PDA

View Full Version : So, the FOTUS armor is on eBay..

Hishoa
10-18-2012, 11:27 PM
That's one mighty big price tag.

http://imageshack.us/a/img525/2163/f665e6e1eec49c8c99292dc.png

Here's a picture of it unlocked in the armory. Notice the description.

http://speedcap.net/sharing/867/9b430c5b4902a88cbbb4fb1fc5d7231a.png

MixMaker1
10-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Fotus armor. lol

The Bum-Mobile
10-19-2012, 12:36 AM
Ha! It's a unicorn!

BiggD
10-19-2012, 12:52 AM
Looks pretty badass and I sure as hell want it...but the bid is at $100 already?

fuck that.

iBuzz7S
10-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Not surprised at all. I remember codes from ODST being sold for over $70 a pop and that is only from what was published as a news article.

Codes purchased from Walmart for $0.35 are being sold on eBay for over $5. Nothing new here.

xxJUSTINxx
10-19-2012, 02:26 AM
That armour looks pretty stupid but I guess anything related to Halo that is exclusive and being sold, there will always be stupid fans to eat it up and pay stupid amounts of money.

xXmyxxmastaXx
10-19-2012, 03:09 AM
might as well buy the console for that price

ajennice
10-19-2012, 05:52 AM
I never got he whole armor thing. It would be something if it actually assisted you, But there is no way I'd take anyone seriously that said they actually spent a decent deal of cash for a visual upgrade.
What sucks is that when it's released there weill be thousand of 10 yr old kids bragging and talking about it during gameplay. They'll end up with a -20 k/d, but in their opinion, they'll look good doing it.

Hishoa
10-19-2012, 05:57 AM
What sucks is that when it's released there weill be thousand of 10 yr old kids bragging and talking about it during gameplay. They'll end up with a -20 k/d, but in their opinion, they'll look good doing it.

I've never experienced this; if anything, it's been the other way around. When Halo:Reach came out, all I heard was people talking about the helmets on the other team; "WTF HIS HELMET'S ON FIRE!" Ultimately the people with the flaming helmet were the ones being abused instead of doing the abusing. Calling them no-lifes, stupid for dishing out cash for a collectible, etcetc.

Also, I've never heard of an Inheritor telling the other team "Haha, I've got an Inheritor helmet! Get stomped, faggots!" The most I've experienced is people commenting on the helmet and/or asking questions about it. I'd even argue that people are criticizing Inheritor's on the amount of time put into the game, not them bragging about their aesthetic armor. This is all just my opinion, though.

Eski Boi
10-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Looks like Sauron from LOTR

littlejay
10-19-2012, 11:41 AM
It looks like a collector (mass effect 2) made love to a unicorn. No thanks.

DarkReign2021
10-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Monkey Nutz! (Bonus Points to anybody who can tell me what that is.) I was expecting the asking price to be $163, not a running bid of 20 people already willing to pay that and more. And here I thought all of my codes from LE, the Xbox, and pre-orders combined would net me about $70. The Fotus alone is going to make up what I spent on my Headset and controller. The rest combined will probably net me enough to at least pay off the Collectors Strategy Guide. So ultimately all I've paid for so far is the LE copy of the game and the Xbox (which I'll probably sell the extra copy minus the case and make another $50.) This is turning out to be surprisingly profitable. lol.

Ty-Rex
10-19-2012, 07:24 PM
"A fool and his money are easily parted."

- Kurt Cobain

ReverendSID
10-19-2012, 07:35 PM

- Kurt Cobain
I'm not going to argue if Cobain ever said that or not, but that phrase pre-dates his birth by almost 400 years. Either way, tis true. I might drop $400 on the console if I had it to blow. But no way I'd spend even $10 on just an armor set, let alone $160+

Hishoa
10-19-2012, 07:43 PM
But no way I'd spend even $10 on just an armor set, let alone $160+

What if it was $2.45 for an armor set? I get this number from the recent $.35 price of a helmet going on at Walmart, and hypothetically extending it to a full "armor set" of 7 pieces; exclusive helmet, torso, both shoulders, forearms, legs, & visor).

To compound that, assuming an armor set would come out to be approximately $2.50, would you spend $10 for four armor sets? ;)

ReverendSID
10-19-2012, 07:54 PM
What if it was $2.45 for an armor set? I get this number from the recent $.35 price of a helmet going on at Walmart, and hypothetically extending it to a full "armor set" of 7 pieces; exclusive helmet, torso, both shoulders, forearms, legs, & visor).

