PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 Leaked [May contain SPOILERS]

oriic
10-11-2012, 09:07 PM
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst120343_Go-Dark--NOW--Halo-4-Leaked----No-Links.aspx

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=TNT%20TOBERICK

Or just a journalist. :D XD

iBuzz7S
10-11-2012, 10:44 PM
http://speedcap.net/sharing/671/99e2c151f41606525018dd4079ba37d3.png

http://speedcap.net/sharing/671/a88b09a444f81c55a25ccc128bd69675.png

http://speedcap.net/sharing/671/d986cf6a0d11a0c633fd5745c1001801.png

Let the butthurting and "ZOMG PIRATE" rumours begin. Once again, Microsoft for some fucking reason ships their own AAA game weeks early and people get their hands on it.

They didn't learn from Halo 3: ODST or Reach.

TRAGICTRIXIE
10-11-2012, 11:43 PM
It might be game reviewers who get the game early, it can't be leaked. If it was leaked microsoft would kill whoever has stolen copies for sure

iBuzz7S
10-12-2012, 12:00 AM
It might be game reviewers who get the game early, it can't be leaked. If it was leaked microsoft would kill whoever has stolen copies for sure
From what I've been reading, something to do with the LE was/is in Mexico, where these guys are from.

Someone had uploaded a video of the game disc being inserted into the disc drive and that video was removed by Microsoft.

Edit.
I was right, kinda. The soundtrack for the game is on soundcould. Also.....

Halo 4 Full Game Leaked - YouTube

OceanH
10-12-2012, 12:42 AM
From what I've been reading, something to do with the LE was/is in Mexico, where these guys are from.

Well, 99% of the Xbox 360 games are made in Mexico (see the small sticker on the back bottom packaging).

theNomad
10-12-2012, 01:58 AM
Well theres always gonna be someway a mega title will leak, be it game, music LP or movie dvd. It's either a promo copy found its way into the wrong hands or someone at a disc pressing plant or storage warehouse as managed to sneak a copy out.

I just really hope we don't get massive campaign spoilers now, for us guys who don't mind waiting and buying it.

iBuzz7S
10-12-2012, 04:37 AM
Well, 99% of the Xbox 360 games are made in Mexico (see the small sticker on the back bottom packaging).
I've got an NTSC game and I don't see anything like that. Maybe I am missing the sticker, or this is something new? Dunno.

I just really hope we don't get massive campaign spoilers now, for us guys who don't mind waiting and buying it.
Nothing massive, but intro videos have been uploaded and removed. 5 from the last time I checked.

OceanH
10-12-2012, 08:56 AM
I've got an NTSC game and I don't see anything like that. Maybe I am missing the sticker, or this is something new? Dunno...

It's usually on the bottom back of the packaging, not the cover of the case but some do have the "Made in Mexico" printed in digital dark blue at the bottom back cover. Google "xbox 360 made in mexico" and you'll see it as the first result.

xXmyxxmastaXx
10-12-2012, 09:05 AM
pm links or it didnt happen

Snowed
10-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Let the butthurting and "ZOMG PIRATE" rumours begin. Once again, Microsoft for some fucking reason ships their own AAA game weeks early and people get their hands on it.

They didn't learn from Halo 3: ODST or Reach.

[/CENTER]

For the record, there was a box of the game stolen from the factory and sold on the streets.

iBuzz7S
10-13-2012, 04:16 AM
Okay, Microsoft have got their security and law enforcement involved with the investigation. Rumour is that a copy or copies were stolen and this is how the game has officially been leaked.

Be careful of spoilers, whether it be on X360A, YouTube, or any other forum.

I'll just leave this here.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4510/2222qd.png

Looks pretty.

OceanH
10-13-2012, 05:01 AM
pm links or it didnt happen

For the record, there was a box of the game stolen from the factory and sold on the streets.

Okay, Microsoft have got their security and law enforcement involved with the investigation. Rumour is that a copy or copies were stolen and this is how the game has officially been leaked.

Be careful of spoilers, whether it be on X360A, YouTube, or any other forum.

