PDA

View Full Version : GH 2 Song pack compatability

MrHarribalsonya
09-17-2007, 06:40 AM
I was wondering if the 4 song packs I've downloaded off of marketplace for GH2 will be compatible with GH3? I've sent 3 e-mails to Red Octane without any response. This doesn't give me a good feeling that it will. Am i going to have to put in GH2 anytime i want to play Ace of Spades? What about those trading in their GH2 copies for GH3? I hope someone has any information concerning this.

ruff
09-17-2007, 06:49 AM
Of course not

Call of Duty 2 maps won't work with Call of Duty 3

Kinda obvious :\

MrHarribalsonya
09-17-2007, 08:31 AM
There's a big difference between a game that takes a little over a year to develop and one that takes less than 6 month's. It would cost a significant amount more to program 10 or so maps into a code than it would a couple of songs. Your probably right, but it doesn't mean it's not possible.

codedigital
09-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Of course not

Call of Duty 2 maps won't work with Call of Duty 3

Kinda obvious :

I would never say "of course not". As the OP said, this is a little different of a situation.

However, I'm guessing that they will not. Since the game was developed by Neversoft instead of Harmonix and the entire code base has changed....I'm sure the "format" of the DLC and song file structure has changed.

EDIT: You might not be getting any info from Red Octane because they don't want the answer to be public knowledge at this point. But I could be way off. The last two times that I sent a RFI to them I got an answer within 1 or 2 days.

Mortikie
09-17-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm not re-buying the GH1 song packs, they were expensive enough the first time.

MrHarribalsonya
09-17-2007, 11:10 PM
That's what i was worried about. And your the sixth person to confirmed that they're using a different code with the companies splitting up and everything. It just makes so much sense that a company can keep the playability of a game strong and solid with such little effort. And who knows, with this whole Scene-It updates and upgrades in the works. Other companies might see the potential in it. thanks CD

Note - Once you buy a map or song pack on XBL, it's yours forever. You never have to "Re-buy it".

Mortikie
09-18-2007, 12:46 AM
I mean for GH3. If it's free to get the song packs on their, I'll do it. But if I have to re-pay to have Bark at the Moon or Stellar playable on GH3, I'm not doing it.

destruktive
09-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Well. you still have GHII right?
So if you want to play any of DLC packs, or just play jordan etc again then put it in :)
I see no reason to abandon GHIII because number three is out. People still play COD2 even though 3 and soon 4 is out.

codedigital
09-18-2007, 04:00 PM
That's what i was worried about. And your the sixth person to confirmed that they're using a different code with the companies splitting up and everything. It just makes so much sense that a company can keep the playability of a game strong and solid with such little effort. And who knows, with this whole Scene-It updates and upgrades in the works. Other companies might see the potential in it. thanks CD

Note - Once you buy a map or song pack on XBL, it's yours forever. You never have to "Re-buy it".

No problem man...that's what I'm here for ;)

Neversoft had to develop it from the ground up. Harmonix, due to copyright law, was able to take the code base with them. I'm not even sure they would use much of it for Rock Band but I'm sure something is in there.

Mortikie
09-18-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm never going to get rid of GH2, but if I can re-download the DLC I already bought so that I can play the songs online, I want to do it. But that's most likely not going to happen. Oh well.

Crimsonthrone
09-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Im going to gid rid of one of my guitar heros because i dont need my other wired controller

and i dont think that the songs will work on GH3 :(