To compound that, assuming an armor set would come out to be approximately $2.50, would you spend $10 for four armor sets? ;)
lol, well I haven't bought the thing from Walmart yet either. Though I think that's just a skin not a helmet. But the answer to your question is, maybe. If I had the extra cash to throw away I might. But either way, extra cash or not, $160 for a single armor set is even more insane than I am. :p And I could come up with better things to blow a spare $160 on. ;)

DarkReign2021
10-19-2012, 08:13 PM
lol, well I haven't bought the thing from Walmart yet either. Though I think that's just a skin not a helmet. But the answer to your question is, maybe. If I had the extra cash to throw away I might. But either way, extra cash or not, $160 for a single armor set is even more insane than I am. :p And I could come up with better things to blow a spare $160 on. ;)

Well now it's not JUST the armor. It's the FOTUS armor, the Crawler Avatar Prop, The FOTUS avatar armor, and a couple other things I can't remember. Now granted, this doesn't actually justify paying $163 for it at all, but at least it's not... quite so bad. Lol.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to figure out what codes are coming with my bundle so I know how many auctions I should start and how the codes should be divvied out. Sadly I haven't even looked up what the different codes are that I'm supposed to be getting.

Hishoa
10-19-2012, 08:31 PM

Now that I think about it, I'm sure you're right. Not too sure where I got the idea of Walmart selling helmets, lol

And, oh yeah, I agree $160 is an obscene amount of cash to spend for a set of armor. I was just trying to gauge from your reactions what a fair or reasonable price would be, hence the $2.50 and $10 suggestions. ;)

ReverendSID
10-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to figure out what codes are coming with my bundle so I know how many auctions I should start and how the codes should be divvied out. Sadly I haven't even looked up what the different codes are that I'm supposed to be getting.
I'd feign disgust if I had it in me. I may think it's nuts to spend that kind of money on those items, but more power to ya. If you're not gonna use them and someone's willing to give you $160+ for em, take em for every cent they're willing to throw away. I thought about doing the same with my Legendary armor effect from Reach (Yes I bought the Legendary edition) but I decided to actually use it. *shrug*
I was just trying to gauge from your reactions what a fair or reasonable price would be, hence the $2.50 and $10 suggestions. ;)
Oh, I'm not sure any price for virtual items is reasonable. ;) It's more a question of how much money I'm willing to waste on unreasonable things rofl.

DarkReign2021
10-19-2012, 09:19 PM
I'd feign disgust if I had it in me. I may think it's nuts to spend that kind of money on those items, but more power to ya. If you're not gonna use them and someone's willing to give you $160+ for em, take em for every cent they're willing to throw away. I thought about doing the same with my Legendary armor effect from Reach (Yes I bought the Legendary edition) but I decided to actually use it. *shrug*

That's how I feel. If you can make money off of somebody else's ignorance or indifference, than why not? The way I see it, I don't want the codes, they do want the codes, and I still need money for my ActionClix Scarab and savings toward buying a suit of Halo Armor. We both win in the end.

And don't feel bad about using the code. Lol. I did the same thing with my Johnson code and Flaming Warthog code in ODST and Halo Wars. I didn't actually start selling my codes until I got the Legendary Halo: Reach set. Sold those for $80 all together.

Ty-Rex
10-19-2012, 09:44 PM
I'm not going to argue if Cobain ever said that or not, but that phrase pre-dates his birth by almost 400 years.
"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

- Kurt Cobain

xXmyxxmastaXx
10-21-2012, 04:17 AM
what pisses me off is when game store employees used to take alot of the preorder codes and sell them for 20+ dollars a pop

Well now it's not JUST the armor. It's the FOTUS armor, the Crawler Avatar Prop, The FOTUS avatar armor, and a couple other things I can't remember. Now granted, this doesn't actually justify paying $163 for it at all, but at least it's not... quite so bad. Lol.

send me the link when you put the codes on ebay and i might test the waters

JONBLEACH
10-22-2012, 06:53 AM
My FOTUS will come with my console
My Halo Reach console is giving me problems now so i have to upgrade to Halo 4

janhans888
10-25-2012, 08:03 AM
That's one mighty big price tag.

http://imageshack.us/a/img525/2163/f665e6e1eec49c8c99292dc.png

Here's a picture of it unlocked in the armory. Notice the description.

http://speedcap.net/sharing/867/9b430c5b4902a88cbbb4fb1fc5d7231a.png

sorry for the stupid Question but is this in-game armor or the FOTUS avatar
gear which comes with the limited console???

