PDA

View Full Version : ODST Helmet?

gig
10-26-2012, 08:16 AM
Anyone know if the ODST helmet is going to be in Halo 4? Thats one of my favorite helmets since halo 3 and I hope they bring it back. Anyone know? The helmet in the Flag/Oddball assassinations trailer looks like it but not sure

BiggD
10-26-2012, 10:59 AM
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=halo+4+helmets&hl=en&safe=off&sa=X&biw=1230&bih=680&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=yhZD3If-LToiDM:&imgrefurl=http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx%3FpostID%3D73509713&docid=Ods2EaRe0RZ7gM&imgurl=http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/166/0/f/halo_4_based_helmets_by_giovannimicarelli-d53jy5a.png&w=1325&h=484&ei=6WyKUMP-I-HO0QGV4YDADg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=406&sig=106271053265653897111&page=1&tbnh=119&tbnw=276&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:0,i:98&tx=97&ty=92

^I'm to lazy to format the picture correctly. Just click the link.

theNomad
10-26-2012, 12:32 PM
^I'm to lazy to format the picture correctly. Just click the link.
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/166/0/f/halo_4_based_helmets_by_giovannimicarelli-d53jy5a.png

Heres your picture, you gotta love the Bungie forum for comedy gold, I lol'd at the why has halo 4 got bionicles in it topic, heres a full helmet photo

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5433/halo4helms.jpg

BiggD
10-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Jesus Christ, they do look like Bionicles now that I think about it. Some look better than others, and some are downright hideous. Half of them don't even have visors, how does that make sense?

For a default helmet, Warrior looks really good. Rouge, Strider, EVA and Orbital all look the same & Aviator and Operator looks similar :mad: War Master kinda looks like ODST. Venator looks like something outta Dead Space.

Aviator, Fotus and Warrior are definitely my favorite, in that order.

Gackt
10-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Scanner definitely is my favorite on there.

ReverendSID
10-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Half of them don't even have visors, how does that make sense?
In terms of for the Visor color option they all have an element that counts as a visor. CIO and Tracker, the 3 dots change color. Wetwork, Engineer and Pathfinder have strips in the middle of the helmet of varying sizes that change, maybe Stalker as well, but I think that one goes off to the sides as well. Vanguard has a square dead center. Pretty sure Infiltrator's got a couple of eyes like EOD does. Gungir has a little dot off on the right side that changes color. The only one I'm seeing that might not have something is Locus.

As for how a helmet with no Visor would work, simple. External camera and internal display. Which frankly makes a bit more sense to me. One less vulnerable point on the armor. Harder to hit a small camera that could be anywhere on the thing than a largish piece of glass that they KNOW something important is right behind. :p

BiggD
10-26-2012, 04:12 PM
In terms of for the Visor color option they all have an element that counts as a visor. CIO and Tracker, the 3 dots change color. Wetwork, Engineer and Pathfinder have strips in the middle of the helmet of varying sizes that change, maybe Stalker as well, but I think that one goes off to the sides as well. Vanguard has a square dead center. Pretty sure Infiltrator's got a couple of eyes like EOD does. Gungir has a little dot off on the right side that changes color. The only one I'm seeing that might not have something is Locus.

As for how a helmet with no Visor would work, simple. External camera and internal display. Which frankly makes a bit more sense to me. One less vulnerable point on the armor. Harder to hit a small camera that could be anywhere on the thing than a largish piece of glass that they KNOW something important is right behind. :p

Gungir's design has always been kinda silly to me :p but I see what you mean about most of the others. However, for something like Venator - it looks like it'd be a little difficult to see through that visor lol. Your point makes sense, I wouldn't mind a visor-less helmet now that you mention it :p

RBmaster9345
10-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Jesus Christ, they do look like Bionicles now that I think about it. Some look better than others, and some are downright hideous. Half of them don't even have visors, how does that make sense?

Remember my post a while back about shitty armor in Halo?

Venator and Pathfinder FTW and hopefully there'll be a chance to get Deadeye aside from Best Buy preorder, that one's sweet too.

BiggD
10-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Remember my post a while back about shitty armor in Halo?

Venator and Pathfinder FTW and hopefully there'll be a chance to get Deadeye aside from Best Buy preorder, that one's sweet too.

How could I forget! :p

Pathfinder does look pretty badass. I hope Venator becomes available like you said. I got the game and console from GameStop & Amazon respectively, so I missed my chance to get Best Buy's exclusives.

RBmaster9345
10-26-2012, 06:13 PM
How could I forget! :p

Pathfinder does look pretty badass. I hope Venator becomes available like you said. I got the game and console from GameStop & Amazon respectively, so I missed my chance to get Best Buy's exclusives.

Yeah Best Buy definatley had the best shit this time. Had I known that before (information was damn near impossible to find) and I hadnt already pre-ordered my LE from Gamestop I probably woulda done it.

BiggD
10-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Yeah Best Buy definatley had the best shit this time. Had I known that before (information was damn near impossible to find) and I hadnt already pre-ordered my LE from Gamestop I probably woulda done it.

As would I, it sucks. But lets just hope it becomes available through Waypoint or something down the road!

LickableLemons7
10-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Venator! The best.

Vanguard is a close second.

You know, I think after staring at the new models for a while, they don't seem as ugly as they initially did when Game Informer spilled the beans.

But Hazop looks like it's about to burst into tears or something.

Barad
10-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Fotus is made for my head!!

RBmaster9345
10-27-2012, 02:29 AM
But Hazop looks like it's about to burst into tears or something.

Lol I know, its hideous. That scanner one too omg

BiggD
10-27-2012, 02:41 AM
Lol I know, its hideous. That scanner one too omg

Scanner has an easy-bake oven attached to his helmet!

ReverendSID
10-27-2012, 03:00 AM
Well, I'll be rocking the Recruit Prime probably cause I dislike the Warrior. But as soon as I unlock Scout, that's it. I hated the Scout in Reach, this one's much more like the one in Halo 3.

xXmyxxmastaXx
10-27-2012, 03:31 AM
can i haz recon?

gig
10-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Im guessing recruit is the new ODST then? The one in the trailer looked exactly like ODST though

Jet1337
10-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Hazop looks like a sad old man.

ReverendSID
10-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Im guessing recruit is the new ODST then? The one in the trailer looked exactly like ODST though
I think the one in the trailer was War Master. But it's just a guess with that picture.

Gageamatron
10-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Scanner definitely is my favorite on there.
I too love the Virtual Boy. Thank god by 2558 they found out how to make the damn thing wireless.
http://maximizedemulation.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/virtboy1.jpg

Frozenghost001
10-27-2012, 07:29 PM
I think the one in the trailer was War Master. But it's just a guess with that picture.
yeah the war master helmet looks most like the ODST helmet out of the list above. but its a shame they dont actually have the ODST helmet anymore :(

Gackt
10-27-2012, 08:35 PM
I too love the Virtual Boy. Thank go by 2558 they found out how to make the damn thing wireless.
http://maximizedemulation.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/virtboy1.jpg

I still occasionally use my virtual boy :D
Although after playing for a while it messes with my eyes lol.

TwiliTerror
10-28-2012, 06:42 AM
Swear everytime I see the Venator, it reminds me more and more of the Dead Space suits

BiggD
10-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Swear everytime I see the Venator, it reminds me more and more of the Dead Space suits

Agreed! Although I wish I pre-ordered from Best Buy for it.