PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 - GAMEPLAY Launch Trailer

MixMaker1
10-24-2012, 03:02 AM
So good. So Epic. So Amazing!

Halo 4 - Gameplay Launch Trailer - YouTube

LickableLemons7
10-24-2012, 03:11 AM
Why must they show us his arms and shoulders yet never reveal his face? Such a tease, can't wait to uncover the Didact's face.

MixMaker1
10-24-2012, 03:19 AM
Why must they show us his arms and shoulders yet never reveal his face? Such a tease, can't wait to uncover the Didact's face.
This is a pretty badass trailer!

I really do hope we get a full 2-3 minutes trailer soon before launch. That being said, this really does ramp the excitement up for me... As if it couldn't get any HIGHER they go and release THIS!

ReverendSID
10-24-2012, 03:25 AM
It's times like these I want to pull a mini rip van winkle and just sleep until the release date. I'm going nuts with the waiting! (okay, I admit it's a short trip, but still! ;))

BiggD
10-24-2012, 04:04 AM
Why have I always loved the voice work for the Halo games? Didact's voice gives me the chills, as does Downes' since it appears to be more raspy and harsh.

Amazing trailer.

SiLeNt Sc0pE 16
10-24-2012, 05:36 AM
Holy shit, I can't wait.

LordXaero
10-24-2012, 06:40 AM
"The Forerunners, have returned"

Sent chills down my back.

LickableLemons7
10-24-2012, 09:25 AM
The more I watch this, the more disappointed I am with it. Hopefully 343i will release an extended cut of this that won't be televised. But what's with the Star Wars approach? I mean, they've already announced Halo 5 will have a darker tone, like Star Wars. The Didact can force choke like Darth Vader. If you think about it, Requiem is similar to the Death Star in terms of scale and spherical design. Next thing you know, there'll be a shitty plot twist where Cortana is Chief's sister and the Didact is Chief's father.

I hate Star Wars.

BiggD
10-24-2012, 12:11 PM
*replays for 10th time before going to work*

*realizes he's running late*

Must. Stop. Watching.

MixMaker1
10-24-2012, 03:26 PM
The more I watch this, the more disappointed I am with it. Hopefully 343i will release an extended cut of this that won't be televised. But what's with the Star Wars approach? I mean, they've already announced Halo 5 will have a darker tone, like Star Wars. The Didact can force choke like Darth Vader. If you think about it, Requiem is similar to the Death Star in terms of scale and spherical design. Next thing you know, there'll be a shitty plot twist where Cortana is Chief's sister and the Didact is Chief's father.

I hate Star Wars.
Well, like it or not, Star Wars inspired a TON of what Halo is. Hell, even the opening scene in Halo: CE is VERY similar to the opening of episode IV.

That being said, remember, it's been noted in the books that the Forerunners can bend time and space. It's a bit jarring, but I will be interested in seeing how it plays out.

Hishoa
10-24-2012, 04:44 PM
inb4 halo ripped off starwars

LickableLemons7
10-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Well, like it or not, Star Wars inspired a TON of what Halo is. Hell, even the opening scene in Halo: CE is VERY similar to the opening of episode IV.

That being said, remember, it's been noted in the books that the Forerunners can bend time and space. It's a bit jarring, but I will be interested in seeing how it plays out.

I never saw the inspiration coming from Star Wars, most of it from the Alien franchise. But now, with the flood absent from the campaign (Johnson too), it just makes the Star Wars aspects shine brighter. And I hate Star Wars, yet love Alien(s). Sgt. Apone is exactly the same as Sgt. Johnson, and seeing Johnson in an ad for Combat Evolved PC was what made me purchase the original Xbox, along with Combat Evolved.

Halo Demo Trailer - YouTube

I'll go cry in a corner now.

Done. In regards to the second half of your post, here's a video that was released on August 26th, 2011. I'm really surprised with Halo4Follower's accuracy in gathering intel, especially considering he was around 14 or 15 years old back then.

Halo 4 News - Sequence Leaked! But trashed! - FT. Chris - YouTube

MixMaker1
10-24-2012, 07:17 PM
I was talking more about the galactic scope rather than characters and overarching storylines. But yes, I do agree Aliens was an influence as well.

I was JUST talking to a friend about that leaked cut scene as well. I thought it was doo doo and now it seems... plausible. Crazy.

Either way it's no surprise we know Forerunners can "bend time and space." So it will be interesting to see how this is handeled.

