PDA

View Full Version : My Halo Collection Thus Far

LordXaero
10-27-2012, 10:48 PM
It has been a honor to be able to play all of Bungie's masterpieces from day one, all the way to the pending release of 343i's soon to be masterpiece, Halo 4.

I am a huge collector of video games, so I am now in the process of trying to collect all Halo software. I am currently missing Halo 3 Limited Edition, and the Legendary Edition.

But until' then, I present to you my Halo Collection, and let's get ready to bring in Halo 4!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/LordXaero/IMG_2367.jpg

DarkReign2021
10-27-2012, 10:58 PM
A simple, but respectable collection. I'm curious what that case next to Halo Anniversary is though. That case eludes me.

Could be fun to see what kind of collections other people have as well. Everybody post! :D

Here's mine:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/319063_4099803570422_234867438_n.jpg

Left to Right

Shelf 1:
Halo 4 Gamestop Display Box
Master Chief Bobblehead
Ghost Toy
Remote Control Warthog
Halo Legends
Halo Wars
Halo Wars: CE Case
Halo Reach
Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Halo 2
Halo 2 LE Case
Halo 3: ODST
Halo 3
Halo 3 Second Disc
Reach Journal
Halo Wars Graphic Novel
Halo 3 Bestiarum
Halo: Cryptum
Halo: Primordium
Halo: Fall of Reach
Halo: Contact Harvest
Halo: The Cole Protocol
Halo: The Flood
Halo: First Strike
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
Halo: Glasslands
Halo: The Thursday War

Shelf 2:
Series 1 Master Chief MJOLNIR Mk V Armor
Megabloks ODST Drop Pod
10th Anniversary Master Chief 3-pack (featuring H1, H2, and H3 models)
Halo 4 Beer Mug
Halo 2 Headset
Halo: Anniversary Coffee Mug
Halo 4 Window Sticker
12" Arbiter Figure
Halo 4 Master Chief Action Figure
Halo 3 Mens Watch

Shelf 3:
Halo Reach Strategy Guide
Halo Wars Strategy Guide
Halo: Combat Evolved Strategy Guide
Halo 2 Strategy Guide
Halo 3 Strategy Guide
Halo: Bloodlines
Halo: ODST
Halo: Uprising
Halo Graphic Novel
The Art of Halo
The Art of Halo 3
Halo 3 Mountain Dew Game Fuel
Halo 2 7-11 Slurpee cup #01
Halo: Reach ONI Black Box
Remote Control Hornet
Halo Belt Buckles (4 of them)
Halo Wallets (5 of them)

Shelf 4:
Halo Reach Statue
Halo 3 7-11 Slurpee Cup
1:1 Scale Replica Halo 4 Pistol
Halo Risk Boardgame
Original Xbox: Halo Edition
Xbox 360: Halo 3 edition

Shelf 5:
Halo 2 7-11 Slurpee Cup #2
Spirit of Fire Coaster
Halo 3 Dual-Wielding Red Spartan Statue
12" Brute Chieftain Statue
Master Chief Halo 3 Legendary Helmet
Halo 4 Game Fuel 12-Pack

Off to the side there's also 2 Poster Frames with various promotional stickers and cards as well as a lot of the papers and documents that came out of the Black ONI box. Haven't been able to hang them yet.

LordXaero
10-27-2012, 11:02 PM
A simple, but respectable collection. I'm curious what that case next to Halo Anniversary is though. That case eludes me.

Nice collection! I have a few books and collectibles aswell, but I was mainly showcasing the games.

The case next to Anniversary is actually a custom case I made for the Halo 3: Mythic disc.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/21/halo3mythiccasev42.jpg

DarkReign2021
10-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Ah. Okay. Whew. Thought I was missing something important. Had to run out and buy it.

I had that idea once before. Had everything designed and ready for my H2 LE disc and ODST MP disc, but I never got around to printing them. I may have to do that one of these days.

