PDA

View Full Version : Profile Deletion/Recovery Info Please!

avengerRPM
09-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Ok, so love achievements, but i dont love them so much that i would gamesave to get them, EVER.

but i have been playing skate. at my new apartment, with and without internet, getting some achievements online and other offline.

but as i was nearing about 200GS, i unlocked a 50GS achievement offline, and the game froze. when it freed up about a minute later (i didnt restart becuase i wanted to achievement) i realized that it had glitched my all the online achievements and some of the career ones also. all the way up to 965GS.

I DONT WANT THEM THAT WAY. i want to earn them.

so here are my questions, please help!

since i was offline (and havent been online since), xbox.com has me still with about 150GS in the game. if i delete my profile without deleting my saves (an option in the profile delete screen), what will happen?

- if i recover my profile off of live, will my year's subscription continue, or will i have to repay?
- if i can continue with my saved games, will the 50GS achievement unlock, since the save will have it but not my achievements (i.e.- sorta gamesaving?)
- is there a good chance that the glitch will happen again if i start skate. over again?
- is there any other way to get rid of the achievements off my profile??

Thank you, and sorry for the huge post, i just want to play the game!

Lek Wee Eh
09-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Wow, regarding your issue I couldnt tell you what to do. However, youre extremely sincere, for that I respect you.

Maka
09-17-2007, 07:45 PM
You could try deleting you own profile off your hard-drive, and making someone recover it. Then, recover it back. Me thinks, it will keep the score you currently have on live.

The down-side, all your saves will be gone, for all games.

Honkymagoo
09-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Well I'd say you got lucky and I would just keep them. If you feel as though you "cheated" why not make a second profile and play through on that one. That way you've done the work and got the achievements.

avengerRPM
09-17-2007, 07:52 PM
couldnt i delete it off my profile and then recover it off live myself? and that costs money right?

Rocket
09-17-2007, 07:52 PM
^^^ I think Maka has it right on the money...Delete your acct off your HD. Then recover on another 360, then you recover. If it doesn't work though, you will be SOL on all your saves...unless you have a Memory Card...move all your saves to your Memory card, then you will still have them once you do the Account Recoveries...

Steelhead
09-17-2007, 07:56 PM
couldnt i delete it off my profile and then recover it off live myself? and that costs money right?
Sure you can. There' a strong chance that it will recover with the new achievements unless you delete any saved games for Skate...which means you'll have to start from scratch.

I've had a corrupted profile and had to recover it on the same 360. Went off without a hitch.

Here's an old post regarding my corruption problem...maybe doing the same thing will work for you...only you'd need to delete the skate files also.

I just flipped my box on and when the dashboard booted it said "0 Profiles found" :blink: So I try to run the recovery tool...no dice. I get the message “Can’t Save Profile, either you don’t have enough space, or your storage location isn’t connected right.” Great, I really am screwed.
Then I remembered Blues having the same problem, so i figured it was something common.
I found the directions to fix it in some dudes blog that popped up on a google search and it worked like a charm. Just boot to the dashboard and go to the far right blade and click on "memory", then "Gamer Profiles". If there is a file there labeled "Corrupt Profile", delete that puppy. Then go back and run the recovery tool ("recover gamertag"). It takes a short while to recover, but once it does, you're back up and running again.
What causes the corruption in the first place? No clue. I had downloaded the two new Halo maps a couple hours earlier, then shut the console down. Nothing that should have caused errors...so I have no idea what makes it happen, only how to mend it :)
from the blog where I found the fix: (source) (http://oregonstate.edu/~brewsteb/2006/07/08/65/)

Avelena
09-17-2007, 07:57 PM
I have read a couple other posts regarding this game doing this and It appears that even if you do start all over, that this is going to happen when you play the game again.

Honkymagoo
09-17-2007, 08:17 PM
I have read a couple other posts regarding this game doing this and It appears that even if you do start all over, that this is going to happen when you play the game again.

Then I vote Skate gets a spot on the easy 1000 list =)

Turbo VDuB 44
09-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Then I vote Skate gets a spot on the easy 1000 list =)

LOL wow...

that really sucks for you man. I agree with Maka and Rocket on this. Double-recover it and see if that works....good luck with that

Maka
09-22-2007, 02:46 AM
I suggest the double Recovery, if your still dealing with the situation. Account Recovery is completely free, and unlike SteelHead says, it will not recover with the achievements, if you havent signed on to live since. You will have to delete the main profile from the Purple screen though, automatically deleting every save you have, unless you get a 512 Memo Card, and you still might have to pick the most important ones.