I'll just leave this here.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4510/2222qd.png

Looks pretty.

http://kotaku.com/5951444/microsoft-investigating-purported-halo-4-leaks

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/10/12/microsoft-investigating-possible-halo-4-leak.aspx

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/181zjv49qbew3jpg/original.jpg

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/microsoft/halo/halo4/leak/Untitled-1.jpg

Guildclaws
10-13-2012, 06:22 AM

It's leaked, pirates are playing it right now so expect spoilers on youtube, i really didn't expect this to leaked so early.

iBuzz7S
10-13-2012, 06:31 AM
i really didn't expect this to leaked so early.
Halo 2 - leaked
Halo 3 - leaked
Halo 3: ODST - leaked
Halo: Reach - leaked

How exactly did you not expect it? All have been leaked with over 2 weeks to release.

I watched the first mission and it looks AMAZING!

Son of Kyuss
10-13-2012, 06:32 AM
It sucks that we have to go dark with 4 weeks left till release, but everything I've seen so far, that being most of the level Forerunner, has me even more excited now.

oriic
10-13-2012, 06:34 AM
Halo 4 torrent is out... :( I am sad...

Guildclaws
10-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Halo 2 - leaked
Halo 3 - leaked
Halo 3: ODST - leaked
Halo: Reach - leaked

How exactly did you not expect it? All have been leaked with over 2 weeks to release.

I watched the first mission and it looks AMAZING!
I don't really pay much attention to (name of the game) is leaked news other than this.

EnteringtheCosmos
10-13-2012, 09:52 AM
People have completed it already and are posting spoilers on other forums, youtube etc..Just a warning.

Jet1337
10-13-2012, 10:07 AM
It sucks that we have to go dark with 4 weeks

No, that only applies to lonely men who live on internet forums.

24 days is nothing. Borderlands 2 DLC plus Doom 3: BFG can make those days seem like minutes.

iBuzz7S
10-13-2012, 02:33 PM
The CG is un-fucking-believable! The graphics? YUM! And people still bitch and moan about this generation being old and games looking outdated. LOL!

I saw the ending, but I won't say anything about it. Obviously we're in for 2 more Halo games, so it is going to be quite interesting.

McDurbin
10-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Edit: Damn, someone already snitched and reported the guy for streaming the game early. I don't like jealous people who can't just enjoy the stream and choose to report it because they don't have the game.

sanctusmortis
10-13-2012, 10:17 PM
I can post Mediafire links to the ending and Legendary scene if people want it, but you shouldn't, you should play the damn game. Seriously, I have seen them yes, but the game will make it work in context.

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Hardly a leak. Game is out in like two weeks... Prob just reviews

If people are torrenting ect. They're dicks

Cinderkin
10-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Hardly a leak. Game is out in like two weeks... Prob just reviews

If people are torrenting ect. They're dicks

Game is out Nov 6th. That's 4 weeks not 2.

The game leaked I got to play it and I was blown away with the graphics. The CG damn near looked like live action. Gameplay is great too. I wasn't going to buy it but it looks like a next gen title. Microsoft put some serious money into this bad boy.

theNomad
10-13-2012, 11:03 PM
:mad:
FUCK FUCK FUCK... so now I've gotta put up with 4 weeks worth of guys I hang out on irc with, and a few guys in my local pub spoiling the game for me. As they know I'm a big halo fan.

And when I come to multiplayer theres already 100's of thousands of players who've had a month to learn the ins and outs of the maps for all the spawns and how the new weapons work best (I always feel like I'm coming from behind when it comes to MP games).

I knew it would have been impossible to not leak at some period, but an whole month is really disheartening for a fan who doesn't have a hacked 360 to wait. Already rumors some guys have finished it legendary and posted the endings videos.

McDurbin
10-13-2012, 11:15 PM
I doubt many will be playing multiplayer. If you connect to live with anything but a legit copy you'll get your console banned. I doubt there are many who have legit copies at this moment.

iBuzz7S
10-13-2012, 11:52 PM
I doubt many will be playing multiplayer. If you connect to live with anything but a legit copy you'll get your console banned. I doubt there are many who have legit copies at this moment.
According to reports, there are no legit copies. They were stolen and even though you have no idea of this, you are labelled a thief and you will get a console ban.