LordXaero
10-28-2012, 12:02 AM
Cherish that book, The Art of Halo 3, as for it goes for a pretty penny on eBay.

I got my copy as a gift, and found out how much it was worth not too long after.

BiggD
10-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Dark, I'm digging the McFarlane Halo 4 Chief Figure. I got myself one of them just last week :) I was also fortunate enough to have a friend from California to send me a Halo 4 Combat Edition Warthog from Comic-Con this summer.

No Halo Encyclopedia? Or did I miss that in the text.

I'll get around to getting a picture of my collections uploaded very soon.

CMCX360
10-28-2012, 12:37 AM
Is that a Halo 2 steelbook in the upper left? Please tell me it doesn't include that hideous XBOX banner on the top...

LordXaero
10-28-2012, 12:45 AM
Is that a Halo 2 steelbook in the upper left? Please tell me it doesn't include that hideous XBOX banner on the top...

No. It came with a slip cover.

BiggD
10-28-2012, 12:45 AM

It does...but thankfully that's the plastic covering that slides over it.

The Elite Elite
10-28-2012, 01:32 AM
If we are only talking about our Halo game collection here's my list:

Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo PC
Halo 2 Limited Edition
Halo 3 Limited Edition
Halo: ODST
Halo Wars Limited Edition
Halo Reach Limited Edition
Halo Anniversary

Gageamatron
10-28-2012, 02:17 AM
I have Waypoint...

CMCX360
10-28-2012, 02:34 AM
No. It came with a slip cover.

It does...but thankfully that's the plastic covering that slides over it.

Ah. Just took a look on Amazon. Looks beautiful.

Can't wait to get my hands on the Halo 4 steelbook. :D

BiggD
10-28-2012, 02:44 AM
Ah. Just took a look on Amazon. Looks beautiful.

Can't wait to get my hands on the Halo 4 steelbook. :D

Same man! The Halo 4 Steelbook looks beautiful. I love the UNSC logo on it. 9 more days!!! :D

LordXaero
10-28-2012, 04:11 AM
Does anyone else think that the Halo 4 steelbook seems a bit lackluster when you open it though? There's no manual!

Stupid environmental friendly crap. I want my full color manual!

xXmyxxmastaXx
10-28-2012, 04:34 AM
i have a pepsico bottling factory in my town but still no game fuel. its the only thing i want for my collection

BiggD
10-28-2012, 05:36 AM
Does anyone else think that the Halo 4 steelbook seems a bit lackluster when you open it though? There's no manual!

Stupid environmental friendly crap. I want my full color manual!

As do I :(

ReverendSID
10-28-2012, 05:38 AM
Dark, I hate you for having the consoles! :( My Halo 3 edition 360 got nicked so I'm stuck with a crappy MW2 edition... and I hate CoD. *single tear*

Otherwise, nice collection. I've got most of the books and comics, but they're digital not physical. And my toy/figure collection is much smaller than yours. Only 4 right now. Have to see about getting some of the H4 ones to beef it up.

Hishoa
10-28-2012, 05:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/MOXnI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aHHBs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Sk8mG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3SYDK.jpg

BiggD
10-28-2012, 05:58 AM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT HISHOA! :eek:

2 things: Is Halo Evolutions any good? Don't seem to have that in my collection. Also, the top copies of First Strike, Flood, Fall of Reach, is anything different about them novels other than cover art?

xXmyxxmastaXx
10-28-2012, 06:37 AM
hishoa you now can make how many threads you want now.

Hishoa
10-28-2012, 07:05 AM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT HISHOA! :eek:

2 things: Is Halo Evolutions any good? Don't seem to have that in my collection. Also, the top copies of First Strike, Flood, Fall of Reach, is anything different about them novels other than cover art?

