PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news HALO 4 NOT MONATIZABLE ON YT

xOverLorDx
10-09-2012, 05:57 PM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/developer/rules

i'll let this article speak

Ty-Rex
10-09-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm sure Machinima will set up something to continue making money off of it.

Either way, it doesn't bother me. I never put the ads on my videos because I really only put them up for my friends, not to make money.

iBuzz7S
10-09-2012, 11:20 PM
How is this breaking news? The Game Content Usage Rules have not changed in months, if not years.

HIRUDORA
10-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Well isnt that dandy... i finally get my yt partnership and now i cant even profit... its not like its making ms lose money? If anything theyre gaining, from the publicity that every video makes...

Ty-Rex
10-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Well isnt that dandy... i finally get my yt partnership and now i cant even profit... its not like its making ms lose money? If anything theyre gaining, from the publicity that every video makes...
Just out of curiosity, how much money do you think you would realistically be making?

CHIRUNO99
10-09-2012, 11:53 PM
This has always been the case, since ever.

xXmyxxmastaXx
10-10-2012, 08:04 AM
jesus the gaming community is retarded. they mean someone on the level of rooster teeth or machinima making money off of the ip. not including YT videos

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
10-10-2012, 06:42 PM
My dream just crushed.

CHIRUNO99
10-10-2012, 08:57 PM
FIRST THINGS FIRST, you're not supposed to profit from video game videos in the first place. You can try to claim Fair Rights all you want but if you show the entire section of a single player game including it's cinematics then it's basically piracy.

There's a pretty good explanation why, which also includes MANY other games, which is basically broadcasting the Single Player. If you can watch a Lets Play of the SP of Call of Duty then there's be no reason to play it yourself. You can watch the story, watch the game play and the experience would barely differ. The same could be said for Heavy Rain, Deadly Premonition, any SP experience ever. There's no real way around it.

There are exceptions, Minecraft and Faster than Light, and pretty much anything which is multi-player (yet not Age of Empires On-line because Microsoft are being weird.) since the experience is never the same, like skill shots, forge maps etc.

The chances are though Microsoft are selling it as an exclusive right, and possibly to Machinima (and they're shitty YouTube monopoly) or any other highly profitable partnership.