PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 FORGE revealed - 10 min interview

MixMaker1
10-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Halo 4 - Forge Interview from Gamespot - YouTube

Looks AWESOME!

LickableLemons7
10-09-2012, 07:05 PM
A Condemned remake would look great on Impact...I'll be spending most of my custom games on that one, for sure.

RBmaster9345
10-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Omg. Best Forge ever. Now show us we can place Elephants already........

EliteLeafHater
10-09-2012, 07:38 PM
damn that map looks amazing

theNomad
10-09-2012, 11:52 PM
New Halo 4 Forge Map - "Impact" - YouTube

Just seen the THFE video, it does look absolutly amazing. Be a great map to mess with the low gravity traits they showcased in the 1st forge map Ravine.

ReverendSID
10-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Well, at least Forge is finally not limited to just the same forerunner style pieces anymore. Nice to see some UNSC set pieces, wonder if they'll have Covenant in there.

MixMaker1
10-10-2012, 04:30 PM
They just revealed ALL 3 Forge maps and they are BEAUTIFUL!

Halo 4 Forge Maps Overview - YouTube

Joker0fLife
10-11-2012, 07:25 PM
I demand someone do a successor to Waterworks on Erosion ASAP.

BiggD
10-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Those other two maps look amazing. I'm going to be spending hours and hours building some good maps :D

RBmaster9345
10-11-2012, 09:28 PM
The maps look cool but none of them really feel "Big" enough for me. I like forging the large-scale vehicle based custom gametypes. I dont see an easy area to do that besides on Erosion. The others could have enough flat pieces to build a platform over the fall barrier for all I know though, we'll see.

Vectorman953
10-11-2012, 10:21 PM
I REALLY hope that you can build over that acid-looking lake in the caverns map. And if the active lighting reflects the hue and shadows - I might just have a forge-gasm.

I'm not really a fan of the foothills outside for the vehical portion - If those shapes were included in the forge pallet it would have been way better. Unfortunately the map looks way to small to create a faithful recreation of waterworks - even though they really nailed what an HD-reskin would have been like.

Impact seems like a really cool map. I'll probably create some gametypes where the attibute-zones are modified so that you can fly into space if you jump wrong

lifeexpectancy
10-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Merry christmas to the forge community lol damn. Three different forge maps? Well, more like 4 if you consider the interior griffball playspace as it's own foundry-esque forge map. Even if you don't, three separate forge maps with their own individual pallettes is pretty spectacular. I'm looking forward to seeing a bit more variety in the forged maps than in prevous installments. I was bored to death of most of the forged maps that they rolled into Reach's matchmaking playlists.

Coxy x360a
10-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Literally can't wait! :O

Definately building race tracks first!

theNomad
10-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Merry christmas to the forge community lol damn. Three different forge maps? Well, more like 4 if you consider the interior griffball playspace as it's own foundry-esque forge map. Even if you don't, three separate forge maps with their own individual pallettes is pretty spectacular. I'm looking forward to seeing a bit more variety in the forged maps than in prevous installments. I was bored to death of most of the forged maps that they rolled into Reach's matchmaking playlists.

Theres item sets that are unique to each of the 3 forge maps, so its going to be interesting. I know a few forge guys who seem a touch sceptical at the big prefab nature of some of Impacts UNSC item set.

Personally I think it looks amazing, that 343i Impact forge map they show briefly in the video looks awesome miles more detailed than any of Reach's forge maps. So its going to great to see what seasoned pros will make of it, I'm already interested in having a round of low gravity golf on an asteroid (so long as the club'n'balls are back).

BiggD
10-14-2012, 01:08 AM
Literally can't wait! :O

Definately building race tracks first!

Make some killer tracks man.

My first two maps are going to be an original CTF Map, and a 'Cops N' Robbers' Map, with jail cells, a courtyard, café and all the little other rooms.

Cannot. Wait.

ox bigboss xo
10-14-2012, 01:12 AM
its time to forge!!!