if not, where and how can we get this armor then??? ok i saw that it is in-game!! so HOW AND WHERE CAN I GET IT???

sry for my bad english....

janhans888
10-25-2012, 08:41 AM
damn im so dumb. lol
it comes with the console too, so i will get it, AWESOME!!
probably will sell it for 70 $ or so. idk, i will see!!

exo-apollo
10-25-2012, 10:03 AM

- Kurt Cobain

"Think of all the beer and acid you could get with that $163, Kurt" - Abraham Lincoln

janhans888
10-25-2012, 11:41 AM
"Think of all the beer and acid you could get with that $163, Kurt" - Abraham Lincoln

LMAO. good one, sir ;-)

lifeexpectancy
10-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Just wanted to let anyone know who's looking at this and actually willing to pay those crazy prices on ebay, I've listed mine cheaper than the rest for its buy-it-now price. Most of them are $150-200 for buy-it-now, and the bids are already up around $80.

I listed mine at a buy-it-now of $100. I know, it's crazy, but I figure what the heck I don't care about in-game armor and I haven't changed my avatar's look since I created it, so if someone's willing to pay me $100 then why not?

Ty-Rex
10-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Just wanted to let anyone know who's looking at this and actually willing to pay those crazy prices on ebay, I've listed mine cheaper than the rest for its buy-it-now price. Most of them are $150-200 for buy-it-now, and the bids are already up around $80.

I listed mine at a buy-it-now of $100. I know, it's crazy, but I figure what the heck I don't care about in-game armor and I haven't changed my avatar's look since I created it, so if someone's willing to pay me $100 then why not?
Could I perhaps pay you in $100 worth of sexual favors?

I can also pay you in $100 worth of macaroni art.

xXmyxxmastaXx
10-25-2012, 08:33 PM
im selling my fotus code for 120 and up when i get mine

dwayne_hicks
10-25-2012, 08:51 PM
People make a killing off these codes, I just don't understand the market for them but I sure as hell wouldn't mind 100$ for a piece of paper.

BiggD
10-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Why sell Fotus? It's unique and yet looks remarkably lame. Which is why I'll be wearing it!

Vectorman953
10-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Why not buy the Fotus armor?
It's unique and yet looks remarkably lame. Which is why BiggD will be wearing it!

It's simple, I sell because there are lots of people desperate to buy for an insanely increased price. Ass for every seat and what have you.
In all seriousness though, buying up all the codes like this you can and it's a really easy way to turn a profit quickly. As much as the collectionist in me cries every time I sell a code for armor or a unique controller from the limited edition (hey, i've still got one) I know that with the profit I can buy more and more halo stuff (books, next years limited edition, gamerfuel, halo brand condoms)

lifeexpectancy
10-26-2012, 12:08 AM
Exactly. If I'd thought about it before redeeming the code I totally woulda sold my flaming helmet for Reach... and still woulda had the blue flames bungie gave away later on anyway lol. In 10 years the FOTUS armor will be nothing but a memory, but I'll still have my LE copy of Halo 4. That $100 from selling the armor pays for my LE copy. Totally worth it.

I probably coulda set the buy it now at $150 like all the others, but screw it I'm like walmart man. I want someone to see my buy it now and think to themselves "damn, this guy's selling it CHEAP compared to the others... sold!". Lol.

I love Halo, as evidenced by my buying the $350 console, $350 Gaems vanguard, and $100 LE all at the same time. But I don't care about barbie dress up for my spartan, so I will totally profit off that if I can. :D

What I really don't get those is if someone's willing to pay $100-150 for the armor, why not just buy the dang console? If you're getting the game, and you pay $100 for the armor, that means the difference between what you're spending and the entire console bundle is only $190. $190 more and you get a console and two controllers along with the game and armor you're already buying. Seems like a no-brainer, but I guess some people budget maxes out at $160 lol so game and armor is it? I dunno, just seems weird. Once again though I guess to each his own in regards to how to spend their money.

I'm honestly tempted to buy another console and sell the FOTUS and copy of Halo 4 that come with it and only be out $200 for the console after the sales lol. Then I can have one console to play and one to keep mint in the box along with my star wars console that shall not be opened.

BiggD
10-26-2012, 12:33 AM
Why not buy the Fotus armor?
It's unique and yet looks remarkably lame. Which is why BiggD will be wearing it!

It's simple, I sell because there are lots of people desperate to buy for an insanely increased price...buying up all the codes like this you can and it's a really easy way to turn a profit quickly. I know that with the profit I can buy more and more halo stuff (books, next years limited edition, gamerfuel, halo brand condoms)

:eek: If only...

