PDA

View Full Version : reclaiming old GT

XceptOneAlpha
09-16-2007, 03:16 PM
not exactly a X360 thread but here it goes (sorry mods if it's in the wrong place!)

One upon a time, I owned the original xbox, then I signed to xbox online with a 1 month free trial, just to play halo 2 online lol, now that was back in 2005, forgotten what email address I registered the GT to and been sending emails to Microsoft to find out how can one get their old GT's back...

So was wondering if anyone else had the same/similar problem with getting their old GT's back at all?? :(:confused:

Minty
09-16-2007, 03:24 PM
You cant get an old expired Gamertag back. They lock it into 'a vault', which it cannot be removed from.

XceptOneAlpha
09-16-2007, 03:25 PM
You cant get an old expired Gamertag back. They lock it into 'a vault', which it cannot be removed from.

:eek: Darn them! Noooo!! Oh this sucks then lol, dammit, just found stats for my old GT on Bungie's site, lol good times >.<

HiddenPandas
09-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Do you know if the gamertag named could be ever used again? You know, after a certain period of inactivity.

XceptOneAlpha
09-17-2007, 12:30 AM
Do you know if the gamertag named could be ever used again? You know, after a certain period of inactivity.

Aye, thats what I hoped on :(

SkillfulMmd
09-17-2007, 11:00 AM
i think they give u 4 months dont they?

XceptOneAlpha
09-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Well got a reply back from MS, said try recovery on the 360 so going to try that now, will let ya know if I can get it back >.<

RedstaR
09-17-2007, 12:31 PM

I believe so because back in the CSx days I played with the gamertag "RedstaR" and someone else is using "redstar" so I think that after a period of time the name can be reused... but I can't be 100% sure thats how it works.