PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4's War Games Playlist

Hishoa
10-16-2012, 04:38 AM
This is a still from the new 343i Vidoc video, Making Infinity Multiplayer.

http://i.imgur.com/DbNpt.png

iBuzz7S
10-16-2012, 04:47 AM
Seen this days ago. I'm liking the changes and hope it makes things a lot easier to navigate.

Hishoa
10-16-2012, 06:18 AM
It seems they scrapped the Assault playlist from War Games as well. From what I've heard from leaks, it doesn't show up in Dominion, the BTB-styled Objective playlist.

ReverendSID
10-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Gotta say, I'm liking seeing Oddball, CTF and Flood as their own playlists. Means I can just play them or completely avoid them when I'm not in the mood. :) Now if only Juggernaut had it's own playlist.

BiggD
10-16-2012, 10:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/DbNpt.png

I'm pleased to see Oddball & CTF have their own game-types now. That way, I don't have to go into an Objective lobby and be dissatisfied with half of the maps/game-types that come up.

CMCX360
10-16-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm pleased to see Oddball & CTF have their own game-types now. That way, I don't have to go into an Objective lobby and be dissatisfied with half of the maps/game-types that come up.

This. 110% this.

MixMaker1
10-16-2012, 10:51 PM
This. 110% this.
This is a clear example of what Call Of Duty has done better than Halo games in the past. This year, Halo adopted a much better playlist system. I am pumped!

theNomad
10-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Gotta say, I'm liking seeing Oddball, CTF and Flood as their own playlists. Means I can just play them or completely avoid them when I'm not in the mood. :) Now if only Juggernaut had it's own playlist.

Yeah I totally agree, all great game types but I've really gotta be in the mood for them.

I'm thinking the objective games especially Dominion could be awesome with the new ranking system thats meant to score players taking part in the objective, no more 3 guys going for the flag and 5 others camping to increase their KR.

BiggD
10-16-2012, 11:09 PM
This is a clear example of what Call Of Duty has done better than Halo games in the past. This year, Halo adopted a much better playlist system. I am pumped!

I'm extremely pumped as well man, 3 weeks left!!!

CMCX360
10-17-2012, 01:44 AM

It's interesting. Halo is, at least allegedly, becoming more like COD, and COD is adding Halo elements, like active camo, etc.

BiggD
10-17-2012, 01:48 AM
It's interesting. Halo is, at least allegedly, becoming more like COD, and COD is adding Halo elements, like active camo, etc.

I really don't want to ruin this thread with CoD hate but let me add my two cents in for about 30 seconds.

I agree with your statement; however, without disrespecting Call of Duty, Halo has always been and will always be the more successful and innovative franchise.

Joker0fLife
10-17-2012, 02:32 AM
This can't be the entire playlist because Grifball (and Action Sack) aren't on the list. I hope to see that VIP and Territories return to the playlists as well as Snipers and Doubles.

BiggD
10-17-2012, 03:24 AM
This can't be the entire playlist because Grifball (and Action Sack) aren't on the list. I hope to see that VIP and Territories return to the playlists as well as Snipers and Doubles.

There are a couple more playlists, according to Frankie. He mentioned Team Snipers in one of the interviews about Armor Abilities so that will have it's own playlist as well. Not sure about Doubles however.

Hishoa
10-17-2012, 04:17 AM
There are a couple more playlists, according to Frankie. He mentioned Team Snipers in one of the interviews about Armor Abilities so that will have it's own playlist as well. Not sure about Doubles however.

Please tell me this is true. I'm sick of BTB parties voting for snipers when there's a perfectly fine snipers playlist.

BiggD
10-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Please tell me this is true. I'm sick of BTB parties voting for snipers when there's a perfectly fine snipers playlist.

I promise. I watched like 10 videos interviewing Frankie last night, so I don't remember which one it was. However, I promise that he said in there, "...there's of course playlists in which these loudouts will not carry over for obvious reasons, like in Snipers, you're going to spawn with a sniper and magmum and won't be able to access your load outs..."

