PDA

View Full Version : "... the most expensive game microsoft has made"

OceanH
10-25-2012, 11:30 PM
In an interview with Polygon, Microsoft Studios head Phil Spencer says it's a three billion dollar franchise and the "most important entertainment product in the company." Asked if it's the most expensive game Microsoft has made, he says, "Absolutely. Nothing's even close."

The test subject section:

Thanks to non-disclosure agreements, Peluso's Polygon interview marks the only time he's contractually allowed to talk about what he saw before the game releases. Even now, as this story goes live before the game ships, he can't repeat the things we just quoted him saying. Such is Microsoft's security for Halo 4 testing.

... In other words, the game hasn't even been shipped to stores when this article was published (October 24th)

http://www.polygon.com/2012/10/24/3538296/data-entry-risk-management-and-tacos-inside-halo-4s-playtest-labs

Halo 4 - Campaign Playtest - YouTube

Halo 4 - Multiplayer Playtest - YouTube

iBuzz7S
10-25-2012, 11:59 PM
Dude, nice find! That makes me regret spoiling the game for myself. That is one good read, even if you aren't a fan of Halo. It gives you a little insight into what goes on behind the scenes.

theNomad
10-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Good videos, nice inclusion here OceanH its great to see behind the scenes work a massive triple A title like Halo gets.

Polygon is definately getting a youtube subscription from me. And I'd love to see releases of all 10 retail maps playtest graphs, just to know wheres best to kill.

BiggD
10-26-2012, 04:52 PM
$60 million to make.

1.1 million pre-orders (standard and limited combined) = $60+ million from preorders alone.

343i knows what they're doing!!!

RBmaster9345
10-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Damn straight, bitches love dem Halos

Darkforce412
10-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Damn straight, bitches love dem Halos\\

this has to get game of the year i mean come on what can beat it?

Barad
10-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Just makes me want to play this game 10 times more.. Billion dollar game. :p

Gackt
10-26-2012, 08:08 PM
\\

Call of Duty.

Darkforce412
10-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Call of Duty.

lol they dont stand a chance, they always do the same thing over and over, their is no way in hell their going to win. In fact they dont even change their online play, they will never get the respect they did back then if they keep this up.

Gackt
10-26-2012, 08:22 PM
lol they dont stand a chance, they always do the same thing over and over, their is no way in hell their going to win. In fact they dont even change their online play, they will never get the respect they did back then if they keep this up.

I like both franchises, but what you said makes me laugh...because Halo does the same thing every new release with a few changes same as Call of Duty...only Halo takes years between releases.

Darkforce412
10-26-2012, 08:35 PM
I like both franchises, but what you said makes me laugh...because Halo does the same thing every new release with a few changes same as Call of Duty...only Halo takes years between releases.

Their r much more halo fans out their then call of duty. sure halo does do some same shit but have u noticed ever since modern warfare 3 came out everyone started to hate cod? doesnt that show somethings wrong with the franchise?

Gackt
10-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Their r much more halo fans out their then call of duty. sure halo does do some same shit but have u noticed ever since modern warfare 3 came out everyone started to hate cod? doesnt that show somethings wrong with the franchise?

I agree with you about MW3...game was awful and a good sign that something is wrong with the series. It's currently the 2nd most played game on XBL only surpassed by Minecraft recently.

Call of Duty needs some major changes, it has it's issues and so does Halo. But let's be realistic here...Halo is an exclusive, Call of Duty will be played by fans on 3 consoles and PC. Halo will fall quite short in comparison.

Darkforce412
10-26-2012, 08:56 PM
I agree with you about MW3...game was awful and a good sign that something is wrong with the series. It's currently the 2nd most played game on XBL only surpassed by Minecraft recently.

