PDA

View Full Version : Uphill Struggle

Evo Kazz
10-07-2012, 09:07 PM
It seems everyone, like me, is having more trouble getting gold on this skill game than the extreme courses. I wondered if those lucky enough to beat it with gold have any tips? I have sussed the first part, so will offer noob help there, if someone else can extend it to the harder parts.

-Ramps x 3

Nothing hard about these, just ride up them and level out.

Steep Hill

After the 3rd jump, reverse back to the rail, and lean forward, drive forward full speed, and as you hit the ramp flick the stick back, then forward, you should ride up level and fly up at the top, level out to land, then brake once landed.

Bunny Hop Jump With TNT

After the above, reverse back again against the wall, and posture your rider back, so he is sat on the bike, and still against wall. Floor it forward to clear the TNT, as you land push forward on the stick to ride up and over the castle like wall, level out and brake on landing.

Double Beams & Gate Area

Reverse again against the wall, and still, lean rider back sat down on bike, then floor it forward, as you hit the ramp gently hit back on the stick to guide him up the ramp, in the air, just before landing, push forward on the stick, ride up the beam, as you jump off it, tilt the back in the wheelie postion in mid air slightly, then push forward again just before landing, this should glide you neatly over the gate area. Level out and brake.

Metal Ramp - Small Grated Ramp - Metal Box - Beam - Ascent Ramp

HELP!!!!!! LOL, please if somene could follow this on somehow, it may help.

I found a guide for Trials HD that what written like the above, and he made a point of stopping where possible, and getting shit together before attempting more, I recall it was a commentry video on youtube, something like that for this level is needed as no fucker seems to be able to gold it consistantly! And for those like me....AT ALL.

Rageba
10-08-2012, 07:25 AM

I do these parts together

As soon as you land in this area go back as far as possible and forward posture. Floor it to hit first part then posture back while riding to second part and then posture forward in mid air onto third platform, you should land on this in the correct posture to make it to the forth part i usually posture back while riding to get to the next area.

if anyone knows a better method for this let me know as i cannot do this consistently

I am stuck from there

Rageba
10-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Thinking about it is it possible to copy this map and make it a user map? this would be a million times easier if it had checkpoints so that you could practice the sections and get good at the that way "trials and error" <- See what i did there

Trendin
10-08-2012, 01:34 PM
It was very troublesome for me to get but, I eventually got it. I looked on the leaderboards and watched replays of people doing it and it helped me.

jdawg529
10-09-2012, 05:51 AM

Assuming I think I know which part you're talking about you should try going off the first ramp while flooring the pedal and leaning completely forward, it should always help getting set up on the first ramp to make it to the rest and all the way up to the wooden ramp / TNT.

But yeah, Good luck with it, just keep trying and try to figure out what is consistent for you. I just got 500/500 and I think getting Solid Gold was one of the most satisfying achieves I ever unlocked :)

Evo Kazz
10-09-2012, 01:37 PM

Assuming I think I know which part you're talking about you should try going off the first ramp while flooring the pedal and leaning completely forward, it should always help getting set up on the first ramp to make it to the rest and all the way up to the wooden ramp / TNT.

But yeah, Good luck with it, just keep trying and try to figure out what is consistent for you. I just got 500/500 and I think getting Solid Gold was one of the most satisfying achieves I ever unlocked :)

I found leaning forward always gets me to the first ramp, but that's pretty easy anyways, I just cannot find any consistent way of jumping from that ramp to the metal box, then getting to the wooden rail, and then ramp with tnt, I made that tnt ramp 2 times only, and both times blew up.

thisispreston
10-09-2012, 02:28 PM
I made that tnt ramp 2 times only, and both times blew up.
that tnt ascent ramp, at a bit over 50m, has fucked me over 10 times times now! now i got too stressed and i keep messing up the earlier bits. that's the problem with this game!

Evo Kazz
10-09-2012, 02:52 PM
that tnt ascent ramp, at a bit over 50m, has fucked me over 10 times times now! now i got too stressed and i keep messing up the earlier bits. that's the problem with this game!

I have the first section upto the crates before the TNT ramp down to an art. I can consistently get there every single time almost, except for frustrated errors lol.

There is usually a fool proof way of getting over a section, by going in a certain position etc beforehand, but I can't for the life of me figure out the jumps before the TNT ramp. The section I am talking about is after the gate, and what's worse is I know of 8 other players that are stuck in exactly the same place, been playing 8 hours today non stop and only got over them twice!!

