement makes me want to sit in a corner and cry myself to sleep. Anyone care to join me?
yep. that's pretty much what it's come too. there's no hope left, only despair.

Evo Kazz
10-09-2012, 02:54 PM
yep. that's pretty much what it's come too. there's no hope left, only despair.

This is where I usually reply and say meh, I've done it now, but no, I still have not lol.

MartyMcFal
10-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Only got the Uphill Struggle and Magic Marker to gold for the achievement, should hopefully get it today. Uphill struggle isn't too bad, i got to 71metres without too much effort and can get there quite often before i do some schoolboy error to mess it up.

As for magic marker, again its not too bad as long as you can get past the two lines where you have to jump to reach.

Evo Kazz
10-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Only got the Uphill Struggle and Magic Marker to gold for the achievement, should hopefully get it today. Uphill struggle isn't too bad, i got to 71metres without too much effort and can get there quite often before i do some schoolboy error to mess it up.

As for magic marker, again its not too bad as long as you can get past the two lines where you have to jump to reach.

Any tips for those jumping bits on Uphill? After the 2 wooden beams, but before the TNT section

MartyMcFal
10-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Any tips for those jumping bits on Uphill? After the 2 wooden beams, but before the TNT section

I can't really give you any tips rather than use your momentum to take you past the rest once you get past the gate. There is are about two spots where you can take a "rest" before attempting the next section.

If you want to view my replay then go ahead as i just got a platinum medal for 113 metres. I'm ranked 406th i believe.

GT- MartyMcFal

EDIT - Done those last two, so 500/500! :)

Nevander
10-09-2012, 09:37 PM

Same here.

I find it odd how it's apparently not that hard yet almost impossible for some? I know it has to do with knowing how to control wheelies, but it's just such a pain in the ass to do.

It has to be a perfect run through and I love how some have done it with like 11 or so faults but me has taken over 2000 just to get close.

F**k this achievement.

Elite Mouse
10-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Took me 115 tries before I got it.

Could have been way harder, and besides, not only do you not have to restart the level every time (which is what I thought at first), you get an audible warning when you fail it.

This is trials evolution, you should have known the achievements would be hard when you signed up.

A ZombieTwinkie
10-15-2012, 01:24 AM
Took me 115 tries before I got it.

Could have been way harder, and besides, not only do you not have to restart the level every time (which is what I thought at first), you get an audible warning when you fail it.

This is trials evolution, you should have known the achievements would be hard when you signed up.

I love how the game taunts you when you drop the front wheel down. Only made me that much more determined to get it. Luckily, it only took me about 20 minutes to get it. Restarted at the checkpoint maybe 100 faults. It's challenging, but if you put your mind to it, it won't take long to get it.

DarkSephiroth
10-17-2012, 10:12 AM
YAY another perfectly good afternoon ruined by this achievement, again.

I wish I wouldn't have bought this so at least I still would have my 100%

The tracks are great its just this achievement that is destroying all the good memories of trials.

LDHughes
10-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Got it woohoo, got the 1st half down to a T, I spontaneously got lucky on the second half thank god. Took me all in all I'd say about 400 - 500 faults.

DarkSephiroth
10-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Got it woohoo, got the 1st half down to a T, I spontaneously got lucky on the second half thank god. Took me all in all I'd say about 400 - 500 faults.

GJ! Gecko or Phoenix?

I personally have better results with Phoenix but some ppl say Gecko is better. I personally hate it in this achievement lol

A ZombieTwinkie
10-17-2012, 07:22 PM
GJ! Gecko or Phoenix?

I personally have better results with Phoenix but some ppl say Gecko is better. I personally hate it in this achievement lol

I used the Phoenix for a few minutes, then switched over to the Gecko. Tried that for only like 10 faults and didn't like it. Didn't really have the speed, it seems, to stay steady. Switched back to the Phoenix and nailed the achievement a few minutes later.

Nevander
10-18-2012, 12:03 AM
Tried the Phoenix, Scorpion, and Gecko. Got to say that at least for me the Gecko was much better for it. It has much more bounciness which really helps with getting to the finish quicker and wheelies seemed easier to both pop and control.

Mr Chaotix
10-18-2012, 06:28 AM
Just got it :)
Didn't really find it that hard, spent around an hour going for it with the Phoenix.