DarkReign2021
10-26-2012, 12:44 AM
Forget Trojans. Spartans are the only condoms I use now! B)

I really wish the Xbox had a copy and paste for the web browser. I was going to link to a page from an old comic I used to read that has a joke about this. Whatever. If you're interested, go to Halo.Bungie.org and do a search for "Questionable Content" and you'll get only one result. That's what I'm linking to.

theNomad
10-26-2012, 01:17 PM
:eek: those paying so much are fools because the armor isn't even exclusive, everyone gets it at sr130.

One of the users over on 343i's website mentioned it, and its been since confirmed.

So it would seem the FOTUS armor has gone the way of LE Recruit armor...available to everyone at a certain point. In this forum article are listed several sites that have been recently updated, in them the description only states the skins and emblems as being exclusive, not the armor. So it would seem the FOTUS armor is no longer exclusive to the Halo 4 Xbox360 console.
Supposedly, the FOTUS armor is armor unlocked at SR-130.
To clarify, as has now been revealed, when you get the skin for an armor, such as the Prime skin, the Recruit armor is in turn unlocked. The FOTUS skin with the console unlocks the FOTUS armor, just now it is the case that everyone can have FOTUS once they hit SR-130, so console bundle owners will have it from day one.

lifeexpectancy
10-26-2012, 01:41 PM
I read that thread, and it's complete crap. 343i have answered in various places that the armor itself is exclusive to the console sku. Here's an excerpt from just one of those answers:

"The PAX build contains the full set of armor in Halo 4. In the final game, there are a variety of methods for unlocking armor and armor skins - ranking up, earning commendations, progressing through Specializations and completing goals on Waypoint. Some of the skins, helmets, and the FOTUS armor are exclusive to various retail offers."

The guy that made that thread is THEORIZING. Hell, even his original post says something to the effect of "my theory is that it is unlocked at SR-130". He has absolutely no factual evidence; merely conjecture. All answers from 343i have been to the contrary.

Personally I could care less if fotus becomes unlockable for everyone at a later date, or if it's unlockable from day 1. I will have already sold my code for it.

However, it pisses me off when one idiot can just spout shit he's pulling out of his ass and get so many people believing it, regardless of WHAT the subject is. As it stands however, it IS currently restricted to the console buyers (or code purchasers on ebay). 343i have confirmed this. That thread needs to be closed.

One of the users over on 343i's website mentioned it, and its been since confirmed.

No, it hasn't been confirmed except by other paranoid/rumor spouting users. No one at 343i has confirmed this "theory".

theNomad
10-26-2012, 03:16 PM
I read that thread, and it's complete crap. 343i have answered in various places that the armor itself is exclusive to the console sku. Here's an excerpt from just one of those answers:

"The PAX build contains the full set of armor in Halo 4. In the final game, there are a variety of methods for unlocking armor and armor skins - ranking up, earning commendations, progressing through Specializations and completing goals on Waypoint. Some of the skins, helmets, and the FOTUS armor are exclusive to various retail offers."

The guy that made that thread is THEORIZING. Hell, even his original post says something to the effect of "my theory is that it is unlocked at SR-130". He has absolutely no factual evidence; merely conjecture. All answers from 343i have been to the contrary.

Personally I could care less if fotus becomes unlockable for everyone at a later date, or if it's unlockable from day 1. I will have already sold my code for it.

However, it pisses me off when one idiot can just spout shit he's pulling out of his ass and get so many people believing it, regardless of WHAT the subject is. As it stands however, it IS currently restricted to the console buyers (or code purchasers on ebay). 343i have confirmed this. That thread needs to be closed.

Bro the contents for both the console and le's have changed at key retailers to exclusive skins not exclusive armors, so its sounding like the armor will be available to all players at some period. Thats why the thread was made by the 343i user, who was pissed off like myself at the way 4 has been marketed.

Check out Gamestops console details its clearing just skin now not armor. Thats a decent company policy to actually tell the customer what hes really getting.
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/consoles/xbox-360-320gb-limited-edition-halo-4-console/103352#productDetails

lifeexpectancy
10-26-2012, 04:11 PM
He (and you by believing him) are still basing your assumptions on verbage by retailers marketing the item rather than by 343. Once again, if you read that entire thread, users have posted DIRECT LINKS to questions and the subsequent answers from 343i EMPLOYEES stating that it is, in fact, armor that comes with the console, not a "skin".

