PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 Launch Trailer "Scanned"

Hishoa
10-19-2012, 05:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO376G4tbGM
____

A fan-edited version, one which I think rivals, if not out-performs the original. Here's the fan's reasoning of it being made:
I was thinking while watching, since the Didact scanning the chiefs memories for a weakness is the focus of the video then there should be a song like revival playing throughout to give the feeling of rising terror and anxiety ! Im glad people are enjoying it (・ω・)Halo 4 -Scanned- Trailer ( Fan Made ) - YouTube

MixMaker1
10-19-2012, 05:24 AM
Holy shit!

Hishoa
10-19-2012, 05:27 AM
Holy shit!

IMO the best response to this trailer.

ajennice
10-19-2012, 05:47 AM
pretty damed sweet!!!

lifeexpectancy
10-19-2012, 08:12 AM
/Nerdgasm

WHY can't they just turn THAT into a full feature-length 90-120min movie??? I don't understand after all these years why they haven't capitalized on the special effects available in Hollywood to do Halo justice on the Big Screen.

FUD is cool and all, but I want a movie of the fall of reach! Hell I want a whole trilogy of Halo movies at least, maybe more. There's SO much material to draw from. It could and would be bigger and better than the original Star Wars trilogy if done right. That's not nerd blasphemy; it's the truth!

PS - MixMaker and DarkReign, the three of us and one of the other die-hards need to play through this damn game co-op man.

theNomad
10-19-2012, 09:09 AM
The bits with young John being plucked to become a spartan could be used before the movie titles kick in.

Fincher would be a good choice to direct it as well, though I've always kinda swayed towards the MOON team of director Duncan Jones and Sam Rockwell as the Chief. PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN over the next few years.

That promehean assassination is bad ass :uzi:--== pew pew

LickableLemons7
10-19-2012, 10:01 AM
I've watched it 4 times so far. So good. Production values must've been through the roof, even for a trailer.

"Master Chief's mind is violated by a powerful new enemy, who in searching for Chief's weaknesses, finds the source of his strength."

'Atta boy John, make us proud.

While I would like to see a Halo movie, I want it done if, and only if, the movie touches ground that we haven't touched in the universe yet. No, I'm not suggesting that 343i scrap Halo 5 and 6 and make it into a 3 hour finale. The games are special, and I want to still have that special feeling unmarred when I replay Combat Evolved/Anniversary for the 72nd time.

I'd love to see film a full feauture about something new, revolving around the Reclaimer trilogy. Not something taken from the original trilogy, not from the Contact Harvest time period to Halo 3's ending. Keep things fresh and exciting for those of us who've played the games and read the books more than once.

Back to my "blackout."

BiggD
10-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Simply amazing.

RBmaster9345
10-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Those Knights got FUCKED.

Side note, the way the Didact stands tall over John is surely a reference to John doing the same to everyone else thus far in the series.

MixMaker1
10-19-2012, 05:42 PM
PS - MixMaker and DarkReign, the three of us and one of the other die-hards need to play through this damn game co-op man.
So down!

And yes, this ad is amazing. There's some really interesting easter eggs I might make a video about too. Great stuff.

PS: Didact is tall. 13 feet iirc.

DarkReign2021
10-19-2012, 06:03 PM
....Jesus Christ.

The Didact is one intimidating monster and we now have a face for the Master Chief. The most exciting part of this trilogy is that the Chief now has an actual Adversary. Before we had the Prophets, but ultimately they were just religious individuals hiding behind their armies and the overall Covenant was the bad guy ultimately. Now with things getting more personal through Jul 'Mdama AND the Didact, the shits abouts to hit the proverbial fan.

And through watching this and every other live action trailer they've done, I cannot help but wonder WHY every other videogame movie ever released has looked like crap. Halo is a living example of everything that the videogame/movie relationship could, should, and would look like with the right market and budgeting.

MixMaker1
10-19-2012, 07:12 PM
....Jesus Christ.
^ This

Now with things getting more personal through Jul 'Mdama AND the Didact, the shits abouts to hit the proverbial fan.
Agree'd. I found Jul's story to really empower new life into their species. Not only this, but for once, the belief in the Forerunners and Didact has substantial ground and they completely took "religion" out of it. Love it.

ReverendSID
10-19-2012, 07:20 PM
You know, with all 343's talk of sticking to cannon and how the books are now part of that cannon they seem to have completely ignored one key part of John's character. He's a redhead! In this and the opening cinematic, which ended up on Youtube several times before being pulled down, he's got brown hair. WTF man?!

RBmaster9345
10-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Agree'd. I found Jul's story to really empower new life into their species. Not only this, but for once, the belief in the Forerunners and Didact has substantial ground and they completely took "religion" out of it. Love it.

When the game got revealed I had a hard time figuring out who the hell the enemies were going to be then even more confused when the Covies were shown. Like if we made peace then why are they still fighting us? Reading Glasslands helps a loooooooooot in understanding the Covies' role in this game. If there were anyone to be leading this faction, Jul's the guy.

Hishoa
10-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Added a fan-edited version to the OP. I think it's really impressive, any of you?

Here's the fan's reasoning for the "edited" version:

I was thinking while watching, since the Didact scanning the chiefs memories for a weakness is the focus of the video then there should be a song like revival playing throughout to give the feeling of rising terror and anxiety ! Im glad people are enjoying it (・ω・)

Halo 4 -Scanned- Trailer ( Fan Made ) - YouTube

T ReXD
10-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Looks crazy.. can't wait for Flood mode in MP.