PDA

View Full Version : ok, wana see the chiefs face now

xxdiamondxxinfernoxx
10-27-2012, 11:44 PM
i have been a fan of halo since the beginning and have always loved the idea that you never got to see his face. but for some reason after watching episode 4 of "forward unto dawn" it just clicked in my head that i want to see what the chief looks like. seeing him brought to life in a tv show and seeing how badass he was just makes me want to know the real MC.

who else thinks maybe we can see his his face at the end of halo 6? since this trilogy is all about the chief and his human past?

LordXaero
10-28-2012, 12:05 AM
Having him remain a mystery is what makes Halo, and the Chief that much better.

I'd rather not see what he looks like, and just see him as the hero we needed him to be.

BiggD
10-28-2012, 12:26 AM
I'd rather not see what he looks like, and just see him as the hero we needed him to be.

Trying to quote Cortana much?

I would actually hate if 343 showed Chief's face at all in the new trilogy. There's no need to see his face. It's left behind the mask so that the player(s) can imagine who they want to underneath the MJOLNIR.

Besides, if you've read the novels, you have a decent picture of what John looks like. As I said, there is no need to show his face...it wouldn't solve/fix/help/etc. anything.

Hishoa
10-28-2012, 12:40 AM

I would actually hate if 343 showed Chief's face at all in the new trilogy. There's no need to see his face. It's left behind the mask so that the player(s) can imagine who they want to underneath the MJOLNIR.

Besides, if you've read the novels, you have a decent picture of what John looks like. As I said, there is no need to show his face...it wouldn't solve/fix/help/etc. anything.

Isn't he a pasty-skinned redhead with freckles? I'm not too sure about the freckles part; been some time since I read the first novel.

BiggD
10-28-2012, 12:44 AM
Isn't he a pasty-skinned redhead with freckles? I'm not too sure about the freckles part; been some time since I read the first novel.

I remember Nylund stating that he had messy brown hair, freckles & a small gap in between his front teeth as a child. I'm not sure where people are getting this redhead information from, as I've seen it on other forums and threads :p

LordXaero
10-28-2012, 12:47 AM

Trying? I think I very well succeeded.

BiggD
10-28-2012, 01:00 AM
Trying? I think I very well succeeded.

"You know me. I did my research. Watched as you became the soldier we needed you to be."

:p

Joker0fLife
10-28-2012, 01:53 AM
I remember Nylund stating that he had messy brown hair, freckles & a small gap in between his front teeth as a child. I'm not sure where people are getting this redhead information from, as I've seen it on other forums and threads :p

Frank O'Connor said in an interview with Eurogamer:
If you went down into that line and found a nerd with a deep canon Halo t-shirt and said describe the Master Chief to this police sketch artist, that police sketch artist would then produce a perfectly accurate rendering of an older man, almost painfully pale, almost albino white, with pale blue eyes, reddish hair, close cropped to a skin head, and maybe the last remnants of freckles he had when he was a kid.

As for seeing the Chief's face, I'd definitely want to at least see a sketch of him somewhere down the lines, even if it is just a concept. I want to see the face of the badass who saved worlds and civilizations from impending doom.

LordXaero
10-28-2012, 01:53 AM
"You know me. I did my research. Watched as you became the soldier we needed you to be."

Meh. It's been awhile since Halo 3. Hush.

BiggD
10-28-2012, 02:41 AM
As for seeing the Chief's face, I'd definitely want to at least see a sketch of him somewhere down the lines, even if it is just a concept. I want to see the face of the badass who saved worlds and civilizations from impending doom.

Seems O'Conner & Nylund have different concepts on what he looks like then! Anyways, I still would not want to see his face.

Meh. It's been awhile since Halo 3. Hush.

xxdiamondxxinfernoxx
10-28-2012, 11:56 AM
i guess im alone on this onne lol

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-28-2012, 12:49 PM
343 said they wont be revealing his face.

exo-apollo
10-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Eh he probably looks like don draper

Jet1337
10-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Basically, the chief is a fucking ginger. Oh god, the irony.

DarkReign2021
10-29-2012, 03:41 AM
The closest you're going to get is probably in the Fall of Reach comic that they did for the first book. I haven't bought it yet so I can't be 100% sure what they show, but I know they at least show his face in the initial boot camp series.

theNomad
10-29-2012, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't expect to see his face in one of the games, but a movie would seem pretty pointless to hire a name brand actor and never show his face. You might as well hire a sound-a-like or just get Steve Downs again.

BiggD
10-29-2012, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't expect to see his face in one of the games, but a movie would seem pretty pointless to hire a name brand actor and never show his face. You might as well hire a sound-a-like or just get Steve Downs again.

If they ever made a movie...Steve Downes would HAVE to voice him. Someone else voicing Chief would be dumb.

Jet1337
10-29-2012, 05:05 PM
If they ever made a movie...Steve Downes would HAVE to voice him. Someone else voicing Chief would be dumb.

Chief sounds a little off in the FUD episodes. I'm sure no one will notice.