I still don't think Chief and Didact will ultimately end up fighting one another (in the OVERALL scope of the story, that is).

RBmaster9345
10-24-2012, 09:48 PM
The voice on the Didact......omg awesome

Snowed
10-24-2012, 10:24 PM
If the Master Chief and Didact don't fight, then it will be exactly like the MC and Arbiter relationship. We don't need another of those.

Also, I don't see why the Didact is even an enemy. As far I as I know, it hasn't even been officially confirmed that he is even aggressive toward the humans. I realize the books say he hates humans, but it seems like he's more apathetic than anything in the first Forerunner book. I haven't read the end of Primordium, nor have I read Halo 4's story spoilers so I could be wrong.

BiggD
10-24-2012, 10:35 PM
The voice on the Didact......omg awesome

Agreed. Some part of me wishes Michael Wincott returned for the game as the Didact, kinda sounds like him.

MixMaker1
10-24-2012, 10:38 PM
If the Master Chief and Didact don't fight, then it will be exactly like the MC and Arbiter relationship. We don't need another of those.
Not necessarily. Especially if the "threat" is bigger than Humans (we don't know where Precursors fall into the mix, probably will by the end of the game and/or Halo 5?

Also, I don't see why the Didact is even an enemy. As far I as I know, it hasn't even been officially confirmed that he is even aggressive toward the humans. I realize the books say he hates humans, but it seems like he's more apathetic than anything in the first Forerunner book.
Ditto. This is aggravating, but remember Silentium comes out in March 2013, and should answer unexplained things in Halo 4. Either way, I hope this doesn't become a Forerunners vs. humans story. The marketing makes it seem this way, which is why I hope a twist comes!

I haven't read the end of Primordium, nor have I read Halo 4's story spoilers so I could be wrong.
Not really at all - the "Humans stand as the greatest threat to the Galaxy line" has me pulling my hair out. There is something we don't know... yet.

MixMaker1
10-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Check out this trailer breakdown I did for HaloZone:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y9z9XAV0TY

BiggD
10-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Check out this trailer breakdown I did for HaloZone:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y9z9XAV0TY

I like your breakdown man, very detailed and your presentation/diction is great.

As for the other Halo ring @ 0:40, I thought it was just a shadow or orbiting planet, but who knows! I haven't read the Forerunner novels yet but the bending time ability looks good.

The Halo 2 screen with the holo-pad, that's just an amazing find man, wow!

"Chief doesn't fall because we have to play Halo 5" lmao :p

Didact's voice is amazing.

RBmaster9345
10-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Not really at all - the "Humans stand as the greatest threat to the Galaxy line" has me pulling my hair out. There is something we don't know... yet.

I think he's talking like the Elites from Glasslands. The way we spread and consume in this universe is akin to the way the Flood does. I think that is the point, a point the Didact patented from before the game's started.

MixMaker1
10-25-2012, 05:13 PM
I like your breakdown man, very detailed and your presentation/diction is great.

As for the other Halo ring @ 0:40, I thought it was just a shadow or orbiting planet, but who knows! I haven't read the Forerunner novels yet but the bending time ability looks good.

The Halo 2 screen with the holo-pad, that's just an amazing find man, wow!

Didact's voice is amazing.
Thanks my dude. Appreciate it. Trying to build up my SUBSCRIBER base more. Had a cool opportunity to work with HaloZone and wanted to do a breakdown on this trailer since I noticed some cool things in it.

We're getting close. Also, we'll need to get down and play some Halo soon!

BiggD
10-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Thanks my dude. Appreciate it. Trying to build up my SUBSCRIBER base more. Had a cool opportunity to work with HaloZone and wanted to do a breakdown on this trailer since I noticed some cool things in it.

We're getting close. Also, we'll need to get down and play some Halo soon!

Don't mention it man, just keep up the good work on your videos. Sick that you had a opportunity to work with them!

Only 11 days! I'm dedicating the 6th to full Solo Campaign, but anytime after that, we definitely have to do some Co-Op runs, and team up for Spartan Ops and even WarGames man!

lifeexpectancy
10-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Same here man. The 6th is Solo Legendary all the way, but after that I'll be looking to throw down in co-op, spartan ops, and war games. I'm leaving work just before midnight on the 5th and don't have to be back until the evening of the 9th, so I'll be going for broke on this game for 3 days. I'll make time to eat, sleep, and s*** but that's about it.

Already have the wife's blessing, lol.

