PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order list

RBmaster9345
10-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Well I found this

http://www.ign.com/wikis/halo-4/Pre-Order_Bonuses

And it seems Best Buy's got the best shit. Are all these exclusive to just that preorder? I wonder cuz Venator (Best Buy preorder) was the armor I was most anxious for. Seems like a loooooooot content to toss around, unavailable to anyone who didnt preorder right. You think we can unlock these eventually without that preorder?

LickableLemons7
10-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Was the Recon UA/HUL [3] variant available only to those who pre-ordered Halo: Reach?

I guess that answers that.

I pre-ordered my LE from Best Buy a few months back, since that Raptor skin/venator armor or whatever reminded me of the advanced suit from Dead Space 2. Now, I'm expecting a big ass line in front of Best Buy at midnight on November 6th, since it seems like the it's dishing out the most popular/sexiest looking armor. And it's going to be funny watching the lines at the 2 GameStops on the other side of the street.

Time will tell if these pre-orders remain exclusive. I was sort of P'Oed when I pre-ordered Gears 3 from Best Buy (got the Commando Dom skin) and then down the road one of the map packs for the game featured Commando Dom, looking exactly the same, but his outfit was dark blue. But that was Gears of War 3, and this is Halo 4.

RBmaster9345
10-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Was the Recon UA/HUL [3] variant available only to those who pre-ordered Halo: Reach?

I guess that answers that.

Just a helmet attachment was. The actual helmet was still available in-game. Even then that was just pre-order or not, this is like 7 different retailers each with different stuff so I would think they CANT possible make that much content hands off to everyone else. The thing Im most concerned with is the armor, Venator. From all the armor I've seen of this game that has got to be my fav. The skin and helmet I know for fact are exclusives, just not the armor.

xXmyxxmastaXx
10-21-2012, 05:35 PM
well at gamestop you get
armor skin
BR skin
3 emblems
theme
and a avatar prop

RBmaster9345
10-21-2012, 05:57 PM
well at gamestop you get
armor skin
BR skin
3 emblems
theme
and a avatar prop

That's not my question. I want to know if anyone knows for certain if all the stuff shown above is only exclusive to that specific retailer's pre-order or not. It flat out says it for some, but not all the content which makes me wonder.

BiggD
10-21-2012, 08:27 PM
For whatever reason I don't really care for the Venator Armor, but that's just me.

The Web skin from Amazon in addition to the Console Bundle; and the Forest skin from Gamestop's Limited Edition, are enough for me.

Rednacht
10-21-2012, 11:58 PM
That's not my question. I want to know if anyone knows for certain if all the stuff shown above is only exclusive to that specific retailer's pre-order or not. It flat out says it for some, but not all the content which makes me wonder.

Venator armor is unlockable in-game. Best buy is just offering an exclusive pattern/color scheme for it. Not sure about the Deadeye though

RBmaster9345
10-22-2012, 12:54 AM
Venator armor is unlockable in-game. Best buy is just offering an exclusive pattern/color scheme for it. Not sure about the Deadeye though

That's what I was looking for, they were only modelling git ON the Venator armor set. It reads the Raptor skin and the Deadeye helmet (actually cool) are both the exclusives. But given Micro$oft's devaluing of the LE it wouldnt surprise me if we see all the preorder "exclusives" for DL soon.

ReverendSID
10-22-2012, 02:49 AM
I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure the Bestbuy bonus is just a skin for the helmet as well. I know the Locus helmet they show on the page linked in the OP is just a skin, because I saw the helmet with a completely different skin in one of the event videos. I wasn't looking for/didn't notice the Deadeye though, so I'm only "pretty sure." But if you look at the picture it does say "Deadeye Helmet Skin" at the top. In fact, it almost looks like the Stalker helmet (from the specialization) I mean, it's a drawing, so it's a little hard to compare to the completely green screenshot from the Spec page.