Easy 1000g

BOMB SQUIRREL

Downloaded the demo yesterday and played it and the game seemed ok if a little slow.

Can't seem to fill the kers battery at the back of the car though. Everytime you charge it it goes off at the end of the kers section does anyone know if there is a way to store it so it is full? The new video yesterday seemed to show it full along with DRS speed boosts but didn't seem to be able to trigger this on the demo.

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't really specify in the demo/game, but you hold RT until it fills into blue, then release and press again until it fills to yellow, then repeat until red. Not sure about the DRS speed boosts, though.

Based on the hour or so I've played, it seems like an easy 1000g. Doesn't seem like any of the achievements are related to the difficulties outside of beating one race on 3,000cc ("hard") in each country, but I've done all the races on that difficulty so far without any trouble. The time trials might be tough, though.

EDIT: Take back what I said about expert. After the 3rd or 4th championship it turns into your typical Mario Kart bs where a single setback will screw over an entire perfect race. Also, it seems like it's basically required that you get the keys to unlock shortcuts, which is annoying on it's own because it doesn't seem like they're guaranteed to spawn, or something. And even if you get it, you can get it knocked out of you by getting hit by something.

That said, you only have to beat one race on expert on each track so I don't think this changes the 1000g TOO much.

Edited by dpenguin

This game is an almost impossible 1000G. The Gold on time trials are impossible on some of the tracks.

Yeah, just started these today and I feel like even with a perfect line on some tracks I'm just not hitting the gold.

Also seems like you need to hit every extra boost powerup on the track as well.

• 1 month later...

Before I played this I just assumed people were making excuses for not being all that good! But now I've played it, WTF?! lol. First two races I seemed to stroll round in 1st place. Now I can't win if my life depended on it.

I won't count on codemasters sorting this out as their after game support is nothing short of awful. But it seems like even if you set this on 1000cc it's stuck on 3000cc. I'm a decent mario cart player, but this is hard on a whole new level.

How it can be fair that an ai racer is fired 500 yards into the lead never to be caught again is beyond me! :(

After playing the demo I was looking forward to getting this. But am soooooo glad I hired it and didn't spend £40 on it.