As for people playing MP, some idiots went online. The thing that gets to me is that the contents of disc 2 can be downloaded from XBL, weeks before launch. Why even make it available in the first place?

BiggD
10-14-2012, 01:05 AM
Fuck the leaks and spoilers.

I'm going dark until the 6th.

23 Days, 3 Hours & 56 Minutes.

I'm gonna go finish Glasslands and pick up The Thursday War in the 3 weeks we have left.

McDurbin
10-14-2012, 01:34 AM
According to reports, there are no legit copies. They were stolen and even though you have no idea of this, you are labelled a thief and you will get a console ban.

As for people playing MP, some idiots went online. The thing that gets to me is that the contents of disc 2 can be downloaded from XBL, weeks before launch. Why even make it available in the first place?
Well I just meant that had an actual copy of the game and not a copy they burned to a DVD. So do they say other games are stolen when people buy them from local game stores that don't care about breaking street dates?

People actually downloaded disc 2? Wow, on top of being an idiot and playing it online, they downloaded stuff from xbox live so if microsoft didn't notice they had halo 4 then they defiantly do now.

xxJUSTINxx
10-14-2012, 03:37 AM
Man Halo can not get a break with massive pre-release leaks. I'll probably stay away from all Halo videos like I have for a while now. I have Borderlands 2 DLC soon then Doom 3 and need to finish Dishonored.

iBuzz7S
10-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Well I just meant that had an actual copy of the game and not a copy they burned to a DVD. So do they say other games are stolen when people buy them from local game stores that don't care about breaking street dates?

People actually downloaded disc 2? Wow, on top of being an idiot and playing it online, they downloaded stuff from xbox live so if microsoft didn't notice they had halo 4 then they defiantly do now.
Sorry, I think there was a little confusion. Should of worded my post a little better.

You are right, it was a legitimate disc.

I dunno how Microsoft go about labelling someone a thief, but an article on Examiner made it pretty clear that one of the guys in Mexico IS a thief, even though no one knows how exactly he obtained the copy.

MS are in damage control and it is sad, but not for Microsoft. I feel sorry for all the guys and girls at 343 who spent years working on the game.

H0p3sfalL
10-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Well since I have no will power I'll go check some of the vids out. plus with just watching forward unto dawn ep2, I'm just pumped :) .

McDurbin
10-14-2012, 04:26 PM
MS are in damage control and it is sad, but not for Microsoft. I feel sorry for all the guys and girls at 343 who spent years working on the game.
Why feel sorry? I never understood in the first place why they set a release date but know they'll finish and have the copies made well before then and just sit back and promote the game to make people want it more.

SK L4xX
10-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Guys just mod your consoles and you can play it now whats the big deal...neither modding your console nor downloading the game is illegal as long as you have the original...if you have pre ordered it you allready paid for the game...so no worrys

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-14-2012, 06:55 PM
I was thinking of assassins creed :p My bad.

McDurbin
10-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Looks like 343 or microsoft is taking action on the leaked copies. I saw it yesterday on kickass torrents and when I searched for it today its no longer there. It said it was removed due to copyright.

ajennice
10-14-2012, 08:38 PM
That sucks. Our store didn't get ours in yet. Was schedlued for this weekend too!!!...

onyxguard11
10-14-2012, 09:14 PM
yeah i kinda hope the people that have these copies and leaked shit all over youtube,ect. get a fatass 100,000 dollar fine >:/ dont steal shit that doesnt belong to you

Freebird314
10-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Don't be so ignorant. Playing the game early does not guarantee a console/account ban. You CAN get banned but it's not guaranteed.

BiggD
10-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Why can't everybody just wait until the 6th :( I've never understood why people need to get their hands on the game days, or even weeks before it's released. I'm completely content waiting the next 22 days to get my copy. No rush needed.

Eski Boi
10-14-2012, 11:05 PM
Bragging rights

iBuzz7S
10-15-2012, 12:40 AM
Why feel sorry? I never understood in the first place why they set a release date but know they'll finish and have the copies made well before then and just sit back and promote the game to make people want it more.
I feel sorry for the developer because they spent years working on the game, only for Microsoft to once again drop the ball and fuck 'em around.

I don't feel sorry for Microsoft, I feel sorry for 343i.

That sucks. Our store didn't get ours in yet. Was schedlued for this weekend too!!!...
Still never got the name of your store for those who would be interested in getting early copies. You went MIA about a month ago and avoided the question last time.

yeah i kinda hope the people that have these copies and leaked shit all over youtube,ect. get a fatass 100,000 dollar fine >:/ dont steal shit that doesnt belong to you
It's pathetic how things work. They know you have something you shouldn't, so instead of coming down hard, their lawyers send a C&D (cease & desist) letter.

Don't be so ignorant. Playing the game early does not guarantee a console/account ban. You CAN get banned but it's not guaranteed.
Explain that to the person who asked one of the first few guys playing Halo 4 online where they got it from and if they are willing to leak it. Permanent suspension of the profile.

Kal_El
10-15-2012, 12:46 AM
i don't see why anyone is making a big deal about this..it happened with halo reach and odst..so y is it a surprise? microsoft needs to take better care is all i can say.

ajennice
10-15-2012, 01:11 AM
IBUZZ, I never went MIA.. just refused acknowledging you.

iBuzz7S
10-15-2012, 01:26 AM
i don't see why anyone is making a big deal about this..it happened with halo reach and odst..so y is it a surprise? microsoft needs to take better care is all i can say.
Because it should not of happened a third time, especially when it is a game that is exclusive and it sells consoles.

It is inevitable, it was bound to happen, but wouldn't you consider spending an extra million dollars and not hire cheap labour to save millions of dollars? Because Microsoft wouldn't. :p

McDurbin
10-15-2012, 03:08 AM
It's not stealing as long as you still buy a copy. ;) Some people like to try before they buy and if there is no demo for it then downloading the full game is a good choice. Other people do it just so they can get a head start to being first to complete.

Pirating PC games is real common, I don't get why its different for consoles. Perhaps because not everyone can do it without having to alter the console?

ckleckner
10-15-2012, 03:53 AM
i dont know how people can beat it on legendary already im stuck on halo reach mission 3 on legendary its really hard.

ajennice
10-15-2012, 04:02 AM
It's not stealing as long as you still buy a copy. ;) Some people like to try before they buy and if there is no demo for it then downloading the full game is a good choice. Other people do it just so they can get a head start to being first to complete.

Pirating PC games is real common, I don't get why its different for consoles. Perhaps because not everyone can do it without having to alter the console?

So... if you buy a car and in the process of having it delivered, you go to the lot, jump in a car and drive off in it, that's OK? I( mean, you've already paid for one..

Homaz
10-15-2012, 04:44 AM
They just don't learn of their misstakes -_-'

xxJUSTINxx
10-15-2012, 06:38 AM
A bunch of pirates are getting profile and console banned as we speak.

COV GREGS
10-15-2012, 02:32 PM
On watching the short menu video (link below) I happy to report that the female voice over is provided by Jennifer hale AKA commander Shepard.

Happy days.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tgkboY6aEpw

Freebird314
10-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Explain that to the person who asked one of the first few guys playing Halo 4 online where they got it from and if they are willing to leak it. Permanent suspension of the profile.

Again, you can get banned. And showing the footage online increases your chances. But it doesn't guarantee a ban. Kind of obvious.

Freebird314
10-15-2012, 03:48 PM
So... if you buy a car and in the process of having it delivered, you go to the lot, jump in a car and drive off in it, that's OK? I( mean, you've already paid for one..

That logic doesn't apply here. You can't create a facsimile of a car at will. Games/films/albums are a different story.

xxJUSTINxx
10-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Again, you can get banned. And showing the footage online increases your chances. But it doesn't guarantee a ban. Kind of obvious.
Basically if you connect to the servers or have achievements, you have a huge chance of getting profile and console banned. Been watching a topic on another *cough* forum with users reporting in of bans.

