PDA

View Full Version : Civilization: Revolution

willcrazyiii
09-16-2007, 05:20 AM
There doesn't appear to be a forum for this game, so I made this topic. Anybody else looking forward to this game? I remember all those sleepless nights spent trying to defeat the Incans and Germans with my Roman Legions... I just think this could be an amazing game, and the achievements could be very tough if you know how hard this game can be.

Krazie
09-16-2007, 06:26 AM
Of course we have a forum for the game. It's under it's full name (Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution) and is found under the TBA 2007-2008 section.

I'll move the thread there for ya :p

antilucid
10-23-2007, 10:28 AM
I am hoping for some medium difficulty achievements without going too crazy. Have some be offline and some be online. Plus achievements centered around the various ways to win a scenario (if a diplomatic victory and such will be possible in this version).

Paleo Looshe
12-11-2007, 01:24 PM
I have been a loyal and loving fan of Sid's Civ series all the while upgrading my PC to the games needs and feeding my addiction. When PS 1 came out with Red Alert on it I thought.....OMG...maybe Sid will give us a CIV game for console play, but nope.
Then there was xbox, and I thought surely Microsoft console, Civ games run on Microsoft, however again I was wrong.
Then there in the light was xbox 360 (HAAAHHHHH) with it's online gaming community without rival, and Sid says to himself "hmmm, I already have thousands and thousands of loyal and addicted minions on pc, but how do I reach out to this new generation of gamers who demand online play, leaderboards, DLC right from their thumbs, and ACHIEVEMENTS, yes my colleagues it's time, TO THE CONSOLE!";)

I cannot wait till this game comes I have been practically begging my friends to buy it on pc but their system needs a new graphics card, or the online multiplayer system is fautly, but now with xbox live I can spot them the damn money to be able to take over the world with the Mayans with my friends at my side, MUWAHAHWAHH!!!

sorry i'm really excited and if your not, give the game a try you'll be happy you did :woop:

here is the URL to a forum where an Admin of apolyton.net got to play the game with none other than the Civ Crew themselves

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?postid=5120755#post5120755

XboxFreak36
12-28-2007, 06:28 PM
I Hope this game is looks good, plays good. Becouse it sounds good now already :) Revolution!! I'm a loyal Sid Meier's Civilization fan too I have/had all games of it :) really love'd it some times when i go on vacation I take my Laptop and play it!!

FoxRacing1234
01-29-2008, 02:21 AM
I love the game for the PC so I'm totally stoked for this to come out! Hopefully it won't be too hard to control, I think that C&C is kinda hard to control on the console but really easy to control on the computer. I've played all the Civilization games other than the most recent so I can't wait to play this

iskoot
03-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Civilization II FTW!!! I'm hoping the console version is just as good if not better then the PC versions...in which case I'll be a very happy man. My birthday is tomorrow, so the cash I get will be going towards pre-ordering this and/or Gears of War 2

CHPwannabe
03-09-2008, 10:00 PM
i have lost so much time in my life because of that game..i think im going to lose a lot more when it comes out for the 360.

technique420
05-09-2008, 05:35 PM
I have never played any civilization game but this looks sweet. can't wait. i'll be pre-ordering this one right away

MikaDaiki
05-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Looking forward to the game :D The last Civ game I played was Civilisation II so I hope the leap to this new game isn't too painful. I hear they will be demoing it at this years London Expo.

Zion14782
05-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Looking forward to this game, not long to go till release for UK gamers.

Mustkill9
05-12-2008, 07:04 AM
Yeah I"ve had fun playing through older versions of Civilization twice on easy levels. To me, it wasn't fun trying it on harder levels, because the fighting was really stressful. (It was a lot to keep track of at once for me.) I don't know if anyone else is with me on this one, but I also found the game like impossible to take a break from- I just wanted to keep going and going.

Is there a release date for this? I looked around and couldn't find that info.

Pointless Dan
05-12-2008, 08:10 AM
I haven't played a Civ game in years and years, but might have to get my hands on this one. Can anyone who has played the PC version explain how well this will port?

Mustkill9
05-12-2008, 05:26 PM
I haven't played a Civ game in years and years, but might have to get my hands on this one. Can anyone who has played the PC version explain how well this will port?

The first time I played it was on PC, the 2nd time was on a console- I forget which one. It might have been Nintendo 64. I wasn't sure about it on the console at first because I thought it was going to be a lot of buttons, but I thought it was very smooth using a video game controller. No problems with controls.

Pointless Dan
05-12-2008, 06:00 PM
I really do hope it ports ok though. I was a little on the fence about it, but I checked out the official site and read some other bits and I really like the look of it. It looks like the kind of game that will keep me busy for a couple of months, which is good because there is nothing out until August I want after this!

Dog Of Thunder
05-13-2008, 12:38 AM

One of the biggest changes, and one you'll understand from having played an older version, is that modifying the terrain is now fully automatic. No more worker micromanagement!

That basically sums up the biggest change from PC to Console, streamlined gameplay. Both in single-player, and especially in multi-player. An interview on...I think Gamespot, mentioned the multi-player system of having players take turns simultaneously with a countdown beginning once the first player was down, giving 30 seconds for the rest of the players to finish their turn. That doesn't sound like a huge innovation, but from trying to play Civ III online, it's a major step.

Removing the single, most tedious aspect of the game and re-working the online structure will make this version of Civilization far, far more multi-player friendly. That, and it has achievements. :woop:

Echo
05-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Im pretty hooked on Civ3 right now. Awesome game and pretty cheap these days :P (5 for the complete edition).

