PDA

View Full Version : movie and kids game worth it

SkillfulMmd
09-17-2007, 10:29 AM
what do you think are movie licesned game or kids game worth it i know that there good in one way cause the more they sell the more money they have for bigger game e.g. ubisoft made open season then they can found games like graw 3 or a new rainbow 6

Steelhead
09-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Open Season is the only one I've played that I actually enjoyed. I buy them for my kids but will play them on my profile for the points if they're decent. My last purchase was Ratatouille, which is absolutely horrible. Shitty camera, crappy gameplay and nearly impossible missions for a little kid. It was a complete waste of $60. It's bad enough that I won't even play it for the points...not worth it.

Shaaady Souljah
09-17-2007, 12:49 PM
theyre all very similar: shallow story, easy to semi-easy achievements, and entertaining for about 10 minutes. only rent them, unless you have a young child who would enjoy them.

i have rented and played: cars, shrek, open season, ratatouille, etc. and they are all the same pretty much.

SkillfulMmd
09-17-2007, 01:05 PM
i dont want to buy them i was just wandering wether the game design company should bother making

PerpetualHeaven
09-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Well the Xbox 360 is a very popular system. If people are buying these games maybe for points or their kids, they should at least try. I mean there are over 10 million people who own the 360 console. The budget is probably very cheap and they most likely always make a profit. I bet the whole production portion doesn't even take more then 4-5 months and that they just throw crap together.

Rocket
09-17-2007, 01:50 PM
I have played almost all of them, with the exception to Surf's Up...a lot of them need a lot of work and aren't worth the purchase. And unlike someone above said, Ratatouille is by far the best of all Kids games released. I think that a lot of people who are accustomed to playing the "mature" games overlook simplicity. The game is designed for kids, but has the toughness to it that adult gamers would like. The camera was not shitty by any means and neither was the gameplay. It was just too simple for some to like. You are a rat, what do you expect him to do? Fire an oozey? He runs, jumps and thats about it. Thats all he is expected to do. Cars is also another game that gets under rated in my views..but this is neither the time nor place to go into such things...Bottom line: if you want some semi-easy points, go rent them one by one...

Pez
09-17-2007, 02:32 PM
I've not played too many of them. Off the top of my head, one. Open Season.

Wasn't the greatest of games, but if I was 10 years younger, like my sister, I'd have loved it, just like her.

As for the others, I can't give you a perspective on them, due to not playing them. I did however, play the demo of Ratatouille and I thought it was quite impressive for a kid's movie game.

~SS

Steelhead
09-17-2007, 02:58 PM
i dont want to buy them i was just wandering wether the game design company should bother making
Sure they should. There's a fairly large market out there for this genre. The supply of "family" type games for the 360 is pretty limited, and the console is pretty much known as the "hardcore gamers" console of choice, but MS is actually looking to change that. I'd say we'll actually start seeing allot more of these family-oriented games in the near future.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/xtreme/microsoft-doesnt-want-hardcore-rep-anymore-267580.php

Khaos
09-17-2007, 06:06 PM
I live across the street from a Family Video, so I rent a ridiculous amount, and I have to say that some kids games, like TMNT and Shrek3, were a lot of fun. No where near worth the purchase price, but a very good rental.

antilucid
09-17-2007, 06:37 PM
The average parent might know what sort of games to buy their kids but will often purchase a game with a title they recognize first. At least with these sort of games, it gives parents a chance to govern their kids ability to play video games without completely cutting them off. A younger crowd might perceive some of these titles in a better light than those of us who play the likes of Halo, Bioshock, or Oblivion. Looking back, I remember my days of Atari and actually thought the worst selling game in known history (E.T.) was actually fun then.

JoeCool7835
09-19-2007, 01:12 AM
Most movie-licensed games are just worth a rental. However, some could be surprisingly good. In any case, rent first to know for sure.

SkillfulMmd
09-19-2007, 02:10 PM
ha ive never played a good kids game SOME movie games are ok

pinkpanfa
09-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Only game I see really enjoyable for the youngins worth shellin out the peanuts for has been Lego Star Wars.

I've played TMNT and its a good beat em up.

Cars is lame and too repetitive (bad map system)...

Open season is Really easy (little kids dig that)...

Ratitouie has too many moving pieces to be enjoyable for the kids

Shrek 3 was a good play

Meet the Robinsons is good for a thinking child's game (like a zelda game)

XMen: Ultimate Alliance is cool for a kid around 10 years Old...but not for the real young (too much reading to progress The story)

XBL games:
Bomberman on XBL is good for them (easy game to learn, fun to play)

Feeding Frenzy will get their hand-eye coordination working

Pac-Man and Ms. Pac Man are quick games to learn

Uno gives the tykes number and color recognition to work with

Street Fighter has always been a hit (button Mashing fighting is easy for kids to pick up and play...so what if They can't do a fireball)

bejeweled on endless Mode can keep them busy for days

I'll think of more later

SkillfulMmd
09-20-2007, 06:16 PM
thats a nice little list u made there pantha thanks props