[Ku-Ga] MasonCooper42
10-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Basically if you connect to the servers or have achievements, you have a huge chance of getting profile and console banned. Been watching a topic on another *cough* forum with users reporting in of bans.

exactly i heard that people were being banned for just messaging a guy who was playing the game or responsible for the images appearing online.

Xmoda
10-15-2012, 06:06 PM
you guys here are pretty silly from what i've read there isn't much to discuss either. full copy of halo 4 was leaked ppl with modded consoles are playing the game. by playing online right now because its so early you will be banned. but many players are playing halo 4 offline to avoid a ban. thats it

OceanH
10-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Microsoft reportedly issuing permanent bans over "illegitimate prerelease title play"

http://www.gamespot.com/news/halo-4-pirates-facing-permanent-xbl-bans-6398235

http://i.imgur.com/bbyJY.png

TERMINATOR 2452
10-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Microsoft reportedly issuing permanent bans over "illegitimate prerelease title play"

People use flashed console offline. Backup games needs to be stopped or you give your barcode off the case for one game then no more. At least it proves you own the game. ;) Or you send your scratched disc back and pay 5.64 for a new disc.

http://backupgames.net/ 5.64 for halo 4 wow ,what do i have to pay when its out 40-50 :(

BiggD
10-15-2012, 09:42 PM
I think you guys are caring too much about this. If you weren't one of the ones who 'stole' the copy or got banned, then simply stop worrying and just wait the remaining 21 days!

Barad
10-15-2012, 10:26 PM
I'll get this on release but wait till Christmas night to play it! :p

PATIENCE PEOPLE!

xxJUSTINxx
10-15-2012, 11:10 PM
People use flashed console offline. Backup games needs to be stopped or you give your barcode off the case for one game then no more. At least it proves you own the game. ;) Or you send your scratched disc back and pay 5.64 for a new disc.

5.64 for halo 4 wow ,what do i have to pay when its out 40-50 :(
I'd remove the link. It is kinda supporting the pirate life. Oh and the reason why its so cheap is because DVD's cost a few cents each. ;3

McDurbin
10-15-2012, 11:21 PM

Why the hell would they ban the account? If they ban the account then they'd piss the person off and they may not play xbox again. It'd make more sense to ban the console, then they'd go and buy another one so microsoft makes profit.

OceanH
10-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Why the hell would they ban the account? If they ban the account then they'd piss the person off and they may not play xbox again. It'd make more sense to ban the console, then they'd go and buy another one so microsoft makes profit.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/15/halo-4-pirates-being-banned-from-xbox-live/

They're banning the account AND the console.

McDurbin
10-16-2012, 02:03 AM
I know, I read the article that was in the post I quoted. I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to ban the account as that person may get pissed and not bother with xbox anymore. If they just ban the console then that person goes and buys another console so microsoft wins.

iBuzz7S
10-16-2012, 02:52 AM
LOL! Just read that someone had their flashed console and all other legitimate consoles within the household banned from Xbox LIVE.

Microsoft ain't playing around when it comes to their own games. Such a shame they don't treat every game like that.

ponypo2001
10-16-2012, 03:02 AM
Microsoft ain't playing around when it comes to their own games. Such a shame they don't treat every game like that.

Cannot echo this sentiment stronger. If only they were this vigilant with all piracy on the machine, they'd have so much more respect from me. As it is, they only ever do anything when it's Halo, COD or Gears of War.

Seriously MS, just brick the console and nuke the gamertag of anyone with a flashed console. MS purport to know when someone is using a flashed machine online so why don't they back it up and actually do something. Piracy is a curse on the gaming industry right now.

BeyondTheVoid
10-16-2012, 03:18 AM
just ignore the leak,wait for the game and play it, no big deal

BeyondTheVoid
10-16-2012, 03:21 AM
Cannot echo this sentiment stronger. If only they were this vigilant with all piracy on the machine, they'd have so much more respect from me. As it is, they only ever do anything when it's Halo, COD or Gears of War.