I still have to get gold medals on all the extreme tracks and skill games, which seems to be rather difficult for me... So I'd say this achievement is easier, IMO.

LDHughes
10-18-2012, 06:43 AM
I also did it with the phoenix, I'm just not that good at controlling the rider like that to use the Gecko.

I think it's a subjective achievement as I found Golding all the tracks not too much hassle as I am quite experienced nowadays, but I'm not the best at finely controling the bike like that, as I said before, mine was half skill half luck.

In hindsight, this achievement was the one I hated getting the most, the only one I had to really grind at and the only one I didn't enjoy, so for meit was the hardest.

There will be people out there who can get this who cannot get Gold on extreme, so as I said, subjective.

DarkSephiroth
10-18-2012, 09:14 AM
Yeah for me getting gold on skills games and easy to hard tracks was a cake walk and I know I can get gold on those extreme tracks as I have get gold on all the original tracks but I just wanted to get this out the way... For me this is crazy hard as it's also something that you don't actually need in this game so I haven't bothered to actually learn how to wheelie.

DJSmurf2009
10-19-2012, 12:20 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2ronomr.jpg

Its possible to land on this ledge with both wheels touching the ground, to give yourself a little rest so to speak... Thats how i got it... Be quick though, im sure they'll patch it in the next update :)

Evo Kazz
10-21-2012, 12:21 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2ronomr.jpg

Its possible to land on this ledge with both wheels touching the ground, to give yourself a little rest so to speak... Thats how i got it... Be quick though, im sure they'll patch it in the next update :)

You serious? That could help immensly.

DJSmurf2009
10-21-2012, 04:03 PM
You serious? That could help immensly.

It does work, found it myself too :D

Someone over on the redlynx forum also said it worked for them... Although a lot of other said it was cheating but hey ho, if it gets you the achievement who cares haha

EDIT: Here's the video for proof i suppose... Done it on my missus' account :) as you can see, i settle on the ledge and then go for it... Both wheels on the floor of the ledge... then achievement at the end :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfqX62RVjEQ&feature=plcp

Evo Kazz
10-22-2012, 08:28 AM
Ok it works 100%, but still damn hard!! Finally got it thanks to this method! :woop::woop::woop::woop:

DJSmurf rocks!!

Corrupt.
10-24-2012, 05:00 PM
I agree, only one I still need and is annoying as fuck. All golds was a piece of piss compared to this...

JuanPabloSmoker
10-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Pad has gone across the room numerous times now. All the people coming on here saying its not hard - I hate you!!!

Easily a 1000 attempts so far and probably 3 or 4 years taken off my lifespan.

DJSmurf2009
10-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Pad has gone across the room numerous times now. All the people coming on here saying its not hard - I hate you!!!

Easily a 1000 attempts so far and probably 3 or 4 years taken off my lifespan.

If your finding it difficult and want an easy way to get the achievement, check my video out dude... You can land on one of the ledges with both wheels and still get the achievement.

JuanPabloSmoker
10-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Thanks I will give that a try....if I can make it to that platform lol

Crash Geom
10-26-2012, 08:45 PM
If your finding it difficult and want an easy way to get the achievement, check my video out dude... You can land on one of the ledges with both wheels and still get the achievement.

:eek: You make it look so easy. Are you accelerating the entire time?

Nevander
10-27-2012, 02:54 AM
Someone over on the redlynx forum also said it worked for them... Although a lot of other said it was cheating but hey ho, if it gets you the achievement who cares haha

How can they say it's cheating. You would think something that obvious (an object not set to a hit trigger tied to the achievement's coding) would be done on purpose and not missed by Redlynx, but I suppose anything's possible.

Dog Face
10-27-2012, 03:24 AM
Yes, except for when he stops on the platform.

Dog Face
10-27-2012, 04:41 AM

Thanks for posting that. I could do the first two parts fine I just couldn't make the last landing before the finish.

DJSmurf2009
10-27-2012, 01:06 PM

Near enough the whole time yeah, its just a case of perseverance really bud, you say i make it look so easy but you can see it took me 151 tries on that video and about 28 mins and 460+ tries on another hahaha Keep at it, you'll get it sooner or later :) just make sure you settle yourself on the ledge and figure out how your going to approach the final hill...

Dog Face
10-28-2012, 01:40 AM
One thing about the ledge that makes this achievement easier: I faulted a lot trying to get onto it. If you don't think you're going to make it to the ledge just try to finish like normal.