Call of Duty needs some major changes, it has it's issues and so does Halo. But let's be realistic here...Halo is an exclusive, Call of Duty will be played by fans on 3 consoles and PC. Halo will fall quite short in comparison.

u may have a point their. Will just see if this halo and the other halos are any different from the series. :)

Gackt
10-26-2012, 09:04 PM
u may have a point their. Will just see if this halo and the other halos are any different from the series. :)

I'm pretty excited for it either way. I haven't been this excited for a Halo game since Halo 2 lol. Looking fwd to it :)

BiggD
10-26-2012, 09:18 PM

I'm not here to bash on your opinions but just because a game is in the top five, 'Most Played Games' doesn't mean it has to, or is good.

BlueLeg
10-26-2012, 09:21 PM
It will all be worth it in the end.

Gackt
10-26-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm not here to bash on your opinions but just because a game is in the top five, 'Most Played Games' doesn't mean it has to, or is good.

No, but we weren't discussing the quality of the game, just that a lot of people play it and it has a larger playerbase than Halo. :)

xXmyxxmastaXx
10-26-2012, 11:00 PM
it takes 2 weeks to make a cod game lol

BiggD
10-26-2012, 11:27 PM
No, but we weren't discussing the quality of the game, just that a lot of people play it and it has a larger playerbase than Halo. :)

Understood, apologies.

it takes 2 weeks to make a cod game lol

Wouldn't doubt it. Apparently they've been using the same engine since Call of Duty 2.

Ty-Rex
10-27-2012, 01:30 AM
Wouldn't doubt it. Apparently they've been using the same engine making the same game since Call of Duty 2.
Fix'd that for you.

cod got burned too. im on fire right now with these burns im handing out.

BiggD
10-27-2012, 01:47 AM
Fix'd that for you.

cod got burned too. im on fire right now with these burns im handing out.

lmao! :D

Well, it's true. CoD2 was the last good one.

Ty-Rex
10-27-2012, 02:04 AM
lmao! :D

Well, it's true. CoD2 was the last good one.
Imo, CoD2 was bad, and CoD4 and MW2 were good multiplayer games. I actually enjoyed Black Ops campaign too.

It's just so easy to make fun of CoD.

Tsaako
10-27-2012, 02:13 AM
Looks as though they're set to get a nice juicy return from this though!

Damn it I can't wait any longer.

RBmaster9345
10-27-2012, 02:28 AM
\\

AC III or Borderlands 2 could have a chance. As for CoD, repetition =/= GoTY, innovation does.

BiggD
10-27-2012, 02:45 AM
Imo, CoD2 was bad, and CoD4 and MW2 were good multiplayer games. I actually enjoyed Black Ops campaign too.

It's just so easy to make fun of CoD.

Black Ops had an interesting yet rip-off Fight Club Campaign. MW2 was decent but CoD4 had one of the best multiplayer experiences ever.

AC III or Borderlands 2 could have a chance. As for CoD, repetition =/= GoTY, innovation does.

ACIII has an extremely high chance of winning but Halo should and will win the award.

Darkforce412
10-27-2012, 02:34 PM
ACIII has an extremely high chance of winning but Halo should and will win the award.[/QUOTE]

holy crap ur right i forgot all about AC3, yes that game is really looking good, but i still think Halo 4 will beat it. It may be close and i am a big AC fan.

xxdiamondxxinfernoxx
10-27-2012, 03:33 PM
ACIII has an extremely high chance of winning but Halo should and will win the award.

holy crap ur right i forgot all about AC3, yes that game is really looking good, but i still think Halo 4 will beat it. It may be close and i am a big AC fan.[/QUOTE]

Id rather AC beat halo then COD anyday!! CoD makes me mad for some reason. It might be because COD fans are complete tools that cant ever come up with a valid reason to defend it except for sales and popularity. Just because something is popular doesnt mean its good

fax5jrj
10-28-2012, 03:43 AM

People said that about Revelations, which was literally Brotherhood with bombs. AC3 looks great and different, but will be proportionally overrated as Revelations was.

Halo 4 should win, but anyone who awards it that will be bashed for giving it to a "generic fps." Gotta hate the gaming community. :/

BiggD
10-28-2012, 05:34 AM
People said that about Revelations, which was literally Brotherhood with bombs. AC3 looks great and different, but will be proportionally overrated as Revelations was.