Seriously MS, just brick the console and nuke the gamertag of anyone with a flashed console. MS purport to know when someone is using a flashed machine online so why don't they back it up and actually do something. Piracy is a curse on the gaming industry right now.

piracy is running rampant on xbox but,did you know you can play online with pirate games?lot's of people pay for GOLD membership but use pirate games,i believe microsoft would lose money if they banned everyone who use flashed consoles

BiggD
10-16-2012, 03:49 AM
just ignore the leak,wait for the game and play it, no big deal

Exactly. People are getting too hung up on this scandel. Just let it go lol.

ajennice
10-16-2012, 03:56 AM
LOL! Just read that someone had their flashed console and all other legitimate consoles within the household banned from Xbox LIVE.

Source??????

LordXaero
10-16-2012, 06:52 AM
I laugh in the face at anyone who has pirated Halo 4, and then got their account and console banned. Serves them right.

While I'll be playing Halo 4 on release date, they'll be trying to scrounge up pennies to buy their new Xbox and account.

Patience pays off people. Is it really worth getting your account, and console banned just to play a game four weeks early for what, bragging rights?

Idiots will be idiots.

Hishoa
10-16-2012, 07:35 AM
I laugh in the face at anyone who has pirated Halo 4, and then got their account and console banned. Serves them right.

While I'll be playing Halo 4 on release date, they'll be trying to scrounge up pennies to buy their new Xbox and account.

Patience pays off people. Is it really worth getting your account, and console banned just to play a game four weeks early for what, bragging rights?

Idiots will be idiots.

Most pirates would simply play Halo 4 offline and then flash their console before they get online prior to launch date. That's what I've come to understand from perusing the Se7enSins forum.

There's also nothing stopping them from playing Halo 4 through an Xbox 360 emulator on their computers, which conveniently support wired Xbox 360 controllers. So at the end of the day, a good percentage of these pirates aren't even risking a banned account or console and still enjoying everything Halo has to offer. And even if their console is banned, I believe all they need to do is switch out their keyvaults and they're good to go again. That's how people side-stepped console bans during the JTAG craze of Modern Warfare 2.

Many are actually playing War Games together over PC with the use of Tunngle's LAN function. For Xbox 360, they're utilizing XBSLink to play with one another.

Eski Boi
10-16-2012, 08:57 AM
I am pretty confident of my game arriving early, pre-ordered from a website that pretty much guarantees it early. 1 or 2 days playing before release will be okay and won't warren a ban? It's a legit copy so I don't see why not ..

Burnout x360a
10-16-2012, 09:03 AM
I am pretty confident of my game arriving early, pre-ordered from a website that pretty much guarantees it early. 1 or 2 days playing before release will be okay and won't warren a ban? It's a legit copy so I don't see why not ..

Legitimately purchased copies don't get you banned.

ajennice
10-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Legitimately purchased copies don't get you banned.

At this point (console and account ban) is it worth the risk? The letter scanned earlier in this post says there is no way of overturtning the ban. So if you're early a LEGIT copy and get caught in a mistake.... you're up the creek!
I would somehow contact XBOX and ask them about playing legit copies early. Just to get some sort of definate answer now.

TERMINATOR 2452
10-16-2012, 03:41 PM
I'd remove the link. It is kinda supporting the pirate life. Oh and the reason why its so cheap is because DVD's cost a few cents each. ;3

its all legal. Why should people be able to get the game early for 6 .I know they say as long as you own the game but they wont check. Once someone gets one of these disc there not copy right protected , so you can copy it and upload the files online for people to download free. :mad:

syn201
10-16-2012, 04:09 PM

I call bullshit on the legit consoles being banned .
4 consoles one flashed 3 retail all banned I do not buy it..

Edit unless the dick head used the same profile with h4 on it,on all 4 xbox's,why people even need to Play games this early is beyond me .

After looking round the ms banned and suspension forum people have used there main account to play this game,bright people :) ..

ajennice
10-16-2012, 09:47 PM

Edit unless the dick head used the same profile with h4 on it,on all 4 xbox's,why people even need to Play games this early is beyond me .

After looking round the ms banned and suspension forum people have used there main account to play this game,bright people :) ..