I don't really see why this is even still being discussed. If 343i themselves (not some random 343i USER aka halo waypoint forums user) have already responded and stated it fotus ARMOR not a skin for the fotus armor that comes with the console, why insist on believing some half-baked theory?

I can see I'm not going to convince you, or that thread's OP for that matter. Like I said before I could care less personally regarding the armor itself as my ebay auction has already reached a price I'm more than comfortable selling it for. What is so frustrating to me is just the fact that so many people are giving credence to some guy whose only "proof" is the word "skin" instead of the word "armor" in a few adverts, despite the fact that 343i has stated numerous times to the contrary.

If it somehow (and I SERIOUSLY doubt it) does turn out to be true, then I will be the first to admit I was wrong. I will have already made my $$ selling whatever dlc code comes with it, and I'm sure the purchaser will be happy in the long run with the armor on his Avatar long after he stops playing Halo 4. But as many of my friends in RL will tell you, although I'm wrong on rare occasion, it just doesn't happen that often.

theNomad
10-26-2012, 04:38 PM
The retailers marketing has changed for a reason bro, because they don't want to appear to be offering an item they arn't offering. It also changed for the LE as well. You can turn a blind eye on it all you want because you're profiting in it.

All I've heard 343i confirm is any skin be it a pre-order one or from a retail package will unlock the armor as well.

You can see with your own eyes in the gamestop consoles details that it as been re-worded to say exclusive skin.

BiggD
10-26-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm gonna have to side with Life on this one.

theNomad
10-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Dude its not intended as an arguement so no sides to take, but I doubt big retailers like gamestop go to the effort of rewording their websites contents for no reason.

TBH I think its unfair if it turns out console buyers or those who paid crazy prices for ebay codes don't get it exclusively. Just like I feel a little hard done by with the LE now just having a Prime skin to use on the Recruit armor that everyone unlocks at some point, its not much to ask for something exclusive in more costly packages.

BiggD
10-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Dude its not intended as an arguement so no sides to take, but I doubt big retailers like gamestop go to the effort of rewording their websites contents for no reason.

TBH I think its unfair if it turns out console buyers or those who paid crazy prices for ebay codes don't get it exclusively. Just like I feel a little hard done by with the LE now just having a Prime skin to use on the Recruit armor that everyone unlocks at some point, its not much to ask for something exclusive in more costly packages.

It doesn't have to be an arguement to take sides. I'm simply stating that I think Life is correct.

Hishoa
10-26-2012, 05:36 PM
I remember several Gamestop employees saying their Forest armor skin will remain exclusive to their stores long after the game's been released. What a crock of shit that was, hah.

DarkReign2021
10-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Well I now have all of my codes up on Ebay. Decided it would be easiest to do it all in one lump bundle. the FOTUS code, the LE Codes, the Triton Trigger Code, the UNSC Controller Code, and the Gamestop Pre-order bonus codes. Starting price at $100. Just gotta hope somebody bites. lol

BiggD
10-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Well I now have all of my codes up on Ebay. Decided it would be easiest to do it all in one lump bundle. the FOTUS code, the LE Codes, the Triton Trigger Code, the UNSC Controller Code, and the Gamestop Pre-order bonus codes. Starting price at $100. Just gotta hope somebody bites. lol

Just out of curiosity, why not just keep the codes to yourself for collecting purposes?

Ty-Rex
10-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Just out of curiosity, why not just keep the codes to yourself for collecting purposes?
He has a long history of not caring much about Halo's multiplayer.

You know you would make a lot more money if you pieced them out individually, right?

xXmyxxmastaXx
10-26-2012, 11:49 PM

eBAY mONAYYYY!

BiggD
10-27-2012, 12:13 AM
He has a long history of not caring much about Halo's multiplayer.

Ahh, I hadn't known. Well, that explains that!

eBAY mONAYYYY!

true, true!

DarkReign2021
10-27-2012, 12:38 AM
For collecting purposes, I find digital content to be relatively worthless. The codes have an expiration Date and the content isn't accessible after that happens. And like was stated above, I'm not a fan of Multiplayer gaming. I'll play competitive for achievements and the occassional fit of boredom, but I play Halo for the Campaign and Firefight/Spartan-Ops

lifeexpectancy
10-27-2012, 12:39 AM
Better off pricing them at $1 starting bid, auction style. People are always more hesitant to take the plunge for a higher price but will bid it up like crazy.

Dark is looking at selling the codes so he can buy a Vanguard silly!