Hishoa
10-25-2012, 06:06 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Chief fall from orbit at the beginning of Halo 3 and survive due to his armor? :confused:

BiggD
10-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Same here man. The 6th is Solo Legendary all the way, but after that I'll be looking to throw down in co-op, spartan ops, and war games. I'm leaving work just before midnight on the 5th and don't have to be back until the evening of the 9th, so I'll be going for broke on this game for 3 days. I'll make time to eat, sleep, and s*** but that's about it.

Already have the wife's blessing, lol.

I was considering doing Legendary at the start, but I may just begin with Normal so that I don't get frustrated at the game when I can't proceed past a certain objective/battle. I'm not entirely sure yet though. Like you, I realize that the only other things I'll have time for that first week of release is sleep, food, voting & bathroom needs, lol.

(I know this isn't the thread for it, but...) Seeing as we're all huge Halo junkies, if you or anyone else is down to get some WarGames and some intense Spartan Ops in, always feel free to shoot me a message!

DarkReign2021
10-25-2012, 10:43 PM
*Walks in quietly and sits down in the corner*

I'm done. No more speculation, no more overzealous nerdism. There are so many fellow Halo fanatics here that I don't think my services are necessary anymore, so I'm just going to sit back and bask in all of you guys' posts ^_^

Trailer is a tease. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Keep hearing people say Halo 4 is the worst campaign yet, but last time I heard that was with ODST and that's one of my favorite campaigns in the series, so I'm not worried. Probably just people that are annoyed that the game is more story-focused and less "ridiculous cliche hollywood-action scene-ish" like the entire CoD series seems to have boiled down to. Can't say for certain since I obviously haven't played the game yet, but ODST was despised for it's slow-pacing and focus on atmosphere and story-telling, so hopefully it's a repeating trend.

Regardless of the reality, I'll still love it like I love everything that forwards the Universe's lore and I'll credit any disappointments to 343 still getting into the swing of things. There's always Halo 5 if things don't go as well as we hope.

That said, you should all be proud of me (or maybe disappointed...) We got our copies of Halo 4 in at work today. I held 60 copies of the game in my hand, including 6 of the console bundles, and I resisted the temptation to sneak a copy into my shopping cart. I'm behaving myself to the best of my ability...

ReverendSID
10-26-2012, 12:08 AM
That said, you should all be proud of me (or maybe disappointed...) We got our copies of Halo 4 in at work today. I held 60 copies of the game in my hand, including 6 of the console bundles, and I resisted the temptation to sneak a copy into my shopping cart. I'm behaving myself to the best of my ability...
I honestly can't decide if I'm proud or disappointed....

BiggD
10-26-2012, 12:39 AM
Trailer is a tease. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Keep hearing people say Halo 4 is the worst campaign yet...Probably just people that are annoyed that the game is more story-focused and less "ridiculous cliche hollywood-action scene-ish" like the entire CoD series seems to have boiled down to.

I'd say disappointed :p If it were me, I'd go ahead and sneak a copy home with me, as evil as that sounds. As for Halo focusing on story-telling, I'd rather them do it this way, then make it 'action-packed' as you stated.

MixMaker1
10-26-2012, 04:07 AM
I want to start a series based around us Halo nuts - life, bigg, Dark and myself.

Perhaps a weekly run-through of every Spartan Ops mission is waiting for this superteam?

Ty-Rex
10-26-2012, 05:21 AM
Perhaps a weekly run-through of every Spartan Ops mission is waiting for this superteam?
This is kind of off topic, but I watched an episode of you let's play of CEA, and it was much better than I thought it would be. I know that seems like a back-handed compliment, but most YouTube LPs are the worst things. Facecams, talking over cutscenes and constant screaming are the norm there, so I was really surprised when it opened with the cutscene playing out normally and then just you and your friend having a normal conversation while playing the game.

The only complaint I could think of was that your friend's mic quality wasn't great since it was just xbox mic quality. Even then, it seems like you did some audio ducking so he was still easily audible anyway.

So there's my opinion that you didn't ask for, but I just wanted to say good job, keep it up and if you guys did some sort of Spartan Ops thing I would definitely watch it as long as the other 3 people aren't weird or boring.

MixMaker1
10-26-2012, 06:46 AM
This is kind of off topic, but I watched an episode of you let's play of CEA, and it was much better than I thought it would be. I know that seems like a back-handed compliment, but most YouTube LPs are the worst things. Facecams, talking over cutscenes and constant screaming are the norm there, so I was really surprised when it opened with the cutscene playing out normally and then just you and your friend having a normal conversation while playing the game.

