PDA

View Full Version : Beat Lok on Hard Boiled Easily

Blkmag1k
09-20-2007, 12:45 AM
No, its not a glitch or try to force Lok to be stuck in 1 spot while you headshot/barrage until he's dead.

Sticky, if found helpful

1) At the get go, go left to the first crane by the left stairs

2) wait for lok to reload and run to the other stairs while getting the 2nd crane

3) at this point, you need to use your AR to lay headshots on him. you just need to position yourself so lok is shooting the stairs, meanwhile you can shoot at him. do this until his health bar line is perpendicular to the right side of the letter "O" in his name. Any farther than that and you will trigger the phase 2, then you cannot get it done this way.

4) now to get the third crane from this area. every stairs has a pillar that is made of steel to prevent it from collapsing, counting from the one on this stairs is #1 count left back to the other stairs to #4. shoot that pillar to force to structure to collapse and a crane/health pack will come down.

5) wait for lok to reload and run to the other stairs(dont go up, just stay behind where lok cant touch you) while getting the crane/health pack in the process.

6) (this is the tricky part) go into tequila time and shoot the legs of the right statue. you need to do this fairly quickly so that both legs go out in just about the same time. if done correctly, the statue will fall onto lok to deal 1/3 damage. sometimes it won't fall on him, its random. Other times, it will only deal a little bit of damage. If it worked, lok's health will be at 1/3 or 1/4 depends on if additional debris hits him after it breaks apart on impact.

7) right now lok will be pursing you, just wait until lok comes near you and barrage with your AR to his head

That is all, Good Luck!

Shortly, I will be posting a video

Teh lolNinja
09-20-2007, 09:12 PM
This worked superbly on Hard, so unless Lok's behaviour changes significantly on Hard Boiled, I can't see this method being any less effective.

I've also found a fairly reliable way to drop the left statue on Lok (I presume the same technique will work for the right statue if reversed); shoot the right of the left leg with a short burst from the Assault Rifle, which should remove half of the leg. Then destroy the entire right leg - the remainder of the left leg should then give way and it should land right on top of Lok.

Blkmag1k
09-20-2007, 09:42 PM
I've tried many methods and the way I described it seemed to work most frequently. But if you can get it to work with your method, by then all means.

This method takes a chunk of lok's health on hard boiled, if used on any other difficulty it will be a piece of cake even more

Teh lolNinja
09-20-2007, 10:20 PM
I forgot to mention - no matter how many times I tried, I never got the statue to deal more than 1/4 damage to Lok, meaning that he was on just over 1/2 health - it's tight, but on hard 2 barrages with the assault rifle will finish him off.

Blkmag1k
09-20-2007, 10:23 PM
like I said its random, you might not get it to work on the first try or so. It will take him down on hard boiled, its just a matter of patience. I've seen so many ppl having trouble with this boss on HB, so I thought I'd share my 2 cents

LukeP91
09-22-2007, 05:37 PM
nice find here mag1k... helping me do this bastard at the moment. must have been trying to do this for like 2 hours lol :)

LukeP91
09-22-2007, 07:36 PM
i cant seem to do it?!?! ive followed the guide, shot down all the pillars to get health/cranes, hid behind the stairs being able to shoot him without him hitting me, yet i still seem to die! help would be greatly appreciated!!! many thanks.

i can get up to the bit when you are shooting him with barrage, but it doesnt seem to effect him that much. the lowest i have got his health is about 1/3 and then he shoots me with that stupid gun of his!

theGUNNman
09-23-2007, 02:11 AM
If you have the golden pistols Lok is very easy to take down. You can get them in the previous level.

If you have passed that level just go back to the main menu and under chapters go to the lounge level and replay it on casual. The golden pistols are on the circle thing above the band. Shoot it out and collect the pistols. Finish the level and make sure you save the golden pistols when you finish. When it loads up the Lok level just quit to the main menu. Go to continue game and select hard boiled and then you are in the Lok level on hard boiled and with golden pistols. Use the same method everyone elses says to use to kill Lok but use the golden pistols during the barrages. The important thing is to not waste the golden pistol ammo. Only use it during barrages and when Lok is very low on health to finish him off.

