PDA

View Full Version : VERY werid

Bobtroid
09-16-2007, 01:32 AM
I was just playing NHL 2k8 and then all of a sudden it said ________ sent you a message. I clicked it and it was from 2 days ago. Then it started to say he sent me more, all from a few days ago. It did this like 30 times for all my other messages. What the hell happened?

Jdm
09-16-2007, 01:40 AM
That's strange indeed.

Be careful. You don't want some bastard hacking your account or playing stupid tricks on you.

That has NEVER happened to me before and I don't want it to happen. Keep us posted.

Fonkey Monkey
09-16-2007, 01:50 AM
happened to me once.
i got a message, and then all of my messages kept popping up.
just delete all of them and it never happened again.

Bobtroid
09-16-2007, 02:04 AM
Yeah, thats what happened. I got like 2 messages from someone in like 5 seconds then all of my messages started popping up.

SkillfulMmd
09-16-2007, 11:19 PM
ive heard of that sum where u should be carefull and delete it quick cause a couple of my buddys have had there credit cards hacked and they huge bills from microsoft points
my buddy phoned microsoft and they said theres nothing they could do

antilucid
09-16-2007, 11:58 PM
ive heard of that sum where u should be carefull and delete it quick cause a couple of my buddys have had there credit cards hacked and they huge bills from microsoft points
my buddy phoned microsoft and they said theres nothing they could do I heard somewhere that capital letters and punctuation is still taught in school. Can you give a more reliable source than "some friend"? I highly doubt someone can hack your credit card from inside the X-Box 360. It probably happened due to a virus in their computer if it all.

Jdm
09-17-2007, 06:15 AM
I heard somewhere that capital letters and punctuation is still taught in school. Can you give a more reliable source than "some friend"? I highly doubt someone can hack your credit card from inside the X-Box 360. It probably happened due to a virus in their computer if it all.

Grammar...:p

Actually there has been stories where gamers have received FR that leads to hacks. That FR would contain a "virus" in it, that would take over your account.

Don't laugh now because I personally had a message sent to me where it was a bunch of numbers, letters, and symbols. Toward the end of the message, it had a .PING/EXE. Ping and EXE file? Tell me that's not an attempt to hack my account,

FYI, that person that sent me the message just had their account hacked. Coincidence? I think not. Just be careful guys. Just remember, these @$$holes can get you from almost anywhere.

Krazie
09-17-2007, 06:34 AM
That happened to me once as well. I was deleting messages, and all of a sudden I kept getting message notifications for all of my messages. Had to restart my 360 to stop the madness :p

SkillfulMmd
09-18-2007, 11:15 AM
like i said im not lying the buddy that told me i see in real life all the time and i went to his house and saw it i wouldnt just post useless information i want to help not hinder

codedigital
09-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Grammar...:p

Actually there has been stories where gamers have received FR that leads to hacks. That FR would contain a "virus" in it, that would take over your account.

Don't laugh now because I personally had a message sent to me where it was a bunch of numbers, letters, and symbols. Toward the end of the message, it had a .PING/EXE. Ping and EXE file? Tell me that's not an attempt to hack my account,

FYI, that person that sent me the message just had their account hacked. Coincidence? I think not. Just be careful guys. Just remember, these @$ can get you from almost anywhere.

It was just someone messing with you. FR and messages cannot contain executable code. It's impossible for someone to do these things.

They hack your account through social engineering either you...or customer support.

PerpetualHeaven
09-18-2007, 01:53 PM
That happened to me once as well. I was deleting messages, and all of a sudden I kept getting message notifications for all of my messages. Had to restart my 360 to stop the madness :p

That happened to me once. It was the most annoying thing and everything went back into a new message. What's worse then those are halo 2 messages people still send to my old account. I hate those.

BackerMan
09-18-2007, 04:24 PM
I got some scam messages too but I deleted them.

Pez
09-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Can't say this has ever happened to me, but now I know what to expect if it does happen. :)

Must be quite scary at first, makes you think you've been hacked or whatever.

~SS

EDIT: By the way, I think you may have spelt the thread title wrong. ;)

I King Pin 0
09-18-2007, 10:33 PM
So even if you have already read messages that someone has sent you but not deleted them yet, extra messages may pop up from something you have already read? Or does this occur only when you have new messages you have not read yet.