PDA

View Full Version : Preorder from Microsoft Store, get War Games pass free

Hishoa
10-22-2012, 02:24 AM
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Halo4

When you pre-order from the Microsoft store, you get both an armor skin and $25 off your next purchase (which is essentially a credit.)

All you'd need to do is either purchase the War Games map pack directly or purchase the $25 worth of Microsoft Points for your Live account.

lifeexpectancy
10-22-2012, 10:08 AM
I seem to recall the next purchase has to be a game though... I thought I remembered someone saying the promo code from a previous game's Microsoft store purchase didn't work for passes and MSP purchases, that it was rejected at checkout.

Hishoa
10-22-2012, 03:04 PM
I seem to recall the next purchase has to be a game though... I thought I remembered someone saying the promo code from a previous game's Microsoft store purchase didn't work for passes and MSP purchases, that it was rejected at checkout.

Aw, if this is true, then that's a bummer lol. It seems silly to make credit only applicable to games, though. Any sources?

StolenPaper18
10-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Limited time offer valid on eligible products thru 11/5/2012. $25 single use promo code coupon will be delivered via email within 10 days of game release. Offer and promo code not valid on previous orders, cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer or promotion. Online and in-store terms may differ. Promo code may only be used for future online purchase and expires on 12/31/2012. Limit 3 per person

Doesn't say games only. Unless they count Microsoft points as cash, should be fine. I haven't tried it though.

Hishoa
10-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Doesn't say games only. Unless they count Microsoft points as cash, should be fine. I haven't tried it though.

Some lifting information right there. Whoever pre-orders from Microsoft will be one happy fellow.

lifeexpectancy
10-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Confirmed via conversation below. I just wish I could've preordered the limited edition through the Microsoft Store. I'd just take the $25 credit and use it for Microsoft points anyway, same as getting the pass for free and spending money on 2000 microsoft points later on down the line anyway. Now if only I could find someone to buy another copy of Halo 4 off me, I'd preorder it and sell it to them and keep the code for myself, lol.

Only problem is MSP cards come in 1600 ($20) and 4000 ($50) increments via Microsoft store online, so you'll either wind up with $2-3 leftover after tax for the $20 card, or have to pay the difference on the $50 card. Oh, and 1600msp cards are currently out of stock, at least according to the "you might also like" on the side of my screen when testing a Halo 4 preorder.

Conversation with MS Store support -----

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Store. An Answer Tech will be with you shortly.
You are not currently connected to an Answer Tech.
All Answer Techs are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience. An Answer Tech will be with you shortly. You are currently '1' in the queue.

Privacy Statement (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=81184)

You are now chatting with 'Tom'.
Tom: Thanks for contacting Microsoft Store Chat! How can I help you today?
Me: The microsoft store is holding a promotion where you get a $25 credit towards your next purchase if you preorder Halo 4 through the Microsoft store. Can this credit be used to buy a microsoft points card through the microsoft store? It doesn't say the promotional credit has to be used toward a game, but I wanted to find out for sure.
Tom: That's a great question and I am happy to help!
Tom: Yes, you are able to use the $25 credit towards Microsoft Points.
Me: Ok, thank you for your assistance.
Tom: You're welcome!
Me: May I post this on the X360A forum? Several users there have asked this question.
Tom: Sure!
Me: Thanks Tom, have a good morning. :)

Hishoa
10-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Oh, and 1600msp cards are currently out of stock, at least according to the "you might also like" on the side of my screen when testing a Halo 4 preorder.

I'm not sure about this, but you could probably just purchase the War Games pass itself instead of Microsoft Points.

StolenPaper18
10-22-2012, 06:02 PM
1600 msp are only out of stock if you want them to ship you the actual card. You can still purchase the e-mail version.

Anyone else find it silly that the microsoft store is out of points? :p

lifeexpectancy
10-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Can you purchase the War Games pack directly from the Microsoft Store? I thought that had to be purchased through the xbox live marketplace...

Snowed
10-23-2012, 05:38 PM
It does. You can buy the 1600 points and lose $5, or you can buy the 4000 for $50 and spend a bit more.

CVG
10-23-2012, 07:38 PM
thanks for spotting this. 25 dollars and armor great deal. Gonna use it for the pass. You know that store has some really good deals for preordering. Wish they would be that generous with stuff on live.

DiasdeGalvan
11-01-2012, 10:43 PM
That's a good deal armor skin plus 25$ Microsoft Store credit so much better than Amazon where I usually buy games their pre-order bonus besides the skin is 10$ of Amazon Instant Video credit.

I'm pre-ordering from Microsoft Store.