The only complaint I could think of was that your friend's mic quality wasn't great since it was just xbox mic quality. Even then, it seems like you did some audio ducking so he was still easily audible anyway.

So there's my opinion that you didn't ask for, but I just wanted to say good job, keep it up and if you guys did some sort of Spartan Ops thing I would definitely watch it as long as the other 3 people aren't weird or boring.
Thanks man - if you watched episode 1 by chance, yes his Mic quality was horrible. I changed a setting from ep 2 or 3 onward to where you can hear him clearly :)

I really appreciate those words and would love to do something with the fellas here. My core Halo love comes from obtaining ALL the achievements, my channel has been out of a labor of love for the game, series. Can't wait to expand :)

Again - thanks for the kind words. I was VERY hesitant to do a LP and def. would NOT have if it wasn't for co-op with him (he's knowledgeable about his Halo so it's a fun mix).

BiggD
10-26-2012, 11:06 AM
I want to start a series based around us Halo nuts - life, bigg, Dark and myself.

I would love to be apart of this. I can see nothing better than partying up one evening and playing through all 5 chapters on say, Legendary, whilst getting it all on camera. I am more than down.

This is kind of off topic, but I watched an episode of you let's play of CEA, and it was much better than I thought it would be. I know that seems like a back-handed compliment, but most YouTube LPs are the worst things.

His videos are great, aren't they? And I think you should definitely get in on this, your sarcasm and constant jests are genuinely comical.

theNomad
10-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Epic trailer, like already mentioned the voice acting sent shivers down my spine.

Quality break down Mix, the 6 finger spot was revealing and worth the watch alone. I'm still puzzled why the knights have human looking skulls and curious after the break down why some are blue and others orange, guess it could denote the knights class.

;) DarkReign how could we be anything but disappointed, anyone with early access and not abusing it must be crazy. I'd have been happily playing now while everyone else here sat in anticipation for 10 more long days.

Darkforce412
10-26-2012, 02:49 PM

whoever he is hes very powerful and may be a the leader and the boss of the game, not to mention, he seems to be the only one that can talk like a human, almost like the queen in gears of war.

DarkReign2021
10-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Epic trailer, like already mentioned the voice acting sent shivers down my spine.

Quality break down Mix, the 6 finger spot was revealing and worth the watch alone. I'm still puzzled why the knights have human looking skulls and curious after the break down why some are blue and others orange, guess it could denote the knights class.

;) DarkReign how could we be anything but disappointed, anyone with early access and not abusing it must be crazy. I'd have been happily playing now while everyone else here sat in anticipation for 10 more long days.

That's because I am a kind and benevolent leader. It would be unust to satisfy my craving when I know all of my disciples maintain their reluctant wait. And so thus I cast myself upon mine sword in attempt to discipline myself so that I may be looked upon as an equal when we all reach the end of our wait and begin the Great Journey, lest I evoke the anger of our Forerunner lords and should be denied my ascension into Godhood for my gluttonous deed.

LickableLemons7
10-26-2012, 07:11 PM
whoever he is hes very powerful and may be a the leader and the boss of the game, not to mention, he seems to be the only one that can talk like a human, almost like the queen in gears of war.

Whoa bro, have you read Halo: Cryptum or Primordium? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

But this link here can bring you up to speed. If you don't want to have an idea of who the Didact is when you start the campaign, DO NOT CLICK THE LINK.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Didact

I think there should be a thread that can help bring people up to speed on the Forerunner saga and the two books of the planned Kilo-Five trilogy. I haven't finished The Thursday War yet, so I don't know if I should be the one to do so.

oG Lilith
10-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Looks really good!

Darkforce412
10-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Whoa bro, have you read Halo: Cryptum or Primordium? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

But this link here can bring you up to speed. If you don't want to have an idea of who the Didact is when you start the campaign, DO NOT CLICK THE LINK.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Didact

I think there should be a thread that can help bring people up to speed on the Forerunner saga and the two books of the planned Kilo-Five trilogy. I haven't finished The Thursday War yet, so I don't know if I should be the one to do so.

very interesting find. Their r so much going on in the halo universe that i cant remember all of them but thanks man this helps.:)

Barad
10-26-2012, 08:02 PM
One of the best launch trailers I've seen in a long time, so damn good.

I mak3 big boom
10-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Gaaaah...! the wait is unbearable!