Maka
10-16-2012, 05:58 PM
I made this video, hopefully it can help you out:
Trials Evolution - Uphill Struggle Platinum/Gold Medal Tutorial/Guide - YouTube

LDHughes
10-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Finally got this done, got 90m in the end and the video helped as well.
It was the last gold I needed and the one that took me the longest, even magic marker was done within 30 mins, this took me several visits.

I can watch Walking dead now without having this in my head lol.

Crash Geom
10-29-2012, 10:28 AM
-Ramps x 3

Steep Hill

After the 3rd jump, reverse back to the rail, and lean forward, drive forward full speed, and as you hit the ramp flick the stick back, then forward, you should ride up level and fly up at the top, level out to land, then brake once landed.

Bunny Hop Jump With TNT

After the above, reverse back again against the wall, and posture your rider back, so he is sat on the bike, and still against wall. Floor it forward to clear the TNT, as you land push forward on the stick to ride up and over the castle like wall, level out and brake on landing.

Double Beams & Gate Area

Reverse again against the wall, and still, lean rider back sat down on bike, then floor it forward, as you hit the ramp gently hit back on the stick to guide him up the ramp, in the air, just before landing, push forward on the stick, ride up the beam, as you jump off it, tilt the back in the wheelie postion in mid air slightly, then push forward again just before landing, this should glide you neatly over the gate area. Level out and brake.

I cannot get my bike to stick on the 2nd beam consistently. If I'm pushing forward when I land, I just slide right off 80%of the time. If I'm not pushing forward, I can land fine. but then I don't know how to accelerate up without screwing up. Bike flips over since I'm not pushing against the beam.

Edit: Ok I'm making better progress by just gunning the accelerator while hugging the slope rather than lightly tapping it.

Dog Face
10-30-2012, 06:16 AM
I cannot get my bike to stick on the 2nd beam consistently. If I'm pushing forward when I land, I just slide right off 80%of the time. If I'm not pushing forward, I can land fine. but then I don't know how to accelerate up without screwing up. Bike flips over since I'm not pushing against the beam.

Edit: Ok I'm making better progress by just gunning the accelerator while hugging the slope rather than lightly tapping it.
Edit: I realised this is after where you are. For where you are at you need to is jump the first ramp to the beam. Land on it rear tire first like a wheelie, then set your front tire down. If you can don't fall off but throttle up to the top you so you can slide down. You want to be down at the bottom so you can throttle up quicker. Hold forward some so your bike grips to the beam and launch towards the second one. Here you want to do the same thing as before, back tire first like a wheelie, then set the front tire down. You should just be able to throttle over the fence since there's a lot of room to land. If you need to though take your time like before and just go slow.

This is from 45m/150ft on:

To get past this part you need to land with your back tire first, then set your front tire down. Then feather the gas to stay on the ramp. Slowly gas until your back tire is past the curved ramp part (The thing that looks like a bunch of planks together.) Once it's past that you're going to want to slowly gas until you're holding accelerate all the way down. You should launch over the mines. You're going to want to land back tire first again, then set down the front wheel. Gas lightly to stay on. Feel free to gas to the top and slide back down (gassing as needed to stay on) until you're ready to accelerate to the metal roof. From here you're going to want to keep accelerating until you get to where it curves. You need to bunny hop to the next part. You'll land on a tire ramp. This part is easy. From there you need to ramp over some fire. You should be able to just jump this (Feel free to bunny hop if you aren't sure.) Land back tire first, then front tire again. Take you're time here as you're one jump away from 78m/300ish ft. All you need to do is jump to the next part and you're there.

Dog Face
10-30-2012, 06:34 AM
It seems everyone, like me, is having more trouble getting gold on this skill game than the extreme courses. I wondered if those lucky enough to beat it with gold have any tips? I have sussed the first part, so will offer noob help there, if someone else can extend it to the harder parts.

-Ramps x 3

Steep Hill

Bunny Hop Jump With TNT

Double Beams & Gate Area

HELP!!!!!! LOL, please if somene could follow this on somehow, it may help.

