PDA

View Full Version : xbox elite system

xboxmastmad
09-17-2007, 09:23 PM
is xbox elite is a regular xbox 360 or are they make new xbox 360

james
09-17-2007, 09:27 PM
No apprently it has some new parts inside which can help prevent system errors as well as the HDMI port and it being black. I have one because of the problems I had with the white 1 so far i tested it for a whole day without a cooler and it wasn't red hot max temperature about 29 degrees C so not to hot but it has new features as well as new parts inside

check for specifications in google compare them to a premium.

narcolepticshee
09-17-2007, 09:33 PM
A mate of mine saw an Elite in currys (UK) and it was a test machine (the ones you can play on) and it had the flashing red rings on it haha! No shit!

Apparently they're releasing an ultimate soon which has the HD-DVD player in it and a chronic hard drive.

Peace

james
09-17-2007, 09:34 PM
haha lol loads of people find stores with xbox's with 3 red lights loads on youtbe now lol

Xterm1n8or
09-17-2007, 09:40 PM
You can get a brand new Elite for 249.10 from Littlewoods online if you use these codes!

http://www.littlewoodsdirect.com/rf/lxd//navigation/product.do?D=427247404&thisprod=427247404&Mis_item_loc_id=1&Ntk=group_search&SNtt=PU153&Nu=this_product&N=0&Ntt=427247404&Dx=mode+matchall&Np=1&product=427247404&Nty=1&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&SNu=pca_id&Mis_item_id=15

Promotional code:
use ZQ055 for 20 + FREE DELIVERY
Use XX276 for 10% DISCOUNT

Make sure to put the 10% discount one in first. :woop:

You can also use this to get a premium for 204! Bargain!

Stickreid
09-18-2007, 01:59 AM
when I got my 360 I first started it and it got 4 red circles and I was like HOLY SHIT HE SOLD IT TO ME WITH THE OVERHEAT CRAP but I just did some research and found out that my AV cables were fucked up ahahhahaha

Shinobi273
09-18-2007, 02:09 AM
Anyone know if the failure rate of the elites is improved or do they die fast like the pro ones?

Rammbone
09-18-2007, 02:14 AM
A mate of mine saw an Elite in currys (UK) and it was a test machine (the ones you can play on) and it had the flashing red rings on it haha! No shit!

Apparently they're releasing an ultimate soon which has the HD-DVD player in it and a chronic hard drive.

Peace Where did you get this information from? I'm thinking of buying an Elite, but will wait. If this true. Can anyone confirm this.

wild dog
09-18-2007, 02:25 AM
Here are some links but it is just a rumor

http://www.slashgear.com/rumor-xbox-360-ultimate-126711.php

http://stuff.tv/news/xbox-360-ultimate-in-the-pipeline/default.aspx

PerpetualHeaven
09-18-2007, 03:04 AM

Peace

Unless you have supporting evidence I call BS. Also, I hope you mean chrome HDD and not chronic.

Clipse 2
09-18-2007, 03:55 AM
Unless you have supporting evidence I call BS. Also, I hope you mean chrome HDD and not chronic.
I think he means permanent as in an internal hard drive like the original Xbox had.

Right now its a rumor and not a very solid one. The whole thing stems from a from Neogaf that spoke with a GameStop employee (of all freaking people) who said a new sku had been introduced called the Xbox 360 Ultimate which has an HD-DVD drive built in.

Its a feasible setup if MS wanted to do it, it would give the blue-ray a little more competition, and allow game makers to go into more detail with their games.

Source: http://gamers-creed.com/?p=308

PerpetualHeaven
09-18-2007, 04:13 AM
I think he means permanent as in an internal hard drive like the original Xbox had.

Right now its a rumor and not a very solid one. The whole thing stems from a from Neogaf that spoke with a GameStop employee (of all freaking people) who said a new sku had been introduced called the Xbox 360 Ultimate which has an HD-DVD drive built in.

Its a feasible setup if MS wanted to do it, it would give the blue-ray a little more competition, and allow game makers to go into more detail with their games.

Source: http://gamers-creed.com/?p=308

If Microsoft did that, they would be outright supporting the HD-DVD which I remember from earlier statements that they said they wouldn't do that. I think it would be a risky business decision because the failure of HD-DVD would be really bad for them. It may be real, but I think it's a bad decision if it's real. I don't trust Gamestop employees either. They're generally full of turd. But thanks for the link at least :D I think instead of making so many new SKUs, they should work on them not breaking so often. Yeah... stupid pieces of crap. Damn machines. Another 1 month + without a 360 for me. *dies a little inside*

Clipse 2
09-18-2007, 04:27 AM
If Microsoft did that, they would be outright supporting the HD-DVD which I remember from earlier statements that they said they wouldn't do that. I think it would be a risky business decision because the failure of HD-DVD would be really bad for them. It may be real, but I think it's a bad decision if it's real. I don't trust Gamestop employees either. They're generally full of turd. But thanks for the link at least :D I think instead of making so many new SKUs, they should work on them not breaking so often. Yeah... stupid pieces of crap. Damn machines. Another 1 month + without a 360 for me. *dies a little inside*
Microsoft has already been outright supporting the HD-DVD since its original conception. They were backers with Intel and Toshiba from the get go. Having an attachment HD-DVD drive to the 360 with no plans of coming out with a Blu-ray attachment would indicate this as well.

Currently Blu-ray has a 10% lead over HD-DVD and it doesn't look like either is going away anytime soon. Having an HD-DVD drive built into an Xbox 360 console would be perfectly fine because as I said it would give developers the chance to expand on to games and include more content. Who cares if the movie side of the media fails. Do you think if the HD-DVD goes under no one will be buying 360s anymore?

As for MS needing to fix the consoles they are currently producing they've already started. Haven't you seen the images of new heatsinks and fans that are being put in to help solve the overheating problems?

Source for MS backing HD-DVD: http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/hardware/microsoft-hd-dvd.ars