PDA

View Full Version : Disk and Installation Q

DGK Chris
10-29-2012, 04:02 AM
So i know H4 will ship with two disks and I know it said something about downloading multiplayer on your HDD. So what is on each disk and do you have to download it or can you just play off the disks?

xXmyxxmastaXx
10-29-2012, 04:55 AM
So i know H4 will ship with two disks and I know it said something about downloading multiplayer on your HDD. So what is on each disk and do you have to download it or can you just play off the disks?

disk 2 is a mandatory install if you want to play MP. disc 1 = Campaign and i believe disc 2 = MP and Spartan ops.

Ty-Rex
10-29-2012, 05:13 AM
disk 2 is a mandatory install if you want to play MP. disc 1 = Campaign and i believe disc 2 = MP and Spartan ops.
You can't force me to do anything. This is the internet, so by extension, this is America. North America. Not the lame Canada part. The cool part. The part with all the guns and capitalism. Land of the Free. You try to come into my house and install a game to my Xbox and I'll be waiting with a katana because NJ gun laws are crazy.

I don't know how they do things in this "Raleigh" you come from, but around here, we take our right to Bear Arms seriously. How do you even say raleigh anyway that? It must be a typo. Did you misspell 'hair gel'? Maybe you could spell if you knew the Laws of the USA.

xXmyxxmastaXx
10-29-2012, 05:24 AM
You can't force me to do anything. This is the internet, so by extension, this is America. North America. Not the lame Canada part. The cool part. The part with all the guns and capitalism. Land of the Free. You try to come into my house and install a game to my Xbox and I'll be waiting with a katana because NJ gun laws are crazy.

I don't know how they do things in this "Raleigh" you come from, but around here, we take our right to Bear Arms seriously. How do you even say raleigh anyway that? It must be a typo. Did you misspell 'hair gel'? Maybe you could spell if you knew the Laws of the USA.

http://i48.tinypic.com/25zierc.jpg

ReverendSID
10-29-2012, 07:12 AM
Oh god, I"m fine with installing the second disc to play MP, but please tell me I don't have to actually switch the disc once that's done...

Therdan
10-29-2012, 09:11 AM
What's ReverendSID is asking is:
Do I need just to install the second disk of the game and then never insert it into the console (like is in Forza) or you must change disks when you want to play single player campaign or the multiplayer?

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-29-2012, 09:37 AM
I know 343 said you need at least 8gb of space to play MP

TransonicPower
10-29-2012, 10:02 AM
I read somewhere that you install the disc2 which is 8gb, and then you can play both campaign and mp without swapping discs.

OceanH
10-29-2012, 11:44 AM

How about you look for the info at the major gaming news websites:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/halo-4-will-ship-on-two-discs-6398292

According to Microsoft, the second disc will contain data that will need to be installed on an Xbox 360 hard drive or compatible flash storage device with at least 8GB of available memory in order to access Halo 4's multiplayer features.

However, Microsoft revealed to GameSpot that once the data is installed, only the first disc will be required to play Halo 4's campaign and multiplayer content.

Previously, Microsoft advised that for an "optimal experience" players should install the entire game to their hard drives. It was not mentioned how large the entire Halo 4 install would be.

BiggD
10-29-2012, 12:18 PM
How about you look for the info at the major gaming news websites:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/halo-4-will-ship-on-two-discs-6398292

According to Microsoft, the second disc will contain data that will need to be installed on an Xbox 360 hard drive or compatible flash storage device with at least 8GB of available memory in order to access Halo 4's multiplayer features.

However, Microsoft revealed to GameSpot that once the data is installed, only the first disc will be required to play Halo 4's campaign and multiplayer content.

Previously, Microsoft advised that for an "optimal experience" players should install the entire game to their hard drives. It was not mentioned how large the entire Halo 4 install would be.

So no switching? :D Sweet.

LickableLemons7
10-29-2012, 12:48 PM
I've heard something along the lines of theater, forge, and custom games on disc 2(not 100% sure). Installing disc 2 to your 360 would allow one to access these features from disc 1. If you don't install disc 1, you'd have to swap discs to play custom games, forge, whatever.

Craphex
11-06-2012, 02:19 PM
So for the best performance do install disc 1 manually and let disc 2 install itself when it asks? Or should I install disc 2 manually anyway?
I got the halo xbox edition so i got tons of space.

ecto69
11-06-2012, 02:28 PM
I installed DISC 2 when the game prompted me here is what it looks like after disk 1 and after disc 2

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5377797&postcount=10

Note that 7.3gb is from DISC 1

the 1.5gb and 2.0gb are from DISC 2

After the game prompts for disk2 and it is done installing you put disc 1 back.
And then can play MP

I had to manually install DISC 1, DISC 2 installs when game prompts you.