I tried other methods for hours and got nowhere. Tried this and got it fist time.

Credit for this must be given to Lil Pips. He is the one who posted this method.

LukeP91
09-23-2007, 10:03 AM
If you have the golden pistols Lok is very easy to take down. You can get them in the previous level.

If you have passed that level just go back to the main menu and under chapters go to the lounge level and replay it on casual. The golden pistols are on the circle thing above the band. Shoot it out and collect the pistols. Finish the level and make sure you save the golden pistols when you finish. When it loads up the Lok level just quit to the main menu. Go to continue game and select hard boiled and then you are in the Lok level on hard boiled and with golden pistols. Use the same method everyone elses says to use to kill Lok but use the golden pistols during the barrages. The important thing is to not waste the golden pistol ammo. Only use it during barrages and when Lok is very low on health to finish him off.

I tried other methods for hours and got nowhere. Tried this and got it fist time.

Credit for this must be given to Lil Pips. He is the one who posted this method.

you kind gentlemen, are a savior! (think thats how its spelt)
only one issue though that i was thinking about, do you still get the achievement for completing it on hard-boiled? cos you change back to casual...

Blkmag1k
09-23-2007, 04:41 PM
the way he is talking about is just go back to the previous level on casual, obtain the golden pistols and exit when you reach the next checkpoint/save. select the lok mission on hard boiled and then you will have the golden pistols everytime. As far as my method is concerned, it took me quite a few tries myself but I did managed to do it. Really its kinda rude to come to my thread and contribute a method against mine. whatever though

LukeP91
09-24-2007, 05:46 PM
the way he is talking about is just go back to the previous level on casual, obtain the golden pistols and exit when you reach the next checkpoint/save. select the lok mission on hard boiled and then you will have the golden pistols everytime. As far as my method is concerned, it took me quite a few tries myself but I did managed to do it. Really its kinda rude to come to my thread and contribute a method against mine. whatever though

sorry if that was directed towards me, but this website is about contributing ideas, to make players lives easier;)
but ive done it now without using the golden guns, so i have no issue what so ever! thanks for the tips!

TheGreg
11-20-2007, 03:51 PM
I got so boned... I got the golden pistols on Hard Boiled. Went in to fight Lok and died rather quickly. When I restarted I don't have the golden pistols anymore. What a ripoff.

*Edit. The trick to it is getting the golden guns before you kill the clowns on the elevator, cus that's when it saves.

Alfman1
04-23-2008, 09:21 PM

lol Chill out mate.. This sites about helpin people.. I personally found your way real good for me, but some may not be able to do it or may not be lucky enough to get that damn statue fall on Lok's head. (It fell on him first time, doing exactly what you said it would) So they need another technique to try..

Its not rude cause he wasnt saying you method is crap. It just makes the place tidier if you post all methods in one thread.. So yeh.. I don't think he was tryin to insult you or anythin

bustin
07-15-2008, 03:34 AM
finally beat him using this method. getting that statue to fall on him was the hardest part and it took me quite awhile to do it

desai100
07-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Help please. I have shot him till the o then i run round to get the cranes and then i hit one statue on him. He goes into second phase and then he comes chasing after me i barrage him and then he goes into third phase and then i barrage him again and he has about a fifth of health left and then he kills me. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: its ok done now just had to use the other statue.

Earthbound_X
08-19-2010, 12:51 AM
I know this is pretty old, but it really helped me finally beat Lok on HB. So I think it's worth bumping.

Mike5424
05-28-2011, 09:02 PM
This is really helpful, thank you!

BROKEN POLYGONS
07-23-2011, 04:10 AM
thanks for BOTH tips ;)