I call BS too.. would love to see the link to this story.

iBuzz7S
10-17-2012, 11:07 PM
I called BS too, but then I looked around the official Xbox forums. ;)

Seems like as you said, people are using the same profile on an unmodified console and Microsoft are just wiping them off of LIVE without any hesitation. Funny thing is, they don't do it with every game, which kinda shows how pathetic they are with their own product.

ajennice
10-17-2012, 11:51 PM
What I hate about the whole MS ban/suspension thing is the fact they do not have to tell you percicely why YOU GOT THE HAMMER. They use the same vague cuat and paste replies for every answer. Maybe somone didn't know they were violating a certain rule. But after they live out the suspension or create a new account, they unknowingly commit the same infringement. I know that using a pirated disk is a no brainer, but when it comes to the stores getting their and employees bringing home copies, how safe are those going to be before release day. What (if any), issues will be seen, addressed, and corrected if LEGIT copies get consoles/accounts banned. Remember this is MS. They think they're hiugher than anyone and act that way as well. Punjab will read his card and repeat what you say (and say " I'm sorry to hear that" 20 times), but never help you. If anyone recalls a kid in FT GAY, WV was banned for using GAY in his motto/location. When he notified Xbox, he said it was a legit towna nd asked them to google amp it. they didn't lift a finger to assist the kid and then he took legal actions to get it fixed. I mean if they wouldn't look up a legit location on a internet site, they sure as hell won't be listening to players sating thier copy was legit. Even if they have proof of purchase. I'd just beware of playing ANY of halo 4 copy untill the official street release Online or off.....

DEG23
10-18-2012, 12:31 AM
^^^^Next time, paragraphs & spell checker;)

If you read the T&C's you should have a decent understanding of what action caused you get banned. As for the legitimacy of MS's decision that may need clarification.

I don't see why people complain when they break the rules. If you don't like it, don't involve yourself with the company or their products.

ajennice
10-18-2012, 01:25 AM
easier to edit/type when not on a iphone....LOL

I can see a decent understanding, but some of the descrtiptions are waay out there. "no offensive language".. Ok, so what may be offensive to you, may not be for others, whose to judge.
Again, thier descriptions of what was done to cause the bans/suspension outside of blatent obvious reasons, seem like entrapment. Kind of like me seeing you wearing red shorts and scorning you for it saying "your actions are deemed inappropriate" and refusing to elaborate on what I mean. Of course you think hard and think that you've found why you were punished. You get caught again wearing red shorts and boom.. I'm on you again. BUT, if I told you specifically why the first time, you could avoind wearing red shorts.
And since they do not let you appeal or get anything reviewed, you're basically screwed if you're punished by mistake. I knwo that say they don't make mistakes, but it's MS...LOL...RROD warranty increases, disc scratching law suits lost, Windows 2000 and a ton of updates for crashing OS's deem them guilty of mistakes.
Back to H$ topic, I'm just wondering how many players will get banned or suspended with legit copies. May not be a single player... may be several.

Barad
10-18-2012, 02:29 AM
Account/console/LIVE ban all sounds about right, shouldn't be playing games early anyway and if most are stolen copies then what the hell..jump online and you deserve what you get.

Only game I've ever played before release date was Modern Warfare 2, and that was only the night before on singleplayer. :p Guess playing that close before release wouldn't even matter but a different matter when you go online.

Frozenghost001
10-18-2012, 02:44 AM
damn, they've gotten a lot stricter! me, being a previous owner of a flashed xbox, am actually surprised they're being this harsh on Halo 4. i mean, i played Halo Reach and Black Ops over a week early and nothing happened, but then again your compairing a week to like 3 weeks.

but they deserve it. games should not be leaked this early. didnt they just announce it went gold last week?

Ty-Rex
10-18-2012, 03:08 AM
damn, they've gotten a lot stricter! me, being a previous owner of a flashed xbox, am actually surprised they're being this harsh on Halo 4. i mean, i played Halo Reach and Black Ops over a week early and nothing happened, but then again your compairing a week to like 3 weeks.
Well that's the thing. People who pirated the game can just blend in with the crowd who bought their copies legitimately from retailers who broke street dates. Idiots playing it before the game has even been shipped to stores are just begging for a ban.