Evolution is pretty interesting. gives you fresh perspectives from different characters in the Halo universe. for a Halo fan it'll just flesh out the universe that much more. :)

and there's several additions to the new versions of the books; can't remember them but here's amazon's take on the Fall of Reach book:

This new Tor edition will serve as the definitive version of the novel that started Halo fans reading the series, and features brand-new material, including:

*Excerpts of Office of Naval Intelligence interrogations of the Covenant.
*Missives and mandates issued by the Covenant Declassified transmissions regarding the defense of Reach
*A personal insight into the Spartan program The Official Evacuation Order for all inhabitants of Reach.
*Five sketches of cover art by 343 Industries artist, Robogabo

ReverendSID
10-28-2012, 07:38 AM
Hishoa, a couple of quick things.

Why are all the Halo figures standing with their hands up?
Damn you for the consoles as well. :p
I like the Issac Clark on the far left
You're a White Sox fan?!

DarkReign2021
10-28-2012, 07:50 AM
Hishoa I love all those promotional cut-outs!! I wish I could get some, but no stores ever seem to carry them in my area.The only cut-out I've ever seen around here was a Commander Shepard for the ME3 release. I was happy just being able to nab the H4 box a couple days ago.

Also love the Action Figure collection. Never was much my focus because I have trouble keeping up with whats what and find there are too many similarities between most of them to warrant buying the different series. That's why I like just having the MJOLNIR Iterations to showcase the last decade. I will eventually start working on it though.

After my plethora of Halo 4 goodies, I've got a nice little list of things to pick up:

Soundtracks- I have them all digitally, but I want the physical release copies of each soundtrack

Books- Still need to get Art of Halo 4, Halo Encyclopedia, Art of Building Worlds, The Essential Visual Guide, Silentium, and the Hardcover edition of Fall of Reach (the Comic)

Hero Clix- Don't have any of them yet, but I'm mostly interested in the Hunter
Pair and the Scarab (that Scarab is hella expensive right now though.)

The Master Chief Kai figure is pretty sexy and I would love to have it added to my Chief Collection to showcase the unique Japanese take on the armor.

Weta figures- The Master Chief Flood Statue is a must have and the EVA/CQB mini sets are pretty sexy as well.

THan naturally my hunt still continues for weapon replicas and a wearable suit of the Master Chiefs armor (I really don't want different colors. I want just the base MJOLNIR Mk VI armor. Not really picky on whether they go for the H2, H3, or H4 model though.) As for weapons, I have the Halo 4 pistol so far. I still want an Assault Rifle and Battle Rifle at least. Maybe a Plasma Rifle as well.

BiggD
10-28-2012, 03:11 PM
hishoa you now can make how many threads you want now.

My exact thoughts.

Evolution is pretty interesting. gives you fresh perspectives from different characters in the Halo universe. for a Halo fan it'll just flesh out the universe that much more. :)

and there's several additions to the new versions of the books; can't remember them...

Thanks man. I think I'm going to have to purchase a copy of Evolutions in that case. And maybe even the hardcover copies of Crytum, Fall of Reach & the others.

Great collection man, I would have never expected it to be that good. Especially the figures :p You've earned my respect!

LickableLemons7
10-28-2012, 04:32 PM
Man, my collection is too pitiful compared to everyone else's. I'm too embarrassed to put a picture of it up here.

I have :
Games:
-Combat Evolved / Anniversary (and PC)
-Halo 2 / Limited Edition (and PC)
-Bog Standard Halo 3 ( hell, it's even used, I got my 360 later than most, and I was a cheap ass back then)
-Standard Halo Wars
-ODST
-Regular Reach

Halo 4 LE coming soon.

Soundtracks:
-Combat Evolved (not Anniversary OST)
-Halo 2(both volumes)
-ODST

Halo 4 OST coming soon. After listening to demos of songs, I've changed my mind. Green and Blue sounds great.