Crash Geom
10-28-2012, 02:57 AM
One thing about the ledge that makes this achievement easier: I faulted a lot trying to get onto it. If you don't think you're going to make it to the ledge just try to finish like normal.

^This! I landed 30 times out on the safe ledge out of 1500 attempts, and I was unsuccessful on the last jump everytime. Messed up like 20 times trying to land on the safe ledge. Also I couldn't ever make the final jump from that ledge. I don't think I had enough momentum. (Not skillful enough)

I had a flawless run just now without using the safe ledge and didn't see the achievement pop. I was so pissed! :uzi:But then I checked my list and I already had it or the notice didn't pop up this time. Confirmed on Xbox.com that it wasn't a glitch. Thank goodness. :woop:I had another run that I thought was perfect before, but sometimes the sound that signals you touched the ground is really quiet.

One last hint if you're flipped backwards right before the safety ledge (basically the ledge on top) try braking and you'll flip back over and land safely on the "safe" ledge. I only got this to work once, but can't hurt to try.

Good luck everyone.

thisispreston
10-28-2012, 10:54 PM
fucking get in, finally got it! without using the ledge as well :)

Dog Face
10-29-2012, 03:33 AM
Congrats! It can be a frustrating one.

Nevander
10-29-2012, 05:05 AM
When I was attempting it, I noticed the ledge didn't cause the laugh in the background, so I assumed it might allow you to land on it and still get the achievement, but that sounded too good to be true. I ended up just doing it the normal way with the Gecko.

Crash Geom
11-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Another quick advice is if you're going up the first slope and don't reach the platform above just reset. Don't screw around dinking and trying to do some miracle wheelie up the slope. Even if you make it up there, you don't have enough speed to get you across. It may take you over 2000 faults so you need to waste as little time as possible.

DarkSephiroth
11-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Whew finally got it! I got it the normal way but thanks DJSmurf! It was your video that made me go back to try this!

I guess some higher power had enough fun with me as when I got to the legde above that save-legde and had way too much speed to drop there, I just bunny hopped from there and surprisingly landed perfectly and just bounced to the finish.

I'm so happy that I got this hardest achievement out the way!

Laajm
11-08-2012, 01:37 AM
First thing I did after getting the DLC was to try the Wheelie-achievement since all the other simular ones in the Trials series (like Full Throttle, Donkey Challenge, etc) have been some of the most enjoyable parts in the games. But this one... just.. argh.. After two hours of accomplishing absolutely nothing, I gave up. Decided to go for gold on everything first, which I soon will be finished with (only Uphill Struggle left now). So, I'm trying to gather courage to enter the nuthouse again... that clown's laugh is still hunting my dreams...

Dog Face
11-08-2012, 10:35 PM
I played with my sound FX turned off so I didn't have to hear it.

Crash Geom
11-08-2012, 11:33 PM

But sometimes there are some close calls and after 500+ runs, it gets difficult to tell (from semi-zoning out) if your front wheel actually hit the ground.

Laajm
11-10-2012, 04:46 PM
But sometimes there are some close calls and after 500+ runs, it gets difficult to tell (from semi-zoning out) if your front wheel actually hit the ground.
Exactly.

Finally got the achievement the other day by the way, took around 2500 tries overall... which was my last one on Origin of Pain, yay! Extremely enjoyable DLC, highly recommend it for those who haven't bought it yet. :)

Nevander
11-10-2012, 07:05 PM

I turned off that damned music but kept the FX because I needed to know if I failed.

Crash Geom
11-10-2012, 09:37 PM
I think this challenge is only daunting if you have no idea how to go about it. Once you do, the difficulty is the same as getting gold on a DLC extreme track.

LaserPanther
01-03-2013, 03:24 AM
I just got it after about 1k faults. :woop:

For the last few tries I did it this way:
- Full throttle for the first jump.
- Bunny hop over the first gap and instantly bunny hop again to get on top.
- Roll down to the save platform. If you hit the gas you will most likey jump over it.
- Hit the gas and bunny hop over the last ramp.

Phoenix bike worked best for me.

YAY!

CoregBlue1
04-14-2013, 05:07 PM
did the extreme tracks today and got gold on all 3.

nothing compared to this achievement. been trying for at least 4 hours now with the gecko.