Halo 4 should win, but anyone who awards it that will be bashed for giving it to a "generic fps." Gotta hate the gaming community. :/

Nah man, ACIII has completely outdone past installments. New engine, new mechanics (not just a lame HookBlade) new environment and much, much more. Like I said, it stands a chance...but Halo should and will win.

fax5jrj
10-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Nah man, ACIII has completely outdone past installments. New engine, new mechanics (not just a lame HookBlade) new environment and much, much more. Like I said, it stands a chance...but Halo should and will win.

I apologize; I only looked at a couple of videos due to my extreme disappointed from Revelations. I'm still eventually going to get ACIII, but now I'm more excited for it.

I would pick Halo 4 as my GOTY, followed by B2, Dishonored, and ME3, even though it was a steaming pile of shit compared to ME2.

BiggD
10-28-2012, 06:56 PM
I apologize; I only looked at a couple of videos due to my extreme disappointed from Revelations. I'm still eventually going to get ACIII, but now I'm more excited for it.

It's all good man. Revelations was kinda lame, but I still found myself enjoying it at times. ACIII looks promising though. From everything I read - I can't wait to pick it up on Tuesday. However, come the 6th, I might have to shelf ACIII for a couple days or even weeks so I can enjoy every aspect of Halo 4.

Halo 4 is my GOTY as well. While I wanted to purchase Dishonored and BL2, I decided to hold off so that I can save up for the Halo Console Bundle. Both games look great though, like amazing. Never got into the ME series but from what I've heard from a close friend of mine, the game wasn't as good as the first two installments. I'm hoping Halo 4 will also win Best Shooter and Best Graphics.

fax5jrj
10-29-2012, 02:49 AM
Halo 4 is my GOTY as well. While I wanted to purchase Dishonored and BL2, I decided to hold off so that I can save up for the Halo Console Bundle. Both games look great though, like amazing. Never got into the ME series but from what I've heard from a close friend of mine, the game wasn't as good as the first two installments. I'm hoping Halo 4 will also win Best Shooter and Best Graphics.

Dishonored is great, but missable, and BL2 was fantastic. IMO, the only thing that can even challenge Halo 4.

And Mass Effect 1 was meh too, but it's all worth it for ME2. ME2 and Halo 3 are, IMO, the best games of this generation.

BiggD
10-29-2012, 03:32 AM
Dishonored is great, but missable, and BL2 was fantastic. IMO, the only thing that can even challenge Halo 4.

And Mass Effect 1 was meh too, but it's all worth it for ME2. ME2 and Halo 3 are, IMO, the best games of this generation.

Let's see how the first too mentioned games hold up against the rest of the competition. IMO, I'd have to say Fallout 3 & Halo 2 are the best games of the last decade!

DEG23
10-29-2012, 03:33 AM
I'm hoping Halo 4 will also win Best Shooter and Best Graphics.

....because?

Maybe i've missed something in my years of gaming but i honestly don't get the whole Game of the Year thing. What difference does it make if a game wins or not. Or is this one of those things that when your game wins you have the right to tell yourself that you guessed it from the beginning and give yourself a pat on the back???

Ty-Rex
10-29-2012, 03:51 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks it's weird that people are calling a game that they haven't played yet game of the year.

I also enjoy when every single game ends up having a "Game of the Year" version. Every game is game of the year. Minesweeper is my goty.

xXmyxxmastaXx
10-29-2012, 04:59 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks it's weird that people are calling a game that they haven't played yet game of the year.

I also enjoy when every single game ends up having a "Game of the Year" version. Every game is game of the year. Minesweeper is my goty.

nope superman 64

Ty-Rex
10-29-2012, 05:03 AM
nope superman 64
Superman 64 didn't come out this year. Duh. Duuuuuh.

Minesweer '2012 The Reckoning

edit duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

CVG
10-29-2012, 08:59 PM
games looking better each day. damn how the hell am i going to find time for borderlands 2, ac3, nfs most wanted, this and work and other stuff. crazy few months for games!

IIIM3
10-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Great find my man, loved watching those videos.