PDA

View Full Version : Nyko Intercooler

DjK FunK
05-01-2006, 06:15 PM
How effective are these things at stopping the 3 red lights of doom?

Reapersoul
05-01-2006, 06:41 PM
They wont stop the 3 rings. If you have a defective console, you have a defective console and you might as well just bring it back to Microsoft.

What they do do is prolong the overall life of your 360 by running it at a lower temperature - something which is good for all electronics. It should also reduce the number of freezes you get when running the console.

I am going to buy one as soon as I see a UK store selling one after reading only good reviews about it.

Hope this helps.

Sarge McLarge
05-01-2006, 10:21 PM
I haven't seen one of these yet, is it basically an extra fan that goes on the back of the system?

scoobydiesel
05-02-2006, 03:53 AM
its a ghood size fan that goes on the back(like u said) it looks like it might have 2 fans, i dunno....looks really break able

g4m3r7ag
05-02-2006, 04:46 PM
heres a picture, and im definatly picking one up as soon as i see it, since i never shut my 360 off

courtesy of http://www.ebgames.com
http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lbox/802205b.jpg

scoobydiesel
05-03-2006, 12:44 AM
yeah thats it some dude at gamestop(they USE to be cool) was telling em That was the new 360 charger from M$ i was like...your an idiot....

and yeah GT your going to need more then tjust that o_O

Sarge McLarge
05-03-2006, 01:43 AM
Are an extra couple of fans really going to be that effective at lowering the internal temperature? If overheating was an issue for me I think I would much rather go the watercooling route, although it is more pricey.

KilluhKam
05-03-2006, 01:54 AM
where can u freakin buy these at??...i went 2 gamestop.com clicked on the intercooler then typed in my area code 2 see of a store near me that sells it...and ALL the gamestop's and EBgames have 0 instock and 0 on the way(thats 4 stores...we have 2 EBgames and 2 Gamestop's..we also have 2 gamecrazys's also lol i diddnt see it there either)...is there another store that might sell it?

g4m3r7ag
05-03-2006, 04:31 PM
bestbuy maybe but no one has it right now

KilluhKam
05-03-2006, 06:31 PM
how come gaming stores dont sell it?

g4m3r7ag
05-03-2006, 10:05 PM
like eb and gamestop, they do, just nobody has any in stock

PaleGringo
05-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Sup guys. Been out for a while, but it's good to see everybopdy still here. :D

I picked on of these up about two or three weeks ago from the new GameStop they just stood up about 2 miles from my house. Love it. Install is quick, doesn't jack with your cords, and as long as you have a kickin' sound system to compensate for the higher fan noise (this haas moves AIR!), you will too.

As a note, I'm on my second 360... the first one (an October of 05) degraded to the non-working hardware failure three LEDs in Feb, and my replacement one (thank you for the quick response, MS) (a Jan of 06) has run fine since. I purchased this to continue it running well, because we're getting to our hot season QUICK over here in CA. (It hit 93 yesterday... :eek: )

It could have been the generally warmer air in my living room or perhaps that the right edge of my 360 got pushed against teh side of my TV stand, but a week or two ago I was playing Oblivion and the damn 360 shut off, giving me the three Red LEDs. I powered down and tired again, same thing. I let it cool off for while and tried one more time... made it two hours and locked up again.

I thought it was the Intercooler, at first. I checked it and it didn't feel like the power cable was connected tightly. I made sure the damn thing was reseated and in the process of putting it back, moved it from the right side of ym TV stand by about 3 inches.

No more problems to report. I like to think that I'm pimping out my 360 with custom faceplates and exhaust tips. :woop:

Spartan
05-15-2006, 06:52 PM
I just picked one up today at Circuit City. They had a bunch of them. So for anyone looking to get one, circuit city is another place to check out.

Doost
05-15-2006, 06:57 PM
I'll add my endorsement. It's been a great product so far for me. In my highly unscientific testing (sticking my hand behind the console) it majorly reduces the exhaust temperature. I don't know if it will make a difference in the life of my console, but it makes me feel better.
Also, I think the nicest feature is that is switches on and off automatically with your Xbox.

Flea
05-15-2006, 08:22 PM
i bought 1 a few weeks ago
they drop the consoles temp by about 10 degrees
got mine for £15 from bowlers in manchester in the uk
:)