PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live Marketplace Revamp *Watchout*

Pedro7_2000
09-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Most people should have gotten the new Xbox Live Marketplace e-mails today showing the new format of their e-mails and the content included. It's a pretty good redesign and if I was more tech savvy I'd include a link.

But did anybody take the Survey? The survey link was the right of the COME IN & PLAY box.
It was only about 10 questions, but the last 3 were the ones listed below and they sacred the hell out of me.
I hope MS's not considering changing the way we pay for Live. If so, I have the feeling it won't be a change which favors the consumer.

Would you consider buying a service that allows downloading Xbox LIVE Marketplace content faster than your current experience?
Yes
No

What is the maximum monthly subscription fee you would consider paying for a faster download service on Xbox LIVE Marketplace?
$2/month or less
$3/month
$4/month
More than $4/month

What is the maximum you would be willing to pay per download for a service that allows faster downloading on Xbox LIVE Marketplace than your current experience?
10 cents per download or less
15 cents per download
20 cents per download
25 cents per download or more

Rammbone
09-18-2007, 08:59 PM
WOW...I think I see what you mean. They're testing the water. Damn M$

Skillet
09-18-2007, 09:04 PM
I doubt too many people will want to pay more for a service that would probably only cut the download time by 5 or 10 percent...TOPS. Hopefully, most people will either overlook the survey or at least say that they would not consider paying more.

The Pants Party
09-18-2007, 09:05 PM
It looks like it would be an optional thing. If they force people to pay more it would be pretty shitty, but it looks like something they would make optional.

Skillet
09-18-2007, 09:08 PM
It looks like it would be an optional thing. If they force people to pay more it would be pretty shitty, but it looks like something they would make optional.

Damn! I was just about to edit my post.

Yeah...it asks if you would "consider purchasing" a service. Probably another download that you would have to pay for monthly.

Bullet2theface
09-18-2007, 10:12 PM
that would suck if it would be forced..

SkillfulMmd
09-18-2007, 10:18 PM
they might be getting better servers or sumthing so they have to charge more or they wont be able to pay the price (we all know they can)

I King Pin 0
09-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Wow they should just included this now!!! That way they may sell more games if people realize they could get their games faster, instead of trying to pinch pennies out of us.

Pez
09-18-2007, 10:57 PM
I highly doubt things will download THAT much faster than they do now... Probably 5%-10% faster like Skillet98 said.

Well I won't be paying if this is optional since I hardly download much anyways. Even when I am downloading, I'm playing games, so I don't pay attention to the speed of the download.

~SS

hopesfall2win
09-19-2007, 12:18 AM
I would not pay for something to make my downloads go faster..its called a better connection. I swear they find a new way to nickle and dime people every month it seems.
________
Cat Wheel (http://www.catwheelcompany.com/)

09-19-2007, 01:34 AM
How can they make some downloads faster and others slower?

hopesfall2win
09-19-2007, 01:47 AM
They would "probably" use the money people fork over to buy better servers for 'faster' downloads for customers ..well at least that would make sense, but you can never tell what they do with their money..
________
black girl Cams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/ebony-girls/)

Sanction
09-19-2007, 01:50 AM
I have Verizon FiOS right now and my download speeds are blazing fast. I really wouldn't care if they were faster or not. And it doesn't seem like they can change download speed when it's your internet provider that determines the speed of your internet. :confused:

hopesfall2win
09-19-2007, 02:14 AM
Well they can increase the bandwidth on their end..for instance, the bioshock demo could have been downloaded faster when it was first released if they had more bandwidth or better servers and whatnot..so they can change it on their end.

Upgrading your own broadband connection/router would work just as good, if not better, if you were really concerned with speed.

I'd like to know how many people actually care how fast their downloads go, i mean for demos just wait a day or so and its blazingly fast..
________
Gay asian (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/610/asian/videos/1)

Lunacy182
09-19-2007, 02:20 AM
I wonder how many people actually said yes to the first question. I know I wouldn't pay to download something a little bit slower.

You should have made a poll, I would like to see if anyone would say yes here.

DoM cAbAn
09-19-2007, 03:09 AM
I wouldn't want to pay more. I've got enough patience for current download times, so it's fine with me.

TacticalChaos15
09-19-2007, 03:25 AM
I could see for somethings wanting to pay an extra penny or so for Shivering Isles to download faster but to just pay monthly when I don't really download all that much seems pretty unfair. Atleast they are suggesting it will be optional..... I hope it is anyway.

S1xthNY
09-19-2007, 08:41 AM
ah i got that email but didnt bother to really look it over. i hope they dont up prices.

PerpetualHeaven
09-19-2007, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't pay for this feature or even use it for this very specific reason: I can press the power button on my console, it will go into that power save mode, and BAM! I can leave my console over night while I'm sleeping and wake up to fresh new demos and content.

Legends xExilex
09-19-2007, 02:08 PM
$50 a year is enough for me. But it would be nice to make downloads faster for loyal customers.

Pedro7_2000
09-19-2007, 03:00 PM
I wouldn't pay for this feature or even use it for this very specific reason: I can press the power button on my console, it will go into that power save mode, and BAM! I can leave my console over night while I'm sleeping and wake up to fresh new demos and content.
Yeah, that's a good point. You'd like to think most people paid attention to the Update details, but I had to educate all of my friends this was now an available option.

The thing I really didn't like...if you answered NO to the first question, they still wanted you're opinion about what you'd be willing to pay. I'm sure a lot of people answered NO, but then still responded to the next two questions. So it still gives them an idea about what they could charge. As for me, I just left the next two questions blank.

I think they are trying to expand their Video marketplace which is requiring them to significantly upgrade their servers.

Adam Miller
09-19-2007, 03:11 PM
First of all everyone click the least amount and second of all as Pants said it would be optional and thats if they do implement.

To be honest the more options the better as long as you dont have to buy.:)