Nicho66las
10-18-2012, 03:15 AM
If it was leaked microsoft would kill whoever has stolen copies for sure
http://www.rdox.info/01.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/02.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/8.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/9.jpg

xXmyxxmastaXx
10-18-2012, 03:27 AM
If it was leaked microsoft would kill whoever has stolen copies for sure
http://www.rdox.info/01.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/02.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/8.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/9.jpg

kill them by making them pay for gold

xxJUSTINxx
10-18-2012, 06:44 PM

Idiots will be idiots.
Not to be a dick but most pirates I know get consoles for around $50-70 and Gold is only around $30 or so for the year if you know people or find sales. So they always save in the end anyways.

ajennice
10-19-2012, 05:44 AM
Not to be a dick but most pirates I know get consoles for around $50-70 and Gold is only around $30 or so for the year if you know people or find sales. So they always save in the end anyways.

Yeah, most pirates could care less about playing on LIVE. They've got thier own portals set up to lay without LIVE. Their rush is just bucking the system. Pirate like to get things for free. Getting banned from LIVE actually would make them feel a bit better that they don't have to pay for that anymore.
And yes most pirates get consoles cheap. they buy RROD/disk issue...etc ones for just a few bucks and repair them.
You can sometimes spot them just by checking craigslist. You'll se lists for repair/modding, or buying broken consoles. Some are legit flips but most buy, mod and keep a surplus.

As of now there is even a way to NOT get banned from playing early. If you've played offline and have not been online since, you just delete the H4 files, copy your games folder to a USB, delete your GT,format the drive recover it, and then reinsert your saved games folder. Basically, the LIVE system doesn't get the info you've played halo since you've not been online so when you recover, they've go no stamps that you've ever played.

OR... Just wait till it's out and you won't have to go through that crap.

Hamwinkie
10-20-2012, 06:48 AM
Yeah $100 a year for unlimited games > $60 for one game.

Also some of you may remember that Forza 3 leaked a month early and accounts got banned for that so there's nothing surprising about people playing Halo and getting banned.

ajennice
10-21-2012, 02:56 AM
Well, it's obvious that there are NO Legit ( sold by store) copies around. IF you have any evidence (cheeves, game history, posted videos..etc), you've definately got an Illegimate copy. SO MS can assume, mostly correctly for once, that any stamps of having played H4 is a result of getting the game online and playing on a modded console. Guilt by assocoiation. My question is, when store start getting their copies in and employees take home their copies, will MS of lifted or modified the ban flagging by then? I mean how many game store employees will be brining home a copy the day their respectful locations let them have it? And if it's purchased legit and played either online or off, will that stamp still throw up the flag? And of course, if the legit copies are caught inthe crossfire, I can assume MS will deny any wrong doing and refuse to examine any case of a ban resulting from playing a LEGIT copy early.

I have sent about 5 messages to the XPET on their site asking this question.. I have gotten ZERO replies and every thread has been removed. I'd recommend even if you get a LEGIT copy early, to bite your tounge for a few days, play on a secondary storage device -offline, or something else to prevent you from getting a wrongful ban. Not saying this WILL happen, but if you've got a good gamerscore you're proud of, own a shitload of XBL titles/DLC add-ons, or don't have enough scratch to buy a new console/account, is it worth the risk of having your console banned along with your account and losing everythin under your tag???

ajennice
10-22-2012, 09:59 PM
if he gets banned, he gets banned. If not I won't lose any sleep.

But he is scared to play more.. Notice he's only got the 1 cheeve......Wonder why he won't continue playing..

OR He got wise and unplugged hs net cord before he got banned. He could plug it in, throw in a legit game and BANG... done...

Gackt
10-22-2012, 10:35 PM
I can't believe McDurbin hasn't been banned yet. He's had the game on his gamertag since the leak. He changed his privacy settings once word got out that account bans were happening.

http://www.trueachievements.com/Halo-4/achievements.htm?gamerid=70650

http://i50.tinypic.com/w2mv51.jpg

Report em to MS.

iBuzz7S
10-26-2012, 12:37 AM
What's your source for this schedule?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=394159

Game has not even been shipped yet and this is almost 2 weeks after you say it was scheduled for "this weekend".

:confused: