PDA

View Full Version : Designing Infinity Multiplayer

RBmaster9345
10-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Making Halo 4: Infinity Multiplayer - YouTube

Sweet video, what are your guys' thoughts?

BiggD
10-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Sweet video, what are your guys' thoughts?

I'm just going to point out a couple key parts that I enjoyed watching.

PROS
- The Flagsassanations, new features in Oddball, and Dominion look brilliant.
- @ around 1:47, I liked how it showed how the Spartan soldiers' armor is applied (especially since I just read about it in Glasslands).
- The whole leveling system with armor abilities/mods looks promising.
- Glad to see the Flag Carrier is armed now.
- Flood mode looks amazing, I love what they've done with it. Blurred vision, eerie music & a bone-claw!!
- Forge. My Thursday & Friday nights will be consumed by this mode alone.
- Spartan Ops section of this video blew me away. Graphically and narratively, it looked amazing.
- Specializations are a great idea, I'm looking towards choosing the Engineer or Operator ones.
- 12:04 on gave me goosebumps

CONS
- My only complaints are Killcams and 'Joining-in-Progress.' I personally always felt that Halo was better suited without these features.

RBmaster9345
10-14-2012, 10:39 PM
CONS
- My only complaints are Killcams and 'Joining-in-Progress.' I personally always felt that Halo was better suited without these features.

Yeah I got pissed when I saw the join in progress part. That was always so good so you dont join a match thats already been decided or get some dickbiscuit on your team.

I dont really have a problem with killcams. One thing I like about this installment is they've implemented some on the things that make CoD fun, but only on such a level that its still entirely Halo.

BiggD
10-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Yeah I got pissed when I saw the join in progress part...I dont really have a problem with killcams. One thing I like about this installment is they've implemented some on the things that make CoD fun, but only on such a level that its still entirely Halo.

Yeah man, it was better when it was a 4v4, but then say 2 people on the other team left making it a 4v2. Since other players couldn't join, this would change the dynamic of the match and sometimes result in an insane comeback or an embarrassing defeat lol.

As for Killcams, I see where you're coming from. I may not like the idea of them now, but I'm sure they won't be a huge bother during multiplayer, especially if you can quickly skip them with a simple button tap.

ReverendSID
10-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Awesome video. Really looking forward to all this, though I know campaign will be finished before the multiplayer is touched. I don't mind the idea of killcams so much, sometimes I really do want to know who killed me and how, and I know they can be skipped from some NYCC videos I saw. So the folks who mind them don't have to deal with them.

As for join in progress, I can kinda see where you're coming from. Being the person who joins a game that's almost over can be annoying, so hopefully there will be some kind of limiters that keep that from happening too often. But on the other side of it, being the only person left on a team against a full team is pretty annoying too. Heck, even being on the full team with only one person left on the other team can be annoying, it's certainly boring. I think that as long as it lets you know the game is already in progress and gives you time to back out without penalty it'd be good.

Frozenghost001
10-14-2012, 11:53 PM
...where's the 10th MP map? :'(

EDIT: nvm, Vortex was spotted in the trailer a few times i missed it the first time i watched it.

BiggD
10-15-2012, 01:33 AM
Awesome video. Really looking forward to all this, though I know campaign will be finished before the multiplayer is touched.

Agreed. I do this for every Halo game.

Since it's inception in 2001, Halo has always been about the story, for me at least. I'm a huge multiplayer guy, and always put in countless of hours when I get home from work, but what I really love about Halo, and am looking forward to in Halo 4, is the story.

After reading all the novels minus The Thursday War, I am diving deep into the campaign first day. I want to learn more about the Chief, as a human. More about Cortana, and The Forerunner themselves. I have never been so excited for a game.

RBmaster9345
10-15-2012, 01:43 AM
Since it's inception in 2001, Halo has always been about the story, for me at least. I'm a huge multiplayer guy, and always put in countless of hours when I get home from work, but what I really love about Halo, and am looking forward to in Halo 4, is the story.

After reading all the novels minus The Thursday War, I am diving deep into the campaign first day. I want to learn more about the Chief, as a human. More about Cortana, and The Forerunner themselves. I have never been so excited for a game.

Likewise. I freaking love the story of Halo. Such a great universe

BiggD
10-15-2012, 01:45 AM
Such a great universe

One of the best ever created.

theNomad
10-15-2012, 02:46 AM
Awesome video, not much that I've not heard before but its put together so well (even though my fave bit was seeing that warthog make the broken road jump in headlong).

I'm in awe at the sheer amount of content in the game its gonna be tough to know where to start first, guess you gotta clear campaign at least once before you go on a spartan op, but so tempting to dive right into one of the many multiplayer types. The dominion mode seems like an extension of Invasion.

A few things that stood out for me
Oddball: that sexy new crystal skull ball (1st time I've seen it)
CTF: flag carrier can use a pistol (heard you could but 1st time seeing)
XP: is dependant on involvement (good way to curb AFKers in games)

As for the killcams come on how cool if its one of your kills, or someone who got a great kill on you (i've often watched so many of the better kills I've had and had done to me in theatre). The only cons I can think of is having to wait another 3 weeks. I agree 'The BiggD' about how good looking Spartan Ops is looking, even though I'm gonna sadly miss firefight.

BiggD
10-15-2012, 02:58 AM
Awesome video...I'm in awe at the sheer amount of content in the game its gonna be tough to know where to start first. I agree 'The BiggD' about how good looking Spartan Ops is looking, even though I'm gonna sadly miss firefight.

343i knows how to please their community. So much new content in this installment, means so many hours of gameplay and replay-ability.

I agree with you on Oddball, I even like how you can toss it to teammates. Their leveling system is spot on as well. I will miss Firefight as well, as I really loved it in both ODST & Reach, but Spartan Ops has got me extremely excited. The whole narrative perspective behind it looks interestingly ideal.

Vectorman953
10-15-2012, 07:08 AM
Watched she video, and loved it, but nice they started going through all of the menus and such (for the maps, armory, ect) I just kind of tuned out.

A few weeks ago, I would have obsessively picked pictures of the armors apart, planned which specialization armor perks to choose, and compiled all of the knowledge about each map (while still staying carefully away from the campaign stuff, like I am now)...

... But now I feel that I still want there to be a surprise when I pop the disc in.

RBmaster9345
10-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Ah yes, FF. There are a few things, very small things, that have ticked me off about the things they're doing and thats one of them. No FireFight, curious to not have your standard survival mode anymore but whatevs. Like I said, the things that I dislike are very small and should make minuscule difference to my enjoyment of this game.

MixMaker1
10-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Re-upped video:

Halo 4 - Infinity Multiplayer ViDoc - YouTube

Looks like the official version got taken down by Microsoft. I suspect they've resorted to an auto-claim/block due to all the leaks. Either way, watch it while you can. Hopefully it doesn't get striked.

CMCX360
10-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Hopefully, like CTF, Oddball will have it's own playlist upon release.

MixMaker1
10-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Hopefully, like CTF, Oddball will have it's own playlist upon release.
CTF does 100% sure - which is AWESOME.

I believe the same is with oddball (though I could be wrong).

BiggD
10-15-2012, 09:44 PM

I'm pretty sure you're right man. In one of the videos I saw, not sure which one, I'm almost positive I heard Kynan Pearson said that Oddball is it's own gametype now.

ZingZitang
10-16-2012, 02:54 PM
All I have to say is:

The Music was 9000 Times Better in this Vidoc then the last few trailers we've had. But come to think of it, I can't remember the music from the first two Vidocs. . .

I was Getting tired of all the annoying dubstep, and slightly worried that the entire soundtrack was going to be dubstep.

BiggD
10-16-2012, 03:15 PM

Confirmed.

http://i.imgur.com/DbNpt.png

MixMaker1
10-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Confirmed.

http://i.imgur.com/DbNpt.png
Great -and I LOVE this playlist distribution. No more going into Team Objective and "hoping" for the game type I want to play. Consolidation isn't as effective as selection-based playlists. Look at Reach, look at this... Night and day imo.

BiggD
10-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Great -and I LOVE this playlist distribution. No more going into Team Objective and "hoping" for the game type I want to play. Consolidation isn't as effective as selection-based playlists. Look at Reach, look at this... Night and day imo.

Agreed. Oddball and CTF were always my more favorite objective playlists. With each having their official playlist now, games are literally easy to get into. I wish they brought back Swat however, seems odd that they would leave out such a hardcore and fan-loved playlist.

RBmaster9345
10-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Agreed. Oddball and CTF were always my more favorite objective playlists. With each having their official playlist now, games are literally easy to get into. I wish they brought back Swat however, seems odd that they would leave out such a hardcore and fan-loved playlist.

I would think we'd be seeing it at some point. Especially with all the precision weapons this time around. But it'd maybe have to be limited to BR, DMR and Magnums. They havent really told us much on GAMETYPE customization which has me worried, but rest assured if there's even the slightest options everyone and their mother will be making this game mode.

ReverendSID
10-16-2012, 07:19 PM
I would think we'd be seeing it at some point. Especially with all the precision weapons this time around. But it'd maybe have to be limited to BR, DMR and Magnums. They havent really told us much on GAMETYPE customization which has me worried, but rest assured if there's even the slightest options everyone and their mother will be making this game mode.
Well, there's an achievement for making and saving a custom game type (as absurd as that is for an achievement) so I suppose I'll get it making SWAT. :) lol

BiggD
10-16-2012, 07:41 PM

You got that right. I'm sure it'll be bound to pop up on at some point.

RBmaster9345
10-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Well, there's an achievement for making and saving a custom game type (as absurd as that is for an achievement) so I suppose I'll get it making SWAT. :) lol

Yeah, and thats about all we've heard so far. Far as Im concerned the custom game options got botched for Reach and it made me mad not being able to recreate my favorite Halo 3 gametypes. From what we've been told about Flood mode thus far there WILL be customization but all thats been revealed is the armor ability options. I swear if we cant use weapon or vehicles in the options menu and we're stuck with that damn model with that damn claw........ All the best gametypes have come from Infection in my opinion but it at least now looks like they'll botch it again.

Kaiyo
10-17-2012, 01:42 AM
Good no more Team Objective... Always wanted the individual modes on their own.

BiggD
10-17-2012, 01:46 AM
Good no more Team Objective... Always wanted the individual modes on their own.

Exactly. 343 Industries are a reliable company, they really listen to the fan feedback and do everything they can to please their community. Not saying that Bungie wasn't as good!! :eek: