PDA

View Full Version : Tracklist leaked?

codedigital
09-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Supposedly it might have been leaked:
http://metalinjection.net/blog/2007/09/17/guitar-hero-iii-tracklisting-leaked-rumor/
Tier 1:
Foghat - Slow Ride
Poison - Talk Dirty to Me
Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Social Distortion - Story of My Life
Encore: Kiss - Rock and Roll All Nite
Co-op Encore: Beastie Boys- Sabotage
Tier 2:
Mountain- Mississippi Queen
Alice Cooper- School’s Out
Cream- Sunshine of Your Love <-Edited title
Heart- Barracuda
Boss: Tom Morello- Guitar Battle
Encore: Rage Against the Machine- Bull’s on Parade
Co-op Encore: The Strokes- Reptilia
Tier 3:
The Killers- When You Were Young
AFI- Miss Murder
The Who- The Seeker
Priestess- Lay Down
Encore: Rolling Stones- Paint It Black
Co-op Encore: Red Hot Chili Peppers- Suck My Kiss
Tier 4:
Black Sabbath- Paranoid
The Sex Pistols- Anarchy in the UK
Sonic Youth- Kool Thing
Weezer- My Name Is Jonas
Encore: Pearl Jam- Evenflow
Co-op Encore: Blue Oyster Cult- Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll
Tier 5:
The Dead Kennedy’s- Holiday in Cambodia
Scorpions- Rock You Like a Hurricane
Aerosmith- Same Old Song and Dance
ZZ Top- La Grange
Boss: Slash- Guitar Battle
Encore: Guns N Roses- Welcome to the Jungle
Co-op Encore: Bloc Party- Hellicopter
Tier 6:
Santana- Black Magic Woman
Smashing Pumpkins- Cherub Rock
White Zombie- Black Sunshine
Tenacious D- The Metal
Encore: Stevie Ray Vaughn- Pride and Joy
Co-op Encore: Matchbook Romance- Monsters
Tier 7:
Slipknot- Before I Forget
Disturbed- Stricken
Queens of the Stone Age- 3’s and 7’s
Muse- Knights of Cydonia
Encore: Living Colour- Cult of Personality
Tier 8:
Slayer- Raining Blood
Eric Johnson- Cliffs of Dover
Iron Maiden- Number of the Beast
Metallica- One
Boss: Lou- Guitar Battle
Encore: The Devil Went Down to Georgia
Bonus Tracks:
An Endless Sporadic- Impulse
Backyard Babies- Minus Celsius
Bret Michaels Band- Go That Far
Die Toten Hosen- Hier Kommit Alex
Dragonforce- Through the Fire and the Flames
Fall of Troy- FCP Remix
Gallows- In the Belly of a Shark
The Hellacopters- I’m in the Band
Heroes del Silencio- Avalancha
In Flames- Take This Life
Kaiser Chiefs- Ruby
Killswitch Engage- My Curse
LA Slum Lords- Down N Dirty
Lacuna Coil- Closer
Lions- Metal Heavy Lady
NAAST- Mauvis Garcon
Prototype- The Way It Ends
Revolverhead- Generation Rock
Rise Against- Prayer of the Refugee
Scouts of St. Sebastian- In Love
Senses Fail- Can’t Be Saved
The Sleeping- Don’t Hold Back
The Stone Roses- She Bangs the Drums
Superbus- Radio Song

Gun-Nut
09-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Cool, love the idea of encouraging people to play co-op to have there whole set list unlocked :)

codedigital
09-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Cool, love the idea of encouraging people to play co-op to have there whole set list unlocked :)

But that sucks with someone that doesn't have a single person to play with.

fatces
09-17-2007, 05:09 PM
nice, i see a lot of bands that i like on that list. this games gonna rock ;)

fatces
09-17-2007, 05:10 PM
But that sucks with someone that doesn't have a single person to play with.

are they gonna include live coop or only local?:confused:

PS sorry for double posting...

Dizzy Domes
09-17-2007, 05:15 PM
This could be somewhat legit. But there are many tracks that have been confirmed that don't appear on that list.

Gun-Nut
09-17-2007, 05:21 PM

I'm sure co-op will be doable online and offline, don't see why they would just add battle modes online and not the co-op >< can't be that much harder with the net code already begin done.

Cold Rival
09-17-2007, 05:25 PM
If these acctually are the tracks for the game, then I'm impressed. Dizzy makes a good point, though. Either way, I'll be getting this! ;)

codedigital
09-17-2007, 05:27 PM

Don't be sorry...just don't do it. What's wrong with you man!? Haha.

There WILL be Live co-op.

This could be somewhat legit. But there are many tracks that have been confirmed that don't appear on that list.

I didn't notice any omissions but I just did a cursory glance. Give examples.

custom
09-17-2007, 05:47 PM
No Freezepop, Dethklok, Buckethead or Zlad?! Fail.

fatces
09-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Don't be sorry...just don't do it. What's wrong with you man!? Haha.

There WILL be Live co-op.

wont't do it again code, hehe;)

BTW i don't see any missing songs, at least all that were on ign are there

codedigital
09-17-2007, 05:51 PM
No Freezepop, Dethklok, Buckethead or Zlad?! Fail.

Maybe for you but I am happy the Freezepop isn't on there. It'll probably show up on Rock Band because it was a favorite of the Harmonix developers.

Dethklok and Buckethead would have been a nice return....but I'm not sure that it fails the title.

Dizzy Domes
09-17-2007, 06:18 PM

I just glanced over it too but I didn't notice "Atreyu - Becoming the Bull" or "Velvet Revolver - She Builds Quick Machines"

Correct me if I'm wrong, and they are on the list but I didn't see them. And I kind of agree with custom. I will be very dissapointed if there is no Dethklok.

Mortikie
09-17-2007, 06:58 PM
I already posted about this. This really isn't the track list. Songs are missing, and The Devil Went Down to Georgia as the final song? Please.

codedigital
09-17-2007, 07:04 PM
I already posted about this. This really isn't the track list. Songs are missing, and The Devil Went Down to Georgia as the final song? Please.

I didn't see this list in your post...in fact I couldn't make sense of anything at the receiving end of that link.

Mortikie
09-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Did you go to the forum called Setlist? It's right there.

It doesn't really matter now though, no one posted in that one. Maybe it's because I called it setlist instead of tracklist?

PS Sorry if I sounded angry before.

codedigital
09-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Did you go to the forum called Setlist? It's right there.

It doesn't really matter now though, no one posted in that one. Maybe it's because I called it setlist instead of tracklist?

PS Sorry if I sounded angry before.

No problems. But when I clicked the link I expected to be taken right to everything...maybe something is screwed on my end.

And to your comment about Devil Went Down to Georgia....you should really look up some of the videos of people playing guitar versions of it. There are tons and they are usually fantastic.

And I think it would be an awesome comedic addition to an "ending" of the game.

You beat a boss battle...Lou...then the devil wages a bet with you....I like it.

Mortikie
09-17-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm not saying that it's not hard or anything, but it just doesn't seem right. I would love it as a bonus track though.

Maybe it's because I'm hoping that if they don't have that song they will have another song I like more instead of it? I dunno. But no matter what song the final encore is, I'm still getting the game.

Yann
09-17-2007, 07:36 PM
I seriously hope the final track is The Devil Went Down to Georgia, that song is amazing. However I think its partly wrong since I doubt The Number of The Beast would be the highest tier, its not that hard lol.

Fire Mage
09-17-2007, 07:47 PM
The Devil Went Down to Georgia is the MOST ANTI-CLIMACTIC THING EVER.

This makes me sad.

Yann
09-17-2007, 07:55 PM
The Devil Went Down to Georgia is the MOST ANTI-CLIMACTIC THING EVER.

This makes me sad.

Why? Its an amazing song!

Although I remain skeptical until I see how they're gonna change fiddles with guitar lol

Fire Mage
09-17-2007, 07:57 PM
It just doesn't seem like a good final encore to me. I don't know what would, but that song isn't.

Also, like the person above said, She Builds Quick Machines along with an Atreyu song is missing.

I'm betting this isn't the real list...I hope not.

Sanction
09-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Either I'm not seeing it, or there ISN'T Avenged Sevenfold? :(

codedigital
09-17-2007, 08:07 PM
It just doesn't seem like a good final encore to me. I don't know what would, but that song isn't.

Also, like the person above said, She Builds Quick Machines along with an Atreyu song is missing.

I'm betting this isn't the real list...I hope not.

Think about it though in the context that I said. You beat One...and then the devil himself challenges you to a boss battle. I think it'd be cool and add a little bit of depth. Even if it is easier than One...wich I'm sure it would be.

