PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 Prologue

BiggD
10-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Contains no spoilers, not sure if it's legitimate or not. Sure does look amazing.

Leave thoughts below!

Halo 4 - Prologue - YouTube

RBmaster9345
10-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeah. Nice words as always by Halsey

BiggD
10-13-2012, 06:00 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeah. Nice words as always by Halsey

I absolutely love her attitude. Traviss portrays her as an evil, ego-centrical bitch in Glasslands (haven't read Thursday War yet) but I love Halsey.

OceanH
10-13-2012, 07:06 PM
... not sure if it's legitimate or not. ...

If you mean if it's legal to upload it, obviously not.

BiggD
10-13-2012, 07:26 PM
If you mean if it's legal to upload it, obviously not.

Not in that sense my man, haha. I simply meant, that I'm not sure if it's going to be the actual Prologue to the opening of the game.

BiggD
10-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Apologies, the video is no longer available :/

WhiteWing NL
10-13-2012, 08:19 PM
That was an AMAZING video!
So exited for the game.

Ty-Rex
10-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Sucks that the video isn't available anymore. The CG on it is incredible.

lifeexpectancy
10-13-2012, 08:45 PM
If it's like previous Halos, there is no CG. All the cutscenes are rendered on-the-fly using the in-game engine if I'm not mistaken. I could be wrong but I'm almost certain this has always been the case with Halo cutscenes.

It's a smart move too, as it takes far less disc space to have a file that tells the game what to render than it does to burn a static cutscene onto the disc.

Take Reach for instance. If you change your character's armor in the armory then play the campaign, you'll see the different armor during campaign cutscenes.

BiggD
10-13-2012, 09:00 PM
That was an AMAZING video!
So exited for the game.

Not sure if your comment includes some sarcasm since the video is removed but I'll agree that I'm super excited for Halo 4 dude :)

Sucks that the video isn't available anymore. The CG on it is incredible.

I wish it was up for at least a day so more fans could see it. It's a really good video.

If it's like previous Halos, there is no CG. All the cutscenes are rendered on-the-fly using the in-game engine if I'm not mistaken. I could be wrong but I'm almost certain this has always been the case with Halo cutscenes.

It's a smart move too, as it takes far less disc space to have a file that tells the game what to render than it does to burn a static cutscene onto the disc.

Take Reach for instance. If you change your character's armor in the armory then play the campaign, you'll see the different armor during campaign cutscenes.

I agree with most of what you mention and I'm not sure if I'm repeating what you said, but I'm almost certain that the video was a direct cinematic from the game itself.

FUCK! I wish the video was still up :(

OceanH
10-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Apologies, the video is no longer available :/

Well, any unauthorized Halo 4-related video will obviously be taken down real quick anyway.

The guys who uploads them will get into trouble as Youtube (or Google) will give out the IP addresses of the uploaders to Microsoft who is investigating.

LickableLemons7
10-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Is this it? Even though it says no spoilers, I'm not watching it. I'll just save it for launch night. Feels more special that way.

Halo 4 News - Opening Cutscene (No Spoilers) | Background Detail - YouTube

Ty-Rex
10-13-2012, 11:58 PM
I'm assuming you didn't see it, but trust me, it's definitely CG. I don't think this will actually be an in-game cutscene, but rather some sort of opening cinematic if you let the game run before you play it.

BiggD
10-14-2012, 12:51 AM
Is this it? Even though it says no spoilers, I'm not watching it. I'll just save it for launch night. Feels more special that way.

You're video has been taken down too my man. If you were able to see the video you posted, and it had an old woman in it, I won't spoil it for you, then yes that was it.

Well, any unauthorized Halo 4-related video will obviously be taken down real quick anyway.

The guys who uploads them will get into trouble as Youtube (or Google) will give out the IP addresses of the uploaders to Microsoft who is investigating.

Sucks to be him, but at least a couple of us were able to experience it for the short time it was up.

I'm assuming you didn't see it, but trust me, it's definitely CG. I don't think this will actually be an in-game cutscene, but rather some sort of opening cinematic if you let the game run before you play it.

Agreed. Don't want spoilers...so I will not mention names, but I thought the old woman was so...real. It was amazing

WhiteWing NL
10-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Not sure if your comment includes some sarcasm since the video is removed but I'll agree that I'm super excited for Halo 4 dude :)

I wish it was up for at least a day so more fans could see it. It's a really good video.

I agree with most of what you mention and I'm not sure if I'm repeating what you said, but I'm almost certain that the video was a direct cinematic from the game itself.

FUCK! I wish the video was still up :(

Haha no im not being sarcastic, i watched the trailer before it got removes by microsoft ;)

BiggD
10-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Haha no im not being sarcastic, i watched the trailer before it got removes by microsoft ;)

Well then sweeeet! The prologue gave me chills man, 343i knows how to please the community.