BiggD
10-27-2012, 12:43 AM
For collecting purposes, I find digital content to be relatively worthless. The codes have an expiration Date and the content isn't accessible after that happens. And like was stated above, I'm not a fan of Multiplayer gaming. I'll play competitive for achievements and the occassional fit of boredom, but I play Halo for the Campaign and Firefight/Spartan-Ops

I can't argue with ya there man. The Campaign has always been my main interest in the franchise. I would go as far as paying $60 for a 'Campaign-Only' Halo 4.

DarkReign2021
10-27-2012, 12:48 AM
I can't argue with ya there man. The Campaign has always been my main interest in the franchise. I would go as far as paying $60 for a 'Campaign-Only' Halo 4.

You are my long-lost brother! lol

And yes, I want to get a Vanguard. I've also got my original Xbox 360 up for sale on Craigslist. First and foremost I want to trade for a PS3 Slim, but if I end up getting a cash offer for it instead I'll put that toward my Vanguard.

lifeexpectancy
10-27-2012, 12:54 AM
I'm with ya guys. I do like the MP but I wouldn't miss it terribly. I played through Halo 1&2 campaigns the other night and will playing Halo 3 & ODST campaigns this weekend. Next week I'll run through Reach's campaign and do a little MP and firefight to get my sea legs back.

BiggD
10-27-2012, 12:56 AM

And yes, I want to get a Vanguard. I've also got my original Xbox 360 up for sale on Craigslist. First and foremost I want to trade for a PS3 Slim, but if I end up getting a cash offer for it instead I'll put that toward my Vanguard.

Can it be....brother?!

But seriously, I've never played a game that has had such an in-depth story/universe that has gotten me emotionally attached like every Halo title has.

The Vanguard looks way too nice to pass up but I'm tight on cash right now and don't know if it's worth selling my Elite once I get the Halo 4 Console. If you can, get the Vanguard though, by any means. For me and the countless others who won't be able to experience it's beauty :(

BiggD
10-27-2012, 01:01 AM
I'm with ya guys. I do like the MP but I wouldn't miss it terribly. I played through Halo 1&2 campaigns the other night and will playing Halo 3 & ODST campaigns this weekend. Next week I'll run through Reach's campaign and do a little MP and firefight to get my sea legs back.

I feel like we're in the minority here. I know a decent amount of my friends/co-workers who are simply buying Halo for...wait for it...the Multiplayer, as they have no desire to, and I quote, "...play the dreadfully boring story. I would rather play Gears of War or Uncharted 100 times than play through Halo's 1-3. The Chief is such a boring character and Cortana talks too much. For a Sci-Fi FPS, it's really not that good."

Hearing this last week at work, a part of died inside, and I was torn whether to convince them Halo's Universe is the most interesting yet...or smack them across the face.

xXmyxxmastaXx
10-27-2012, 01:22 AM
i want to buy digital codes so i wont use my own, but those prices are crazy. im looking for `20 bucks and under

Ty-Rex
10-27-2012, 01:29 AM
Hearing this last week at work, a part of died inside, and I was torn whether to convince them Halo's Universe is the most interesting yet...or smack them across the face.
Don't do either of those btw. Edit: Don't do what the guy below me said either.

Halo's multiplayer is the best part.

haters gonna hate.

campaign?
more like
camp-LAME

oh man I got you so good campaign. so burned.

ReverendSID
10-27-2012, 02:55 AM
Well, I'd go with smack them. And if these co-workers were people you called friends, smack yourself and never associate with them again.

lifeexpectancy
10-27-2012, 03:29 AM
Don't get me wrong I do like the multiplayer. Like I said some of my fondest memories of Halo were in MP. But the vast majority of those were LAN parties not xbox live multiplayer. Too many entitled little shits online with ANY shooter these days. Halo has always seemed, to me at least, to have less of them than other shooters, but they're still a pervasive presence.

That's why I say I wouldn't miss it. I'll love the campaign I'm sure. I even liked Reach's campaign. The ending was a tingly connection to Halo 1. But I wouldn't miss MP because I can always pop Halo 1, 2, 3 or Reach in and play customs with friends since I have 2 consoles and 2 copies of each.

xXmyxxmastaXx
10-27-2012, 03:36 AM
you can only play campaign so many times before it gets boring. no MP= not many sales and
death of halo

DarkReign2021
10-27-2012, 03:45 AM
you can only play campaign so many times before it gets boring. no MP= not many sales and
death of halo

Meh. You can only play so much MP before it gets boring too. Ultimately any decent match boils down to people exploiting any manipulation, camping the same weapon spawn, and using the same glitches to win or annoy the other team, followed by squeakers that call you a bitch when they win and a fag when they lose. In the long run, different paths = Same results.