And the song itself is perfect for a "battle". The more I think about it the more it feels like Mr. Daniels wrote it just for GH3. Hahahaha.

Dizzy Domes
09-17-2007, 08:15 PM
I seriously hope the final track is The Devil Went Down to Georgia, that song is amazing. However I think its partly wrong since I doubt The Number of The Beast would be the highest tier, its not that hard lol.

Actually Number of the Beast was the first track RO said where it's palcement would be and sure enough they said it was a final tier song.

Feel My Rage
09-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Despite the fact that it might only be a rumor,you people probably cannot believe how much i longed for disturbed to be made a part of this series.....its a freakin dream come true for me if this ends up being the real list...

PS.Im listening to Stricken right now :woop:

Yann
09-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Actually Number of the Beast was the first track RO said where it's palcement would be and sure enough they said it was a final tier song.

I stand corrected, although they could of moved it down to the 2nd highest tier and got a really badass Van Halen or Hendrix song there. Or Maybe Stairway :D

veritas347
09-17-2007, 08:57 PM
I hope this is somewhat wrong because I think there should be more boss battles

Fire Mage
09-17-2007, 09:17 PM
I hope this is somewhat wrong because I think there should be more boss battles
They said there would only be 3 bosses a LONG time ago.

luke7nukem
09-17-2007, 11:24 PM
if SlipKnoT is in the game then im buying it

robertfee
09-17-2007, 11:37 PM
it really doesn't matter what songs are in it, because no matter what people are gonna piss and moan that **insert obscure band** isn't in the game and they rock and these songs suck blah blah. i enjoyed gh2 and i'm sure gh3 as well as rock band will be great. obviously everyone won't love every song, but it's still going to be awesome!

Th3 Apache Dog
09-17-2007, 11:44 PM
Supposedly it might have been leaked:
http://metalinjection.net/blog/2007/09/17/guitar-hero-iii-tracklisting-leaked-rumor/
Foghat - Slow Ride
Encore: Guns N Roses- Welcome to the Jungle
it really doesn't matter what songs are in it, because no matter what people are gonna piss and moan that **insert obscure band** isn't in the game and they rock and these songs suck blah blah. i enjoyed gh2 and i'm sure gh3 as well as rock band will be great. obviously everyone won't love every song, but it's still going to be awesome! I agree. Since, TBH I didn't know 98% of the songs that were in GH2, so I obviously don't know maybe 95% of the songs in this one, so to me it really does not matter. I shall not delete any song I have heard of. Apparently I have only heard of TWO of these songs before I even new about GH3.

da voodoo child
09-17-2007, 11:44 PM
that track list is one of the best i have ever seen :woop: cant wait

Fullawka14
09-18-2007, 12:15 AM
Yeah if this is the real list then thats awesome. And thats good they added some disturbed and some slipknot in there.

Lunacy182
09-18-2007, 03:01 AM
wow, definitely a nice song list. I can't wait for this game.

Justicezero
09-18-2007, 03:43 AM
I've seen a lot of the songs on this list confirmed at different times from different sites, so with this list plus those lists, i'd say they are legit. Sounds like a fun list and even if they aren't legit, i doubt the GH list would be lousy anyway. BTW! I'm glad this has on-line co-op because i'll get to get some of these 2 player achievements.

Setobou
09-18-2007, 04:08 PM
the cream song is called sunshine of your love, not life

Setobou
09-18-2007, 04:11 PM
stil an awsome song list though, hope its lgit

ASTROBL4ACK
09-18-2007, 11:56 PM
One will no doubt be an easy 5-star on expert, Raining Blood and The Devil Went Down to Georgia on the other hand are going to be terribly difficult.

I'm fine with the song-list so far, I would like some Buckethead, but there is so much good stuff on there, it's easy to forget.

Cliffs Of Dover FTW!

codedigital
09-19-2007, 11:13 AM
the cream song is called sunshine of your love, not life

I just copied and pasted...I'll edit it though as you are correct and I don't know how I missed that.

And please don't double post. That's pretty annoying. Click edit please.

iskoot
09-20-2007, 04:47 PM
I already have GH3 preordered...but I would be alittle upset if they didn't have at least ONE AC/DC song:woop:...I mean honestly!!!

codedigital
09-20-2007, 04:58 PM
I already have GH3 preordered...but I would be alittle upset if they didn't have at least ONE AC/DC song:woop:...I mean honestly!!!