Kaiyo
10-17-2012, 02:01 PM
No more searching for CTF in Objectives or Snipers in BTB. :D

Vectorman953
10-17-2012, 04:38 PM
has territories been scrapped for Dominion?
I've heard it described as a mash up between territories and invasion, plus elements of base defense. I don't believe invasion is returning anyway.

Eski Boi
10-17-2012, 09:19 PM
No Rumble Pit ?

I mak3 big boom
10-17-2012, 09:59 PM
I really don't want to ruin this thread with CoD hate but let me add my two cents in for about 30 seconds.

I agree with your statement; however, without disrespecting Call of Duty, Halo has always been and will always be the more successful and innovative franchise.

Innovative yes

Successful no...

Love the way the playlists are set up now. As said before I now won't be dissatisfied with the game mode I'm playing objective.

Edit: Excuse my ignorance but where's SWAT? Is that all the playlists. :(

BiggD
10-17-2012, 11:20 PM
Innovative yes

Successful no...

Love the way the playlists are set up now. As said before I now won't be dissatisfied with the game mode I'm playing objective.

Edit: Excuse my ignorance but where's SWAT? Is that all the playlists. :(

The Halo franchise has sold more than 50 million copies between their 7 titles. How is that not successful?

Don't want to start an argument, just stating some facts. Anyways, not sure if SWAT is returning:/

I mak3 big boom
10-17-2012, 11:30 PM
The Halo franchise has sold more than 50 million copies between their 7 titles. How is that not successful?

Don't want to start an argument, just stating some facts. Anyways, not sure if SWAT is returning:/

No I'm not saying Halo isn't successful. I'm saying Cod is the more successful franchise. They wouldn't be making a 4th game if it didn't sell well!

I'll be seriously bummed if they took away SWAT as a playlist. It was probably one of my favorite playlists when I played Reach.

ReverendSID
10-18-2012, 12:02 AM
No I'm not saying Halo isn't successful. I'm saying Cod is the more successful franchise. They wouldn't be making a 4th game if it didn't sell well!

I'll be seriously bummed if they took away SWAT as a playlist. It was probably one of my favorite playlists when I played Reach.
Okay, I can't help myself here. CoD's success is at least partly based on it being on multiple platforms. I don't think it's entirely fair to compare the sales figures of a single platform exclusive to something that's on 4 different platforms. I'm going to stop before I get into my personal dislikes of the series and just say the only CoD elements I've seen so far in Halo 4 are relatively minor IMO. Killcams, fine; final kill, okay; join in progress, beats a lopsided game to me. I'm not seeing anything I'm worried about yet.

Except for the lack of SWAT!

Oh, and Halo is pretty much responsible for Microsoft's success in the console market. Let's face it, they really didn't have any other superb launch titles. I mean I loved DOA 3 but that didn't build anywhere near the fan base that Halo did. I honestly believe, no Halo would have equaled Xbox failure.

TwiliTerror
10-18-2012, 12:11 AM
Except for the lack of SWAT!

The recent dev diary states SWAT is to return as a playlist with two loadouts, one being BR, one being DMR.

BiggD
10-18-2012, 12:25 AM

That, I'll agree with.

CoD's success is at least partly based on it being on multiple platforms. I don't think it's entirely fair to compare the sales figures of a single platform exclusive to something that's on 4 different platforms. I'm going to stop before I get into my personal dislikes of the series and just say the only CoD elements I've seen so far in Halo 4 are relatively minor IMO. Killcams, fine; final kill, okay; join in progress, beats a lopsided game to me. I'm not seeing anything I'm worried about yet.

I'm with you on this one man.

The recent dev diary states SWAT is to return as a playlist with two loadouts, one being BR, one being DMR.

Let's hope this information if correct, I loved SWAT in 3 & Reach, it'll be a blast to have again in 4.

Kaiyo
10-18-2012, 03:40 AM
has territories been scrapped for Dominion?
I've heard it described as a mash up between territories and invasion, plus elements of base defense. I don't believe invasion is returning anyway.

Invasion is not in Halo 4 since you do not even play as Elites.

Firefly2
11-05-2012, 02:15 PM
As long as there is SWAT im good