Ultimately games in general have very short life spans. Games in general just don't have the lasting power that they used to. Back in the early days of the Industry games just seemed to last us longer, but that might be because they were hard as hell to beat and we knew to make them last because there was far less to pick and choose from.

xXmyxxmastaXx
10-27-2012, 03:53 AM
Meh. You can only play so much MP before it gets boring too. Ultimately any decent match boils down to people exploiting any manipulation, camping the same weapon spawn, and using the same glitches to win or annoy the other team, followed by squeakers that call you a bitch when they win and a fag when they lose. In the long run, different paths = Same results.

Ultimately games in general have very short life spans. Games in general just don't have the lasting power that they used to. Back in the early days of the Industry games just seemed to last us longer, but that might be because they were hard as hell to beat and we knew to make them last because there was far less to pick and choose from.

well i got halo 3 in dec. 2008 and continued to play until June of 2010, and the only reason it was that long is because of MP

quickhhh
10-27-2012, 04:26 AM
Some people really love to waste their money. To me that isn't even worth $1.50.

BiggD
10-27-2012, 04:39 AM
Well, I'd go with smack them. And if these co-workers were people you called friends, smack yourself and never associate with them again.

I'll be sure to have my hand meet the side of their face when I get back to work Monday.

I guess I'll have to punish myself for putting trust in these people :(

DarkReign2021
10-27-2012, 04:39 AM
well i got halo 3 in dec. 2008 and continued to play until June of 2010, and the only reason it was that long is because of MP

To each their own. I still play the Halo 1 Campaign to this day. I haven't gone a week without playing it in one form or another since the game came out. I also spend a decent amount of time in ODST's Campaign whereas Halo 2 hasn't been touched much since the 360 came out and H3 and Reach haven't been touched sinced I got the last achievements in each game. I will break all 6 Halo titles out before H4 comes out, though. Gotta run through each campaign once before this hits shelves.

BiggD
10-27-2012, 04:42 AM
Squeakers that call you a bitch when they win and a fag when they lose. In the long run, different paths = same results.

Games in general just don't have the lasting power that they used to. Back in the early days of the Industry games just seemed to last us longer...

I hate the squeakers as well, makes my ears bleeds half the time.

Games like Super Mario 64, am I right? Those were the days :)

ReverendSID
10-27-2012, 05:35 AM
I guess I'll have to punish myself for putting trust in these people :(
Yup, your Halo sense has failed you. Self flagellation may help to restore it.
To each their own. I still play the Halo 1 Campaign to this day. I haven't gone a week without playing it in one form or another since the game came out. I also spend a decent amount of time in ODST's Campaign whereas Halo 2 hasn't been touched much since the 360 came out and H3 and Reach haven't been touched sinced I got the last achievements in each game. I will break all 6 Halo titles out before H4 comes out, though. Gotta run through each campaign once before this hits shelves.
Thanks for reminding me. I played through 1, 2 and reach recently, but I still need to go through 3 and ODST again before the 6th. Wars I'll give a miss cause I didn't keep it and am not planning to buy it again. For a console RTS it wasn't bad, and the story was good, but I didn't feel it rated a replay, and definitely wasn't getting into the multiplayer on it. I suppose I'll check for the story vids on youtube or something.

Hishoa
10-27-2012, 05:38 AM
So the FOTUS helmet isn't as spiky as the promo pictures make it out to be..

http://i49.tinypic.com/1z1srav.png

exo-apollo
10-27-2012, 06:46 AM
Back in the early days of the Industry games just seemed to last us longer, but that might be because they were hard as hell to beat and we knew to make them last because there was far less to pick and choose from.

Hah yeah I saved pocket money for so long to get Goldeneye and then played it solely for a year...tough times.

lifeexpectancy
10-27-2012, 09:57 AM
For anyone that believed that half-assed theory on waypoint's forums about FOTUS, here is a lazy link that takes you directly to David Ellis of 343i answering the question via Twitter, with zero ambiguity:

https://twitter.com/DavidEllis/status/261888149431648257

I will edit the link and make it pretty when I'm not on my phone. There, see? I was right. It's crazy how often that happens.

BiggD
10-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Yup, your Halo sense has failed you. Self flagellation may help to restore it.

Forgive me, brother.