No reason to be upset. Blame AC/DC. They've said they've been trying to get AC/DC, Zep, and Metallica for awhile now.

nascarfan38124
09-20-2007, 05:47 PM
if you look at one of the other links at the bottom of the page (the mentalinjection one) there is a link on how to make your own music with the guitar controller (ie play your guitar controller like a real guitar) and that there is even a band that does that (The Guitar Zeros) and they let you download thier software that they use here (http://www.theguitarzeros.com/download_fretbuzz.php) for free

jacob456
09-20-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm surprised they put a Bloc Party song in GH3 but I'm really happy about it because they're my favourite band, and helicopter happens to be my favourite of their songs :D.

iskoot
09-20-2007, 08:59 PM
No reason to be upset. Blame AC/DC. They've said they've been trying to get AC/DC, Zep, and Metallica for awhile now.
lol, I never said who I would be upset with ;)

But yeah, I'm so hooked to GH, that I'll be listening to a song and be like...OMG, this would be awesome on GH!!! I think a GH with some of today's hits on it would be awesome...for the next GH or even for DLC! Anyone else like this? :confused:

codedigital
09-20-2007, 09:23 PM
lol, I never said who I would be upset with ;)

But yeah, I'm so hooked to GH, that I'll be listening to a song and be like...OMG, this would be awesome on GH!!! I think a GH with some of today's hits on it would be awesome...for the next GH or even for DLC! Anyone else like this? :confused:

I'm guessing they thought some of "today's hits" was My Chemical Romance. :mad:

And Aerosmith might be most of GH4:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37956

Flavo5000
09-21-2007, 03:25 AM
The Sonic Youth song "Kool Thing" was mentioned today in the Billboard announcement of the soundtrack, and it previously had not been announced. There may be some credence to this list...

iskoot
09-21-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm guessing they thought some of "today's hits" was My Chemical Romance. :mad:

And Aerosmith might be most of GH4:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37956
lol, I'm thinking more along the lines of maybe DLC with like 5-10 songs on it, that is made up of more then just one group, like maybe some Fuel, Nickelback, Rob Zombie, whatever...it doesn't even have to be new stuff, but I think DLC for GH3 should have a variety to it instead of just songs from the same band.

I don't think they'll be most of GH4, but maybe every encore will be an Aerosmith song...which wouldn't be that bad of an idea...I might be one of the few that actually like Aerosmith, lol

deej brutal
09-21-2007, 06:08 PM
if the devil went down to georgia is the last song, that would be soooo awesome haha. i wonder which version would be the metal one? i saw this one YouTube - Keith Urban Devil Went Down to &quot;Nashville&quot; and if thats the version they are going to use then that is definitley worthy of being final encore imo because it sounds insane

Gorjira
09-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Nice list. Looking forward to it.

Fire Mage
09-23-2007, 04:13 AM
if the devil went down to georgia is the last song, that would be soooo awesome haha. i wonder which version would be the metal one? i saw this one YouTube - Keith Urban Devil Went Down to &quot;Nashville&quot; (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ioD7gp41GYU) and if thats the version they are going to use then that is definitley worthy of being final encore imo because it sounds insane
You do realize that he was playing random guitar solos in that and it wasn't the real song right?

Like, the actual song doesn't have all that.

nightmare975
09-23-2007, 04:38 AM
The Devil Went Down to Georgia!?

Oh snap, I am soooooo getting this game now!

Glyndinn
09-23-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm pretty happy with this list if it's the real deal. I definitely know more of the songs in the middle to lower tiers, but I know that I usually end up liking most of the songs I don't know anyways. :)

deej brutal
09-23-2007, 09:50 AM
You do realize that he was playing random guitar solos in that and it wasn't the real song right?

Like, the actual song doesn't have all that.

oh yeah i know that i was just saying maybe its a spinoff of the original song for the encore, or maybe for the final boss battle it could be dwdtg? if the last boss is the devil as rumored then whats a better song for a battle against the devil than a song about a musical showdown against the devil? might not happen, but i think that would be pretty sweet :drunk

UTSBlaze
09-23-2007, 08:34 PM
The last battle is meant to have 26 solo's accoring to Imacarrot at scorehero who went to Neversoft.

iskoot
09-24-2007, 04:43 PM
The last battle is meant to have 26 solo's accoring to Imacarrot at scorehero who went to Neversoft.

Good lord!!! Maybe we'll have devil going down to georgia mixed with some Dueling banjos...except they'll be guitars!