PDA

View Full Version : New Halo 4 CTF on Forge Made Map Relay

Hishoa
10-23-2012, 03:50 PM
New Halo 4 CTF on Forge Made Map Relay - YouTube

only because you said something, iBuzz.

ps: does this map remind anyone else of Assembly from Halo 3's Mythic Map pack?

pss: 'dem shadows

iBuzz7S
10-23-2012, 04:00 PM
only because you said something, iBuzz.
Ha ha, I spoke too soon. :p

Yeah, it does remind me of Assembly. Looks pretty neat, don't you think? Sounds of the weapons are pretty good as well.

Gackt
10-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Not a big Halo fan but everytime I see a new video I get more and more excited to play this for some reason lol. Thx for the vid :)

BiggD
10-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Map does look similar to Assembly.

0:22 - Was that guy seriously shooting the DMR from the hip down range....

Hishoa
10-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Ha ha, I spoke too soon. :p

Yeah, it does remind me of Assembly. Looks pretty neat, don't you think? Sounds of the weapons are pretty good as well.

Is a neat map. But it's the shadows I'm enjoying. I know in past Halo games the Active Camo would become obvious when moving through certain textures, I wonder what it'll be like in these shadows; harder to track, or easier?

Not a big Halo fan but everytime I see a new video I get more and more excited to play this for some reason lol. Thx for the vid :)

Yet your sig is a picture of the chief. ;)

Gackt
10-23-2012, 07:54 PM
Is a neat map. But it's the shadows I'm enjoying. I know in past Halo games the Active Camo would become obvious when moving through certain textures, I wonder what it'll be like in these shadows; harder to track, or easier?

Yet your sig is a picture of the chief. ;)

Made it because I am actually excited for a new Halo game for once :D

ReverendSID
10-23-2012, 08:10 PM
I liked the rag doll at 1:19-1:23. And even though they've already shown shadows in forge creation videos, it's pretty awesome to see them in an actual match. Huge difference from Reach forge maps.

theNomad
10-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Is this the beta for Star Wars Battlefront III :eek:

Only messing I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen of the forge so far, was a little bit of news I stumbled on the other day thats kinda worrying to forgers though, was on 343i's own forum Frankie had made a statement someplace that community created maps won't be put into rotation in the standard playlists, untill all the DLC maps have been released (which could be a good 12 months).

So no fame for forgers outside of featuring in roosterteeths horse or custom matches. Plus anything unique the forgers do manage to create between now and then, could possibly be used or adapted into one of the future dlc maps that isn't finished yet (not that theres anything really wrong in using a good idea).

I know theres a good percentage of guys who hate forge maps, so they're probably jumping for joy at the news. Personally I do favour official maps more, but a few new forge maps thrown into the playlist keeps things from getting stale, especially after 5-6 months of just 10 official maps.

Hishoa
10-24-2012, 12:53 AM
I know theres a good percentage of guys who hate forge maps, so they're probably jumping for joy at the news. Personally I do favour official maps more, but a few new forge maps thrown into the playlist keeps things from getting stale, especially after 5-6 months of just 10 official maps.

While I can understand your frustration, it appears to me that community maps are becoming too common in the playlists. Quite a few times 4 of the 6 offered maps (after selecting None of the Above) were community made, and frankly I think many players just got tired of the stale Forge pallet time and time again.

There being 3 different bio-domes (sp?) in Forge for Halo 4, I'm sure the annoyance won't be as severe as it is in Halo: Reach, though I do hope community-made maps won't appear nearly as often as they currently do. I can only play so much BTB Heavies on Rasu. Good FUCKING god.

ReverendSID
10-24-2012, 01:50 AM
While I can understand your frustration, it appears to me that community maps a berecome too common in the playlists. Quite a few times 4 of the offered maps (after selecting None of the Above) were community made, and frankly I think many players just got tired of the stale Forge pallet time and time again.

Yeah, personally I got kinda sick of seeing forge maps. Mostly cause it seemed I always ended up with the same 3 or 4 of them. And they were comparatively dull. I mean there were some decent layouts and such, but visually forge maps in Reach kinda sucked. That's one of the reasons I'm actually a little hyped about Forge in Halo 4. The dynamic lighting alone will make it more visually interesting, but the different background options and the different item sets really open it up a bit more. I'm sure eventually it'll all blend together again, but at least I might actually finish making a map before I get bored with how it looks. :p lol