Books/Comics
-Fall of Reach (definitive edition)
-The Flood (rereleased 2010 edition, as above)
-First Strike (definitive edition)
-Ghost of Onyx
-Contact Harvest
-Cole Protocol
-Cryptum
-Primordium
-Glasslands
-The Thursday War
-Uprising
-Helljumpers
-The Art of Halo 3 (so beautiful!)

I have Silentium pre-ordered. Must acquire Art of Halo 4.

Blu-Rays:
-Legends

Forward unto Dawn has been pre-ordered.

Misc:
Just a Halo 3 slurpee cup.

Man, after seeing what Hishoa posted, I want some action figures. And Hishoa, that Issac Clarke looks sweet.

I don't have any cutouts, or posters(except for one that was crumpled up in my used edition of Halo 3). No wallets, watches, toys...pitiful. I must acquire more things Halo.

Edit: I forgot I to mention my grunt plushy.

If a Halo 5 console comes out (and one probably will) I'm getting it, no matter what.

Hishoa
10-28-2012, 05:07 PM
If a Halo 5 console comes out (and one probably will) I'm getting it, no matter what.

I wonder what it'll look like it, assuming it'll be the "Xbox 720". :woop:

Ty-Rex
10-28-2012, 05:34 PM
I told you guys. I told you Hishoa was God of Halo.

"And ye non-believers shall soon face His wrath for He is an angry and vengeful God"

- Hishoticus 25:17

Spock
10-28-2012, 05:48 PM
I have Halo: Reach St. Ed. and CE Anniversary ...

BiggD
10-28-2012, 06:03 PM
I wonder what it'll look like it, assuming it'll be the "Xbox 720". :woop:

It will most likely be the 720 by then. I'll definitely - without hesitation - buy it :)

UncommonNL
10-28-2012, 08:24 PM
none of you guys got the halo 4 steelbook from the UK yet ? i must say it looks pretty sweet (haven't taken a picture of it yet) http://www.btcwebstore.co.uk/microsoft/index.php/halo-4-steelbook-case.html
Although some could argue it doesn't look very "haloy" i think it's a nice addition to my steelbook collection.

Also has anyone got all the WETA figures ? i've only got the cortana one so far (she's a killer though)

Jet1337
10-28-2012, 08:44 PM
I used to have like 10 of those action clix booster packs. I threw them away because they were stupid and I felt stupid for spending $12 on each pack.

I still have magazine articles from every halo game that OXM and XBN ever did. Thinking about throwing those away too. I also have the second volume of the Halo 2 soundtrack. Garbage. All fucking garbage.

PredatorShroom
10-28-2012, 09:53 PM
My Collection:

Games:
Halo CE
Halo 2
Halo 3 Limited Edition
Halo Wars Limited Edition
Halo 3: ODST
Halo: Reach Legendary Edition
Halo CEA

Books/Comics/Graphic Novels:
Cryptum
Primordium
Evolutions I
Evoluitions II
Ghosts of Onyx
Cole Protocol
Contact Harvest
The Fall of Reach Definitave Edition
The Flood Definitave Edition
First Strike Definitave Edition
Glasslands
The Thursday War
Halo Graphic Novel
Uprising
Bloodlines
Helljumper
Encyclopedia (includes Reach info)
The Visual Essential Guide

DVDs:
Legends

Toys:
McFarlane:
Halo 3 Elites (1 of each different permutation), Halo: Reach Elites (1 of each different permutation), a Halo 3 Grunt, a Halo 3 Mongoose, a Halo: Reach Ghost, Rookie, Dare, Noble Team w/o removable helmets, CE Master Chief, H2 Master Chief, H3 Master Chief, and H4 Master Chief.

This is all what comes to mind.

ManCowBear
10-29-2012, 10:05 PM
I have Halo CE for PC, Xbox and Anniversary edition, Halo 2 Limited Edition, Halo 3 Legendary Edition, Halo ODST and ODST controller, Halo Wars Limited Edition, Halo Reach Legendary Edition, and getting Halo 4 Limited edition.