PDA

View Full Version : New account gamerscore problems

Juke777
09-20-2007, 12:29 AM
Ok guys I'm new on here but I have a quick question. This is what happend. I got a 360 and started playing some games on there and got a fairly decent gamerscore (nothing to brag about tho). I only needed a few points to finish Forza 2. That was a long ass game. Well then i realized I had a few months left of xbox live from my original xbox. It trasfered over and everything just fine. I recovered my account, but now all those hard earned gamerpoints are on my 360, but I can't have them on my Live profile? Are they stuck on the account i created when I got my 360 or is there a way to get them over to the account that I'm actually gonna use? Or maybe I can transfer the months I have left over to the profile that has the gamer points? Anyone got any idea's?

Honkymagoo
09-20-2007, 12:33 AM
For future reference don't type a wall of text full of run-on sentences. It's honestly annoying to read and understand exactly what the problem is. Now to your question.

Was the account you got the points on a silver account?

Juke777
09-20-2007, 12:35 AM
I believe so. I never got on Live or online at all with that account. So I'm assuming it's a silver account by default.

Kaens
09-20-2007, 01:00 AM
Unfortunately Juke, you are screwed. There is no way to transfer those hard earned achievements from your new tag to your old. So you have to make the tough choice go with the old account that has some Live time or stick with the new and keep the achievements. Live time or achievements. I'd take the points myself.

Turbo VDuB 44
09-20-2007, 01:44 AM
That's a shitty situation but i would have to agree. Take the achievements and get a Gold Membership with that account. That way you don't have to do all that crap over again...plus you can always change the account name any time you want for 800 microsoft pts..

DoM cAbAn
09-20-2007, 02:07 AM
For future reference don't type a wall of text full of run-on sentences. It's honestly annoying to read and understand exactly what the problem is.

It wasn't hard at all to understand his problem. And, out of his paragraph, I only see one sentence that you might consider a run-on, so it's not full of them. :p

As to the topic, you do have to choose between your tag with the Achievements or your tag with Xbox Live. I would choose the one with the Achievements because it will probably be a pain to have to go through the whole game another time and get the Achievements you already have, and then some.

Maka
09-20-2007, 02:43 AM
You have two Options:

Scrap your old account with time on it, and make a new one, with the points you've earned
Scrap your points, and keep your old account, but start over.

Skillet
09-20-2007, 04:07 AM
I'd take the Live time...most of those Forza achievements can be re-earned and the Live time would help you gain some multiplayer achievements as well.

Bodangles
09-20-2007, 04:10 AM
Unfortunately Juke, you are screwed. There is no way to transfer those hard earned achievements from your new tag to your old. So you have to make the tough choice go with the old account that has some Live time or stick with the new and keep the achievements. Live time or achievements. I'd take the points myself.

hahaha. said the man with 102045 gamerscore. greedy bastard ;). but yea. what everybody has said. make a choice and commit to it. i just wanted the honor of speaking about/to kaens :).

Juke777
09-20-2007, 07:10 AM
Ok, thanks guys. This kinda sucks because I'm in college and I really have no money. Those live months sure would come in handy especially with halo 3 coming out. I guess I'll just use my free month that came with the 360 and keep the points. Man there's gotta be a way to get more of those free month cards lol.

Kaens
09-20-2007, 02:56 PM
i just wanted the honor of speaking about/to kaens :).
Oh you flatter me! Where abouts in VA do you live? Maybe we hit the same EB! ;)

Bodangles
09-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Oh you flatter me! Where abouts in VA do you live? Maybe we hit the same EB! ;)

i live up in northern VA...lol im well associated with every EB up here seeing as ive been tossed from each of them for looting out all of their two month free trials :eek:.

Bodangles
09-22-2007, 05:00 PM
uhh ^^ ??. I'm not judging Kaens as a person because he has an ultimately amazing gamerscore. which he does. the fact that hes a moderator on this site should be enough in the first place, let alone the fact that Ive read some of his posts, just to find out that HE'S A VERY SENSITIVE GUY. ;).

ahah sorry to get off topic :).

Ash3n
09-22-2007, 05:02 PM
you shouldnt judge people by there achievements

most people with high gamer score are nobs (not every one i got some high gs buddys)

Um, you're gunna make friends fast.

Ruthless
09-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Same kinda thing happened to me, well what actually happened was, i got a 360 and didnt know waht xboxlive/achievements was and the only games i had were NFS:most wanted, Hitman and Condemend so i was talkin to a guy at work and he told me to get XBL so i decided to do it, so i signed in to my gamertag and clicked join xbox live, did it all but at some point it said my gamertag was currupt and i had to start again, i only had like 450 GS but i had completed hitman and had about 400 Gs on it and everyone know how boring it is doin it again so i only have 50 GS on it now.

Point is this happened to nearly every friend on my friends list, its just a pain in the arse and i take the achievements coz xbox live is only 40 quid a year and use the old tag to play halo 3 online and wen u get some money sign up ur points account.

Kaens
09-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Ive read some of his posts, just to find out that HE'S A VERY SENSITIVE GUY.
Yeah, I cry every time I watch Lion King or hear the National Anthem. True story.

Bodangles
09-24-2007, 04:22 AM
Yeah, I cry every time I watch Lion King or hear the National Anthem. True story.

well what's wrong with being a Patriot? nothing. I RESPECT THAT. allow the lion king is something we might have to work on :).