Cant wait for Civ:Rev, had it pre-ordered for months :D

Darth Odan
05-18-2008, 08:51 AM
One of the biggest changes, and one you'll understand from having played an older version, is that modifying the terrain is now fully automatic. No more worker micromanagement!

THANK GOD. Well, not really. I mean, I actually liked micromanaging them...Though when you get a huge empire it gets annoying to connect the cities. But, this will help out with the economy too :D

That basically sums up the biggest change from PC to Console, streamlined gameplay. Both in single-player, and especially in multi-player. An interview on...I think Gamespot, mentioned the multi-player system of having players take turns simultaneously with a countdown beginning once the first player was down, giving 30 seconds for the rest of the players to finish their turn. That doesn't sound like a huge innovation, but from trying to play Civ III online, it's a major step.

Civ 4 online has the same thing. Once a person finishes a turn, everyone else has 24 seconds to do so as well.

Astian
05-18-2008, 11:27 AM
When PS 1 came out with Red Alert on it I thought.....OMG...maybe Sid will give us a CIV game for console play, but nope.

Actually, Civilization II was released in the PSX. It was an awesome game, and is what got me into the series. I'll definitely be picking this title up. :)

RougeRogue
05-19-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm quite excited for this game to come out (on July 8th?) -- I've been playing the different versions of this game for the better part of two decades on PC and have wondered for years why there couldn't be a successful crossover of a turn-based strategy game to consoles . . . I find that soo much more enjoyable than the overly-fast-pace of so many real-time strategy games out there.

While, obviously, I hope it's a great game, I also hope it sells very well, as that might show there's a market for such games, beyond the PC . . . .

*edit: On this site: http://www.civilizationrevolution.com/
. . . it looks like the North American release is on July 8, while Europe gets it a month earlier, on June 6. Heh, with this happening the other way around so often, I guess turn-about is fair play. ;-)

vince271121
06-01-2008, 06:38 PM
if this game is as good as the computer version. then it might win game of the year.

rickyfeeney
06-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Im looking forward to this so much last game i got like this was command and conquer and that showed even if the online isnt very lively the single player for me made up for it and i played it for quite a while hopefuly this will be the same im gonna be either british american or german online when i play this maybe even a roman empire some time

Muzza D
06-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Cant wait- just played the demo, im amazed at how they have managed to bring the game onto the console and think it does the game justice. Can see myself having many a late night with this game, like back in the civ 2 days.... you lose track of time soo easily playing it.

Binty
06-08-2008, 06:47 PM
This game is just suck everyones time away! Can't wait!

tastefulmrship
06-08-2008, 06:52 PM
This game is just suck everyones time away! Can't wait!

Yes! Couldn't put it better myself! Well, I possibly could!

Binty
06-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Really should read what I type! Bluetooth does not mean the keyboard types what I think!
Should have read, "This game is just going to suck everyones time away!"

Mustkill9
06-09-2008, 06:20 AM
Really should read what I type! Bluetooth does not mean the keyboard types what I think!
Should have read, "This game is just going to suck everyones time away!"

It could have been worse. It could have said "this dame is just going to suck everyone's dime away." Or "his shame is just going to suck everyone's grime away." Maybe "this frame I must going to suck someone's hymen gay."

I would never get that speech recognition. When I tell them I want no special sauce at McDonalds they give me special sauce but no pickles. And that's a human dude not understanding me.

tastefulmrship
06-09-2008, 07:03 AM
Maybe "this frame I must going to suck someone's hymen gay."

[slightly off-topic, but I promise this'll be the only one!]

Is it truly possible that the act of cunnilingus could turn a nice young lady lesbian? Blimey, I ain't going down there again! It cost me enough to get the girl in the first place! Don't wanna re-mortgage the house to find another gf!

Mustkill9
06-09-2008, 07:56 AM
[slightly off-topic, but I promise this'll be the only one!]

Is it truly possible that the act of cunnilingus could turn a nice young lady lesbian? Blimey, I ain't going down there again! It cost me enough to get the girl in the first place! Don't wanna re-mortgage the house to find another gf!

It is possible, but very unlikely. People's brains work so differently than one another's that pretty much any thought is possible. What's more likely is that she used that as an excuse (I guess to get away from you.)

A piece of advice is that if you're showering a woman with gifts, being needy, and basically kissing her ass, she will never love you properly. In rare instances, a man can convince a woman to stay with him after much ass kissing. But psychologically, these needy persoanlity traits are feminine, and not attractive to heterosexual women. This is why guys who act like the biggest jerks get the most sex. They get the girls to do the chasing, and the girls are the ones who are constantly trying to prove themselves.

It's not as simple as acting like a jerk. First get yourself together as good as possible. Address your weaknesses. You have to really like yourself. Then take these same women around you, and instead of being nice to them, clearly act like you're not sure if they're good enough for you. You'll start developing your own style, and maybe even find real happiness.

I hope that helps you. I tried to sum up what could be a book's worth of advice.

tastefulmrship
06-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Yes?!?! Thanks... :confused: I think!

Anyway... back on-topic!
I've just re-installed Civ:Call To Power, CivII:Test Of Time, Alpha Centauri & the Alien Crossfire expansion pack in anticipation of this Friday's Civ:Rev release! It's a shame I can't get any of them to bloody work on WinXP! Time to scour the wide world of webbage for patches!

(I know CTP and ToT were bastard hybrids of the originals, but they came packaged nice, back in the day! Don't judge me for liking shiny trinkets!)