I found a guide for Trials HD that what written like the above, and he made a point of stopping where possible, and getting shit together before attempting more, I recall it was a commentry video on youtube, something like that for this level is needed as no fucker seems to be able to gold it consistantly! And for those like me....AT ALL.
To get past this part you need to land with your back tire first, then set your front tire down. Then feather the gas to stay on the ramp. Slowly gas until your back tire is past the curved ramp part (The thing that looks like a bunch of planks together.) Once it's past that you're going to want to slowly gas until you're holding accelerate all the way down. You should launch over the mines. You're going to want to land back tire first again, then set down the front wheel. Gas lightly to stay on. Feel free to gas to the top and slide back down (gassing as needed to stay on) until you're ready to accelerate to the metal roof. From here you're going to want to keep accelerating until you get to where it curves. You need to bunny hop to the next part. You'll land on a tire ramp. This part is easy. From there you need to ramp over some fire. You should be able to just jump this (Feel free to bunny hop if you aren't sure.) Land back tire first, then front tire again. Take you're time here as you're one jump away from 78m/300ish ft. All you need to do is jump to the next part and you're there.

Crash Geom
10-31-2012, 01:29 AM
I don't know if this helps anyone or not. But when you land on the metal roof, you can feather yourself so your wheels touch the land mine and push it to the right without them exploding to give yourself some extra space.

Crash Geom
11-01-2012, 07:48 AM
Finally got this piece of shit gold! After 15 hours! lol Bet Magic Marker is going to be a breeze. I think my biggest mistake was attempting this when I was super tired.

So here's my guide and advice and this is for people who want piece of mind of high percentage tactics that require little skill.

Work in Progress (80% done)

General Advice
1. My guide pretty much assumes you'll be accelerating the whole time unless I say otherwise.
2. It's more important to land with both tires than a good position. So if your back tire isn't going to make it or even close try and land on a slope with your front tire first.
3. Watch videos on the Leaderboards and here. You should watch my video because the skill level is ridiculous on leaderboards and even the video posted here is way too good.
4. Set a time limit for yourself. Otherwise you'll just be wasting hours like me.
5. Hit the Back button immediately if you know there's no chance of surviving. I can't stress this enough because you lose 3 seconds every single time you restart after faulting. A gold medal run takes 1 minute. Your average run will be like 40 seconds so 3 seconds add up fast.

Section 1: 3 ramps
Just accelerate. Make sure to learn forward and back on 3rd ramp so you can clear it.

Section 2: Super Slope
Lean back right before you get to the slope and then forward. Let go of accelerate when you're half up the ramp. Now there's 4 possible scenarios here.
Scenario 1: You don't make it so you slide back down the slope. Adjust and try again.
Scenario 2: You get up the slope, but not enough to clear the barrel afterwards. Just keep accelerating leaning forward and accelerating. Your bike will tilt back and forth utnil eventually your front tire will get far enough to the right that you can lean back and push yourself over.
Scenario 3: You gain enough momentum to land on the barrel in the back and can ride safely over.
Scenario 4: You have too push momentum which is what I like to "You're screwed" scenario. If you know this is coming, you can flip forward, but you can't react to it. Most like you're going to die. Because your back tire will get caught on the barrel and you'll fall on your ass. Your best bet is to wheelie forward as soon as you land. Then readjust.

If you push off the barrel, you have enough momentum to clear the next obstacle.

If not brake all the way back and proceed. Tap the accelerate button once quickly and if your front tire doesn't fly up, you're good and can push the accelerate button down. If your front tire flies up, then brake and go back.

Section 3: Ground ramp to wooden plank ramp

Just accelerate and lean back when you you get to the ramp and lean forward. Standard stuff. When you hit the plank ramp just accelerate and lean forward when you're halfway up. Again 2 scenarios:
Scenario 1: You clear the block clean and you're good.
Scenario 2: you don't clear it and your back tire is going to land on the block. You want to lean back and accelerate. This way if you do hit the block you want fall on your face. And if you don't, you can readjust appropriately.

Section 4: Slanted planks
Brake all the way back and proceed. Tap the accelerate button once quickly and if your front tire doesn't fly up, you're good and can push the accelerate button down. If your front tire flies up, then brake and go back.

I like to pull back right when the tire hits the bottom of the ramp rather than early here. Lean forward. I don't know why it just seems to work better. Now I know there's better way to do this if you're good. If not, the following method will get you through this 80% of the time.

After you lift off, you want to lean forward so you end up landing parallel to the planks and just keep accelerating. Do the same on the 2nd plank and you'll get through easily. Like I said it works 80% of the time. If you think you'll be a little short, don't lean forward when you land. If this happens you'll only have a 10% chance of surviving as you try to readjust your bike. Now the other 10% your front tire doesn't stick because you're leaning so quickly lean back and readjust your bike. Very difficult to survive at this point.