For anyone that believed that half-assed theory on waypoint's forums about FOTUS, here is a lazy link that takes you directly to David Ellis of 343i answering the question via Twitter, with zero ambiguity:

I will edit the link and make it pretty when I'm not on my phone. There, see? I was right. It's crazy how often that happens.

I had faith in you. You have not let me down.

DropDead Daniel
10-28-2012, 07:11 AM
definetly gonna sell mine. and one of the console controllers. and the pre order dlc.

xXmyxxmastaXx
10-28-2012, 07:15 AM
definetly gonna sell mine. and one of the console controllers. and the pre order dlc.

amen, fotus can net you 120+ dollars. bundle the controllers with some dlc and charge extra for it to get more money.

DropDead Daniel
10-28-2012, 07:22 AM
only selling one of the controllers. but yeah im sure the fotus armor, the controller, and pre order stuff will net me hopefully 200 dollars lol.

150 dollars for a halo 4 console, 320 gb harddrive, halo 4 game, cheapheadset, and a nice controller.

good deal in anyones eyes.

ReverendSID
10-28-2012, 07:40 AM
only selling one of the controllers. but yeah im sure the fotus armor, the controller, and pre order stuff will net me hopefully 200 dollars lol.

150 dollars for a halo 4 console, 320 gb harddrive, halo 4 game, cheapheadset, and a nice controller.

good deal in anyones eyes.
And I'd follow this model except for the initial outlay of $350 + tax & shipping, and the fact that I'm too stubborn to actually sell the codes. The collector in me would rebel against it.

DropDead Daniel
10-28-2012, 08:16 AM
And I'd follow this model except for the initial outlay of $350 + tax & shipping, and the fact that I'm too stubborn to actually sell the codes. The collector in me would rebel against it.
i dont have to pay shipping and tax. im in new hampshire and theres no sales tax :p.

but yeah preorder dlcs are gonna be in a skins pack. so i dont mind losing that as a collector since ill just buy that skin pack. ill miss the fotus armor. might try and buy a cheap one alone alot later if it happens to go down in price.

MangledRex
10-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Luckily for me I got a console from the mountain dew giveaway thing they are doing here, I probably won't even be using the console as my gow3 slim is only just over a year old and not really in need of replacing yet

ReverendSID
10-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Luckily for me I got a console from the mountain dew giveaway thing they are doing here, I probably won't even be using the console as my gow3 slim is only just over a year old and not really in need of replacing yet
Well, feel free to send it to me. I'll use it. :) I never even got a slim.

BiggD
10-28-2012, 03:23 PM

150 dollars for a halo 4 console, 320 gb harddrive, halo 4 game, cheapheadset, and a nice controller. good deal in anyones eyes.

Similar to what I'm doing. Selling one of the controllers for $65 & the headset for $15 from the Console Bundle. Makes it a good deal :)

You and I both. Even though they're just digital codes, I refuse to part from them!

DarkReign2021
10-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Even though the sale of them is nearly half of a Vanguard, an ultimately superior addition to your collection a handful of numbers and letters that can't be looked upon by outsiders? ;-) Just think about it. lol

Made $50 last night selling my old Trench Coat, my auction is currently going for $51 with 3 days left, and so far I've heard nothing for my Xbox 360 on Craigslist, but I'm holding out hope and might drop the price a little bit since it doesn't look like trading it for a PS3 is going to happen. Between these 3 things, I'm effectively within range of the Vanguard to be able to pay off the rest with my paycheck reasonably if everything goes accordingly. Also going to trade in some books and games today, so I will probably get another $20-$30 for the pot.

theNomad
10-29-2012, 03:30 PM

I apologize about saying it wasn't exclusive, I've just read this over at 343i's own forum as well. Was just a few of the fans got worried over the contents being re-worded at retailers.

lifeexpectancy
10-29-2012, 03:43 PM
No biggie man. Like I said I just found it annoying that one doofus could post a thread where he was merely theorizing with no proof, and suddenly everyone took it as gospel and freaked out. Just one of my pet peeves is all.

The Cloak
11-03-2012, 04:00 AM

Forgive me for my ignorance but what's a vanguard? it sounds cool whatever it is :)

anorexicwes
11-03-2012, 06:51 AM
I sold mine with the amazon and gamestop preorder codes and made 137 bucks. A protip, if you end up selling the armor, make the auction only 24 hours. I did my first one for 5 days and ebay shut it down after 2.

lifeexpectancy
11-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Ebay shut mine down AFTER the guy paid me. I did it buy-it-now style. They refunded him his money after the auction had already ended and sent me a notice. I said "screw this" and sold them through craigslist instead. Much less hassle.