LickableLemons7
10-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Chief sounds a little off in the FUD episodes. I'm sure no one will notice.

He's 15 years old in FuD. They wanted a "younger sounding voice."

Tsaako
10-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Would I want to see his face? Maybe but the mystery thing is kinda cool. It's like unboxing a vintage collectable, it's ruined once its opened!

Joker0fLife
10-29-2012, 06:13 PM
343 said they wont be revealing his face.

For this game. They never said anything about Halo 5 or 6 though. It doesn't matter to me if they show it or not, but I'd prefer to see his face at least once.

ZingZitang
10-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Basically, the chief is a fucking ginger. Oh god, the irony.
Irony? Red Heads have special powers right? :p Whats Ironic about it?

(I have Red Hair)

Jet1337
10-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Irony? Red Heads have special powers right? :p Whats Ironic about it?

(I have Red Hair)

South Park?

ZingZitang
10-29-2012, 07:19 PM
South Park?
Oh ok. I don't really watch TV. . . But I have been told how the South Park Ginger Episode goes many times(on account of my red hair, and the fact that I've never seen the actual episode).

Vectorman953
10-29-2012, 07:47 PM
http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/3/3f/Boot_Camp_1_cover.jpg

In case someone didn't want to google search "halo wikia master chief" this was from said Fall of Reach comics

Dog Face
10-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Pls that's what he used to look like.

kynreeve
10-30-2012, 07:51 PM
By the look of his hands from the 'Scanned' trailer, he'd probably be pretty ugly due to the augmentations, lumpy at the least. :P

Vectorman953
10-31-2012, 05:46 AM
I was actually kind of shocked at how far they were willing to go during the 'scanned' trailer.

There was an irrefutable and canon look at him as a child, twice, and the back of his head as an adult.

To be honest, I kind of picture him looking like Darth Vader without his helmet on at this point.

kennyubasterd00
10-31-2012, 10:57 PM
To be honest, I kind of picture him looking like Darth Vader without his helmet on at this point.

Rarely ever takes his helmet off, bet if he took it off in front of a white wall he'd look headless :P

[Ku-Ga] MasonCooper42
11-01-2012, 03:33 PM
this is like the stig from top gear, the buzz from it being "revealed" as michael schumacher caused an incredible stir, but it died down quickly enough.

then a year later the actual stig revealed himself and it just kinda killed the stig in a way, as it wasnt an actual racing driver for me but yeah, it seemed poor when he revealed himself.

wonder if chief has an african cousin and an ass kicking chinese cousin as well

Barad
11-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Agreed..never want to know the real Stig..or Master Chief.

Vectorman953
11-01-2012, 03:56 PM
I told one of my friends that Master Chief was actually a woman who uses a voice modulator. Kind of like a modern day Mulan.
He said he didn't believe me, and I told him this is common knowledge, and that he'd know that if he read the books or went on the wiki.

He now believes that Master Chief is a woman.

At least the game is less sexist now. AMIRITE?

[Ku-Ga] MasonCooper42
11-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Agreed..never want to know the real Stig..or Master Chief.

some of the best little mysteries are brilliant, because they're never revealed, like neil's dad in the inbetweeners, is he or isnt he gay?

point is, i think seeing chief's face might really damage him as a character, i think there is a reason bungie teased it but never showed us his face.

i remember finishing halo 1, my mate and i was so stoked when we just missed his face. great moment of expertly used camera angles

Vectorman953
11-01-2012, 07:02 PM
MasonCooper42;5366141']i remember finishing halo 1, my mate and i was so stoked when we just missed his face. great moment of expertly used camera angles

I think even better when people hacked/edited the cutscene to see what his face actually looked like, and there was just another helmet underneath. THAT was epic.

UltimateTT66
11-24-2012, 01:58 AM
Wanna see his face? Watch the credits through to the end having completed legendary solo...! It's the last thing you see... Or at least part of his face...!

Jet1337
11-24-2012, 02:17 AM
Yeah, they should've showed his "face" in the first game. That would've been an instant meme right there.

I read somewhere the reason they won't show his face is because they want you to believe the chief is anyone you want him to be. To me, I think it's stupid because it's been stated in several media that he's a "he", not a "she".

If you want a female hero, go root for Samus Aran.

Hishoa
11-24-2012, 02:23 AM
I read somewhere the reason they won't show his face is because they want you to believe the chief is anyone you want him to be. To me, I think it's stupid because it's been stated in several media that he's a "he", not a "she".

I believe you're referring to Halo 3 ODST's protagonist, actually.

They didn't show the Master Chief's face because they wanted to initially portray him as a hyperlethal-class warmachine; it's in this new Reclaimer trilogy that they're really fleshing out Chief's humanity, evidence by the campaign and sealed with the Legendary ending's epilogue.

Alas, one could say that this isn't the Reclaimer saga, but rather the.. Reclaim-her saga. ;)

stuhp
11-24-2012, 04:32 AM
Alas, one could say that this isn't the Reclaimer saga, but rather the.. Reclaim-her saga. ;)

Oh my God I lovehate you so much :D