PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 Hype Officially out of Control

Mike Mosca
09-16-2007, 05:44 PM
just saw a commercial on the discovery channel for a HALO 3 THEMED FUTURE WEAPONS September 17th at 8pm Eastern that will basically go over all the weapons in halo and their real life counterparts.

THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!shift!!!?!

My god....Watch out Lifetime network, The chief is coming for you next :uzi::confused:

KMB 316
09-16-2007, 05:45 PM
you know that will improve their ratings, they did the same for gears i believe. if you dont like it, dont watch it.

Mike Mosca
09-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Oh i am a die hard halo fan, I WILL watch it....but seriously come on now.

I feel all this hype really is going to end up hurting the game as everyones expectations are going to be way too unrealistic even if the game ends up being perfect.

Andrew14man
09-16-2007, 06:18 PM
I know exactly what you mean, it's EVERYWHERE!

Bluntman428
09-16-2007, 06:50 PM
That Halo 3 Mountain Dew is selling out like crazy at the gas station I work at.

The hype's out of control, there's ads everywhere.

Should be more ads for Call of Duty 4 imo. ;)

willcrazyiii
09-16-2007, 06:53 PM
I have yet to see a Halo 3 ad anywhere. Not even a poster! Just every time I go to Best Buy or Blockbuster they have a little pre-order sign. Seriously, I have not seen any "hype" except on this forum!

It's going to be great, try not to worry about the hype.

Fonkey Monkey
09-16-2007, 06:54 PM
it was out of control a long time ago.
seriuosly guys halo is NOTHING SPECIAL. damn.

Bullet2theface
09-16-2007, 06:59 PM
NOTHING SPECIAL?!?!11?!!?!1 I SAY HANG HIM!!!!

SkillfulMmd
09-16-2007, 07:47 PM
i cant wait for halo 3 to die im sick of that game getting all the attention. just think all the other games missing out on the spot light

death to halo 3

Cyrex
09-16-2007, 07:55 PM
i mean i really don't care about all the hype i mean what is it doing for you. So there is way to much hype but it still doesn't kill you. And skillful mind who really cares if games are not getting a bigger spot light you sill still get the game and get to play it and thats all that really matters

oneandonlytommo
09-16-2007, 07:55 PM
i agree halo 3 shouldnt get all the attention all the time. halo isnt even a good game ffs it will just turn out to be like bioshock way over hyped and wont be THAT good im telling you now :uzi:

ThrillKillBill
09-16-2007, 07:57 PM
That Halo 3 Mountain Dew is selling out like crazy at the gas station I work at.

Talk about weird....... we cannot even sell one of the halo 3 mountain dew's at the gas-station I work at....... but we are selling the hell out of blunt wraps ;)

HiddenPandas
09-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Does the Halo mountain dew taste any different? =p

Hyperion89
09-16-2007, 08:15 PM

I don't drink soda (let alone the liquid poison that is the Dew,) but friends have told me it tastes somewhat like melted gummie bears... Which worries me.

Mike Mosca
09-16-2007, 08:18 PM

Every time I have it, I hear the master chief in my head saying "Sir, Finishing this Fight."

Oh well. Tastes like victory to me.

And victory tastes exactly like livewire

HiddenPandas
09-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Mmm...melted gummy bears...

I for one prefer the sour worms :P

SkillfulMmd
09-16-2007, 08:27 PM
i dont care if a game gets hyped or not but the more it does the better for the game

Nick G 42390
09-16-2007, 08:31 PM

Ya, I've bought my fair share of that soda since it's been out. But not cuz it has Halo on it, I drink it because everytime mountain dew has a nw flavor I love it. The pitch black was the greatest dew ever.

I agree about the Call Of Duty 4. I'm loving that beta man. That game is gonna be so good.

Mike Mosca
09-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Quick money making idea: Bring two 24 packs (bottles not cans) of mountain dew soda to midnight release. Sell for $2 each. This will pay for your limited edition of halo 3 as the two 24 packs will set you back around $20

If anyone does this on the line I am on I will be rather ticked off

maximumpain21
09-16-2007, 10:41 PM
you guys are right the hype is crazy its a bit out of control but then again it is HALO

antilucid
09-17-2007, 12:04 AM
Video games in the infecting the main stream? Who would have thought that would ever happen? ;) Plus if you listened to Mr. Thompson, we are all playing murder simulators! :drunk

But in all seriousness, I have noticed a lot of hype for Halo but it has not bothered me a bit.

Glyndinn
09-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Heh, I've gotten pretty used to seeing Halo everywhere I go lately.

On my commute to school, I hear commercials on the radio for the Game Fuel that will let me "Finish the Fight". Then when I get to school I see advertisements for a Halo 3 launch party at the University center. I turn On-Demand on Comcast on, and they have a segment about Halo 3.

The list goes on and on. It must be effective though, because I wasn't really planning on playing this when it came out, but now I really want to. :)

BackerMan
09-17-2007, 02:42 AM
There's already comic books and it taken place between halo 2 and halo 3. I wouldn't be surpise to see Halo cartoon tv then a movie in the future. I saw halo shoes at walmart too.

Blind x360a
09-17-2007, 02:46 AM
I seen a commercial during the ravens game. =/

Stickreid
09-17-2007, 02:48 AM
I see commercials on g4tv all the time and I just saw this commercial Im so guna watch this its guna be SICK!

Mr Hey
09-17-2007, 03:24 AM
9 more days, get over the hype, and just play the game. I dont pay too much attention, the only thing that bothers me are all the humongous fat losers at my school who never shut up about it.

Jdm
09-17-2007, 06:07 AM
That's the Halo Hype for you.

Even when and after the game is released, the hype will still be there. I will NOT be joining the hype as I plan to be one of the last people to buy Halo 3. See you guys next year.;)

SkillfulMmd
09-17-2007, 09:15 AM
yeah there i only 1 reason im going to buy halo 3 (wen i do) is to get the cool box set to join my gaming collection i probally wont even play the game ill be intrested in other game like naruto and assains creed

Clipse 2
09-17-2007, 10:01 AM
I don't care about all the hype, I just don't pay that much attention unless something is eye catching. Personally I like the commercials and really enjoyed the long diorama commercial, granted they'll agree that is is a climatic battle in the war we haven't heard if it will actually have anything to do with the game. The soda/energy drinks, Nascar race, all the other crap I can't think of right now just doesn't interest me. I'm getting the game to "finish the fight" and sure I'll play a few online games but as soon as COD4 comes out my copy of Halo 3 will be shelved most of the time.

RedstaR
09-17-2007, 10:42 AM
I think that hype is what makes a game great and having so much for one single game makes it better, Bungie won't dissapoint all the new features... the game is gonna be amazing.

And about the new Mountain Dew, it tastes like water with a million melted orange sweet tarts to me, thats about it.

antilucid
09-17-2007, 04:22 PM
And about the new Mountain Dew, it tastes like water with a million melted orange sweet tarts to me, thats about it. I was thinking Starburst myself.

p4in redefined
09-18-2007, 07:46 PM

take it back!! take it back now!! lol

im in the uk and theres like next to nothing of Halo 3 over here theres some posters in the gaming shops but thats about it.