Section 5: Quadruple Jump to slope - This is where most of my deaths came. The problem is there's so many factors in all the jumps. And it's just so frustrating.

You'll want to start on the wood boards. Tap accelerate again. If your front tire doesn't leave the ground, fully accelerate. You want to land on the next platform back tire first. Once your front tire goes over the green barrel lean forward. You must land on the first half of this ramp for this to work. If you land on the last half of this ramp, you're pretty screwed. You have to brake all the way back and try to accelerate through and try to jump which is extremely difficult for me.

Repeat on the next ramp. Lean forward when your front tire is about to go off the next ramp. I like to stop in the next slope because I had no luck landing on the last slope.

So slide backwards, accelerate and hop onto the 4th obstacle. You'll begin to slide back. Lean forward right before the you hit the wooden board and prey you don't fall off. If you do, you have to start over. This part sucks. I only got this to work 20% of the time. If you catch. Tap the accelerator once briefly, and then hold it down and you'll be able to land on the next platform. You'll have to decide whether to lean forward or not. This part is tough since if you react incorrectly, you're screwed. Repeat this twice. Land on the metal roof.

Now if you weren't able to lean forward on the metal roof. Slowly accelerate forward and gently nudge the landmine to the right. You will not trigger it. After there's enough room, get your front tire up here and you can lean forward without dying. Now slowly decelerate to the end of the metal roof and accelerate upwards and bunny hop to the next ramp. You'll want to start the hop 10% before you reach the end of the metal roof. There's plenty of room to make it. Lean forward again and just accelerate. Don't bunny hop here. Same with the next platform.

Hope you get your gold!

Nevander
11-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Bet Magic Marker is going to be a breeze.

I thought so too, but I was wrong. The two big ass jumps kill it for me. When I got gold, I had exactly 16 faults.

Crash Geom
11-02-2012, 09:35 PM
I thought so too, but I was wrong. The two big ass jumps kill it for me. When I got gold, I had exactly 16 faults.

Magic Marker: The first big jump took 300 faults before I figured out a method to clear it 20% of the time. You know what's sad? I didn't know there were different levels of acceleration until this track. To feather I used to tap the accelerate button repeatedly and that's gotten me up to this point and gold on every other DLC track, but of couse the 1st jump is impossible unless you accelerate slowly and constantly up the first big ass jump. And because of that first jump, I originally hated this more than the others because I couldn't clear it.

But now I have to say the honor goes to Straight Jacket.

I absolutely suck at getting pass the slope that goes vertical and pushing yourself to the right where there's no faults but wastes time in Straight Jacket and Magic Marker. I'm glad that Magic Marker is right at the beginning. But on Straight Jacket I missed gold by 3 seconds and that ended up costing me another hour before I had another good run. Since I had 10 faults on my gold run and 9 for silver, my silver score overrides it which is kind of lame. Gold runs should automatically override any silver score you had previously.

Finished Magic Marker in 5 hours! :drunk Done with this game for at least a month!

Dog Face
11-04-2012, 04:37 PM
5. Hit the Back button immediately if you know there's no chance of surviving. I can't stress this enough because you lose 3 seconds every single time you restart after faulting. A gold medal run takes 1 minute. Your average run will be like 40 seconds so 3 seconds add up fast.

Hitting B is quicker depending on how you gas. I use A for gas so it's much easier to just hit B.

Crash Geom
11-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Hitting B is quicker depending on how you gas. I use A for gas so it's much easier to just hit B.

WTF you can hit A for gas? :uzi:That sure would have helped when my index and middle fingers were dying from pressed down over my thousands of faults.

Dog Face
11-05-2012, 02:05 AM
WTF you can hit A for gas? :uzi:That sure would have helped when my index and middle fingers were dying from pressed down over my thousands of faults.
Yeah, it might take some practice though switching so late to A for gas as it's a lot different feathering A than RT.

Nevander
11-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Yeah, it might take some practice though switching so late to A for gas as it's a lot different feathering A than RT.

I tried using A, it sucks for me. I HAVE to use RT as it feels like a natural gas trigger/pedal. I use X for wheel balancing though as it's much quicker.

Don Jose
11-05-2012, 03:30 PM

Can you even feather it? I like the triggers since you can actually vary the throttle. I thought the A button was all or nothing?

Dog Face
11-05-2012, 09:24 PM
I can anyway.