PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 Field Guide is released

Hishoa
10-26-2012, 06:23 PM
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8FYCPz_iFZ4RDRBajN5ZXpQREU/edit

You may need a google account (email) to view Google docs.

littlejay
10-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Pretty informative guide to the game for people that don't know any of the basics of what has changed and is new.

Bergy3
10-27-2012, 03:04 AM
or people who are very slow perhaps. It's full of cursory information that can be found in greater depth on the good ol' internetz.

I became dubious of this as an official piece of marketing after I found a grammar error...:(

Hishoa
10-27-2012, 05:21 AM
I became dubious of this as an official piece of marketing after I found a grammar error...:(

Grammatical errors are present in plenty of official adverts and promotions. Just the other day the word "Incoming" was spelled as "Incomming" whenever you'd start up Halo: Reach and be presented with the Didact symbol advertising Halo 4 -- doesn't make it any less official, of course.

lifeexpectancy
10-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Yes, unfortunately standards of grammar and spelling have vastly deteriorated in recent years. What used to be viewed as unprofessional has now become so commonplace that nary a brow is raised when a journalist or company makes these errors. Many a company's permanent web page that I have seen has had glaring mistakes in these departments. I should've been an English teacher, because it drives me crazy when I see magazines, newspapers, advertisements, announcements, and various other "reputable" sources that seem to lack editors.