PDA

View Full Version : Completed all endings, though game says I haven't ...

GSTAR321
10-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Here is my predicament.

I want to go for the final achievement in SH2. Obtaining the 'Green Hyper Spray'.

However, even though I have done all the endings and unlocked all the achievements related to them, the game says I have only "3/4 (+2)" complete.

The only reason I can think of is that for 2 endings, I reloaded a previous save file and ran through completing the necessary tasks and saved the 'result screen' to a new save location.

Is this my problem? Do I need to remember what endings I did this on and start a new game and do it again? ...

If so, that final achievement can go f*&k itself.

Cheers.

GSTAR321
10-23-2012, 10:52 PM
Nevermind.

Realised you had to "Load" the results screen of your previous game before hitting "New Game".

Ceris
10-23-2012, 10:58 PM
That's why in my achievement guide I warned about this. If you are dealing with multiple save files, you have the chance of an ending not being added to your end count.

All endings have to be done on ONE save file.

GSTAR321
10-23-2012, 11:10 PM
That's why in my achievement guide I warned about this. If you are dealing with multiple save files, you have the chance of an ending not being added to your end count.

Yea, all good.

11 Playthroughs later and I finally got my 10* rank and all achievements. It was brutal ... especially getting under 500 pts of dmge!

GSTAR321
10-28-2012, 02:26 AM

Your guide is a bit vague on how this is done.

From my experience you must do the following:

1. Upon completion of the game you will receive the results screen. Press 'A' to exit this screen.

2. It will then allow you to 'Save Clear Data'. Do this (ANY save slot).

3. MOST IMPORTANT STEP. Prior to pressing 'New Game' to commence your new playthrough, you MUST goto 'Load Game' first and Load you previously saved 'Clear Data'. Doing this will again show you the results screen for that playthrough. Press 'A' to exit this screen.

4. NOW you can select 'NEW Game' and the results will be saved. You can save over your previous 'Clear Data' save or on a new slot, it doesn't matter.

The key thing here is loading that previously cleared game save to bring up that results screen.

Failure to do this may result in the game not recognising that particular ending (from that cleared game save) once you clear the game again with a new ending.

Example:

You cleared the game once and got the "In Water" ending.

You then save the 'Cleared Game Data' to Save Slot 1.

You then return to the menu screen.

You press 'NEW GAME' and playthrough the game saving it frequently along the way on Save Slot 2.

You complete the game unlocking the "In leave" ending and save the 'Cleared Game Data' to save slot 2.

However, the results screen will only show 1/4 endings complete. The 1 ending that is recognised is the "In leave" ending.

The "In Water" ending will not be recognised because you failed to load save slot 1's "Cleared Game Data" prior to pressing "NEW Game".

Hope this clears things up for people.

I learnt this the hard way.