PDA

View Full Version : Way of the Ninja, leaderboards glitched?!!

lord verh
10-18-2012, 08:29 PM
All top entries end at about 80% of the track where the rider crashes, how is this possible?

Don Jose
10-18-2012, 08:54 PM
All top entries end at about 80% of the track where the rider crashes, how is this possible?

Not sure what the deal is with this. I do know that it's not just the those players who it happens to though. I've had some of my replays do the same thing, and I'm nowhere near the top.

Nevander
10-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Not sure what the deal is with this. I do know that it's not just the those players who it happens to though. I've had some of my replays do the same thing, and I'm nowhere near the top.

Some kind of replay glitch that keeps happening. Not sure if it really is a glitch or some kind of mod/hack.

Don Jose
10-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Some kind of replay glitch that keeps happening. Not sure if it really is a glitch or some kind of mod/hack.

You mean because some people have hacked their way onto the leader boards, it causes chaos with those of us who haven't?

If so, that really sucks. I've notice the top couple of replays for Uphill Struggle show the riders bailing out almost immediately, yet they have the highest score. Lame.

thenutman69321
10-20-2012, 05:22 PM
It's not a hack. I've seen it many times on many tracks and a handful of times on my own replays (which are no where near the top). Just some weird glitch. On my own replays that it happened I came back at a later date and watched them again and they were no longer glitched.

Mr Fiddler
10-20-2012, 05:47 PM
It's won't be a glitch hack but more likely an issue with determinism in the replay. Chances are the game just records the pad inputs for the replay and then feeds them back into the game when it plays back. This makes the replay data really small but if for some reason the internal state of the game does not exactly match the state when it was recorded then you get different outcomes which is what you see when the rider crashes. The other alternative is to store key frames for every object in the level on every frame (like an animation or cutscene) but this has its own issues and takes up a lot more space.

Basically guaranteeing determinism in a game is not trivial.

A ZombieTwinkie
10-21-2012, 06:49 AM
I think it's a bit of a glitch. IIRC, this happened a bit on Trials: HD. I think I remember it with one of the bone breaker mini games on Trials: HD.

GR4V1G0R3
10-21-2012, 06:38 PM
it's an error in how the game interprets teh control input that is recorded...happened to mine on WOTN too (and red lynx moto jam)...pissed mff a bit because it WAS one of my best times, done better with the DLC since, but, for a low skilled player to get into top few thousand places wasn't too bad

it's the same glitch as was in HD, a lot of top times had duff replays because they are so close to it going wrong, the engine struggles to realise that they actually saved it

maybe a loss of sync with the replay....

annoyed me because i wanted to show a mate my replay to help & show off a little

lord verh
10-22-2012, 05:53 AM
It's won't be a glitch hack but more likely an issue with determinism in the replay. Chances are the game just records the pad inputs for the replay and then feeds them back into the game when it plays back. This makes the replay data really small but if for some reason the internal state of the game does not exactly match the state when it was recorded then you get different outcomes which is what you see when the rider crashes. The other alternative is to store key frames for every object in the level on every frame (like an animation or cutscene) but this has its own issues and takes up a lot more space.

Basically guaranteeing determinism in a game is not trivial.

You're right, on second thought it's probably just the way they save replays. Fully recording the top 10.000 for every track takes way too much space so they just save the input and that's why at critical points the replay fails.